Options

[MHR] Agents of SHIELD: Shadow War Ep: 1 Running with the Devil [CAP2 Spoilers]

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Still annoyed that he got turned down cold, Jimmy sighs and says, "Yeah, whatever. Hawkeye better be thankful for all the hoops we're jumping through for him."

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    "At least we'll be doing some good! I was worried those days would be over." Clifford glances back to Feng Wu and his thugs, noting the interest they took in the Agents' hushed conversation. "And besides, I have a feeling Feng Wu isn't letting us in on something important, and we'll be doing more good than we think. I'll, uh, let you guys in on that later. Do one of you want to let him know we're in?"

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    "Hey Feng," Jeanette called while stowing the listening devices. "We're in."

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "Good." Feng Wu's thug placed a black case on the table. "These explosives should serve well towards your goals. The meeting is happening in two hours. Don't be late."

The agents returned to the Kingfisher and explained what they agreed to do.

I'll post more tomorrow, you guys can move towards the Warehouse where the meeting is taking place. the Scene Distinctions for it will be Dark Warehouse and Docks. The warehouse is one of dozens no longer being used for their official purposes. There are few lights around and no people at first.

Feng Wu gave you the following item:

Feng Wu's Bombs d12
    SFX: Dangerous. Add a D6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back highest die in pool by –1. Step up Physical Stress inflicted by +1.
    Limit: Gear. Shutdown Feng Wu's Bombs and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

• Options
    Is it assumed that it's the same 3 people going, or since we stopped by the Kingfisher, should we do another headcount?

• Options
    Everyone can go or some could stay. It's up to you guys.

• Options
    JahSassypantsJahSassypants Registered User regular
    I'll come along this time.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    I'll come along this time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'll be going too.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Steel will also be going. It's always a good idea when starting a war to bring a ninja along.

• Options
    @Capfalcon is the last to voice if he's in or not. But I'm going to set it up while we wait for a reply.

The Warehouse is empty except a few old crates that might provide some cover in a firefight. There is a second floor catwalk with an office upstairs and steel beam rafters above it. Two bay doors on the ground floor, one for the street and one for the docks. The dock is a simple straight path with a ramp up to the warehouse. Sneaking to any boat might be difficult at best. The street in front of the warehouse is also empty and poorly lit. The watehousr across the street has a fire escape that could provide sniper support if anyone had a rifle. There isn't much time until the meeting to create a perfect ambush point but the team can get themselves into position before the gangs arrive.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I could get into a position up on the catwalk, using my Infared glasses to keep an eye on things through the floor

Or I could create a vehicle asset in the form of a getaway vehicle (unless of course a daring escape on the Kingfisher is the order of the day, something I would wholeheartedly approve of). Whatever you guys think is most useful.

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    "Well, planting those bombs would probably be a good first start. Something under the ramp, maybe? This isn't exactly my specialty."

"And, I'm assuming the plan is start a shootout and make sure we're the only ones who walk away? I mean, I don't think we're going to lose any sleep over HYDRA and the Triads."

• Options
    edited May 2014
    "I don't have any moral qualms with crossing off a few gang members and HYDRA. I would worry about police response to a shootout, though. I almost wonder if we shouldn't be sneakier about it. Not to mention that while the explosives would tip the odds, we would be outnumbered and, more than likely, outgunned. Especially if the weapons and drugs up for trade get put to use."

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    "What if we knock the power off and then set off the explosives? In the chaos we take out the remaining targets quickly and quietly. I can position myself above in the rafters and swoop down and eliminate a few with ease." Steel lets his words hang in the air a moment then ask a more important question.

"After we have done this favor what do we do with the weapons? I for one would not want to see then on Feng Wu's hands."

• Options
    "Well, if there's anything that isn't scrapped by the bombs, I think the obvious answer is we take them."

• Options
    "I'm glad you brought that up, Steel. The last thing I want is for Feng Wu and his group to get anything from this deal. I'd rather it go through than let that happen, especially if my suspicions are correct."

• Options
    "A shootout might go just fine for us if we got them to start killing each other. If only we knew some sort of imposter..."

• Options
    edited May 2014
    "That is what we call an excellent set up. But who would you be impersonating?"

jdarksun on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Clifford stopped and thought for a second, realizing that since he distrusted Feng Wu so much, why was he putting so much faith into his explosives. He decided to examine them more closely.
    Geth, roll 1d8;1d6;1d8;1d8 for Elementary My Dear Agent, Solo, Observational, and Combat.

