As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's a new SE++ [Football] thread. Post there.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Hey, I know Leicester winning the league is nearly a miracle, but let's not get carried away with this talk of Howard keeping a clean sheet. He got dropped by Everton for months for a good reason.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    NYCFC have won 3 straight and are tied at the top of the Eastern Conference with the Montreal Impact. I know its only May but its not to see positive results early on.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Alan Pardew

Wanker

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Man, I don't get what's wrong with that. Yes, they did go on to lose, but what's wrong with a funny little dance? That was a great moment.

Goose! on
  • Options
  • Options
    No, he's bad because he's a garbage person. But the studio analyst on FOX was basically giving like an unwritten rules type speech after the game saying wait until the game is over to dance. Hell with that.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    That dance might be the only endearing thing Alan Pardew has ever done, it's pretty great.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Copa america tomorrow

Then euros

Then the Olympics

Summer is here!

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I'm going to see, at a minimum, USA vs. Colombia and Argentina vs. Chile.

This will be the first time I've ever seen the US in person. I'm very excited and anxious.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    You'll have to let me know if Messi still just walks with a careless nonchalance any time he's not directly involved in the play. I've never seen anyone do so little off the ball without any apparent interest in joining the play as he did when I saw him in 2010, but then the ball would come his way and then it was suddenly everyone else that looked like they were standing still.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    His spirit animal is a possum

• Options
    I'm going to US vs Paraguay and the Final.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Vamos Estados Unidos esta noche tenemos que ganar

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Euro starts today at 9 PM (local time, that's in 5 hours, 40 minutes) with France vs. Romania!

I wasn't that into it, but then I got roped into doing the fantasy football thing at work, so I needed to read up on teams and players and now I'm pretty excited.

• Options
    The US vs. Colombia game was pretty meh, and last Friday was brutally fucking hot here. (My car registered 101 on the way there.) Last Monday's Argentina vs. Chile was much more fun, despite Messi not playing. I wish Chile had gotten that goal a little earlier, though.

Since I got the "venue pass" for Levi's Stadium, I also have tickets for Monday's Uruguay vs. Jamaica game, which, well didn't quite expect both of those teams to be eliminated at this point. I'm still going to go, though. The quarterfinal is shaping up to be Mexico versus someone from Group D (hopefully Argentina or Chile), so suffice it to say I've put those up on StubHub and I'm hoping they'll cover my costs.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    How about them Euros

Lloris with an important save already

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Romania have started very well.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    France has started both halves in complete neutral.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Man, France looks lethal so long as they're not playing D.

• Options
    Great goal from Payet

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Beautiful

• Options
    France have a very strong team

The host country psychology is either gonna make this heaven or hell for them

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Damn, that was a good goal by France.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I saw most of the match, but my stream cut out for about a minute right before the Romania penalty. I still had sound and could hear the commentary of the foul, but didn't get picture back until after the restart. Ugh.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    My prediction was 2:1, on the basis of the French defense just not being that good and especially not in harmony (like everyone said before).

I don't see France winning this tournament unless they improve a lot and get over their nerves (that was quite obvious in the first half yesterday). A better team could capitalize more on their missed passes and so on.

For today, I'm thinking
    Wales : Slovakia 1:1
    Switzerland : Albania 3:0
    England : Russia I really don't know, I guess 1:0 as the boring pick. I can see both teams being surprisingly good or surprisingly bad this tournament. I'm leaning more towards England pulling some sort of team out of their individual good players.

Grobian on
  • Options
    Heading up to Philly. I think I'm sitting with the American outlaws

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Man, you cannot let Hamsik have a free run like that.

• Options
    Oh England. . .

• Options
    The Hodge is gonna Hodge

• Options
    Some nasty stuff happened in the Velodrome after the match

• Options
    Gracias los Ticos!

And how about that John Brooks?

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    just absolutely classic England that

looking forward to the turgid quarter final draw and loss on penalties

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    just absolutely classic England that

looking forward to the turgid quarter final draw and loss on penalties

I had assumed that already happened, based on the first part of your post.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    What the hell is it with this tournament and hooligans? In addition to the Elngand-Russia clashes there were also clashes between French and Welch hooligans last night and Germans and Ukrainians today.

• Options
    It's all in good fun la

Just a bit of banter

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    What the hell is it with this tournament and hooligans? In addition to the Elngand-Russia clashes there were also clashes between French and Welch hooligans last night and Germans and Ukrainians today.

The security for this tournament seems to amount to having police in riot gear standing around and occasionally lobbing tear gas.

The way to cut this shit out is to start very early; stop the people travelling to fight from even entering the country, containing trouble when it starts rather than getting into fights with the idiots and giving them what they want, making sure there is adequate transport away from the ground after the game, keeping fans seperate from opposing fans, making sure you don't schedule games like this late at night after a full day of drinking, and most importantly, don't let people into the fucking stadium with gumshields, mma fighting gloves, and hand axes.

Ultimately the people causing the trouble are to blame, but the organization has done almost nothing to effectively prevent it. You almost never see trouble like this in England anymore, and even England away games are largely trouble free, because the British police got pretty good at dealing with it.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Everything you said is probably practiced in every European country, I can't imagine the French don't know it. I can imagine the usual procedures taking a back seat to anti terrorism measures.

• Options
    Strong contender for pass of the tournament that Italy assist

• Options
    Belgium vs Italy has been a cracking game so far.

• Options
    Italy are gonna win the whole thing