Options

The [Final Fantasy] Thread: FF XV on Siesta, Partake in the Fiesta.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah, as far as I know the arena enemies are the only way to get the +4 stat spheres. It just seems like the ones I've fought so far have been a bit slow to kill, even though my people are pretty strong already. I know about using Kottos to get power/mana spheres etc to fill in when you get low, it's the actual +4 spheres that have been a bit troublesome. I guess I just hoped the farming would be a bit faster.

Ah, yeah, that is going to be a bit grindy no matter how much you work at it I think. I wanted to try max stats for the sheer spectacle of it but got turned off by the grind and stopped at filling everyone's grid.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I'm trying to do a max stats deal for a combo of trophy and also to be able to beat dark aeons/penance since this is the first time I've played the international version of the game.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    At the bottom of the guide you're using are tips and strats for all the fights to kill them the fastest way possible.

The best way really to get the ball rolling is to use the AP trick a few times and run Yuna though a lot of the grid. It doesn't take much before Anima and the Magus sisters get max strength. Use them to start farming strength spheres for the rest, and you're pretty much set.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Man this Jumbo Flan farming for magic spheres really sucks. I don't mind the ones where I can cheese them with Tidus and Wakka's overdrives for a million damage a hit or whatever, but having the fastest way to kill this guy be a 5 minute slog with Anima is so lame. At least i don't need that many magic spheres.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    If I remember right, it's fortune sphere farming that's the real nightmare slog.

• Options
    Fortune spheres are more time consuming overall because of the sheer number of times you have to do the fight, but that fight consists of nothing but doing Wakka's overdrive a handful of times. Having to summon anima, cast haste, shell, reflect, slow, and then pain 14 times dealing with the annoyingly slow animation is much more annoying to me.

• Options
    They're not any faster to farm, but you can also bribe Maelspike 200k for 1 attribute sphere, if you have a big enough bank roll. Also you'll get 10 master spheres for unlocking Nemesis.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I'm now done with 60 of my 420 needed fortune spheres. I can do earth eater in less than 2 minutes so it's not that bad, it's just having to do it soooo many times. I thought about trying to run numbers on bribing for attribute spheres, but there's no way I can make 400k gil in under 2 minutes consistently to make it faster than just pounding away on earth eater.

• Options
    So I finished the platinum trophy for FFX finally. I think I got to the last save point before the last boss at 35 hours, and my clock at finishing the platinum was close to 130. So basically 100 hours of maxing stats, filling out the entire sphere grid with everybody, and that damn insane amount of farming fortune spheres, etc.

Penance was a really fun fight. My first time doing it since I hadn't ever had the international version of the game. Was a real test of mental fortitude. Nothing about it was really difficult with the setup I used, but I had to make sure I kept good track of getting the arms to one hit from dead and killing them before their turns, and in the 2nd phase making sure I didn't forget to dispel people, entrusting ODs to Rikku to get good mixes off periodically, etc.

Going to break on some less time intensive games before I tackle FFX-2.

Glad to say the remiem chocobo race to get 5 chests wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be. I mean, the awful controls and all were present but it only took me maybe 20 minutes to knock it out as it was one of the last trophies I needed.

• Options
    Guys guys guys. I went to Final Fantasy Distant Worlds in Chicago last night and I saw Nobuo with my own eyes. They debuted Hymn of the Fayth/The Sending and a FFVI medley and holy god I was tearing up like a child the entire time. Final Fantasy music is some of the best. Absolutely amazing show.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    bss wrote: »
    Guys guys guys. I went to Final Fantasy Distant Worlds in Chicago last night and I saw Nobuo with my own eyes. They debuted Hymn of the Fayth/The Sending and a FFVI medley and holy god I was tearing up like a child the entire time. Final Fantasy music is some of the best. Absolutely amazing show.

This is the truest of facts. I went to a distant worlds concert a few years ago and it was amazing. I even splurged on the front row seats so I could go to a signing after and such. Totally got to hug Uematsu. Awkwardness be damned.

I can't stress how good these concerts are. Anyone who gets one even remotely nearby should try to go.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I was so tempted to put some money down for the Nobuo meet & greet but finances talked me out of it. But yeah, it's absolutely worth the time and cost to get to FFDW. I try to go to a lot of video game concerts (other FF events, VGL, etc.) and FFDW was one of the best. They've also improved their shows considerably, in my opinion, since the earlier Dear Friends concerts, which were just alright.

