Options

Hello [Fallout thread], this is John Henry Eden and you're listening to Enclave Radio

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    How long ago was that? I've only used it for a month or two, but what it does it does extremely well - not least by making every single mod installation reversible simply by unticking a box.

Edit: Following that "Fear and Loathing..." guide to set it up is definitely worthwhile. My first reaction to the MO was pretty much WTF?!, until it was set up and working properly. At that point it became a modding godsend.
    Right now, where it refuses to even look at anything related to the nexus.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    That is very weird. Since for me it just worked automatically (and I'm not at home currently), I can't really tell you how that could be resolved. I guess you've checked the preferences'n'all, right? I'm probably not telling you anything useful here, but if you haven't already check out the guide starting from here:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Installing_Mod_Organizer

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Okay. I did eventually get it working. It was a weird issue involving chrome, and chrome wasn't closing all the way to allow the workaround to be a thing. spent so much time trying to solve that that I gotta leave soon though.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that it was such a hassle, but I'm glad you got it to work. Crossing my fingers it'll keep working, because when it works it's by far the best utility of its kind that I've ever used.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    My current TTW playthrough has been rock solid. There's been a few crashes, but that may be because of all the mods I have. I currently have about 80 plugins. I do have Nevada Skies, and I did not have the Citadel/Pentagon problem. I've heard of the problem, my friend went through the problem, but no problems in my game. I believe Nevada Skies fixed its issue. You may need to consult the TTW forums, as I don't remember if there was a Nevada Skies download there, or if I got it from the nexus.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Is TTW ok stability wise? I'm tempted to give it another shot. Those TTW shots look amazing. I've never really tried using an ENB. I should get on that.

ENB is gpu intensive. I've only applied it since getting a new card(R9 280x gifted to me). I was running a Radeon HD 5770 before. I could not play the game at all with ENB.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    How much of a headache is it to install TTW, and do you have to start a new New Vegas save to do it.

cause the prospect of super early game power armor training via operation anchorage would be delightful for my new vegas character.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    If super-early is all you want, you could player.addperk it.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »

I'm not a filthy cheater!

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    How much of a headache is it to install TTW, and do you have to start a new New Vegas save to do it.

cause the prospect of super early game power armor training via operation anchorage would be delightful for my new vegas character.

It's been awhile since I did it, but if you've been modding Fallout/TES games for awhile now you probably won't have any issues. I know there is a nice step-by-step guide out there. I just followed that.

On a related note, TTW is easily one of the more amazing mods I've played with.

Although I was also a fan of the mod that did the same thing for Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 so maybe I'm a sucker for things that let me play two games at once? :razz:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    PLA wrote: »

I'm not a filthy cheater!

Oh, OK. Then mod an NPC into Goodsprings with nothing better to do than selling squirrel-bits and teaching people power-armour.

• Options

@Buttcleft

It's not much of a headache at all, it just takes time. You have to install both FO3 GOTY and New Vegas Ultimate Edition(only steam copies supported per their documentation). You download the TTW installer, run it, and it will convert your FO3 modules for use for TTW. This conversion may take a while. Then you can take the converted modules and install them via a Mod Manager(Nexus Mod Manager will error out installing this, but it will still run fine) and you're done. You can also install some of the TTW optional files at this point. If you don't want to edit your new vegas INI file to edit the start location(ie, Capital Wasteland vs New Vegas), you would want to include the TTW_StartupMenu.esp file, which will let you choose where to start. You might want to read up on the other optional TTW files and what they do. TTW_SpeechChecks.esp(in beta) for example, will apply New Vegas style speech checks instead of the FO3 percentage based speech checks. There's a beta reputations file that implements faction reputations in DC ala New Vegas Factions(Brotherhood, NCR, Legion, etc). They recommend you play through Vault 101 without any mods. They recommend that you make a save game right before you exit vault 101( and make a backup copy). You can then start modding from this point. I know mods have caused issues in vault 101. The backup save can then be used in future TTW playthroughs for when you want to start a new game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @heenato Watch this freaking video series, he does it step by step! Everything! ITS CONSTANTLY UPDATED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-3c1a9cLL8

• Options
    I'm sure the videos are great, but this sort of thing I vastly prefer to have as text I can read at my own pace, go backward and forward easily and skip those parts that don't apply. Video is simply not the format I like for such guides.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
  • Options
    I appreciate that there are multiple mods for pack-brahmin. It's an obvious addition.

There's a bunch of mods for making the pipboy-glove visible in the inventory and turning other gloves into separate items. Even separate left and right gloves.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    The video does not seem to address the 4GB address aware enabler. That's a pretty important one, and one of the first things you should install.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah. I'm not too big on video tutorials. I often have to reread sections, go back and forth, ETC, and that's a big pain in the ass with video.

Hell. Even this isn't doing to hot, since it's telling me to drag something in FNVedit, and there is no dragging happening and no reason why the dragging is not a thing or what I should be doing.

Edit: -nevermind-

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Each respective video is a great resource to check out a top list of mods in the description (also updated as frequently as the videos) for that particular aspect of modding you are concerned with. FNVedit and other utilities get their own section and its a great reference to brush up on when you've lost your way or played other games.

