Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So with Zyuohger ending really soon, I've been meaning to ask for the longest time, but kept forgetting:

Whoever does the subtitles I use changes the opening slightly every episode:

"One human and four zyumans have met, forming their own pack"

"forming their own pride"

"forming their own flock"

and so on, it gets really obscure

Is this the translator having fun, or does the narration really change slightly every episode?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    It's just one of ot's guys goofing around

• Options
  • Options
    i love them all but yellow dresses like an employee at a regional jack in the box variant and I want to take him shopping and teach him to love himself

• Options
    At this point it's weird to see morphers that aren't phones

• Options
    sentai has phones
    kamen rider has belts
    ultraman used to have like, stick things kinda???
    legend hero has pokemon

• Options
    So purple dragon mentor is definitely a ranger, a la Dekamaster

I figure one more human and one more suit, so we get all twelve signs covered, with a six/six human/alien split

I hope against hope that the human is a girl

But let's not kid ourselves

• Options
    some of those "humans" are aliens but yeah

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm all about that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Man, this week's Zyuohger hit at exactly the right time, given all that's going on in the world

This series as a whole has been really good with its messages, enough that I wish it aired globally

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    jkth_bandai_chogokin_toy_story_woody_robo_fig_combo_inset.jpg

This isn't technically Tokusatsu but I don't care

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yeah that's been around for a minute

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Yeah that's been around for a minute

Look I only visit ThinkGeek on the rare occasions I remember it exists, okay...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Yooooo this week's Legend Heroes
    Pretty emotional sacrifice, and I was wondering when Lui Bei would get another form

Hope they add another girl hero though, and I'm gonna miss Zan being in on the secret

A few weeks old, but I love that we have putties now

And I like that the rogue angel is finally doing something new, wonder where it goes

Blue tiger guy is still the best

wish Cao Cao's forms were more different, what's the point

Jimothy on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Ready to see what's coming in February for Ex-Aid (thanks to Heroshock)?
    czGLloq.jpg

Those who've seen the preview for the next episode will know that this form is coming up first. Granted by the Ju-Ju Burger Gashat, Burger Gamer is said to be an actual Lv4 Gashat unlike the previously reported Dragon-(item)-only forms given by Drago Knight Hunter Z. As seen, this form grants Ex-Aid a boost in mobility thanks to the added rollerblades.

3iCco2o.jpg

February is also a good month for Brave and Snipe as they close the gap with their own version of the Gashat Gear Dual, the Gashat Gear Dual Beta. Brave's side of it, Taddle Fantasy, gives him his Lv50 Fantasy Gamer form and allows him to add a bit more magic to his 'Magic Knight' role if the scan above is any indication.

7VAJJBH.jpg

Snipe meanwhile goes for even more guns with his side of the GGD-B, Bang Bang Simulation. Simulation Gamer is all about the firepower and seems to culminate with a big blast from his gauntlets when they come together to form the bow of the ship. Something to note by the way is that the scans for Brave and Snipe's Lv50 forms seem to depict them fighting against actual Bugsters based off of Gekitotsu Robots and Jet Combat rather then the plug-n-play Bugster used for their debut earlier.

3xOCamd.jpggzDs5WO.jpg

These aren't the only Gamer-forms Brave and Snipe will get though. Brave's special against Ouja will let him bust out the Night Of Safari Gashat to use the Lv4 Safari Quest form (AKA a feline-fied Full Dragon) while Snipe's Episode 0 mini-series will net him the Bang Bang Tank Gashat, presumably also Lv4 and also a redone existing Gamer.

XqVSF9k.jpg

The only notable news outside of new Rider forms for February is about the upcoming fight between Genm and Para-DX. We've seen the pair's relationship starting to fray already thanks to Pallad's insistence of playing with M clashing with Kurato's goals so this was most likely going to happen one way or the other. The question is exactly how will Genm beat Para-DX since it's VERY unlikely Kurato would just give Pallad a Gashat 40 levels stronger then his without some sort of failsafe or plan, even with Dangerous Zombie rendering him (for now) unbeatable.

