As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Australia, where winter is coming. And also Game of Thrones, months after everywhere else.

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Good advice. My phone battery life has gone to absolute shit lately over the past couple of months, so I carry around one of those permanently and it is super useful.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I also am a person that has a portable USB charging dealie. Two in fact, but one is actually the wireless charge base for a bluetooth speaker and really only gives about half a charge.

We're all USB recharger buddies! Yay!

• Options
    For anyone looking for something to do on the Thursday before PAX.

• Options
    $20 pizzas? They had better be ginormous and delicious.

• Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I bet that by "Pacman Pizza", they mean that the waiter just takes a slice before delivering it to your table

Awko on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah I should probably get myself a portable battery for my phone. It'll last a day if I just use it as a phone, but the moment any photos or social media starts happening it drops much quicker.

• Options
    Also, Melbourne folks, anyone interested in a one-session tabletop RPG game during the week before PAX? Probably on sunday, monday or tuesday. Kincaid and Seguer are already down for it, just need at least a couple more folks!

• Options
    @cyvros @apocalyptus lookin' at you two :3

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Awko wrote: »
    I bet that by "Pacman Pizza", they mean that the waiter just takes a slice before delivering it to your table

That man is a genius.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    If you're hurting for ginormous delicious pizzas near PAX I recommend Mojo's Weird Pizza in Port Melbourne.

I dunno if you can actually eat there because I always got it delivered but yeah I love their pizzas so much.

broken image link
  • Options
    Just get it delivered to PAX

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Also, Melbourne folks, anyone interested in a one-session tabletop RPG game during the week before PAX? Probably on sunday, monday or tuesday. Kincaid and Seguer are already down for it, just need at least a couple more folks!
    Should be able to do one of those days (probably not Sunday though, as I have a group seminar to deliver the Monday at Uni). Where are you thinking of holding it?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Should be able to do one of those days (probably not Sunday though, as I have a group seminar to deliver the Monday at Uni). Where are you thinking of holding it?

Well if Nick is joining us we can probably do it at his, assuming he has a table of half-decent size. Seguer and I will already be there, after all.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    I can at least confirm that Nick has a table.

• Options
    And it's big enough to play poker on and drink Kraken Rum off of...

• Options
    The game I have in mind doesn't require too much space, so any table would do really.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Is using the table better than using a glass?

pimento on
  • Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular

Now that sounds like my kind of RPG.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The return of Big Bertha Begins.

• Options
    Kincaid wrote: »

Now that sounds like my kind of RPG.

Considering the RPG I have in mind has you playing a bunch of regular folk going travelling...

Yeah that'd work.

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    The return of Big Bertha Begins.
    Big Bertha would go straight through that table

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Does anyone know about restrictions on flying with opened alcohol (uncorked whisky)?
    Can I pack that in checked luggage, surely not in carry on. I hate carry on though.

• Options
    Opened I'm not sure about, but I've had sealed bottles [plural in one bag on one flight] in carry on with no issues. If you're checking and carrying, suggest you get ask at check in, as I'm pretty sure that carry on will be fine so check in will be even more fine. Probably.

• Options
    The only thing I could find is that it needs to be in its commercial packaging.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was watching an old top gear episode while painting and they had Eric Bana on and I kept waiting for him to correct Jeremy Clarkson's pronunciation of Bathurst but he didn't

it's still annoying me two hours later.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Awww yeah Melbourne I am going to be in you soon! Boo yah!

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    According to this casa.gov.au/SCRIPTS/NC.DLL?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_100515 Alcohol is OK checked or carry-on.

Internationally, you are limited to 100ml. travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au/international/lags/

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    So on the Wednesday night before PAX (29th October), there'll be a Child's Play Trivia Night. Only found out about it yesterday (turns out one of the organisers is a friend of a friend). You can book individually for one of the mixed bag tables or if there are eight of us, we can grab a table to ourselves.

Is anyone else going to be around and interested? (I think @Seguer‌ said he's down for it.) I've put a column for it in the Adventures tab of the PAX Aus spreadsheet.

• Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    @Cyvros yep.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    pray tell, what are these kangaroo cookings what are mentioned on the thursday?

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Image links are hard

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    theSquid wrote: »
    pray tell, what are these kangaroo cookings what are mentioned on the thursday?

hah, I was going to mention that today.

During the day, at a venue I haven't worked out yet, board/card games and cooking/eating the shit out of some kangaroo. Probably start at like 11? go through to 5 or 6ish depending on venue.

• Options
    My everything hurts.
    I am burnt and did exercise on the weekend. It is okay though because we fucking won laser tag.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sounds good Anze, I might be up for that

• Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    Anyone want to buy a 3 day pass for cost? A friend of mine has one he doesn't need.

11776-1.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Urgh fuck. Muscles I haven't used in years.
    I am planning to start running again soon, but right now I live in Surry Hills and it is hills for days.

Mostly I just need some proper clothes to run in (got shoes now).

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Yea Sydney's lumpy like that. If you want flat times, head for water. There's running paths around most of it.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Yea Sydney's lumpy like that. If you want flat times, head for water. There's running paths around most of it.

As someone who lives on the coast, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I mean, the harbour is nice for flatness, but yeah

• Options
    Yea I mean more the harbour and up the river. Some nice paths and whatnot around there.

This discussion has been closed.