As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Australia, where winter is coming. And also Game of Thrones, months after everywhere else.

• Options
    EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing ひきこもり Where the Crabbits and the Iz roam and the Jungle Queen rules the plainsRegistered User regular
    http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/perth.shtml

In about the same amount of time it takes to open an app i can have the word straight from the horses mouth.

Also, libraries are for wimps. Assembler ftw. ;)

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Weather forecast problems are quickly solved by never going outside.

Doesn't help with summer though.
    Keep getting too many Watts all bouncing around my esky of a room.

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Weather forecast problems are quickly solved by never going outside.

Given how poorly my Matlab code was working today, I won't have to worry about weather this weekend. :(

工事中
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Let it be known that @Mr Fuzzbutt is a traitor.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/perth.shtml

In about the same amount of time it takes to open an app i can have the word straight from the horses mouth.

But that's why I use Pocket Weather. It uses BOM data.

Also, it's more comprehensive than the BOM's usual forecast pages. It has graphs of how the temperature is forecast to change hour by hour, along with more details on rain and wind predictions. Plus easy access to the weather radar!

I was not paid for this advertisement.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Let it be known that @Mr Fuzzbutt is a traitor.

Sydney is pretty alright!

broken image link
  • Options
    EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing ひきこもり Where the Crabbits and the Iz roam and the Jungle Queen rules the plainsRegistered User regular
    After a pretty shitty year and an absolutely horrid last couple of months I finally have a little bit of sunshine.

Her name is Doris.
    ... or Dorothy or Deloris. I'm not sure yet.
    6fbf1HI.jpg

I picked her up on Thursday night. Her last owner was a little neglegent and she has some minor bumps and bruises and for her trouble she's been locked in a garage for a year or so. Nothing I can't fix.
    DL'd the service manual yesterday morning and a few minor adjustments and she was good to go in the arvo.
    Hillarys and back from Rocko took more of a toll on me than her. Blew the cobwebs out of both of us.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    She looks kinda like a Debbie to me!

Nice ride, mate!

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Lets go for a ride or six when I'm over there!

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Hey everyone I'm not showing anything at PAX but you can have a PAX at your house right now because I just put a new build of a video game on the internet http://impromptugames.com/spacething-a-new-project-with-a-playable-build/

*vanishes*

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Oh Melbourne. You would wait until I have guests to bucket down...

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    You gonna come hang out at PAX Joe?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FYI, per @PA Jamie‌ Twitch will be streaming the Main Theater this year, which is cool because there's no chance in hell I'll get to Australia anytime soon.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Also, that music on that video for Space Thing is delightfully perfect.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Kincaid wrote: »
    Oh Melbourne. You would wait until I have guests to bucket down...

GG if you wanted to get public transport anywhere this morning.

Or drive anywhere for that matter.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

I got to the MCEC!

• Options
    Only an hour late.

• Options
    Spiced HamSpiced Ham Registered User regular
    I tried looking back through the thread but I'm being lazy or dumb this morning. What time is everyone showing up for Hofbrauhaus?

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    We're there now

• Options
    Crap, I'm going to be about four and a half days late, can you order me a beer please?

• Options
    Spiced HamSpiced Ham Registered User regular
    Kincaid wrote: »
    We're there now

I haven't even done my hair!

• Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Crap, I'm going to be about four and a half days late, can you order me a beer please?
    That beer is going to be so warm

• Options
    Awko wrote: »
    pimento wrote: »
    That beer is going to be so warm

It's Melbourne, it won't be that warm.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It may however have been struck by lightning...

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    So I can't go. Super bummed.
    Are certain theaters going to be streamed on twitch like Prime and East?

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'll be wandering around PAX, probs get some hangs done

• Options
    Morblitz wrote: »
    So I can't go. Super bummed.
    Are certain theaters going to be streamed on twitch like Prime and East?

I believe it's been stated that the main theatre will be streamed.

• Options
    Yes the main theatre at the least will be streamed! There might be some of the other theatres, but not official confirmation yet.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I'm from Sydney and I've never been to melbourne so I'll be pretty clueless. Also I'm neck deep in exams and essays for the next two weeks, so forgive me in advance if I'm tired or groggy

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Is not paying for trams still the done thing in Melbourne or have they clamped down on that?

• Options
    It's still pretty much the done thing as long as you're not getting off at a major stop in the cbd.

The inspectors almost never board the trams, they just wait until you get off and then check your Myki

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    What's the card that you use in melbourne called? Because I'm thinking I might still have mine from last year buried amongst all my stuff.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Myki. I'm still amazed at how many people in Melbourne don't like the card system. I get that Myki was a complete and total fuck up on several levels, but having a card system is amazing. You don't have to stand there for 5 minutes getting on a bus while half the people buy a ticket.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Paper tickets were the worst.

Tiny scratch or crease on the magnetic strip of your monthly ticket and you were fucked.

• Options
    Sydney's beepy-cards finally cover the buses I catch. All they need to do now is get the light rail on it and I'll be able to use all four PT options with one card.

Only taken them 10 years or so.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Now if only our public transport didn't cost a fucking fortune to go anywhere. It should not cost over $4 to go 5 stops on a train, and yet it does.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Well, someone's gotta pay for all the lawsuits and cocking about that it took to get the Opeth cards in.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    myki is actually get a minor improvement in terms of ease of access to cards (you'll be able to get seniors, child or concession cards from machines finally, plus the cards will look flashier), but that's only rolling out next month. There are still some fairly glaring flaws with it (e.g. you can pay a ticket fine on a tram, but you can't buy a myki or top one up on a tram). I do have a soft spot for myki, though.

Edit: I wish we had something more like KL's system, though, where they actually have single use tickets. But they're little round plastic tokens instead of cards! And when you're done with it, you drop it into a slot in the ticket barriers and the token gets reused.
    Spiced Ham wrote: »
    I tried looking back through the thread but I'm being lazy or dumb this morning. What time is everyone showing up for Hofbrauhaus?

The booking's for 7.15.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    When I first caught the train in Sydney from the airport on rang Ross and told him I couldn't work the ticketing machine because it told me I had to pay 14 dollars for the ticket and I was convinced i made an error.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    When I first caught the train in Sydney from the airport on rang Ross and told him I couldn't work the ticketing machine because it told me I had to pay 14 dollars for the ticket and I was convinced i made an error.

Yeah that shit is super expensive.

On a related note, I think Perth's Smart Rider cards for public transport are pretty great. It's probably a head fuck for anyone on holiday though

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
This discussion has been closed.