As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] I can't believe it's you! Posting here! Next to me!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    So here's something I've never been clear on. I'm loading the HD Texture Optimized mod(which uses the Bethesda esps)

do the Bethesda textures override other HD texture packs?

Also I was wondering there was a way in game to tell which texture was getting loaded from where. I have a bunch and I'm trying to pin down some textures I don't like

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    ?.jpeg
    How do I get rid of that thing with their noses and see their eyes better?
    ?.jpeg
    I step outside, vampires are attack, then a dragon sticks its head down and breathes fire into my face. Half through that battle, a guy with the name "hired thug" comes into town, says something snarky I don't remember, and attacks. Then his buddy shoes up, then two more. I find its that lady in town who I pickpocketed for the lulz, she hired 4 mercenaries to kill me. So there are I am, streets filled with bodies, and a dead dragon.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Sounds like a Tuesday in Skyrim.

Excuse me. Tirdas. Thursday being Turdas makes me giggle.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    So....finished opening that castle, after much getting my ass handed to me (might need more combat perks or better weapons) I run east toward Riften, run from a bear, and accidentally hit Alt + Tab and sort of freeze "Your Money or Your Life." Someone from the college game me some gear but the screen stayed black while I hear him getting mauled by the bear.

Oh, yesterday, I shot an arrow at another bear, but it went over him and landed on the ground next to a trio of storm cloak. The bear ran their direction and massacred the poor lass while her friends avenged her.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    How do I get rid of that thing with their noses and see their eyes better?
    The thing with the noses is the compressed normal maps that the vanilla game shipped with. I believe the official HD DLC included better normals. If you have at least 1GB of VRAM on your video card, there isn't much reason to not download either that or Bethesda Hi Res DLC Optimized. Alternately, you should install XCE, which, among other nifty things, includes No More Blocky Faces.

I don't know what the deal is with those eyes.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I had the whole thing in the mage guild quest
    where the archmage is killed and thrown outside

interrupted by a dragon attack

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I finally started Falskaar. The author made it way more picturesque than anywhere in Skyrim.
    30E41EC6A1B5A440B093B47A829DF4A05398C68E

• Options
    No Qa'Dojo! Stop attacking, no! LYDIA NO!

Fuck!

*reloads earlier save*

Now to make my way *thwack thwack thwack*

DAMMIT!

Thank heavens this game automatically saves so often.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Wow, Dawnguard just kinda ends, doesn't it?

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I finished Dawnguard(mainly because I got tired of that whole vampire killing people who might be merchants thing) but yeah, that was one big slog.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I finished Dawnguard(mainly because I got tired of that whole vampire killing people who might be merchants thing) but yeah, that was one big slog.

I use the mod Timing is Everything and set the level for vampire attacks on towns to start at level 80, which I never reach before restarting. It's been very nice. I still get random vampire events outside of cities and I do not miss the vampire attacks in cities at all.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Yes, meeting vampires while traveling at night is cool and can be frightening depending on how difficult your mod settings have made them.

Having vampires show up in cities and towns is never anything other than a mess.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    One of my best uses of Random Alternate Start had me begin in the bottom of a cave, fight my way out from rats, then when I get out I find myself smack in the middle of a group of vampires camping out in front.

Then the dragon showed up.

• Options
    IT HAS COME TO PASS

SORT OF

SOMEBODY'S WORKING ON IT AT LEAST

I think they're looking for permissions, @Ashe, if you haven't talked to them.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Why did this take so long

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Monger wrote: »
    IT HAS COME TO PASS

SORT OF

SOMEBODY'S WORKING ON IT AT LEAST

I think they're looking for permissions, @Ashe, if you haven't talked to them.

