As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

webcomics are bad....... [nsf56k]

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    realist189EN.jpg

This comic gives me a lot of complicated feelings

Makes me pretty melancholy

I mean this guy's a genius, nobody else in comics does that to me as consistently

But man, his shit is always so heavy even when it looks light

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Homestuck is why the terrorists hate us

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Speaking of Homestuck...

e701a64a5c955cf178c4b49fdcfa7c85c6663a36.png

Paradox Space

Why did I think of the Thran in MTG while reading this
    I guess it's time for bed

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I see a lot of PT Cruisers with mods
    But a lot of questionable to bad bondo mods
    I know Maaco is not far from where I live but still you have no excuse for what you did

the only "modification" i've seen on a PT Cruiser was wood paneling

this was when I was super deep into nba street vol. 2 so somewhere there is a gamecube memory card with a character named "woody cruiser" on it

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT

@Kochikens‌

KNIGHTS ERRANT IS SO GOOD

(do they kiss? i sure hope so.)

Kochi you like good comics. You and me, we're like comic-pals.

just you keep readin, @Metzger Meister‌ Knights errant is a relaunch of a webcomic that the artist did before. it's really good. It's super fucking good.

also yeah wyborn the realist fucking owns. His art is amazing, and so is his brothers.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I see a lot of PT Cruisers with mods
    But a lot of questionable to bad bondo mods
    I know Maaco is not far from where I live but still you have no excuse for what you did

the only "modification" i've seen on a PT Cruiser was wood paneling

this was when I was super deep into nba street vol. 2 so somewhere there is a gamecube memory card with a character named "woody cruiser" on it

wood paneling was something you could buy straight from the dealer

its the only real PT cruiser

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    7TYL7X97IT.jpg

More Dawngate Chronicles. Also was not aware Kindra and Raina were buddies. Well I guess you have to have the shy, determined one and the mass murdering sexual deviant as best buds?
    Also is it a spoiler that Kindra's not dead if literally anyone that's played the game knows otherwise?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT

@Kochikens‌

just you keep readin, @Metzger Meister‌ Knights errant is a relaunch of a webcomic that the artist did before. it's really good. It's super fucking good.

also yeah wyborn the realist fucking owns. His art is amazing, and so is his brothers.

for those who might be interested in some more of his art, there are several additional webcomics he has done that have not been translated into english. they can be found on his facebook page

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT

@Kochikens‌

dude has a brother who is also in art????

hook

me

up

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I've always been partial to the "interpretation" that the cast of QC are actually the people left behind after the Singularity.

Hipsters died, the days grew cold
    A fairtrade coffee ground could buy a bag of gold
    I wish we'd all been ready

There's no time to change your mind, the software's come, and you've been left behiiiiiind

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    2014-06-09-coffin-final.png

Hillllllarious webcomix u guyz

• Options
    monashfinal.png

• Options
    as a robust moba player; lemme just tell you flatout that dawngate is among the worst mobas out there

the animations are unfluid, the itemization is bland and unimaginative, the character design is about as bland as can be, and i'm just gonna come right out and say that the entire experience of playing dawngate left me sour on mobas as a whole.

that being said, if anyones got a heros of the storm beta key...

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    ...he asked the wecomic thread?

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    as a robust moba player; lemme just tell you flatout that dawngate is among the worst mobas out there

the animations are unfluid, the itemization is bland and unimaginative, the character design is about as bland as can be, and i'm just gonna come right out and say that the entire experience of playing dawngate left me sour on mobas as a whole.

that being said, if anyones got a heros of the storm beta key...

Psh, Dwangate's fuckin awesome thank you very much.

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    7bf8b38b5eb1264ed8e4e409fb42ff7d.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Everyone's going on hiatus!

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    q
    imdointhis wrote: »
    2014-06-09-coffin-final.png

Hillllllarious webcomix u guyz

No shitposting.

And besides, the polite method of disposing of one's youth is by paying off a mortgage.

Unless you, ah, misspent your youth, but then there's no accounting for fools.

</huge prick>
    *puts up "I am being snooty for comedic effect, please don't hate me" sign*

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_n6wkyuK0Wq1r7ni1io1_1280.jpg

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Broodhollow!

VNkn0DD.jpg

I honestly wouldn't feel too bad if the shrink bit it.

