Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Oh my God Hiro is Gary Oak

It does feel a little that way.
    I'm guessing the reason behind his cold exterior involved a patient he got too close to, something bad happening that made him decide to simply not connect at all to anyone else under his care. I mean, I've heard that surgeons if doctors in general are advised not to get too bonded with patients to avoid problems treating them but Hiro seems to be running with that way too far considering he let the patient go flying after the Lv1 fight without any attempt at trying to catch him. It's hard to tell if his going straight for the Bugster's magic cane to kill the grappling spell on the lady during the Lv2 fight was the same or if that was just him taking the most efficient route to solve the problem since Emu was there.

EDIT: Scans from the toy catalog came in quicker then expected, not only showing off what I mentioned in the previous page but also showing off the form brought with the Lv4 Gashat. First scan's showing all the new stuff off in a two-page spread with the rest showing off what's been mentioned before in more detail.
    4NaWftG.jpg

As you can see on the far-left and for those who are aware, the Gamer Riders will share the Lv4 Gashat known as Drago Knight Hunter. However, it seems as if Brave and Snipe are only able to access part of it's power for their Lv4 form with Lazer apparently having a bigger share. According to Heroshock though, not only will Ex-Aid be able to access all of the Gashat's armor, but it'll propel him beyond it's Lv4 form to Hunter Gamer Lv5.

SWbfqOQ.jpg

Ex-Aid will also score the Mighty Brothers XX Gashat. With this unique double-slot Gashat, Ex-Aid changes into his Double Action Gamer form with LvX being used instead of Lv1 for his initial transformation. Where it gets wild is when he throws the Driver's switch, becoming Double Action Gamer LvXX R & L. To put it in more understandable terms, the Lv2-equivelant of this form splits him into two to make him both Mario AND Luigi at the same time. The weapon that comes with the new Gashat is the Gashacon Key Slasher, a weapon that can be used as a gun, sword and axe. It also has two slots to either accept the Mighty Brothers XX Gashat or two regular Gashats of Ex-Aid's choosing.

ommRRRB.jpg

Genm's also getting his own X-labeled upgrade and surprisingly so by swapping Drivers ala Gaim's Baron. This is achieved by setting his Bugvisor weapon on a special holding belt known as the Bugel Buckle to create the Bugel Driver. With this and the Dangerous Zombie Gashat, Genm can access his Zombie Gamer X form.

Of course, you may be more interested in the figure on the left. That's Kamen Rider Paradox, an unknown person whom uses his own two-in-one Gashat, the Dual Gear Gashat. Twisting the knob on it changes the game accessed by the Rider with left opening Knockout Fighter and the right Perfect Puzzle, both forms rated at Lv50.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Sorry for the double-post but I thought some of you may wish to see the new Eyecon coming out with the Specter DTV-film.
    WRHQX35.jpg

Much like a previous blue Rider, Specter's 'True Specter' Eyecon is an alternate version of the ultimate transformation item used by the primary Rider. Hopefully the resulting form will look adequately demonic at least. Though seeing the Deep Specter Eyecon felt like it had ties to Cthulhu with it's jingles, I'd love to see True Specter double-down on that. According to Heroshock, there's a rumor that Ghost and Necrom may also get something new though if it's from this movie or a following one isn't clear.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Jesus.

Orbs form with belail is a straight up nightmare.

I'm pretty sure that
    that he just murdered that pilot.

Edit:Ok so they just said he lived but he's gotta be pretty messed up

Norgoth on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    This is cheesy. And silly. And I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNIyztmU8dk

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    and Yoshi is in it, but not as a power ranger

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I've been considering it for a long time, but some of the stuff in Zyuohger finally convinced me to find Gekiranger and start watching it.

First episode was incredible. It's from 2006 but feels even older, and I love it. The only thing I really know about it going in is the main group, that Gekiviolet has an amazing first fight, and that the bad guys are really good.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    A few thoughts about Ex-Aid's recently-subbed third episode:
    -Looks like we can add Zero Day to the list of 'events involving Rider enemies in the past that resulted in the loss of lives but no one has heard or talks about'. I wonder if anyone's made a timeline of this sort of thing by now.