Ooh, thanks for letting me know. I think my Nexus messages may be overly full!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm liking Mod Organizer solely for the fact that I can do this.
    mod_id,mod_installed_name,mod_version,file_installed_name
    -1,"1nivWICCloaks","",""
    -1,"3DNPC","",""
    -1,"ApachiiHair","",""
    -1,"Auto Unequip Ammo","",""
    -1,"better hunting prices","",""
    8003,"Complete Crafting Overhaul","1.12.0","Complete Crafting Overhaul 1-1-2-8003-1-12.rar"
    14950,"Convenient Horses","5.0.0","Convenient Horses v5_0-14950-5-0.zip"
    -1,"Dawnguard","",""
    -1,"daymoyl","",""
    3829,"Deadly Dragons","6.3.5",""
    -1,"Dr_Bandolier","",""
    -1,"Dragonborn","",""
    8361,"Expanded Jewelry Crafting","2.30.0","Expanded Jewelry Crafting Main File-8361-2-30.7z"
    50376,"Extended Encounters","1.2.0","Extended Encounters 1_2-50376-1-2.zip"
    33391,"Face Masks of Skyrim","1.1.0","Face Masks of Skyrim-33391-1-1.7z"
    -1,"FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul","",""
    -1,"HearthFires","",""
    -1,"Height Adjusted Races - Morrowind Lore Heights","",""
    -1,"HighResTexturePack01","",""
    -1,"HighResTexturePack02","",""
    -1,"HighResTexturePack03","",""

-1,"Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra","",""
    -1,"Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation","",""
    -1,"ImprovedSkillBooks","",""
    -1,"item sorting hf with weightless items","",""
    21720,"Left Hand Rings","1.4.0","Left Hand Rings v1_4-21720-1-4.7z"
    -1,"MoonAndStar_MAS","",""
    18045,"My Home Is Your Home - a mod for followers","1.21.0","MHYH_121-18045-1-21.zip"
    30,"No More Blocky Faces","1.5.0","No_More_Blocky_Faces-1_50-30-1-5.7z"
    -1,"NoxUE2","",""
    -1,"populated prisons","",""
    -1,"portal2mod","",""
    -1,"poshmudcrabs","",""
    -1,"Run For Your Lives","",""
    -1,"SkyrimConfigMenu","",""
    -1,"skyui","",""
    0,"Smithing Perks Overhaul","1.11.0","E:/Games/Nexus Mod Manager/Skyrim/Mods/Smithing Perks Overhaul 1-1-1-6047.rar"
    -1,"Sneak Tools","",""
    -1,"Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods","",""
    -1,"Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks","",""
    -1,"SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim","",""
    50005,"Torcs","1.7.0","Torcs-50005-1-7.zip"
    -1,"UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul","",""
    -1,"Unofficial Dawnguard Patch","",""
    -1,"Unofficial Dragonborn Patch","",""
    25127,"Unofficial Hearthfire Patch-25127-2-0-7a","2.0.7a","Unofficial Hearthfire Patch-25127-2-0-7a.7z"
    -1,"Unofficial Skyrim Patch","",""
    -1,"VioLens","",""
    -1,"WeaponsOf3E","",""
    26230,"WeaponsOf3E Compatibility Patch-26230-0-26","1.12.0","Complete_Crafting_Overhaul_Compatibility_Patch-26230-0-24.7z"
    -1,"zzz_Jenassa_MAKEOVER_by83Willow","",""

1 step

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    But then people can see how many horse genitalia mods you have.

• Options
    Damn, the village added by the moon and star mod was so well done, I walked right through it and didn't realize it.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

"Convenient Horses" is another way of saying "Easy Horses", if you know what I mean.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    #1 Screw you both....which is probably a spell I can cast on a horse thanks to someone out there.

#2 Which spell mod do you people recommend?

#3 I get so lost in this game's fun, need to break it up with some shooting people in corridors.

#4 I want a caster gun and complicated quest and process to create its shells and enchant them. (Hello and goodbye Mr. Dragon)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAQReGa14O0
    #5 Are there any armor or weapon mods with real world cultural themes OTHER than Japan? Indian Chakrams, Maori clubs or tooth swords, chinese hook swords, etc.?

edit: Fuck Christopher Columbus for screwing up this google search.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

"Convenient Horses" is another way of saying "Easy Horses", if you know what I mean.
    Making babies!

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    #1 Screw you both....which is probably a spell I can cast on a horse thanks to someone out there.

Check out Forgotten Magic: Redone

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Why did this take so long

Making capes look somewhere even remotely similar to actual cloth is way harder than making boobies bounce. Also, boobies. I will say that although I haven't tried the capes one yet, I do love the HDT weapons... makes them look so much freaking better.