Scans for the next Super-Hero Taisen movie's come out too.
    Ey58tAz.jpg

As seen above, the movie will have the heroes (and odd villain in Genm's case) fighting against each other though this is apparently forced upon them by the responsible party that captured them for their 'Arena Of Death' rather then a dumb excuse by the scriptwriter. And as you can tell by some of the matchups, it's not going to be a straight KR Vs SS fight either. What's more interesting however is that a new Gamer Rider will be introduced in the story. Identity unknown so far, the user of the Taddle Legacy Gashat will enter the battle royale as Kamen Rider True Brave. Just what is their connection to the actual Brave and will they be making the jump from the movie into the series in some way later?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    ExAid has the worst Rider designs of all the Riders, which is a bummer

I hope the next season goes more traditional, maybe even a touch biological, though I guess that's what Amazons is for

Any word on S2 of Amazons? I just got my Alpha and Omega Figuarts and they're rad

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ExAid has the worst Rider designs of all the Riders, which is a bummer

What do you mean, the worst?
    DJoj1PI.jpg

I think the designs are just purrfect.

• Options
    I think he meant Ex-Aid as opposed to Brave and Gemn and the others, not compared to other series

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I think he meant Ex-Aid as opposed to Brave and Gemn and the others, not compared to other series

Well kinda, yeah the base forms for Knight Rider and Edgy Gun Rider are decent I guess, but other than that most of the rest of the forms all look like busy cumbersome uncoordinated messes. So yeah I meant Ex Aid as a series compared to other series.

I prefer cleaner/sleeker suits and upgrades/forms instead of lots of plastic hanging off all over.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Potential Kyuranger spoilers
    Surprise surprise, RyuuCommander is a violet ranger that lines up really well with their purple dragon mentor

But the text next to him apparently says something about an 11th warrior being born

Supposedly this is pointing to the 10th and 11th rangers debuting together in April. The sixth usually shows up in July, right? So I'm guessing that's when the 12th ranger will show up?

People are currently debating (based on the text) whether the 11th is white or cyan

Assuming we get 12 rangers (maybe white and cyan), I think the only previously used color that wouldn't be included would be grey, correct?

Also the theme song just leaked. It's real catchy, and is apparently the first time a Sentai theme doesn't feature the show's name (Kamen Rider does this all the time now)

• Options
    Trailer for the Spector special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ3YByzLkqk

• Options
  • Options
    And speaking of suit design, I'm really liking the Kyuranger suits and the constellation theme a lot. Might be the first sentai I watch as it airs. Makes me sad sentai Figuarts are basically dead.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I really like the stars on their visors. Like what Meteor was going for, but without being such a mess

Really, I think I just like suits that do something different with the visor. Go-Buster and AbareKiller also stood out for that reason

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I really like the stars on their visors. Like what Meteor was going for, but without being such a mess

Really, I think I just like suits that do something different with the visor. Go-Buster and AbareKiller also stood out for that reason

Man are we really calling Kamen Rider Meteors design a mess here

Cause Meteor is so fucking stylish it ain't even funny

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options

The glitter is a bit much

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

The glitter is a bit much

The glitter is the best

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Thoughts on this week's Ex-Aid episode:
    Nice to see how Kuroto Dan's ego is going to bite him in the butt ahead of time. First by not doing anything to prevent other people at Genm Corp from creating their own Gashats before he left (though the show could always end up forgetting this little fact) and then by completely failing to notice how badly he's upset Pallad with the total death of Burgermon. It's also nice to see that the JuJu Burger Gashat will live on to see potential use another day as despite what some may think of it, Burger Gamer's actually a pretty effective Lv4 form when it comes to speed and range.