Furthermore, unlike other how to videos, Gopher is actually aware of how his voice sounds with the microphone and isn't overloading it and your ears as you try to understand these mods and decide if you want them or not.

Finally, he has written an extensive companion tutorial here to go along with what he is recorded.

I'm hyping Gopher so much because he actually understand why video tutorials are a pain in the ass, hence why I haven't used video walkthroughs for my games and still use gamefaqs. He does not commit the cardinal sins of so many other video series and I promise he will be less annoying and more useful than any other mod reviewer, bar none.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    He does commit one cardinal sin. His videos are way longer (three to four times) than they need to be.

• Options
    Hence why I said 2x in the beginning.

• Options
    I have the most ridiculous fucking problems with mod organizer. Every goddamn time.

So, I go to install a mod manually because it's not on the nexus. Okay. Fine. I've done that before, no big deal. I install it, and it installs correctly and theeeen....Nothing. It doesn't show up in mod organizer. The organizer doesn't recognize it as a thing that exists even though I'm staring at it right now in the files for mod organizer.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Most likely I won't be able to help you, but what do you do to install mods that aren't on Nexus?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
  • Options
    I figured out the problem, actually. The mod somehow ended up in a subcatagory of another mod. Was weird as hell.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Most likely I won't be able to help you, but what do you do to install mods that aren't on Nexus?

Since I still do things this way... You copy the ESP/ESM files into the data folder along with any other meshes/sounds/textures needed. When the Fallout front end loads you can check the Data Files option and it'll bring up all the loaded ESMs which will include the original game files, any DLC (story and item content), and any mods you have. But there's no real boot order or conflict messages.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Nocren wrote: »

Since I still do things this way... You copy the ESP/ESM files into the data folder along with any other meshes/sounds/textures needed. When the Fallout front end loads you can check the Data Files option and it'll bring up all the loaded ESMs which will include the original game files, any DLC (story and item content), and any mods you have. But there's no real boot order or conflict messages.

This is entirely the wrong way to do it if you're using Mod Organizer. For MO to work best you need to leave your data directory bone stock.

To add a non-nexus mod to MO you simply use the leftmost button in the toolbar labed "add mod from archive". From there just pick the mod archive and then follow the import prompts the same as if you were installing one grabbed from the nexus.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    Well. New vegas just softlocked my entire computer. Not letting me get to the task manager, and holding my mouse hostage forever.

Yuuup. That was a fun run while it lasted. I think I'm done now.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Unfortunately, New Vegas is one of those games where you need to put in some work to make sure it doesn't crash all the time. I don't blame anyone who isn't willing to put in that work.

• Options
    Oh. I usually don't have a problem working with Gamebryo and it's crashes. it's just I'm not willing to hard reset my PC every time it DOES crash. Which even when you've done everything possible, it's going to crash.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    Thanks, Nocren, though that was a bit of a misunderstanding: I was asking how heenato was doing it (with respect to Mod Organizer) to see if there was anything obvious that'd need to be done differently. As The Deliverator wrote, your approach would risk mucking up things with MO.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing woes with New Vegas, heenato. :(

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
  • Options
    @Heenato

What did you install? Sorry to hear you're having a lot of issues. It took me hours to install all my mods for my TTW run. I'm still not done with them. I haven't installed the New Vegas mods I wanted yet, still working through the FO3 ones.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Whats a good name for a supermutant redneck farmer with a shotgun?

Thinking about starting a new playthrough using wolfhorn ranch as a base along with some planting/agriculture mods and an armored yao guai companion.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Whats a good name for a supermutant redneck farmer with a shotgun?

Thinking about starting a new playthrough using wolfhorn ranch as a base along with some planting/agriculture mods and an armored yao guai companion.

Edgar.

"Sugar. In water."

latest?cb=20120521120404

• Options
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    @Heenato

What did you install? Sorry to hear you're having a lot of issues. It took me hours to install all my mods for my TTW run. I'm still not done with them. I haven't installed the New Vegas mods I wanted yet, still working through the FO3 ones.
    I had actually just followed the modding guide posted earlier. It wasn't really anything more than just...gamebryo. I eventually learned how to fix the whole super priority thing, since I figured out how to move the task manager to my second monitor, but I had already uninstalled it by then.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    dohnjoedohnjoe Registered User new member
    Anyone has the latest news on Fallout 4?

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    dohnjoe wrote: »
    Anyone has the latest news on Fallout 4?
    Bethesda is having their own conference set for E3.

We're all hoping. Other than that, just the same old dusty rumors and hoaxes.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    That old Boston rumor actually sounded pretty cool. The Institute would be cool guys to fight.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I honestly couldn't possibly care less where they decide to actually set the game.

I will be happy with pretty much any locale; I just want FO4. It could be set in Asscazadorestan, a suburb of Omaha Nebraska, where the main antagonists are the Brotherhood of the Squirrel on a Stick and I'd still be 100% on board.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    as long as Bethesda stays on the east coast and leaves the west coast to obsidian.

• Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    That old Boston rumor actually sounded pretty cool. The Institute would be cool guys to fight.

Why would you fight them?

• Options
    Well, they're basically slavers.

This discussion has been closed.