As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Denizen Phalla 2: Is that a whale, or are you just happy to redvote?

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

Gizzy wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    What's this gizzy name choosing?

I have a tendency to pick girly names that don't fit the theme. It's supposed to encourage you to pick your own name! haha

You're choosing my name.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Lady Glitrshitz Snugglecakes, first duchess of puppyshire

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Man I'd live in puppyshire

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

I have a tendency to pick girly names that don't fit the theme. It's supposed to encourage you to pick your own name! haha

True, but if you guys end up with a bunch of adorable names on your angry little fish-men, I'm completely all right with it.

I'm not in a big hurry, so I'm fine with waiting to see if we can scare up a few more people unless you guys are raring to go.

• Options
    Princess Scarlett Barbie Pie the Bloodthirsty can wait.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm thinking all names will be based on the My Little Pony show which will upset me.

We need HYDRA names.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular

Daisy Gillian

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gizzy can pick my name.
    Because at the moment, I'm thinking that the names "I" and "the Whelk" would both be huge tells, as much as the latter would get me day 1ed accidentally.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    TRV I love that song. Nobody vote for TRV, he's a tastemaker.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

I have had a ton of fun twice in the past having Gizzy pick my name after I forgot to do so, so I figured I would just make explicit my desire to see that pattern continue.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Hmm.
    All this talk of names makes me wonder how incredibly painful a Phalla would be (named Hu died?) where every player must vote and only receives results via PM of the previous day's killings via a randomised list of names.
    So every player is referred to differently by each other player.
    Might have to put some limitations on it for it to be playable though. Like every player has a different name for any one player, and every player receives a list of or a count of votes for them the previous night.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Going to give it 'til the start of my day tonight, around 9 E, and then start seeding roles out and such.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, I actually have to !Withdraw

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    YOURE DOING IT WRONG MR T

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I will be out most day 1, but I suppose that is acceptable. (Go Jackets!)

Schedule is much better after day 1.

• Options
    NionNion Registered User regular
    !sign up

• Options
    Good timing, Nion, I was about to start sending out role PMs.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I haven't Phalla'd in a while, this sounds fun.

Let's get wet.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    At this point, I'll honor any more sign-ups that beat my Day 1 narration in (hi, shalmelo!) with the understanding that I'm adding a member to the mafia once you're all in, and re-seeded them after Nion signed up.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Day 1

It was an ordinary day within Autarkis. The creature had recently surfaced to breathe and your tribe took the opportunity to raid a small trading vessel sailing nearby, easily dispatching the pathetic land-creatures and returning with their loot before the whale retreated to the depths to feed. Time passed and, after you were once again ensconced in your various lairs and hiding-holes within the immense bulk of the cetecean monstrosity, signs that the whale had begun to feed began to rumble throughout its cavernous interior.

Amidst the usual influx of oarfish, freezing water, and less-identifiable chunks of flesh and kelp was an oddity: a large, spiny purple shell. Typically bivalves and snails are beneath the notice of the mighty Autarkis - as well as in areas where it does not care to feed. A strange noise was heard to emanate from the shell by those of you assigned to scavenge within the whale's first of many stomachs...

snes-finalfantasyvi-boss-whelk-snes-1947521990.jpg
    Gruuuuu

... as the creature emerged and retreated with surprising rapidity into the morass of debris and offal. Initially, the searchers thought nothing of this, but upon reporting back with their spoils, a wizened elder of the tribe identified the creature as a Tyrant Whelk!

The Whelk must be defeated to ensure your safety!

Game Stuff
    Whelk HP: 32 / 32

Please refrain from initiating PMs for another few minutes while I seed out the last couple of roles and send everyone a villager PM.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    If you don't have a PM yet, you're a villager (and will shortly)

Vote closes at 9:30 EST tomorrow. Get crackin'. Reply to your role PM, once it arrives, with your choice of name.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Guys I am a chainsword jellyfish. What does the color gray imply?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    So obviously either the fight action won't do much damage or there is some crazy healing going on

• Options
    Alright guys, let's do this like we have a porpoise.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    So obviously either the fight action won't do much damage or there is some crazy healing going on
    If it's like the last one of these, iirc, damage is based off of something like Fight Value/x, with items potentially increasing someone's fight value. Non vanilla gets May also have increased fight value.

That Phalla was different thematically though so I'm sure things are at least slightly different.

We probably need people doing both searching and fighting each night.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    jdarksun.

also, the color gray implies you are the most evil. or neutral. not sure which.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Lucedes!

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    vertroue

obi-wan-mind-trick.jpg

• Options
    Vertroue on account of I'm hoping she drops a light sabre.

• Options
    My vote will OF COURSE go to Preda*
    * no reason at all

• Options
    I don't think I have any grudges for a day 1 vote. It's also been a long time since I've played in a game I suppose.

Well, here are my choices I think:

1) vertroue for being the most passive player of those who lived the longest in my previous game.
    2) TheRoadVirus for dumping the boat in my previous game
    3) Egos for dumping the boat in my previous game

I'll think about this. After all, I want to ensure whoever we vote removes the most whelk hp!

• Options
    Ebum[/continue] to continue the Ohio/Michigan feud.

Also, I'm not going to be around much at all today due to work and the Blue Jackets game. Don't kill me please. I'll be around more tomorrow.

Or, kill me and face a grudge, whatevs.

• Options
    Fail.

• Options
    Ebum. so it is official.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Egos knows what he did

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    I don't think I have any grudges for a day 1 vote. It's also been a long time since I've played in a game I suppose.

1) vertroue for being the most passive player of those who lived the longest in my previous game.

I'll think about this. After all, I want to ensure whoever we vote removes the most whelk hp!

You can't vote against me for strategery!

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    schuss for great vengeance! I still remember, jerk.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Ardor wrote: »

You can't vote against me for strategery!

That's what you think!

!TheRoadVirus, go get that Whelk!