As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] I can't believe it's you! Posting here! Next to me!

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Oh, on the actual topic:

I'm doing the main quest on this character and having that first chat with Paarthurnax, and am once again reminded how totally fucking unacceptable Delphine's demand is. Just thinking about it makes me want to setessential 0 her ass and fus her right off a mountain and watch her go splat.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Oh, on the actual topic:

I'm doing the main quest on this character and having that first chat with Paarthurnax, and am once again reminded how totally fucking unacceptable Delphine's demand is. Just thinking about it makes me want to setessential 0 her ass and fus her right off a mountain and watch her go splat.

Dragonslayers gotta slay.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    Oh, on the actual topic:

Dragonslayers gotta slay.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. Delphine is no dragon slayer, she's a failed CIA spook.

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Oh, on the actual topic:

Arthmoor to the rescuuuue: The Paarthurnax Dilemma.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    "HEEEY everyone, here's MLGPROGAMER420 with another <thisgame> guide for all of my peeps" all the while moving the mouse around his desktop.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ashe wrote: »
    Oh, on the actual topic:

Arthmoor to the rescuuuue: The Paarthurnax Dilemma.

This mod renders the situation less aggravating but it doesn't really redeem Delphine. Still want to launch her off a cliff.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Think I finally got all the mod stuff sorted out. Starting a new game seamed to get the texture mod working. Looks really nice now. Only issue seams to be a bit of stuttering when looking around occasionally, even though my fps stays at 45+. Also, the mouse movement seams to be a bit floaty or something, but I think I'm going to play with a controller which negates this problem.

Now to actually start playing the game!

• Options
    Think I finally got all the mod stuff sorted out. Starting a new game seamed to get the texture mod working. Looks really nice now. Only issue seams to be a bit of stuttering when looking around occasionally, even though my fps stays at 45+. Also, the mouse movement seams to be a bit floaty or something, but I think I'm going to play with a controller which negates this problem.

And by "texture mod" you mean the all-nude-lesbian-world mod, right?

I keed I keed.

But seriously, welcome to the world of Skyrim modding. Don't look in the closet. Or under the bed. Or under the rug. Or behind the sofa.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I keed I keed.

But seriously, welcome to the world of Skyrim modding. Don't look in the closet. Or under the bed. Or under the rug. Or behind the sofa.

And especially not at whats happening on the bed.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    On the bed is way too vanilla for Skyrim mods.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I am fearful of the number of people and work hours devoted to crafting a phallus for every creature in skyrim, much less animating it.

I am actually annoyed that so much of that content is devoid of story.

Anyone else notice how several hours into them game it devolves into a mishmash of crafting, dressup and more crafting and more dressup?

I'm also running into a lot more female followers in the vanilla game than in interesting npcs. Dammit, where's that fucking monk?

I suddenly regret not downloading a mod that added more civilian clothes. I don't feel fancy enough.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I know the troll/werewolf wang was made in like an hour and it was made just 'cause. The guy was just practicing making some 3D models, of which he stopped doing for a while now.

Really though, Fiddy is the only follow you really need.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It's important for everything to have a wang because what you may not have realized is that fucking spiders, wolves, bears, trolls, and (especially) charus is really unbelievably popular with the sex mod people.

-edit-

In other news, I'm considering making a custom version of immersive weapons in which I take a hatchet (lol) to the overabundance of japanese shit in it. It's like, suggest ever so slightly that the akavari might be a little bit eastern and BOOM suddenly akavar is literally japan.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I know the troll/werewolf wang was made in like an hour and it was made just 'cause. The guy was just practicing making some 3D models, of which he stopped doing for a while now.

And, I mean, when you're practicing making some 3D models, obviously the default thing you go for is werewolf wang.

• Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    So I just got a glitch I had not seen before, but apparently it is common: the blood stain on my steel axe flickers on its left side (visible when holding in right hand).

