[Game of Thrones] Happy International Picnic Day

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Inx wrote: »
    Why doesn't Daario have blue hair dammit

Because it's a weird detail that would actually look dumb on screen

Yeah, same reason Dany doesn't have purple eyes. Sounds cool in a book, on a screen though you'd just be like "Man, why is she wearing those contacts?"
    They actually tried the colored contacts but they looked a little weird and they were super fucking irritating for Emilia.

THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I thought old Daario fit the mold better than the current one, who is too generically bearded

Psh, that's his greatest trait:
    He's vaguely Benjen Stark-ish

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Gilly and Sam was some les mis type shit

I thought the vagabonds were all gonna start singing

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think the new Daario will do well, given time to fall into the role.

But I still prefer the old Daario. I mean look at this guy:

468px-Daario_Naharis.png

He looks like he walked out of a Steel Panther music video.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I don't think original Daario had the right level of... oiliness? I wanna say?

This new guy definitely has more of the con artist vibe to him, which is pretty key in my personal take on the character

• Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    I like both Daarios.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You would.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7S3kqsmlcI

Natalie Dormer was on Seth Meyers last night and apparently in the off-season she moonlights as Skrillex

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7S3kqsmlcI

Natalie Dormer was on Seth Meyers last night and apparently in the off-season she moonlights as Skrillex

That hit my weakspot for slightly odd women with shaved sides. Now if she only had more extensive earpiercings (although not studs or gauging) she would have hit my trifecta.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    natalie dormer is reminding me a lot of someone else but i can't think of who it is ahhhh

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Probably Margaery Tyrell

• Options
    possibly Anne Boleyn

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    natalie dormer is reminding me a lot of someone else but i can't think of who it is ahhhh

My future wife

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Bale's always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs Balefuego

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular

considering her track record, the reverse is probably true

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I don't think original Daario had the right level of... oiliness? I wanna say?

This new guy definitely has more of the con artist vibe to him, which is pretty key in my personal take on the character

yeah, I did think old daario had a good look and smug face (and also looked more alike in age to dany, as opposed to another older bearded man, though I guess the actors are actually about the same age)

but new daario has an oiliness that actually seems effective. Old daario has like a neon "I'm SEDUCING you m'lady" sign on his forehead

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Old daario has like a neon "I'm SEDUCING you m'lady" sign on his forehead

Which was a great stand-in for the blue beard.

• Options
    I love new daario

• Options
    He's going to produce my next hit country album

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Old daario has like a neon "I'm SEDUCING you m'lady" sign on his forehead

Which was a great stand-in for the blue beard.

it was an okay stand-in for the blue beard

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

I don't know what this means and trying to work it out is giving me a headache.

• Options
    Blue hair is dumb

• Options
    edited April 2014

it means that each of her husbands is increasingly unsuited for marriage to a woman

Bale must be into some weird shit

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Blue hair is dumb

I feel this was refuted well enough in the last thread with pictures of the sweet dye jobs of folks in--i think--India

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

Margery tyrell

• Options
    Oh yeah. I forgot we were talking about her. Me not brain so good today.

• Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

edit: didn't Old Daario get cast as the lead in a new Transporter film, and decided that would be better than Game of Thrones? That's what I thought happened.

That's what I heard... talk about wonky career decisions. I get the appeal of being in movies, but when you've got a spot in one of the most popular and well-funded TV shows around it seems like you'd wanna hold onto that.

Plus... the new Transporter? Come on guy.

• Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

it means that each of her husbands is increasingly unsuited for marriage to a woman

I'm into naming Ser Pounce to my small council.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

I'm into naming Ser Pounce to my small council.

The Lord Commander of the Kittensguard is traditionally a member of the small council anyway.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    matthias00 wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »

edit: didn't Old Daario get cast as the lead in a new Transporter film, and decided that would be better than Game of Thrones? That's what I thought happened.

That's what I heard... talk about wonky career decisions. I get the appeal of being in movies, but when you've got a spot in one of the most popular and well-funded TV shows around it seems like you'd wanna hold onto that.

Plus... the new Transporter? Come on guy.

Maybe he's hoping that he will be able to spin being the Transporter into a lucrative career like Jason Statham somehow did

Doesn't seem likely to me

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Dang Bale. Already scouting another wife when you proposed to someone in this thread already.

Cold.

• Options
    I believe my stance on Queen Boobs had already been made clear before I proposed to Cello.

She knew what she was getting into.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Your weakness for breasts will be your downfall.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular

Margaery's husbands keep dying

Although I'm realizing now that grammatically this doesn't make sense

Look I meant he'd die okay shut up god

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Psssh, you kids who have to look up actors in IMDB and can't just immediately recognize them even by voice alone oh god my life

Also Margaery was the blonde who smooched on Captain America in the first movie and made Hayley Atwell jealous.

• Options
    Mmmm

I would marry Hayley Atwell

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I really hope recent events don't mean Margaery is just gonna fade into the background now

She's great and genuinely wants to do some good things but will totally do some scheming to get there

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I really hope recent events don't mean Margaery is just gonna fade into the background now

She's great and genuinely wants to do some good things but will totally do some scheming to get there

these aren't really spoilers but just in case
    I am positive that they will not let her fade into the background, as she and cersei have a significant storyline in later books. I don't know how they're going to adapt it, but it is too tied to what goes on in the capitol for them to just cut it.

• Options

Margaery's husbands keep dying

Although I'm realizing now that grammatically this doesn't make sense

Look I meant he'd die okay shut up god

Dongs it's okay, you don't need to call me God except on formal occasions

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    At least Daario still has the naked lady swords.

Though the hilts in this season aren't quite extravagantly gold as I had pictured in the books.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What the fuck is going on on here?

This discussion has been closed.