As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    The Sonic twitter account is fucking magical

That doesn't make me feel better.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Don't worry, it's not supposed to!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »

This is the complete version of the game?

No, that's a trailer.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Talith wrote: »
    I remember X because of the dashing, and Megaman because of the jump and shooting.
    I remember X because of the Hadoken

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    lol, sounds like the Inti Creates CEO wasn't happy with it either

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The entire dashing mechanic leaves me wholly unimpressed. Because I know what's going to happen. I'm going to constantly flub the mechanics of it and dash into enemies that won't die and get hit by them. Having to do it to bosses too seems doubly stupid, because the last place I want to be in a fight is 2 inches from the boss's face.

We'll see how it really plays out, but I don't have high hopes.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

For a CEO, much less a Japanese one, to publically call out a business partner like this? His is P-I-S-S-E-D.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Yeah uh...am I the only one that thinks this game looks really bad?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

No its been this ugly for a while now. UE4 strikes again

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

No, that's a trailer.

No, I mean, this was apparently based on actual final code.

I'm just really shocked.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z_y1mvkSF0

"For the record, we love anime fans..." Says the description.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    "Make the bad guys cry like Mighty No. 9 on trailer day" LOL

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

This has been a common criticism since media for the game was first revealed. The game looks like a first timer's foray into the Unreal Engine, and they've really made absolutely no effort to improve how the game looks since then.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z_y1mvkSF0

"For the record, we love anime fans..." Says the description.

Well he sold me on that game.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Oh wait, Deep Silver made that trailer? That kind of explains things a bit, it isn't the first time that their advertising has been laughably bad.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is that what D*** *il*** means? Is there a reason he censored that in the tweet?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    That trailer is bad, sure

But the worst thing about the trailer is how bad the game looks

Everything else is just shit icing on a shit cake

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

except that wasn't a prototype, it was a concept shot

I agree they heavily under delivered compared to that though.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Except the left wasn't a prototype, it was just concept art.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    The second image is from the prototype, so the joke is that the concept looks better than the prototype looks better than he shipping game.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    You know, that other example of their work makes me think they are purposely going for the controversial angle of advertising. You know, how bad attention is still considered attention? As should be obvious, because the entire internet has something to say about this trailer.

Of course, weather all the bad attention drives away customers or not is another thing entirely. The popular opinion is supposed to be even though people will be verbally outraged/annoyed/whatever, apparently most of them still buy the product.

Because if one thing is for sure, this thing is clearly spreading like wildfire. It basically made its own top meme overnight.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Honestly, I can forgive janky graphics and bad marketing. I really just care if the game is fun to play. I wonder how many reviewers are going to let things unrelated to gameplay color their review.

• Options
    Graphics are related to gameplay, and the overall quality of the title.

It doesn't need to be photorealistic, but lots of games manage to convey an interesting or attractive aesthetic with lower res assets. And given the option between two fun games where one of them is hideous and the other one looks good or even just decent, I'm going to choose the latter.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is that what D*** *il*** means? Is there a reason he censored that in the tweet?

He's Japanese is the reason
    For whatever (legal?) reason they're always censoring out the names of companies or properties when directly referenced in media

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    You know, that other example of their work makes me think they are purposely going for the controversial angle of advertising. You know, how bad attention is still considered attention? As should be obvious, because the entire internet has something to say about this trailer.

Problem is if it means immensely pissing off Aizu, it may be a gamble that backfires internally far more than any possible sales the intentional angle of "no publicity is bad publicity" could secure.

From his reaction, if that's the angle they're going for then they absolutely did not let Inti Creates in on the strategy before making this sort of gambit.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oh I think that they are really not good at it at all. But for the most part, anyone who chooses to use that tactic is pretty much really bad at marketing anyway.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Deep Silver being the force behind that trailer makes it seem less insane and more just, "oh those guys."

The demo played solid. Both when I tried it at SDCC and when they dropped 4 levels for the backers last fall.

TBH Inafune would have to kill my dog for me to hold him or M#9 in ill will.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    The 3 year development timeframe never really bothered me. And while that ad was terrible, I wouldn't forsake a game just because of it. But the gameplay in the ad just seemed so boring, and every space was like; featureless corridor with no out of bounds details and a blue palette, featureless corridor with no out of bounds details and a purple palette, featureless corridor with no out of bounds details and...

Seriously, could they have made the game look anymore dull and monotonous? Even 8-bit Mega Man games had more visually stimulating environments imho.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    TBH Inafune would have to kill my dog for me to hold him or M#9 in ill will.

This sounds like a dare to him

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Like, I am not a graphics tech junkie by any means. I was thrilled by Mega Man 9 & 10. But it has to look good for the style/tech it's using, it needs to be visually stimulating. If a game looks like ass or the visuals interfere with the gameplay (such as hard to read font in a text-heavy game) then it's a pretty serious problem.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Speaking of things looking horrible and not living up to expectations:

WTF is that design?!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    O_o

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

WTF is that design?!

Oh, my Mega kokoro hurts :(

• Options
    edited May 2016

WTF is that design?!

I have mixed feelings about the new suit; the helmet's forehead/crest is too busy and it looks like Mega Man EXE's suit plus tron lines, but it also kind of looks neat in a way. But the proportions and face seem... wrong somehow. Like, Beast Machines ugly. Still, maybe the final version will look good. I hadn't heard they were making a new tv series.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Is that the one where he goes to school?
    Didn't a comic exist with that story?
    And didn't that comic fail miserably with only four issues?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    I'd like to think somewhere Inafune is breathing a sigh of relief for this coming along to take the spotlight off that trailer...

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

WTF is that design?!

04-05.jpg

Better than Nintendo's last try.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    I think I'd prefer Pack a Day Smoker Mega Man to that polygonal weirdly proportioned nightmare

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Can someone point out the incorrect proportions? I'm not seeing what's wrong with that image (other than being too TRON-like).