Anyone else experience this? I tried validating files. Any possible fixes without scripted mods?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    In other news, I'm considering making a custom version of immersive weapons in which I take a hatchet (lol) to the overabundance of japanese shit in it. It's like, suggest ever so slightly that the akavari might be a little bit eastern and BOOM suddenly akavar is literally japan.
    Nearly all of the Japanese weapons in Immersive Weapons are from Weapons of the Third Era and are remakes of weapons from Morrowind, in which Japanese weapons were pretty common. Lore-wise, the Empire adopted a significant amount of Akaviri culture and began producing knockoff katanas and other weapons after the Akaviri Dragonguard pledged allegiance to Reman I and became the Blades. As I understand it, it's actually supposed to be way more common than depicted in Skyrim or Oblivion, especially.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Monger wrote: »
    Nearly all of the Japanese weapons in Immersive Weapons are from Weapons of the Third Era and are remakes of weapons from Morrowind, in which Japanese weapons were pretty common. Lore-wise, the Empire adopted a significant amount of Akaviri culture and began producing knockoff katanas and other weapons after the Akaviri Dragonguard pledged allegiance to Reman I and became the Blades. As I understand it, it's actually supposed to be way more common than depicted in Skyrim or Oblivion, especially.

Morrowind was full of Japanese style weapons. It went beyond the standard katana too which was nice. Its version of Orcish armor also was inspired by samurai armor. That plus the Roman inspired stuff did a lot to make the Empire feel like an Empire and not just another fantasy kingdom. They were just an accepted part of the gear you'd find in the Empire and nothing special or exotic.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Even if it was in Morrowind, I find the literally japan aspect of immersive weapons to be non-immersive.

Just pulls me right out of the game by being too obviously earth-derived.

-edit-

The whole "Have you seen those warriors from Hammerfell, they've got curved swords! Curved swords!"

Just becomes ridiculous when 90% of Skyrim has a curved tanto, wakizashi, or katana hanging off their belt. It's complete overkill.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Running without IW helps keep my Akaviri samurai the freakish outlander she's supposed to be. :)

Oh, and Ms. Fong? You might be pleased by this snippet, in progress:

----

"Stand up." When Delphine made no move to do so, Tora suddenly lashed out with one foot, kicking the chair over and nearly spilling the older woman to the floor. As the startled and angry Blade struggled to regain her footing and put hand to sword, she saw that the outlander had already drawn hers.

"Perhaps I have not been heard. Listen now and understand. I am Dragonguard and Dragonborn. It was my blood that opened this temple. It is my hand, my blade and my voice that slays. And it is I who command here, not you."

"You... you stupid girl," Delphine gritted. "You have no idea..."

"STOP." The single word filled all of Sky Haven, rattling weapons in their racks and dishes on the long table. Tora spoke softly into the echoing silence. "In my homeland, one who acted with such disrespect might be invited to make apology with their own sword." She let the statement hang a moment, then reversed and sheathed her katana. "But we are not in Akavir. And you are not the Dragonguard I hoped to find. Many things here are strange and new to me. So I have been patient. I have listened, and I have done as you asked." Her gaze flicked to Esbern, who had remained quiet so far. "But that was out of respect for your wisdom, not because I am your servant. An Emperor may have advisors, yet he rules, not they."

"So you're the Emperor now." Delphine had recovered at least some of her usual bitter sarcasm along with her wits.

"No. I am Dragonborn. I think you have been without one for too long. You have forgotten what it means."

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    "And you will find the Dragonborn likes to be clean. So come, draw me my bath."
    She begin removing her dragonscale arnour slowly.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

The whole "Have you seen those warriors from Hammerfell, they've got curved swords! Curved swords!"

Just becomes ridiculous when 90% of Skyrim has a curved tanto, wakizashi, or katana hanging off their belt. It's complete overkill.

I don't think they were actually talking about their swords. If you know what I mean.

:winky:

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Yeah, the fact that Delphine and Esbern try to kick me out of the temple that I literally opened with my own blood and which they couldn't have ever entered without me was a little too much.

I think there should be an option to just shut the door to the temple and seal them in.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Click on door
    Lock 100

• Options
    I had a great time going through the war questline again.

As an Imperial, I of course sided with them and was sent to wipe out the StormCloak camps & forts.
    Just walking through the battle using 'Storm Call' was fun; their cloaks provided no protection from my lightning of death.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Bah. The Blades can keep their stupid temple.

Parthy is too great/important of an ally to mankind to destroy.
    Regardless of his pasts sins, he's the only dragon to date that managed to fight against his savage instincts to find mercy and compassion. Thats unique and a beacon of hope for his kind to become something better.