FFDW is abroad for most of the year, but it looks like they're coming back for Toronto in December and then a couple US stops in 2015.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I've always had the DW albums and they already make me tear up

When I do end up going to an actual concert for reals, I suspect I will evacuate every concievable fluid from all my orifices at the same time. There's something about that Uematsu/Roth work, it's gotta be some kind of black magic

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Some day before I die, I must see one of these shows. I never seem to find out about them in my area until it's too late though.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Why is FFIX making me play their shit card game to advance the plot?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Why is FFIX making me play their shit card game to advance the plot?
    Because fuck you. We need filler, and a reason to get you the hell out of alexandria.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    If you win, you get the same hollow joy of winning a coin toss with absolutely no stakes.

I played a few hours of it.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    If you win, you get the same hollow joy of winning a coin toss with absolutely no stakes.

I played a few hours of it.
    Actually, there's a prize for winning the tournament. It's the accessory that teaches auto revive! So you actually want to win.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I wanted to go to the DW concert in Chicago but sadly my car had broke down just a few months before and it would have been too much of a hassle.

Hopefully next time.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    "Full Retail Game"

I'm guessing that means its going to be in the upper price range.

Still going to buy it.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    80% done what the what. Are they planning to release Type-0 HD before XV?

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

Yeah.

I mean its just an up-port. I mean if we're lucky we'll get some tweaks but I'm not expecting too much.

I know its a surprise though since even Square's remakes take forever.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

I think they're planning the heat death of the universe before XV.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I always thought that was the idea? I mean, the bulk of the work is porting it, tweaking things (if they're even going to do much to it) and getting it dubbed, which takes more time than actually finishing XV.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    I can already imagine how the conversation went.

"So...still working on XV, right?"

"Yep."

"Any release in sight?"

"Nope."

"You know I think we really should release something in between then."

*shrug*

"Hey...what about that Type-0 game we never released in the west? I mean we can even remake it in HD and resell it as new game. I mean hell...it is a new game for some people."

• Options
    Most of the localization and dubbing is already done, isn't it? There's a massive time sink already saved.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Maybe it'll actually come out this ye-ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy XVI to come out before XV.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I wonder how likely it is we see some *real* (not mocked-up) gameplay of XV at TGS this year.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    HAHAHAHAHA%

• Options
    Well...to be fair its only been a year since they re-announced the game.

No telling how much of the previous work was scrapped.

• Options
    All of the work has been scrapped. Several times.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I just want 12HD

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I just want 12HD

Hell...we'll probably get that before XV too.

I'm being serious.

• Options
    Someone get some damn video of Type-0 HD, geez.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I just want 12HD

That would be amazing. As 12 is one of my post-SNES favorites.
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I just want 12HD

Hell...we'll probably get that before XV too.

I'm being serious.

I almost feel sorry for XV.

First it was supposed to be a part of the 13 universe (somehow).

Then when that game didn't do so hot they dropped the "13" from it.

Then when S-E made more sequels to 13 and ran the name in to the ground, they realized they didn't have anything else in the pipe for a mainline game to rebuild public opinion.

So then they pointed at the Versus guys and said "Yo, you're FF15 now." and they responded, "But it wasn't designed as one!" to which they are told, "Make it work."

So the versus guys go about making it work.

Then they're all "Okay we can do this, we can make it work." to which S-E says, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What is this!? This isn't next gen?" "Of course not", the Versus guys respond, "It was started when the PS3 was young!". "Well it has to be next gen!" S-E coolly responds. The versus team collectively groans.

And now, here we are.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    You got your facts wrong. Nomura was supposedly the one who wanted to move the game to PS4 and rename it FFXV. If anything, that probably kept the game from getting cancelled by Square outright.

Impressions right are stating that Type-0 HD is looking really good, with some comments saying that it "puts most PS4/XB1 launch titles to shame".

I'm very skeptical of that hyperbole, but if they pull it off, that just makes me more excited for FFXV. If they can make a port with existing assets look terrific, imagine if they made a new FF from the ground up.

I say "if" until we actually get some coverage on FFXV that says "okay, this looks like an actual game that will come out in a reasonable time frame."

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Considering XV troubled history, if the game comes out and it is "decent" I will consider that to be a success. As much of a FF fanboy as I am, I'm not holding my breadth for XV being spectacular. I secretly hope so, but I won't be disappointed if it isn't. If it does turn out to be amazing, then awesome. However my expectations are quite tempered compared with previous FF game announcements.

I've a feeling XVI may be more traditional, if what S-E has said about Bravely Default being an "eye opener" is truly taken to heart.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    According to a Kotaku tease (with a full report coming "real soon") Type-0 HD has been in development since 2012 and also utilizes DX11.

Not sure if it was always intended to be a PS4 game at that point. I would guess maybe it was planned as a PS3 game at first.

Professor Snugglesworth on
This discussion has been closed.