As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Make a rhythm game dedicated to toku theme songs you cowards

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    It looks like the latest doodad in Build has a proper owner now if these pictures for next week's episode are any indication.
    N3YJiTJ.jpgp3dVKdo.jpg

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/CzoQS-8rCE0

Thought this was cute enough to share.

Oh I played this in an arcade last week

• Options
    Some new images for Zi-O have surfaced.
    dGvaf8e.jpg
    5ma2HeZ.jpg
    4XIvaDv.jpg
    JVIFiHJ.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Some info's come out with these images via a newspaper article. Take this with a grain of salt as I'm getting it off a site called daisukitoku.com and I dunno how legit they are as a whole with this stuff.
    Shinichiro Shirakura (白倉伸一郎) who has worked on past works like Kamen Rider Den-O, Amazon, etc is the producer of this series. Ryuta Tasaki (田崎竜太), who has worked on several Super Sentai and Kamen Rider series, will be Directing Kamen Rider Zi-O, which is destined to be the “last” Heisei Kamen Rider. The last series he directed was Kamen Rider Drive from 2014-2015.

The musical score is composed by Toshihiko Sahashi (佐橋俊彦), who previously worked on Kamen Rider Kuuga, Hibiki, Agito, and Den-O. Takeshi Miyazaki (宮崎剛), who is part of Japan Action Enterprises, is the Action Director with Hiroshi Butsuda (佛田洋) as the special effects supervisor.

In charge of the script is Kento Shimoyama (下山健人), who previously worked on Kamen Sentai Gorider, but is more well-known for his work in the Super Sentai series. In charge of the creature designs is Yutaka Izubuchi (出渕裕), who previously worked on the monster designs for Kamen Rider OOO.

Shimoyama's big writer role before this and Gorider was Shuriken Sentai Ninninger so that'll likely be your barometer on how good this could be if you're familiar with that series. Shirakura's worked on Rider stuff as far back as Agito series-wise. He was also the producer behind Kamen Rider Taisen, Superhero Taisen GP and it's proper ending Kamen Rider #4. There was also a small summary about the series as part of the info which you can find in the box below.
    The story takes place in Autumn 2018. A time-travelling girl arrives in a time machine from the year 2068. She heads back to the past to find a hero, as there is a demon who is tormenting people and destroying all hope within the world.

Zi-O is destined to be king, but may not be a hero after all. He becomes a demon… so what will become of his fate in the future? This is a story of a Rider who is destined to become king, but will fight in the past, present, and future to save time. Kamen Rider Zi-O will then encounter past Heisei Kamen Riders along the way.

The official website has also launched, along with the Twitter account. The Twitter account is currently “protected” but will unlock within a few weeks.

EDIT: Here's an alternate wide version of a picture put up in the previous post. See if you can spot what's off about it.

XXHI3nP.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Triple-posting but I thought you guys would like to see what's coming this Saturday in Build.
    oSsH1jh.jpg

Yep, he actually gets a new form. Say hello to Grease-Blizzard.

Magazine scans are incoming but I'm going to wait till they're all out to lay out the good stuff here.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm bad at this game, what's off about it?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Ryuki has a Decade belt

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Ryuki has a Decade belt

wow yeah, how the heck did that happen

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    From the Ryuki world in Decade. Whoever put the image together wasn't paying attention I guess...... or is it intentional??!?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I meant more "how did whoever put that image together (presumably someone at Toei) miss that"

• Options
    Oh, yeah, idk

I'm digging Zi-O's base designs, they're pretty stylish and sleek

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    In charge of the creature designs is Yutaka Izubuchi (出渕裕), who previously worked on the monster designs for Kamen Rider OOO
    !!!!!!!!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I do really appreciate that this new 'anniversary' Rider has the same color scheme as Decade.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I do really appreciate that this new 'anniversary' Rider has the same color scheme as Decade.

Well, he's not just an anniversary Rider. Zi-O will be the last Heisei Rider.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Huh, I didn't even consider that. Wow.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    https://youtu.be/137dzsXNnd4

Zi-O's transformation jingle for those curious to hear it.

