Options

Spring [chat]

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Yes please deface all luxury cars on the street this will definitely not have any side effects like having even more affordable housing demolished to create secure private parking. Or increasing insurance premiums for every single person in the area, rich (who can afford it) or poor (who cannot).

I really hate it when people don't think of the long-term repercussions of their actions because they think they are "sticking it to" the bad actors.

It fucks with everyone, and not in a good way.

edit: I mean, if you want to revolt against the rich, commit to it and don't do half-assed stuff that makes everyones lives either impossibly hard or mildly inconvenienced, depending on income level.

guillotines or I feed

cough eich cough

no member of my family has ever been guillotined

we are so beneficent...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    what stupendous cunts

0.jpg
    across the bay however they have this

ok now that's funny

We'd move Beetles into places you couldn't pull out of. That was always fun.

I've heard it's a thing in europeland to throw them into canals and such

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    whale meat is kinda good

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Cinders wrote: »
    i had not seen that desc is a fellow brother in the order of the thumb

bless you

i will 100% end up that way if my father is anything to go by

Isn't hair from the X chromosome

father and both grandfathers

Pretty sure it is a bit more complex than simple inheritance.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    mya if you are editing out all the parts where you sang over the performances with your drunken sorority girl screaming, we're gonna have like, 4 seconds of footage total.

hahahha... yeahhhhhh. I guess I'll leave some of that in, sorry guys for the sorority girl screaming

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    i had not seen that desc is a fellow brother in the order of the thumb

bless you

i will 100% end up that way if my father is anything to go by

Isn't hair from the X chromosome

father and both grandfathers

Pretty sure it is a bit more complex than simple inheritance.

sure it is, but so is almost everything

the only simple element of it is variability in the androgen receptor gene

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    just had someone call Buffalo Wild Wings "BW3" I was like

....wut?

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

Uh...okay then.

Next episode.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

Not particularly surprising. The issue has been a huge one there for reasons there and lobbying is one reason

This will be a small group of bought-and-paid-for lobbypuppets, and some xenophobes who'll do the opposite of whatever foreign people say.

Hardly anyone actually eats whale meat, and most people know the cultural heritage angle is bullshit. It's not even in the stores in my town.

Just crappy journalists reporting on lobbypuppets.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    whale meat is kinda good

Right that is it, Norway, meat is murder

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    I am depressing myself trying to work out whether there are more lobbypuppets or kneejerk xenophobes in the current government.

I can't decide.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Yes please deface all luxury cars on the street this will definitely not have any side effects like having even more affordable housing demolished to create secure private parking. Or increasing insurance premiums for every single person in the area, rich (who can afford it) or poor (who cannot).

I really hate it when people don't think of the long-term repercussions of their actions because they think they are "sticking it to" the bad actors.

edit: I mean, if you want to revolt against the rich, commit to it and don't do half-assed stuff that makes everyones lives either impossibly hard or mildly inconvenienced, depending on income level.

guillotines or I feed

cough eich cough

we are so beneficent...

huh, I would have guessed that you'd be descended from Charles I in some way.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i have been in gruesome neck/jaw pain for like 3 days now

i think i have been grinding my teeth in my sleep

this is pretty intolerable tho i guess i will go buy a mouth guard tonight

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

guillotines or I feed

cough eich cough

we are so beneficent...

huh, I would have guessed that you'd be descended from Charles I in some way.

he got axed i fink

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    poshniallo wrote: »
    I am depressing myself trying to work out whether there are more lobbypuppets or kneejerk xenophobes in the current government.

I can't decide.

Doesn't matter really. Lobbying is lobbying. Actual for reals support is irrelevant

• Options
    Fuck me that was a brutal boss battle

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Both antidepressants I have been on caused my jaw muscles to clench up all the time unless I was really concentrating on relaxing them. Apparently that is a fairly common side effect. I recently got an additional med that helps with the jaw clenching.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

brilliant way of demonstrating

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have thought Japanese whaling is much of a surprise to anyone who cares now. Especially NZ or Australia. In NZ especially, like nuclear weapons, it is an article of faith to be against, it is a topic of national interest.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

are you sure its that and not the wandering around with your townie gang getting into townie fights over apples every night?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Nothing makes me doubt democracy more than the comments on a congressperson's Facebook page.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Had chipotle for dinner. Waiting to go meet possible future roommates.

Also went to the gym earlier. That was good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    ooops. fix :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_M0YCc4174

I grind my teeth. yay mouth guards.

• Options
    altho it is worth noting the guillotine is really a yorkshire invention and cromwell actually banned it because he was a pensi

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    also beef satay burgers fucking own seriously such a great combo

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Nothing makes me doubt democracy more than the comments on a congressperson's Facebook page.
    * Vimes had once discussed the Ephebian idea of ‘democracy’ with Carrot, and had been rather interested in the idea that everyone† had a vote until he found out that while he, Vimes, would have a vote, there was no way in the rules that anyone could prevent Nobby Nobbs from having one as well. Vimes could see the flaw there straight away.

† Apart from the women, children, slaves, idiots and people who weren’t really our kind of people.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

I can't decide.

Doesn't matter really. Lobbying is lobbying. Actual for reals support is irrelevant

There is vanishingly little real support.

I went around my large and multi-generation family, asking if they knew anyone who are whale meat, and even my conservative mother-in-law said it was rubbish, just lobbyists, and she hasn't eaten it since after the war, when people were starving.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Had chipotle for dinner. Waiting to go meet possible future roommates.

and blast them away with farts

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

I can't decide.

I went around my large and multi-generation family, asking if they knew anyone who are whale meat, and even my conservative mother-in-law said it was rubbish, just lobbyists, and she hasn't eaten it since after the war, when people were starving.

this is the downside of longstanding entrenchment in power: lobbyists are phenomenally effective in getting what they want

on the other hand, the upside is that if a green lobbyist digs their way in, the handful of whatever village that still depends on whaling can all go screw themselves

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

I can't decide.

I've never met a Japanese person who was in favour either.

Mos people seem to know Japan has its own political dynamic and so odd things happen.

• Options
    holy shit PAX looks like such a blast!

Although I wonder with 3 PAX's now if its all going to be split up now.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    maybe I'm just dense, but it was only during a recent re-reading of "Feet Of Clay" that I noticed:
    When Vimes looks in the patricians diary and finds that illustration of the giant made of thousands of tiny people he was describing the cover of the first printing of Hobbes' Leviathan.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014

the Fuckwad Theory states that Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad, to quote it exactly

the flaw is that, of course, normal persons far outnumber audiences. The fraction who get an audience are not random representatives of normality. So there is a closely-related theory that states:

Abnormal Person + Audience = Total Fuckwad

which, in the presence of a truly open mic, may be reduced to

Person + Audience = Total Fuckwad

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Finished Madoka last night.

So, if any of you have friends, like me, who nag you constantly to watch it, just save yourself some time and don't. Bleh.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    maybe I'm just dense, but it was only during a recent re-reading of "Feet Of Clay" that I noticed:
    When Vimes looks in the patricians diary and finds that illustration of the giant made of thousands of tiny people he was describing the cover of the first printing of Hobbes' Leviathan.

There's so many little references lie that in the Discworld books

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

The timing of PAX San Antonio makes it really really hard to take time off, at least for me. Beginning of the year, right after Christmas/New Years shutdown at my company, very busy schedule already. My job would get p mad if I took off 2 weeks, then waited 2 weeks, then took off a bunch of time again.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

cum and giev me a huuug

55hobbesleviathansmall.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I give no fucks, PAX East 4 evah

This discussion has been closed.