As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trader [Chat]s

TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

• Options
    5 minutes is not appropriate waiting time

@RMS Oceanic

ATTICA ATTICA

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Today was a Juicy Burger day.

Today was a good day.

• Options
    Today was a Juicy Burger day.

Today was a good day.

That is always a good day.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    MAEK WEBSITE IS HARD.

I haven new found respect for website designers... and I always had respect for them to begin with. because i respect people who have jobs.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I used to hand-code the HTML in all my websites

this CSS shit confuses and angers me, and I find myself beating on the computer monitor with a hominid's femur bone that I have somehow obtained

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

this CSS shit confuses and angers me, and I find myself beating on the computer monitor with a hominid's femur bone that I have somehow obtained

Man, 15 years ago, at least, I did that. i made a player page on Neopets and learned rudimentary HTML.

now i'm trying to make a quick and dirty interface and it just... it looks like hot garbage on a stick, no matter what i do...

But i'm not giving up!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Support the true chat thread!

Do not reward RMS Oceanic for premature echatulation!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    If it makes either of them feel better, I believe both chats are equally terrible and that should both be equally ashamed.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    One chat thread?

*faints*

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I would have made them fight to the death for chat.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Sorry Tav, I saw your last post in the old [chat] half an hour ago and lept to conclusions.

*Walk of shame*

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Sic semper tyrannis, Will!

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
  • Options
    Which one of yous is Fartacus?

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    5 minutes is not appropriate waiting time

"RMS Oceanic"‌

ATTICA ATTICA

Are you challenging him to swim into the middle of a choppy ocean channel with you?

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    If it makes either of them feel better, I believe both chats are equally terrible and that should both be equally ashamed.

My [chat] was ironically bad. You just didn't get it because I'm deep.

Uh-oh, accute hipstertosis.

• Options

hand coding HTML with CSS is still the way to go. It's just a different organization. A lot of stuff that used to be attributes on nodes gets moved to CSS. And you stop using tables.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    kedinik wrote: »

fypGf01.jpg

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

hand coding HTML with CSS is still the way to go. It's just a different organization. A lot of stuff that used to be attributes on nodes gets moved to CSS. And you stop using tables.

Riemann, I wanted to make a thing always on screen as i scrolled, but it ended up behind all the other elements at all time...

How do i order things?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The "berry" thing isn't as complex as social or gendered interactions, was where I think I was going with that. Like ranking it on a complexity scale it's much simpler than, I dunno, negotiating with another tribe member (though as I understand it, humans basically evolved to live in tiny communistic societies, so negotiation wasn't huge).

But yeah, certainly more complex than some other behaviors.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »

fypGf01.jpg

Funny, I just got the worst headache.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    So many hearthstone losses. I should stop.

• Options
    The Tex Murphy games are all up on Steam.

Those are the FMV Adventure games with Christopher Walken, right?

• Options
    Sister tweeting to an account of her friend's who died five years ago.

I have feels now.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    @surrealitycheck‌

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v8IvhwOJiE

Machine got zero booty, worst game 2/10 franchise ruined forever would not buy

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    So many hearthstone losses. I should stop.

The only appropriate reaction to losing is giving up entirely.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I meant stop playing right now.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    inherited behaviour would be a number of different things

the key point is that genes are very very slow to change so any complex organism has a whole series of smaller timescale loops which are much more sensitive

so you have the most distal loop, which is feedback through genetic change, sex and natural selection
    the medium loop, which would be feedback through epigenetic change, sex and natural selection (mainly small rna based and so on)
    then you have the shortest loop, which is direct modification of organismal behaviour through learned behaviour while its alive

a constructs b which begets c, and c feeds back to modify b which can then in turn lead to modofication of a

in a very general sense one can construct a very simple scenario: an aggressive human is more likely to kill an animal then a fairly calm one

aggression is fairly low-level and adjustable via hormonal and other means, so easy candidate for a gene dosage mechanism or hormonal mechanism or what have you. and thus changing one very generalised, low-level property of the brain could result in a situation where it is more likely for one sex to hunt than another without it specifically being a "hunting gene"

however, there are thousands of other things involved here. one very obvious one might be play behaviour: clearly some combination of system b and c would be involved here.

anyway until we have a good handle on the cross-generational epigenetic mechanisms, particularly the small inherited RNAs which appear to do most of the work rather than the previous focus on methylation, its all extremely out there. the big genetic effects will be at best horrible epistatic messes involving big complexes of genes (because the genetics of brain development are a fucking mess) and thus there will be very little clean dataz there

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    It's Friday the 13th! Into the shelter! D:

• Options
    I meant stop playing right now.