• Options
    algeyaalgeya Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    4fxeivx.png

QC is exploring something about robots.

http://www.questionablecontent.net

Shouldnt you should hire the people you like in your small business?
    Since robots in qc have a terrible fashion sense or dont care to wear clothes , totally made sense they could not give good fashion advice,

Also people since ancient times get mad If they got replaced by machines(See metrópolis and astroboy)

Also If she is mad at humanity she just should find other 6 robots and try to conquer the world

• Options
    why do robots need regular people jobs even

she's a program she could just get a job as a calculator or something

or just trade stocks or something

• Options
    it's actually kind of an asshole thing for massively overqualified synthetic intelligences with limited need for money to try to seek the same menial jobs meatlings need just to buy food

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    why do robots need regular people jobs even

she's a program she could just get a job as a calculator or something

or just trade stocks or something

Yeah, given what happened when she was last let loose inside the financial system (she just got out of jail for embezzlement) they aren't about to let her back in like that. Plus I guess she figured being a toaster wasn't much fun.

Hey, she could join the Air Force and work her way up from drone to that fighter she wanted maybe?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    the real tragedy (and triumph) depicted in QC is that we have created artificial intelligences that accept capitalism unquestioningly. That in fact seem to buy into most western social constructs in a very natural manner. That must have been one hell of an emergent phenomena, the day the first AI was born.

Or maybe they just kill off any that seem too 'weird'. Again, it's what QC doesn't tell you that hints at the dystopia behind it all.

• Options
    Video game npc best job ever,

Im Error

• Options
    it's almost as if JJ didn't think through this at all before introducing robot characters or giving them some sort of civil-rights-esque struggle

• Options
    Hey man you leave JJ alone

he's just trucking along with his comic

he aint harming nobody

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Its Fun because he gives the robots the same mundane life that the hipsters meatbags have in the comic

algeya on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I was always of the opinion that the complexity of true AI would slow down the mental processes of normal robots to near that of human intelligence, and it would take time (technological evolution) for them to begin to exceed humans

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    Hey man you leave JJ alone

he's just trucking along with his comic

he aint harming nobody

I really don't even mind JJ

he seems like a nice enough guy

that doesn't make this story/world choice any less dumb though

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    2014-06-09-OHS%20201%20WEB.jpg

O Human Star is a comic with robots in it. It has had a bit of sex in it at one point.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Out of curiousity, can someone name a work of fiction that doesn't make AI into "basically human but with quirks"?

I can name a bunch that are pretty lazy with the concept of AI, but I can't think offhand of any writer that really thinks about how alien such a mind would be. No wait, I can think of one - the AI in Avogadro Corp.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    1511.jpg

"Nayko, please put down that sandpaper, you're making me nervous..."

Judecca is a comic about certain people never having really seen a bath before and not really knowing what to do with themselves. Also has had nudity and sex in it before.

• Options
    Brolo as webcomics bully confirmed

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I don't really care for the comic that much. Actually not really at all, except for the occasional high points.

But I find some of this vitriol directed towards JJ the dude to be super over the top and borderline inappropriate?

Like seriously this thread gets super bent out of shape in disgust when people get personal about a cartoonist we like. Quite rightly, usually!

But when it's a guy who draws a mostly inoffensive and mostly boring comic, for some reason we're cool with just using that as a sweeping condemnation of everything about the guy or something.

It can make the thread real unpleasantly nasty, and it doesn't need to be like that? Like we don't need to be nasty to critique a work, it's unnecessary.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, can someone name a work of fiction that doesn't make AI into "basically human but with quirks"?

I can name a bunch that are pretty lazy with the concept of AI, but I can't think offhand of any writer that really thinks about how alien such a mind would be. No wait, I can think of one - the AI in Avogadro Corp.

Go watch Her.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I was always of the opinion that the complexity of true AI would slow down the mental processes of normal robots to near that of human intelligence, and it would take time (technological evolution) for them to begin to exceed humans

They've mentioned a few times that the robots can calculate crazy fast but don't really think faster than people because of all the AI stuff.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Starting to understand why JJ would stab his hand

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Hey, so KC Green and Anthony Clark are starting a webcomic together. It's called Black and while there isn't much beyond a few bits of art yet, it's a western fantasy story about the end of the world.

tumblr_n6wsslyZRP1qzjum8o4_500.png

This discussion has been closed.