As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Denizen Phalla 2: Is that a whale, or are you just happy to redvote?

AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspectiveWatching the ego workRegistered User regular
edited April 2014 in Critical Failures
Denizen Phalla 2!
whale_zps259968e4.jpg

The sailors on the cold waters of the Purple Sea fear no creature more than Autarkis, the Emperor Leviathan. This colossal beast is of such enormous size that its prey can aptly be described as "whatever it wants." It is of venerable age, appearing in the legends of the mighty sage Hieronymus and the whispered records of the Empire of Al'Jilaash. Many sages believe it may be the oldest living creature, other than dragons, to inhabit our world. While not the only member of its species, others of its kind are rare indeed and all, so far as is known, respect the entire Purple Sea as its territory.

You are sahuagin, infamously known as the Devil-Men of the Deep. You have formed a community within the gullet of this mighty beast and travel with it, raiding the land when the mighty beast surfaces for air and retreating to within its bowels with your loot. Alas, in its most recent feeding Autarkis ingested one of the few creatures that pose it any danger: a Tyrant Whelk. This creature's squamous body and cyclopean shell make it resilient enough to endure the interior of the whale as it bores its way towards its liver, there to secrete a mysterious fluid which will induce the whale to forsake the air and, eventually, drown. Sahuagin are not adapted to the crushing pressures and bitter cold of the abyssal sea, and thus you must unite to defend your endangered home from the Whelk and other, darker forces which may seek to aid it.

What?
This is a Phalla, which is the local version of the party game Mafia. A general explanation can be found here.

Standard Phalla Rules
You must vote each day. Vote in !bold red for someone you think is a bad guy. The winner of the vote will be eliminated every night, plus see below.

Do not directly quote anything from PM conversations, or take screenshots of same. It is okay to paraphrase role PMs however.

Do not add other players to PM conversations.

Do not anonymously contact anyone. I don't need to be included in every message you guys send, but it'd be appreciated if you added myself and Gizzy to PMs involving actions you're planning to take if multiple players are concocting some sort of complicated plan. Make sure you invite the both of us to any proboards you might form.

When you die you may make one ghost post which cannot contain any game information whatsoever. After that please do not discuss the game with anyone still alive.

Ask for clarifications in !bold darkorange, or PM if you'd rather ask something privately.

Signup in !bold limegreen.

Villager PM and Rules Particular To This Phalla:
Sahaugin_by_VegasMike_zps549924b5.jpg

Villager Role:
Sahuagin Warrior

You are a Sahuagin Warrior. You and your school have formed a community within the innards of the creature known to surface-dwellers as Autarkis, the Emperor Leviathan: a gigantic whale that roams the waters of the Purple Sea preying on lesser beasts. Unfortunately for Autarkis, it has managed to ingest the one creature known to threaten its kind: the Tyrant Whelk. You must defeat the Whelk before it kills the whale.

The vast quantities of things Autarkis has ingested over the years have filled it with various artifacts and treasures. As a result, you can devote your time to searching for useful items or attempting to kill the Whelk before it reaches its goal. Each night, you may choose to Fight, Search, or Use an item. If voted out, you will confront the Whelk and be killed, doing 2 damage to it before expiring.

You win the game if the mafia is eliminated or the Whelk defeated by the conclusion of Day 7.

1. This game will end automatically at the conclusion of Day 7, if not before. Both the village and the mafia may pursue their standard win-conditions, but the game can also be decided by the status of the Tyrant Whelk at the end of Day 7.

2. The Tyrant Whelk has a number of hp dependent on the number of players. Each player, when killed by the vote, will do a certain amount of damage to the Whelk. The Whelk is also damaged by the Fight action; damage is dependent on the total number of people fighting each night and the effects of some of the items available by Searching. If nobody fights the Whelk on a given night, it will take no damage.

3. Players should respond to their role PM by clearly indicating a character name of their choice. If you don't pick your own name, Gizzy will name your character. Character names will be used to refer to players during narration, and some abilities may interact with them.

Vote Close will be at 9:30 PM Eastern to give me a fighting chance of writing narrations before I go to work.

It has been previously remarked that I am an unusually chatty Phalla host and my responses to clarification requests are idiosyncratic. That will continue to be the case.

Gizzy will be assisting me in running this phalla and will answer such clarifications as she deems fit, if any, because I am asleep most of the day.

Additional stuff, such as globally-relevant clarifications, may appear here or below!

Auralynx on

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Sign-Up List, etc.

1. The Anonymous
    2. Grunt's Ghosts
    3. Invictus
    4. jdarksun
    5. kime
    6. Phyphor
    7. premium
    8. MikeyCTS
    9. Megafrost
    10. Buddha73
    11. vertroue
    12. schuss
    13. SlyM
    14. TheRoadVirus
    15. enlightenedbum
    16. Arasaki
    17. discrider
    18. Lucedes
    19. Bliss 101
    20. Preda
    21. JPants
    22. Egos
    23. CesareB
    24. Ardor
    25. Assuran
    26. Nion
    27. Shalmelo

Reserve: Cythraul

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    OP needs more HYDRA

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Sign me up, and, as is traditional at this point, I want Gizzy to choose my name.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    rawr

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Hail Hydro?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Welcome back, Phalla!

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Yo.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    The ice age cometh.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    It's been awhile. I'm in.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    meeeee

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Can I still vote Auralynx every day?

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to do one of these in a while

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Gonna have to write two extra-awful roles for schuss and premium, brb.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I CALLED FIRST PLACE!

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I just hope TRV's posting lives up to that avatar.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Sure

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    I just hope TRV's posting lives up to that avatar.
    Explosive and nonsensical without context?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    No, seizure inducing flashing of glorious stupidity. Both in avatar and posting forms.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Why not both?

• Options
    No, seizure inducing flashing of glorious stupidity. Both in avatar and posting forms.

My avatar may well be the least siezure inducing segment of anime ever.
    Posting, on the other hand.... touche

• Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    !signup

It has been a while, be gentle.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    !signup

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    !i wanna be the whale

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Sing me up!

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    All right, that's 20. As previously stated, I wrote this for 30. We've got all weekend, though.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Didn't see the link on Phalla thread, but I want in! (gizzy choose the name)

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
  • Options
    What's this gizzy name choosing?

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    So glad I didn't miss sign ups!

sign me up!

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

kime must be rubbing off on you. Read the OP.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I don't recall that rule being there.
    Mainly because A player's vote death normally does damage to the Whelk. Is this the case when no-one attacks the Whelk that day?

...Also, how long can our names be? Do names have to be unique? Can we all be called "The host"?

discrider on
  • Options
    1. The vote and the Fight action are two separate sources of damage.
    2. Anything inordinately long, obnoxious, or identical with someone else's name is going to be changed to something selected by Gizzy. No, I won't define inordinate.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so we are deep ones who got eaten by Dagon?

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    You didn't @ me Gizzy. Don't you love me anymore?

CesareB on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Erin The Red on
  • Options
    CesareB wrote: »
    You didn't @ me Gizzy. Don't you love me anymore?

I think I assumed you signed up!

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

I have a tendency to pick girly names that don't fit the theme. It's supposed to encourage you to pick your own name! haha