I'll use the d6 as my effect dice.

Elementary My Dear Agent, Solo, Observational, and Combat:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The bombs are real and will work. The ones you have together could take out most of this building and set fires in the adjacent ones.

Some time tonight I'll start up the gangsters coming. You got until then to decide what to do with the bombs and where you are hiding.

Geth roll 1d8;3#1d6 for Explosive Knowledge

Explosive Knowledge:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]
    3#1d6 3 # 6 [1d6=6] 3 [1d6=3] 1 [1d6=1]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    "Guess we're working in the short term here, no time to find an disguise. I think we can still sour the deal if we make it seem like one crew shot first. I say we put the explosives up in the beams as a back up plan: just drop the roof down onto everybody after we clear out."
    I start to head up to the catwalk and try to shoot out a light to make a nice dark corner to hide in.

Geth roll 1d10;1d8;1d8;1d6 for Covert Master, Team, Rat Out of the Cage, Guns

So 14 with a d8 effect for "Make a dark corner..."

Covert Master, Team, Rat Out of the Cage, Guns:
    1d10 7 [1d10=7]
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

JahSassypants on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Satisfied that the explosives were the genuine article, Clifford nods. "Sounds like a solid plan to me. I'm going to go a few blocks over and try and...procure us a good getaway vehicle."
    Geth, roll 1d8;1d6;1d8;1d8 for Elementary my Dear Agent, Solo, Observational, Vehicle

So that's 15 with a d8 effect for "Find us a ride"

Elementary my Dear Agent, Solo, Observational, Vehicle:
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I messed that roll all up...
    Geth roll 1d8;3#1d8 for Riding Like You Stole It!

Riding Like You Stole It!:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]
    3#1d8 3 # 1 [1d8=1] 8 [1d8=8] 6 [1d8=6]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Agent Ware found a van not too far from the warehouse that would work if the agents had to haul something.
    Geth roll 1d8;3#1d6 for Rerolling

Rerolling:
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]
    3#1d6 3 # 4 [1d6=4] 6 [1d6=6] 1 [1d6=1]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    I'll activate that d6 opporitunity for one PP

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok, so you guys are placing the bombs in critical points in the building to cause it to drop on the gang meeting. Agent Hoshi is in the rafter beams above. Agent Marco is in a dark corner up in the catwalk. Agent Ware is in a getaway van. Everyone else is hiding in the maze of crates and warehouse machinery littering the place.

Agent Ware spots the Triad's cars from the dark spot he parked the getaway van. The three car ould blend in on American highways but in this part of China it's like the cars are Lamborghinis or Aston Martins. The owners are powerful, rich, and they want you to know they are untouchable. The rest of the group sees them moments later. At first no one leaves the cars then two armed men walk out and start to do sweeps around the buildings. After doing a complete circle around the warehouse, they move in to check the inside.

Now everyone but Ware needs to roll stealth checks against a 9 d4 effect.
    Geth roll 2#1d6;1d8 for Clearing the building.

Scene Distinctions: Dark Warehouse, Docks

@jdarksun‌- Agent Gagnon: 1PP
    @SirEtchwarts‌- Agent Ware: 1PP d8 Getaway Van
    @Capfalcon- Agent Ainworth: 3PP
    @Buddha73 Agent Hoshi: 1PP
    @JahSassypants‌ Agent Marco: 1PP d8 Dark Corner
    @dresdenphile‌ Agent Clarke: 1PP

Triad Thugs 2d6 Buddy

Clearing the building:
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 4 [1d6=4]
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Marco is used to huddling in small corners in an attempt to avoid discovery. When you're literally in a cage it doesn't really work, here it just might...
    Geth roll 1d8;1d6;1d8;1d10 for Rat out of the Cage, Shrink, Dark Corner, and Covert Master

I'll take a 13 w/ d8 effect, but whoops there's a 1...