-It was a nice intro to Snipe/Taiga and I think it did a decent enough job of giving him some wiggle room to recover from his current attitude due to what may have happened five years ago most likely making him what he is now. Nice that whatever happened to him also affected Hiro, giving them a stronger reason to butt heads then just professional issues.

-Man, Hiro didn't come out of that fight looking good. Throwing in the towel after hearing he'd die if taking a few hits was bad enough but then to give Em a veiled 'you suck' comment for giving up the Gashat even though the kid he bailed on was saved really took the cake.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    ...Wait
    Bang Bang Shooting ia a first person shooter has been stuck in development hell for five years

IS KAMEN RIDER SNIPE USING THE DARK POWER OF DUKE NUKEM?!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I laughed at the fact that they just built in a way to justify random jumps to abandoned locations that exist only to be in fight scenes.

I've been digging in the old tokusatsu hole again...and found something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J79Ql3Mf6Lo

Also, apparently one of the main characters from KR Drive, Rinna, was the main character in the old, bad show Kamen Tenshi Rosetta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEMprmtaqlA

It was the first show in the same series as Vanny Knights, which I'm still watching.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Looks like next week's Ex-Aid will be the start of the Lv3 Gashats being used (minus Genm's as that's already been seen before). Screenshots of the first one in the box below.
    n92CtwK.jpg
    a8QDHZn.jpg

10/23 EDIT:

Toei's wasting no time in doing a special webseries for Ex-Aid, the purpose seemingly to show off the Riders' poses and attacks. The story involves Genm Corp's CEO arranging VR-testing of the CR-affiliated Riders (thus the webseries' title "Tricks": Virtual Operations). The webseries seems to take place in-between episodes as the second chapter establishes itself firmly in-between episodes 3 and 4 as...
    ...Taiga has the Mighty Action X Gashat.

The webseries also reveals in the first chapter the answer to a question some fans have probably been asking for a while.
    Namely the status of the Proto-Gashats other then Proto Mighty Action X.

Here's the first two released chapters so far for the webseries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqSUjnvaCVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6LOH0ohF24

Owenashi on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Tanahashi is going to be a villain in Heisei Generations!!!!

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Anyone remember Legend Heroes?

Korean toku that aired this year, the company that made it put up the first two episodes on YouTube with official subs months ago, but stopped after that

I kept checking, subscribed to their channel, found it very frustrating

Finally paid off, as they've started uploading the rest. Looks like they drop an episode every Tuesday.

I'm enjoying it so far

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Anyone remember Legend Heroes?

Korean toku that aired this year, the company that made it put up the first two episodes on YouTube with official subs months ago, but stopped after that

I kept checking, subscribed to their channel, found it very frustrating

Finally paid off, as they've started uploading the rest. Looks like they drop an episode every Tuesday.

I'm enjoying it so far

It has the cutest Guan Yu

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So, tell me about Garo, there seems to be a lot of side series and movies and even an anime

What order should I watch things?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Really you just NEED to watch the first series

• Options
    November scans are popping up. Let's get the one for MW-Level Up out of the way first.
    iBLjvKK.jpg

As probably all of you were aware, Ghost will be using the Ex-Aid Rider-Eyecon to gain his Ex-Aid Damashii form. However, there is a second Damashii in play as you can see in the left page's box, gained by a new Eyecon called the Tenka Touitsu Eyecon. It's unclear yet exactly what it's supposed to be but I did hear news about one or two new Eyecons being made that represent more then one historical person which this one may be part of, the other possibly showing up in Specter's movie.

As for the film's titular villain, that's him in the small headshot-box on the right page. Not much is known about Dr. Pac-Man yet other that it looks like he'll be dressed in a similar fashion to Hiroshi Tanahashi's character, marking him as another former scientist from the Next Genome Institute.

As for what's happening in Ex-Aid's November episodes..
    O3gMQFH.jpg

Ex-Aid and the other (sorta) heroic Riders are earning their Lv3 Gashats. Ex-Aid's, Gekitotsu Robot, allows him to achieve his Robot Action Gamer form which equips him with a robot-like arm that not only lends him more punching power but can be shot at people rocket-fist style.