Yes, that's a good start.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    The show's title theme song was written by John Coda, who also composed the music cues to signify scene changes and commercial breaks for this series as well as Even Stevens. It was produced by Jeffrey "Def Jef" Fortson and Christopher B. Pearman and was performed by Raven-Symoné, Adrienne Bailon and Orlando Brown.

Each season had opening credits composed of footage from the episodes of that season. Each season also made an exception to the guideline by showing footage from the previous seasons, most of the time when it was needed. For example, if footage being shown was of the characters dancing, then footage of a character or characters would be shown. When originally broadcast, season two followed the guideline, but when season three began airing, the opening credits from season two were replaced with the opening credits from season three for daytime network rebroadcasts and subsequent syndication.

Each opening sequence, before going to the title card, always ended with the main cast being together (in clips that were not part of any episode). Seasons one, two, and three were of the Baxters sitting on their living room couch, and season four was of the Baxters (with the exception of Tanya), Eddie, and Chelsea coming down the Baxters' living room stairs.

At the end of the opening credits, Raven stands next to the title card and says, "Yep, that's me." This remained in season four, except with a new addition. Raven's catchphrase "thats nasty" was dubbed in right before she says, "Yep, that's me."

Raven-Symoné performs most of the theme, while Brown performs a rap near the end of the theme and some scattered vocals in the beginning of the theme. Adrienne Bailon sings the show's title in the chorus. A full-length version of this theme was heard in a music video which aired a few months before the show's U.S. premiere and also can be heard on the show's first soundtrack, released in 2004.

In Disney Channel Asia, an Asian version[clarification needed] of the show's theme song was made. The music video debuted on January 17, 2007, back-to-back with the 100th episode of That's So Raven. It also aired in China on CCTV as 那是因此掠夺.[2]

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm looking for an online to-do list (or one of those life gamification things). Is there any that people would recommend? Too frequently I forget things I'm supposed to do, or don't have a prioritized list to get to things.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »

fypGf01.jpg

I appreciate that the man dramatically leapt down onto the stage after shouting it.

All hobbling away with fractured legs for the sake of his stagecraft.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    The show's title theme song was written by John Coda, who also composed the music cues to signify scene changes and commercial breaks for this series as well as Even Stevens. It was produced by Jeffrey "Def Jef" Fortson and Christopher B. Pearman and was performed by Raven-Symoné, Adrienne Bailon and Orlando Brown.

Each season had opening credits composed of footage from the episodes of that season. Each season also made an exception to the guideline by showing footage from the previous seasons, most of the time when it was needed. For example, if footage being shown was of the characters dancing, then footage of a character or characters would be shown. When originally broadcast, season two followed the guideline, but when season three began airing, the opening credits from season two were replaced with the opening credits from season three for daytime network rebroadcasts and subsequent syndication.

Each opening sequence, before going to the title card, always ended with the main cast being together (in clips that were not part of any episode). Seasons one, two, and three were of the Baxters sitting on their living room couch, and season four was of the Baxters (with the exception of Tanya), Eddie, and Chelsea coming down the Baxters' living room stairs.

At the end of the opening credits, Raven stands next to the title card and says, "Yep, that's me." This remained in season four, except with a new addition. Raven's catchphrase "thats nasty" was dubbed in right before she says, "Yep, that's me."

Raven-Symoné performs most of the theme, while Brown performs a rap near the end of the theme and some scattered vocals in the beginning of the theme. Adrienne Bailon sings the show's title in the chorus. A full-length version of this theme was heard in a music video which aired a few months before the show's U.S. premiere and also can be heard on the show's first soundtrack, released in 2004.

In Disney Channel Asia, an Asian version[clarification needed] of the show's theme song was made. The music video debuted on January 17, 2007, back-to-back with the 100th episode of That's So Raven. It also aired in China on CCTV as 那是因此掠夺.[2]

HAIL HYDRA!

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I'm looking for an online to-do list (or one of those life gamification things). Is there any that people would recommend? Too frequently I forget things I'm supposed to do, or don't have a prioritized list to get to things.

HabitRPG is decent for that.

i'm using it until i make my own.

• Options
    (because the genetics of brain development are a fucking mess)

Lazy neuroscientists.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Shivahn wrote: »

HabitRPG is decent for that.

i'm using it until i make my own.

Are you gamifying gamification?

Spinning.jpg

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    V93S96C.jpg

Hard-hitting journalism from the LA Times.

• Options
    polish-vodka-ad.jpg

This discussion has been closed.