Rat out of the Cage, Shrink, Dark Corner, and Covert Master:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]
    1d10 1 [1d10=1]

JahSassypants on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    /roll/190242]Hiding Unseen[/url]: 1d8 3 1d8 7 1d8 5

Buddha73 on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    For the first time since the world around Agent Steel had fell into chaos did he feel at ease again up here in the rafters. When he spotted the beams from the flashlights the Triad goons were holding he just slowed his breath and waited patiently for them to pass.
    Geth roll 3#1d8

3#1d8 3 # 5 [1d8=5] 1 [1d8=1] 8 [1d8=8]

Buddha73 on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Geth roll 1d10;1d4;1d8 for stealth (Team, Impulsive +1PP, and Covert Expert).

Looks like I'll take 11 with a d10 effect.

stealth:
    1d10 6 [1d10=6]
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Jimmy quickly stripped out of his street clothes until he was just wearing the invisibility suit. As he dialed up the transparancy, Jimmy felt some of the nervous energy that he'd come to associate with getting his hands dirty. Man, he missed the days when all he had to worry about was whether or not a sucker was going to take the bait.

And that's when the suit's dial started spitting sparks.
    Geth roll 1d8;1d10;1d8;1d4 for stealth (Team, Invisibility Suit, Covert and I'm a People Person +1 PP)

6 with a D8. And Invisibility Suit shuts down, giving me another PP. Wonderful.

stealth (Team, Invisibility Suit, Covert and I'm a People Person +1 PP):
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]
    1d10 1 [1d10=1]
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The oncoming Triads didn't worry Jeanette - she heard the car coming from a few blocks away - but as she carefully chose a spot where the newcomers would't be able to see her, she instead worried over the drugs that would be destroyed if she couldn't find a way to salvage some.
    Minion, roll 1d10;1d4;1d8;1d8 for Team/"Super" Obsessive (d4)/Enhanced Reflexes/Covert

+1PP for rolling at a d4
    13 /w d8 effect

Team/"Super" Obsessive (d4)/Enhanced Reflexes/Covert:
    1d10 8 [1d10=8]
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]

jdarksun on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Seeing the two men enter the warehouse, Agent Clifford decides now would be a good time to try and figure out what his team would be up against. He focused all of his attention on the three cars, putting his infared glasses on.
    Geth, roll 1d6;1d10;1d8 for Solo, Infared Glasses/Observational, and Psych

That'll be 13 with a d6 effect, with an attempt to get a feel for the enemy forces. Numbers, weapons, anything there might be on any particular individuals, etc

Solo, Infared Glasses/Observational, and Psych:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    1d10 8 [1d10=8]
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Actually, I think I messed that roll all up. I forgot to use a distinction, and according to the manual, being in a situation with a bunch of heroes over comm counts as a team action, so I need to reload my affiliation die, too. I'll just reroll the whole thing.
    Geth, roll 1d8;1d8;1d10;1d8 for Elementary My Dear Agent, Team, Observational/Infared Glasses, and Psych.

...well. I guess that'll be 7 with a d8 effect?

Elementary My Dear Agent, Team, Observational/Infared Glasses, and Psych:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]
    1d10 3 [1d10=3]
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Agent Ware can see shapes and heat from the cars, maybe 8-10 guys with assault rifles that seem normal? Hard to tell from this angle...

The invisible suit sparking cause the Thugs to rush to the source. There they find Agent Ainsworth still trying to fiddle with the thing. The thugs yell at him in Chinese and start waving their guns in his face.
    Bought every 1s rolled. Doom Pool is now, 1d10, 2d8, 2d6.

Rolled 12 with a D10 so your weapon check passes but your effect is a d4.

@jdarksun‌- Agent Gagnon: 2PP
    @SirEtchwarts‌- Agent Ware: 1PP d8 Getaway Van
    @Capfalcon- Agent Ainworth: 5PP Invisibility Suit shutdown
    @Buddha73 Agent Hoshi: 2PP
    @JahSassypants‌ Agent Marco: 2PP
    @dresdenphile‌ Agent Clarke: 2PP

Triad Thugs 2d6 Buddy

Geth roll 1#1d10;2#1d8;2#1d6 for Weapon Check

Weapon Check:
    1#1d10 1 # 4 [1d10=4]
    2#1d8 2 # 7 [1d8=7] 1 [1d8=1]
    2#1d6 2 # 5 [1d6=5] 2 [1d6=2]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's capfalcon/ Agent Ainsworth with the faulty suit, although I would LOVE one if he had a spare.

JahSassypants on
  • Options
    I also have 2 PP.

steam_sig.png