I personally use Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim, along with SPERG which has been talked about to no end in this thread. Apocalypse adds new spells which are generally pretty cool, especially because there are lots of utility spells that make the lesser used schools way more interesting.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    I'm just pissed my Illusion skill is getting no love this time around. But first, finding fortify speechcraft and fortify lockpicking enchantments so I can dart about this embassy. Using fancy rich clothing and gloves to get the effect. Kind of miss being able to name my shit like in Morrowind.
    Me: Like my Bob Boots of running? Made them myself
    Lydia: Uhh, nice. But why are they called Bob Boots?
    Me: Because I ripped the soul of this guy named Bob from his fleshy form and stuck it into a black soul stone. Then I enchanted these boots with it. You can still hear him scream, reliving the knife through his heart.
    Bob: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Lydia:Nice

Stuck in a quest with an essential NPC who won't die and won't fight, even though I've obeyed the deal and broken it several times. Tried using the console but it doesn't work. Gonna try to restart the quest from an earlier save and hopefully murder her.

• Options
    You can name items you enchant. I want to say you have to press F, but I'm not sure. It should say in the bottom right.

Unrelated, but Tend0, the creator of SkyRe, put out a new mod called Perkus Maximus. I haven't tried it yet or even finished reading the description. So far, it seems more ambitious, but a little more focused.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I don't think I'll be trying that one. Nothing against the guy personally, but I've kinda been soured by all the mods I can't use because they are not compatible with SkyRe or require extremely tedious work-arounds.

SPERG does what I want and has no conflicts that I've yet to see. Aside from the stupid stealth bug, but I've already fixed that thanks to this thread.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    I intend to try it out, but I don't expect it to replace SPERG. After reading up on it, I think he might be overreaching again.

• Options
    Ewwww.

The perk masteries that "are mutually exclusive and persist through respecs" are an enormous turnoff.

• Options
    I appreciate his ambition, but if your mod requires me to download a separate Java program, run it for potentially an hour or more to generate some stuff, and start a new game, then it had better be something really special. This does not fit my criteria.

(Also, I gotta be honest, the attitude bursting out of his writing makes me think "OK, I'm done here" about five sentences in.)

• Options
    I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed by Perkus Maximus, because when I read about it, it sounded like it was going to be a more lightweight version of Skyrim Redone. What has been released actually just seems to be another Skyrim Redone, only he did some stuff differently than was done last time.

I'm still curious to give it a go, as I thought SkyRe had some interesting ideas, and after reading up on it, it does sound like he took some cues from Requiem (though not de-leveling the world), so who knows? It could be awesome, though I can't imagine any mod so awesome that I'm willing to wait for it to patch for an hour every time I make a mod change.

• Options
    Prefer mods that are, well, modular.

There's a really, really strong possibility that I will hate one or more aspects of your "idealized perfected skyrim" so bundling everything into one mega-mod means that it will contain elements I hate.

Making mods that address one thing at a time allows everyone who likes that change to use it, without foisting all your other preferences people.

Obviously, you can make your mod however you like. I'm just saying, these far-reaching mods that try to fix everything are super unappealing to me.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I also find that when you try and rebalance Skyrim, a lighter touch is better way to go about things.

• Options
    Any mods that add some drama to owning your home? I mean, I know there's some more quests after I get married and get one up and running, but maybe having to rush back and repair it after a harried night of attacks? Or do I want a base like that?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    When Hearthstone was first released, Chase had that plug-in where you had to pay your mortgage to the ruling Jarl. Sometimes they wouldn't register the gold so you'd lose your home.

• Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    Oh god, what have I done, it's pulling me back in....

Spent some time looking for some female textures that don't make you look like a barbie doll or an airbrushed model. I think I'm happy with this.

665527-1416611180.jpg

Also, check out these guns. :P

665527-1416611314.jpg

• Options
    Olorin wrote: »
    Also, check out these guns. :P

I won't lie, I was expecting screenshots of literal guns modded into Skyrim.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Better than some of the internet's waifus.

edit: Every time I go to this alien invader mod idea of humans from other worlds and other clothing, I quickly loose myself in exploring fashion of various periods of history. I mean, if we appropriate the fall of the Roman empire in 6th century CE as an approximation, then any time period would work, but for fun and game balance, limit to a time before automatic weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-HD5gMgeU

This was supposed to be me rocketing into the sky and recovering on the way down. Disappointed, will try again later.

Edit: I've finally gathered all but one of my posse and we massacred a dragon and dragon priest named Muize?

Might have to leave the sorceress at home, she keepss nuking the team.

RoyceSraphim on