EDIT: Here's a close-up look at a Ridewatch, which shows that part of the ring moves to show off the year of the Rider's first appearance and their symbol.

52tCQZF.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Okay, that jingle is acceptable. Cautiously optimistic.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I really hope they go super hard with the time travel conceit but I'm not expecting it

• Options
    I would love to get another Decade where he visits the old shows while they're happening. If they use the shirty old cameras and effects, even better.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I would love to get another Decade where he visits the old shows while they're happening. If they use the shirty old cameras and effects, even better.
    Decade does look to play an important part seeing his Ridewatch is (likely) Zi-O's first upgrade.

• Options
  • Options
    Triple-posting again because of this official commercial for the Zi-O Driver that shows off the jingle quite clearly.

Also, someone on Rangerboard that lives in Japan has seen Build's solo movie. If what he says is true, this is what he says about Zi-O's appearance in the film.
    He is really cool. He sounds REALLY young (even younger than Kairi/Lupin Red) and very cocky (to activate Build's Armor he kicks Build's hologram). He proclaims himself as the "Demon King with the Rider's Power".

• Options
    Blurg, didn't want to quadruple-post but hey, Zi-O footage from the movie got leaked online. Catch it quick before it's yanked!

• Options
    Wait what, that looks so weird

• Options
    I've seen a slightly better version of that clip and as for the transformation...
    ...based on what I saw, the Ridearmor materializes on a hologram of it's respective Rider with likely what'll be that within another hologram based on the Rider's transformation item as the Build hologram-rack was in a hologram of a big Full Bottle.

• Options
    Two things from that trailer stood out to me and Heroshock luckily has screenshots which show them off better.
    7Lur9Ev.png

First off, here's Demon King Zi-O AKA Zi-O's future self if he doesn't change. It's nice to see an actual difference in appearance rather then just different eye-lenses like Decade had.

iDB98vK.jpg

Second was the monster Zi-O was fighting. According to Heroshock, they're the MotW called Another Riders that are made by people being given (presumably) evil versions of the Ridewatches by the series' (starting?) villains, the Time-Jackers. Their goal is to change the future like Zi-O and Gates but to put their own king in place rather then Zi-O turn good.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    That second thing is amazing. I think that has sold me on this show.

• Options

Alternate trailer which features some of the characters' talking including the villains.

• Options
    Man I hope we get some Kaijin Ride action in this show.
    Diend-Chinomanako.jpg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Another moment from Build's movie got leaked online, featuring the transformation into the movie's unique form. Again, catch it while it's still up.

• Options

Those of you that have a Switch might be interested in this game for a couple of reasons.

• Options
    Yeah dude it's taiko no tatsujin of course I'm interested

• Options
    A picture of another of Zi-O's MotW popped up.
    4qlFNZf.jpg

Starting to sense a theme here when it comes to the face.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    JWrlXnA.jpg

Amazon Omega's S.I.C. figure has been revealed. The figure will show up in March 2019.

On the topic of Zi-O, some clarification of the MotW have been given.
    The Time-Jackers' Another Watches don't simply copy the Rider's abilities but steal them, not only robbing the proper Rider their ability to transform but their memories as a Rider too. So it's likely we won't see Build Vs Another Build or any other Rider Vs Another matchups happening unless something new's introduced.

EDIT: The next Complete Selection Modification Driver's been announced.

https://youtu.be/eEkebOuYHmc

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Well Build's finale came and went. Also, adverts for two series-related specials were released.

As for the finale itself, it seems like...
    ...the show pulled a Ryuki with the world-merger, no one remembering each other save for Sento and Ryuga.

EDIT: Subbed trailer for Zi-O's first episode is up.

https://youtu.be/cmh0M_k-ZVE

Owenashi on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Build finale was good! Whole series was incredibly consistent, really

I've recently gotten into Toku Twitter and the outpouring of love for the show these past few days has been kind of beautiful. Lots of really impressive and heartfelt fanart

This discussion has been closed.