DpVBSJz.jpg

Brave gets his Beat Quest Gamer form from the DoReMiFa Beat Gashat. This is the same game that Asuna comes from so it'll be interesting to see if something develops from that plot-point.

8gBGeH4.jpg

Snipe goes airborne in his Combat Shooting Gamer form thanks to the Jet Combat Gashat.

7fC8Q45.jpg

Last but not least, Lazer finally gets a proper Rider-look beyond his Lv1-body thanks to his GiriGiri Chambara Gashat giving him the Chambara Bike Gamer form. This allows him access to his Gashacon weapon, the Gashacon Sparrow, which can be used as either a pair of hand-scythes or combined together into a bow.

• Options
    so shoutfactory just used MillionFoldCuriosity's subs for the Ohranger DVDS without crediting them

and in other MFC news, they just finished gavan

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Well... half of that's good! I'm glad that Metal Hero stuff is being subbed now, I don't think there was a lot of it around until recently. I'll plan to watch Gavan relatively soon!

• Options
    edited November 2016
    A pair of pictures have popped up which look to be from the Specter DTV-movie, showing off a pair of new forms. If you've seen the new Eyecon being made for Specter, you already can hazard a guess about what the suit in the first picture looks like.
    knSJATv.jpg

Not bad but I'm still wishing they modeled it more on Deep's look cranked up a few notches. Especially since (according to Heroshock) it's apparently called Sin Specter. Supposedly it's description notes that Makoto will have an impossible choice to make.

As for the other form, you can see it in the box below though it doesn't belong to Specter.
    zxoaDK5.jpg

Looks like Necrom's getting a 'Boost'-themed upgrade called Yujo Burst. Though the fact they couldn't match all of the suit to the form's colors hurts it a little I think. The description attached to it says that Alain will get the Eyecon that grants it when (again, from Heroshock) 'his feelings of friendship towards Makoto will reach higher levels'.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    That looks way better than Deep

I thought Deep was a huge downgrade, original recipe Specter and Tutankhamun Specter were my favorite suits of the series though

• Options
    i like deep but it should have been the movie form and this should have been the ultimate form, not vice versa

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    i like deep but it should have been the movie form and this should have been the ultimate form, not vice versa

yeah, but he couldn't have gotten this form as early because it would have ruined it for Ghost

• Options
    ex-aid 5
    Saw the Dark Ex-aid reveal coming from about mile away but it's still fine

kinda worried at how fast the plot is going so far??? they're gonna run out of reveals if we're already getting hiiro's backstory

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    ex-aid 5
    Saw the Dark Ex-aid reveal coming from about mile away but it's still fine

kinda worried at how fast the plot is going so far??? they're gonna run out of reveals if we're already getting hiiro's backstory

Yeah this series is going lightning fast.
    I feel like there going to get all the Gashats super quick. So we're either going to get new forms again or be stuck with these for a good while.

Meanwhile Orb is still great.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »
    I feel like there going to get all the Gashats super quick. So we're either going to get new forms again or be stuck with these for a good while.

Toy catalog spoilers:
    Well we have the Drago Knight Hunter Gashat coming in which will act as a shared Lv4 between the four heroic (some more then others) Riders as well as grant Ex-Aid a bonus Lv5 form if not just give him that instead of the others' Lv4. After that we have Ex-Aid getting a 'LvX' Gashat with the Mighty Brothers XX Gashat that'll most likely be his mid-season upgrade. Genm will also score his own LvX Gashat in the form of Dangerous Zombie.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Sorry for the double-post but Heroshock's got some new info on the villains of Movie Wars Level Up that may be quite surprising if the movie fits in canonically with the current series.
    xGvOSiW.jpg

According to Heroshock, the group identify themselves as Next Genome, keeping the name of the institute they were a part of apparently. It's been known for a while that Hiroshi Tanahashi's character will be using the Proto Gekitotsu Robots Gashat to transform into a Bugster but now the other two human members of the group have had their own Proto Gashats identified. The woman, Joyo, will use the Proto Proto Giri Giri Chambara Gashat while the short-haired man, Suzunosuke, will use the Proto Drago Knight Hunter Gashat.

tJr5U24.jpg

The shocking part of the info that I mentioned involves Dr. Pac-Man himself. It's not clear if he used to be a human or still is but it seems he's none other then the doctor that saved Emu's life when he was a kid! As you can see, he'll also have a Bugster form like the others but there's no info if he uses one of the Proto Gashats to achieve it. Considering he has the Bugvisor in his possession, it's possible he uses it to transform. No clue yet though if he created his own Bugvisor, had it lent to him by the Bugsters or if he somehow managed to steal it right from their clutches.

