Options

Sgt. Superhero Thread: The Spring Spoilers

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    megan fox is a bad actress who says dumb things and represents an aspect of hollywood that I really dislike, so I would prefer her to not be in things I watch.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Why have you chosen this to get so riled up about.

Death threats are bad

Unless directed towards Shia Lebeouf or Mel Gibson?

Celebrities are constantly issued death threats for no reason through social media. Why have you zeroed in on Megan Fox?

Nope, those are still bad

But the level of ire directed at megan fox when her list of crimes is "is not a very good actress" totally gets under my skin, yeah

Eh, she also comes across as a massively spoiled brat. The whole comparing Michael Bay to Hitler because he had the GALL to bring the cast and crew on a tour of the pyramids while they were filming in Egypt.

still doesn't deserve to die

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    no, but was anyone here calling for her death?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE. AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Not here but the topic came up because there were death threats on Facebook in response to her idle comment about movies she would hypothetically like to be in

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    8DN7Y8O.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    THis may be because of how much I've been playing

But for a second I thought that grimlock was a particularly scary dragon from Dark Souls

Like, in fanart form

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Personally I am totally fine with Megan Fox's career because she has pretty much universally been in shitty movies I wouldn't give the time of day to anyway.

Go be in that sailor moon Megan Fox, make your dreams come true.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Thomas the Tank Ranger? My three year old would love this.

Some folks have had that same opinion of the series, especially with how the team's giant mecha looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw5reXpNZbU

Kinda interesting to see a non-gender flipped yellow ranger, but only the pink uniform has the skirt.
    (Only watched the original MMPR, but also knew that the in the original sentai material, yellow was a dude)

Now I wanna see a show where a dude becomes the pink ranger. Either he just rolls with the fact that his outfit has a skirt immediately or it takes a couple of episodes.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Why have you chosen this to get so riled up about.

Death threats are bad

Unless directed towards Shia Lebeouf or Mel Gibson?

Celebrities are constantly issued death threats for no reason through social media. Why have you zeroed in on Megan Fox?

Nope, those are still bad

But the level of ire directed at megan fox when her list of crimes is "is not a very good actress" totally gets under my skin, yeah

Eh, she also comes across as a massively spoiled brat. The whole comparing Michael Bay to Hitler because he had the GALL to bring the cast and crew on a tour of the pyramids while they were filming in Egypt.

still doesn't deserve to die
    I never said she did, in fact I specifically said death threats are never appropriate. :p

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Thomas the Tank Ranger? My three year old would love this.

Some folks have had that same opinion of the series, especially with how the team's giant mecha looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw5reXpNZbU

Kinda interesting to see a non-gender flipped yellow ranger, but only the pink uniform has the skirt.
    (Only watched the original MMPR, but also knew that the in the original sentai material, yellow was a dude)

Now I wanna see a show where a dude becomes the pink ranger. Either he just rolls with the fact that his outfit has a skirt immediately or it takes a couple of episodes.

Actually they do have that in this series.

ghQxIUu.jpg

The team can swap colors in order to use the personal weapon for said color. That's why they're identified by number during this series rather then color. Also, here's a better look at the group's giant mecha and how it comes together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vQxrRh3G0

• Options
    eZE6mjq.jpg

Well A) Holy shit those are Morrison's Marvel Boy cast whaaaat

and B) That hooded guy...his costume...
    orb_grvi2.jpg

Jason Aaron you beautiful bastard

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FUCK

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Ok, the color/weapon swap mechanic is a pretty cool idea.

And can I double awesome that video? Because that is really a sweet transformation sequence.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So I have two questions about Marvel Unlimited. Well, three actually.

1) Is the current library any good?

2) Is it all old stuff or is there some new stuff in the mix?

3) Is the app or whatever user-friendly?

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

There is a TON of new stuff, it actually updates with current ongoing series, just six months behind.

The app is great on iOS and not wonderful but mostly usable on Android

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Using the app for reading is fine, but the personal library feature needs to be fleshed out beyond being just a list of stuff you've saved. At least let me group by series!

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Ok, the color/weapon swap mechanic is a pretty cool idea.

And can I double awesome that video? Because that is really a sweet transformation sequence.

One of the good things about the series is that a lot of what the team does comes off like kids playing superhero which is especially helpful seeing as all their abilities are powered by imagination. Their kid-like attitudes at times connect to their background story...
    ...seeing as they have no memory of their lives beyond a certain point in their childhoods when they all played together. I've only seen the first couple of episodes so far thanks to my regular computer being busted but as far as I know so far, they only know that they're 'as good as dead' and that their town (wherever it is as they don't remember it much either much less it's name) is currently under the control of the villains and that may be what's responsible for the gap in memory between when they were kids and when they found themselves on the train.

• Options
    Robert Downey Jr. made his first tweet like, 10 minutes ago, and already has like, 30,000 followers

• Options
    Jason Aaron has a deep, deep love affair with The Orb.

He has shoved him into so many series he had no business being in.

Started in Ghost Rider, then showed up in Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine and the popped up in his short Hulk run and I think he made a brief appearance in WatXM?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm going to be seeing TWS in a couple of hours!

I'm pretty psyched

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    QQQZWOY.png

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Robert Downey Jr. made his first tweet like, 10 minutes ago, and already has like, 30,000 followers

76,595 now

EDIT: I just refreshed and it's over 80k

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    It's a baby Michelin Man.

• Options
    Baby Colossus is very creepy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

76,595 now

a hundred

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

MDCU is utterly awesome for catching up on Marvel's back catalog. I've been reading all of last year's stuff, it's great.

The app is good. It's best on the web site or iPad, but it's still pretty good on my Android phone.

• Options
    2014-04-10-PLTM196.jpg

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    My hero...

• Options
    Reminder that Matt Fraction and Henry are writing and Adventure Time comic together

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The fedora as a mask is a nice touch

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    I think I might do a month of Marvel Unlimited. I could probably read everything I'd want to read in that time. Actually it'll probably take me a month just to figure out all the issues I'd need to read since like the end of Dark Reign with regards to Avenger stuff I was reading.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

76,595 now

a hundred

154k now.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

76,595 now

a hundred

154k now.

just shy of 180K

• Options
    So some very interesting details from Age of Ultron filming today:
    There is a flashback scene with Steve and Peggy in the 40s. Lots of extras in WWII military garb and a "ballroom setting".

Paul Bettany was also on set, although not necessarily filming, which further confirms his role as Vision since he would have no reason to be anywhere near the set otherwise like the other movies.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    shirts.jpg

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    shirts.jpg

WHERE

• Options
    I have an Iron Fist shirt but the logo is way too big and has a dumb shadow effect

so

uh

what site is that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.