As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any plans for Strip Search, season 2?

Product PlacementProduct Placement Registered User regular
Sorry in advance if questions of this scale are not welcome here but since you can't create a new thread in the Strip Search category, I wasn't sure where else I could lay down this question.

I was curious if anyone had heard about any plans to do a second season of Strip Search, seeing as I quite enjoyed the first one. Also, I know a person who might be interested in applying as a competitor and would like to be able to give her a heads up.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Applications for the first season were announced months in advance of the show's air date even being announced, your friend won't need a heads up.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    IIRC the only things said so far about season 2 are: 1) buy the DVD 2) the challenges and format would likely be different and 3) buy the DVD.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    just to make sure I haven't been living under a rock...there isn't actually a dvd out of the first season, is there?

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    End wrote: »
    just to make sure I haven't been living under a rock...there isn't actually a dvd out of the first season, is there?

I thought there was but there isn't, looking at the store.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

I could've sworn there was, because I think(?) Khoo said at some point a Season 2 depended heavily on how well the DVDs sold.

I guess maybe they were hypothetical DVDs?

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm pretty sure you're right about him saying it was one of the things that a Season 2 would depend on, but it wasn't too long after Season 1 ended when he said it

He also said to expect it around Christmas, but HO HUM

End on
  • Options
    I don't have a degree in businessology or anything but I'm pretty sure you can't sell a product if you don't have it for sale.

• Options
    that's just what the businessology wizards want you to believe

• Options
    that's just what the businessology wizards want you to believe

Sorry, correction: Without it being what is called in the industry parlance a "scam".

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

Mike, Jerry and Kiko said that they're still in the works during their Q&A at PAX East.

If I remember right, they said that the master discs are done, and now they need to get them copied/mass-produced.

Volume of content was also cited; apparently there's a lot of extra footage being stuffed into the DVDs.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's gonna be at my place

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg