Options

[Phalla] F-Zero PX - Race Finale: The Champion of F-Zero PX is...

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Why do you guys wait to talk until I get home.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @‌bedlam

Did he post in between you sending pms? Maybe he's completely inactive?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Let's put QuestionablySane on the ball regardless and see what happens. We're 3 days in, he's out of new guy immunity.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @‌bedlam

Did he post in between you sending pms? Maybe he's completely inactive?

what's this in reference to? He is sending in race orders at least, but that isn't enough to stay active.

e: I don't see any votes or posts from him yesterday (one of which he was required to do along sending in an action):Day Start ---Day End

So unless he does one of the following within the next few hours, he is gone. Right? Or am I reading the inactivity rules incorrectly.

Egos on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I just want to be clear, because I think I'm being misrepresented a little.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be voting out people we think are suspicious. I'm saying that absent other information, it's better to vote out people ahead of you, or more precisely, people that make it more likely for you personally to be the champion.

Further, it's not beneficial for a small number of people to be way ahead going into the last day.

I'm interested to know why QS and Assuran are more suspicious that Lucedes, because right now it seems like there's a lot of people protecting her for no reason, and voting for others for no reason.

• Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    The dilemma, as I see it, is that it is entirely possible that there is no seer. We aren't meant to know that the race leader is mafia or not, with any certainty. Villagers can only know that they are not mafia, and make educated guesses regarding things like vote records and behavior. So, every villager wants to make certain that he wins, as that is the only 100% way to be sure that their win condition is being satisfied. This incentivizes things like attacking race leaders, with some preference based on villagers judgement calls regarding the likelihood of one of the leaders being a mafia.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Questionably Sane beats any leads I have.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    But if villagers weren't attacking other people, they'd all be in contention for winning.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Infidel

No time to really post today.

• Options
    If we average 3 eliminations per day, especially of people higher up, people in the bottom 12 right now all have a chance at winning.

There is a chance of significantly higher kill numbers, as we have 2 guaranteed, the chance of people crashing on their own, and the likelihood the race leaders have of being attacked and suffering an elimination.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Two hours remain until the vote closes. Get your orders and votes in before then!

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    If qs is going to inactive out anyways why bother voting for them?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited June 2014

because 1/4 of the playerbase is likely mafia and others expect him to make a last minute reach for activity*.

or aren't paying attention/actively being lazy

Egos on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Plus, I'm pretty sure Egos was mistaken about that, as he appears to have been active per the rules both days so far, so far as I'm aware.

• Options
    I just said he wasn't active yesterady per the rules (that is no posts or vote). If there is no replacement available, if I'm reading this correctly he will be removed as this would be the second day.
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Inactivity

It is expected that players do at least two of the following three things each day to be considered sufficiently active: make at least two posts, make a vote, submit private actions. A warning will be sent on the first day that this requirement is not met, and a replacement will be made on the second consecutive day of inactivity or third day overall. If there are no replacements available, then the inactive player will be eliminated from the game. Inactive players will make no attacks and their actions will follow Balanced / Standard race settings.

• Options
    So frustrating to search on the phone, but Phyphor is usually more helpful in games like this I think.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I still think Assuran is the most suspicious of the people who are likely to win.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    just to clarify in terms of "third day overall"

Player is inactive on day 1
    Player is inactive on day 2
    No replacements are available.
    Is said player removed at the end of day 2/beginning of day 3?

I read it as "if a replacement is available they will come in on the third day" but wanted to make sure.

Egos on
  • Options
    I remain suspicious of MrT and, according to his rationale, benefit from voting out someone placed higher than me.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    I just said he wasn't active yesterady per the rules (that is no posts or vote). If there is no replacement available, if I'm reading this correctly he will be removed as this would be the second day.

You're right. I'm confused and thought his Day 2 vote was for Day 3.

Consequently, I'll join the MrT voters, as I think he's probably up to something.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Yes hello I got a new job and it is crazy because the person who used to have my job made promises he couldn't keep.

I hear that MrT is the hot vote for today, yessirr.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    What I'm up to is perfectly clear in thread.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Okay well I'm also suspicious of MrT and he is also pretty high in the rankings and also it's possible for him to be voted out today

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Hmm, part of me is suspicious of this late bandwagon, but I think I'll stick with it. Seems like MrT is doing some pretty wild fingerpointing.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Yes hello I got a new job and it is crazy because the person who used to have my job made promises he couldn't keep.

I hear that MrT is the hot vote for today, yessirr.

Yeah, I am unexpectedly back on nights after changing jobs so I could not be working nights anymore.

"Oh, no, I can only fit you in part-time," somehow led to 40 hours a week overnight. Suffice it to say that I'm not super-happy with how this move turned out.

• Options
    MrTLicious

to be safe

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    just to clarify in terms of "third day overall"

Player is inactive on day 1
    Player is inactive on day 2
    No replacements are available.
    Is said player removed at the end of day 2/beginning of day 3?

I read it as "if a replacement is available they will come in on the third day" but wanted to make sure.

A player will be removed from the game after two consecutive days of inactivity or after being inactive for three days at any time throughout a game. Granted, the latter condition doesn't matter as much in a game with a set, short length, but that's just a standard condition in my games.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    QS for preservation.

• Options
    Seems like MrT is doing some pretty wild fingerpointing.

What?

• Options
    Remember this shit.

People wagoning people for no reason and specifically not talking about the arguments.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    if i were the mafia, i would 100% try to vote me out.

it saves them from having to use their power on me, and it's pretty damn easy to gun for the frontrunner.
    it's also really easy to get the village to find any prominent figure suspicious.
    i mean, usually i try not to post this much, villager or mafia, just based on the "squeaky wheel gets voted out" principle.
    being #1 at racing makes this... well... difficult.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    But if villagers weren't attacking other people, they'd all be in contention for winning.

also, stop revealing my strategy!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    re: logic. part information gathering , part wrong place wrong time and part "you aren't making as much sense as usual"

you were one of the competing wagons with Trust. Albeit if things stayed tied Trust would have still died. You put in a late vote for Gizzy when it was clear she was going down. You are putting out logic that doesn't quite feel right to me at least. I feel like you tend to have more cohesive arguments when you are village, but maybe the tactics argument is just lost on me.

Information is gained either way you turn out.

Now if one gets enraged by "doesn't feel quite right to you". Well information is gained as said, it will be known that said stuff was said in earnest as opposed to an attempt to mislead.

edit: also you aren't doing poorly in the races...which doesn't help

Egos on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    So, this seems fairly similar to my Mario Kart game. Mafia didn't have a straight kill, cause that would just be broken. Same win condition, mafia take 1st, village loses. Stupid easy if there is an unrestricted kill, but it does seem like there is some kind of mafia elimination as Egos has highlighted.

I've looked at it a few ways and haven't quite matched up a lot of my theories, but I'll go with !QuestionablySane out of the votes since he was "behind" the last two nights mafia victims.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sir Fab, your vote post is suspicious

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Will Questionably Sane show up in the last 9 minutes? Last active at 1:04 am CDT. Anyone want to guess/take bets?

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Who knows

• Options
    holy god QS is high in the rankings. probably sent in MAX SPEED MAX BOOST day one and never came back.

• Options
    if there's a gimmick to the mafia eliminations, i hope it requires being ahead of their victim

'cause they'll never catch me

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Now you're just tempting fate :p