EDIT: First proper trailer is go.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    the fucking fight sequence in orb 18 was unbelievably good

• Options
    Seeing as no one's posted this yet in the Power Rangers thread, would anyone like to take a look at the toy for the 2017 film's take on the Megazord? Keep in mind that since this is a toy, it's probably not 100% fully colored and may look different later. especially compared to it's film-counterpart.
    FBeKW0U.jpg

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    While Kamen Rider Ex-Aid skipped a week, the Virtual Operations webseries did not. In the box below, you can find what may be the final episode for now. Obviously, don't watch it if you haven't seen last week's episode. It also uses a scene from the yet-aired episode six so don't watch it if you want to see that first too.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Seeing as no one's posted this yet in the Power Rangers thread, would anyone like to take a look at the toy for the 2017 film's take on the Megazord? Keep in mind that since this is a toy, it's probably not 100% fully colored and may look different later. especially compared to it's film-counterpart.
    FBeKW0U.jpg

There was some talk in the movie thread and probably a few others. There's another photo floating around of another toy that looks marginally better because it has colours and you can tell it's actually made up of smaller robots, but in general the response is "That looks like ass".

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Circled back around to Ultraman Orb after a month or so off. I still love this show so much. I cannot tell if I'm supposed to think Gai is the coolest hero or a giant dork, and in my opinion this is the perfect way to play a hero.
    Episode 4
    has an excellent visual gag wherein the fire monster of the week indirectly melts his ice cream and he goes to do the ol Ultraman henshin pose, except the ice cream stick is still in his hand and he has to toss it in the recycle bin.

• Options
    i love gai, he's not quite the best boy, that's mebius

but he's close

• Options
    Ultraboys? Ultra Battle Boys?

• Options
    Battle Boys is the one without any ultramen and is basically kaiju pokemon

• Options
    ....tell me more.

• Options
    Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle and its sequel series ran from 07-09

imagine stargate, except the main character summoned kaiju to fight for him on whatever alien world they wound up on

• Options
    That's not 100% of all the things I love, but it's close.

• Options
    It's that time again, when magazine scans for next month's Toku shows start appearing. Here's Ex-Aid's.
    ghMXUMO.jpg

December's when we get the tenth Gashat, Drago Knight Hunter Z. With it, Ex-Aid and the (basically) heroic secondaries can don it's armor. Surprisingly they all count as Lv5 rather then Lv4. The part about the armor being shared in pieces still rings true though with Ex-Aid getting the main 'body', Dragon Fang.

fW8wjQf.jpgJEtKA2r.jpg

Brave gains the right-side arm and boot, Dragon Blade, while Snipe takes the left-side's pair, Dragon Gun.

IJLZEt7.jpg

Lazer manages to score both halves of the armor, collectively named Dragon Claw, most likely due to the unique nature of his humanoid Lv3 body.

1Im03Tu.jpg

Ex-Aid of course can go the extra mile and equip every piece together, known as Lv5 Full Dragon once complete. And as you can see, it does appear that everyone can equip their pieces at the same time which seems to indicate that there might be multiple copies of the Gashat instead of just one shared between them.

We also got some scans for Movie Wars Level Up.
    B7KMdE6.jpg

If you've been like me, you've been waiting for a chance to see this form which is known as Ghost Gamer. If there's any future Rider Gamer forms, they'll most likely follow this template.

d1J4gcK.jpg

The movie will also be the debut of Ex-Aid's Double Action Gamer form. Not too surprising since Ghost's Boost form popped up in the last Movie Wars.

etViQYJ.jpg

Finally, this picture confirms we'll be seeing Drive's and Wizard's actors returning to make unmasked appearances in the movie. It looks like the same can't be said for Gaim's actor unfortunately.

• Options
    I have seen the Kyuuranger designs

I think the helmets are mostly bad

This discussion has been closed.