• Options
    Goodbye, Zyuohgers. It's been real

I'm really gonna miss them, especially Yamato and Misao. Yamato might be tied with Marvelous for my favorite red

Really excited for Kyuranger though

• Options
    Thanks to a post on Rangerboard, stuff coming out in the next quarter of toys for Ex-Aid may have been revealed. Not 100% confirmed yet but here's the post in the box below with the potential spoilers for what's coming up next for the series.
    Oh boy. Big news, people.

So I found a site that put up the next quarter's Kyuranger toys up for preorder. And I realized it was likely that it may have put up Ex-Aid stuff as well. I checked and, they actually did!

So here's what appears to be the rest of the third quarter stuff.

DX Buggle Driver II & Kamen Rider Chronicle Gashat
    DX Crisis Gashat
    DX Hyper Muteki (Invincible) Gashat and a Maximum + Muteki set
    DX Gashacon Parabragun
    LVUR17 Para-DX Perfect Knockout Gamer
    LVUR18 Ex-Aid Muteki and Maximum Gamer
    RH13 Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer

Site's here for confirmation, assuming it's legit which I would assume it is. Linking everything would be too much effort but you can find all of it by searching for it.

Not 100% confirmed or anything, but, you know.

Some interesting sounding stuff.

• Options
    Apparently the next quarter toys on the Kyuranger side of things indicate that
    RyuuCommander is real, and the 11th ranger is KogumaSkyBlue

Weird that they're called SkyBlue instead of Cyan, but okay. Koguma is apparently Ursa Minor, so probably a bear-themed mecha

It's unclear, but some people are translating part of the listing as "childhood" leading to a (unconfirmed) rumor that they will be a young girl, similar to Kou from Dairanger

I hope they're at least a girl, both for gender ratio and because having both the male and female blues on one team is kinda neat

• Options
    Found a couple of pictures on Facebook that could prove that Ex-Aid toy-listing post from Rangerboard true.
    ODTcwTP.jpg
    xwFjKqu.jpg

That second scan brings a particular tune to mind.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Found a couple of pictures on Facebook that could prove that Ex-Aid toy-listing post from Rangerboard true. Ex-Aid's final form is one of the two so only open if you want to see it.
    ODTcwTP.jpg
    xwFjKqu.jpg

That second scan brings a particular tune to mind.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Oh man, I am a big fan of Orange, Blue and Green

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm finally sitting down to watch the first episode of Bishojo Kamen Poitrine, one of the old 80's Toei Fushigi Comedy Series. Much like another one I watched, where the three sisters would be turned into chickens if they didn't become super-heroes, this time God will turn the main girl into a frog if she fails.

This is the very first monster of the week:

p52qtrypkrzg.jpg

He broke into a little kid's room to steal his brand new copy of Dragonball Z 3 for Famicom.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Another scan from the next Ex-Aid toy catalog popped up, showing off a new Gashat and a new Gamer Rider to go with it.
    zXOuvqb.jpg

• Options
    Thank God

• Options
    speculation
    can't wait for her to be killed off and/or completely ineffective

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Something to keep in mind about that scan above...
    ...is that Poppy's not the only one to use that 2.0 version of the Buggle Driver as shown in the box here.
    hNd02ti.jpg

Is there more then one copy of the B-Driver 2.0 or is her tenure as a Rider and perhaps life be cut short if Genm decides he wants to use the new Driver for Chronicle?

EDIT: About the name of the new Rider's Gashat.
    According to a site, it's full name is the Tokimeki Crisis Gashat with 'Tokimeki' meaning 'heartbeat' or 'excitement'. What's most notable about it is that there's a popular dating-sim game series called Tokimeki Memorial. Seeing how well various genres have been represented so far, it shouldn't be too surprising then that dating-sims get their own Gashat.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    damnit damnit damnit

I have been watching Fourze and just got to the OOOs vs Fourze movie

and now I want to go watch OOOs when I'm done with Fourze

this is the second time this has happened

This discussion has been closed.