He's been in his own self imposed exile for eons anyway. What the blades are asking for is just blood to sate their lust for mandated revenge.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    I had a great time going through the war questline again.

As an Imperial, I of course sided with them and was sent to wipe out the StormCloak camps & forts.
    Just walking through the battle using 'Storm Call' was fun; their cloaks provided no protection from my lightning of death.

The Civil War questline is kind of odd. I'm not really a huge fan, but having done it all the way through a few times I will say that it is way more fun if you start it at low level and just use standard issue imp/sc gear. Otherwise all the fights are really stupid easy.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

I keed I keed.

Ha, I came here to make pretty much the exact same post, right down to the 45 frames a second! But yeah, got all my Texture+ENB mods sorted and going in Vanilla style.

This is my total knowledge of Skyrim.

I now know how to start the Thieves guild.
    I know how to start the Assassins Guild.
    Oh, I know HOW to obtain Vampirism and was SLIGHTLY spoiled on Lycanthropy.

But that's IT. I didn't know these when I started playing though. So it's kinda very much exciting.

Made a Dagger based sneaky stealthy imp and of course your standard swole female Warrior Nord.

Couple of notes.

1. Started with the Dagger build first. HOLY SHIT. I had to pull some shenanagins to beat the first story dungeon. SO MANY shenanagins. I'll probably have to branch out into bows as well on her even though I've tried my best not to, since I wanted to make a pure Archery Wood Elf.

2. Swole Nord lady BROKE THE SHIT out of the early game in comparison. Many Kill Cams, much wow.

Sidenote: It's kinda deflating to perfectly Solid Snake, only to get *TINK* and do a "decent" amount of damage, only to now be stuck with a now pissed off dudebro and I'm swinging away with two paper cutters, while my swole lady Two shots things by RUNNING STRAIGHT AT THEM NO FUCKS GIVEN PAIN ADMINISTERED.

I know that problem goes away with perks. But GETTING there was/is a bit of a challenge early on!

Transporter on
  • Options
    The biggest disappointment in being a backstabbing bastard? The final boss is, to my knowledge, the sole enemy in the entire game who cannot be sneak-attacked, even while fucking invisible (AKA the broken as hell Sneak 100 perk, which reduces combat to crouch>stab>repeat).

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Yeah, but by the time you fight him, you'll probably have ridiculous weapons.

• Options
    Yeah, the one time I actually beat Skyrim I one-shotted Alduin both times you fight him, once with a ridiculous damage health poison, and the second time with an even more ridiculous fortify one-handed potion.

Honestly, every single dragon priest fight was harder (those assholes are immune to poison).

• Options
    Oh also, sneaky backstab/archery is fun and all but if you've never tried a mace+shield character who swears off all stealth and charges everything you're doing yourself a disservice. Yes, you do need to carry healing potions and elemental resist potions or you'll have a horrible time against mages, but everything else is just charge > smash > dead.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    For a dagger sneaker you must use SPERG for its 15x dagger sneak attacks

makes there an actual point to sneaking up to melee range rather than just popping someone in the head with an arrow

• Options

makes there an actual point to sneaking up to melee range rather than just popping someone in the head with an arrow

Strongly agree here. The way everything shakes out for me with my sneaky types is a normal, non-poisoned arrow with a successful sneak attack takes off a chunk of health from anything other than a minion, and will one-shot the minion types, and sometimes I can get off more arrows before I find myself in melee with anything. If I start from a good distance I can sneak away and wait for things to calm down and do it again.

If, on the other hand, I am able to get behind something, I can one-shot giants and stuff with a dagger attack. It makes it very worth trying to get into position vice using arrows all the time. YMMV depending on what difficulty mods you are using. Some of them make arrows a lot more lethal, in which case you probably want to keep shooting everything.

• Options

Strongly agree here. The way everything shakes out for me with my sneaky types is a normal, non-poisoned arrow with a successful sneak attack takes off a chunk of health from anything other than a minion, and will one-shot the minion types, and sometimes I can get off more arrows before I find myself in melee with anything. If I start from a good distance I can sneak away and wait for things to calm down and do it again.

If, on the other hand, I am able to get behind something, I can one-shot giants and stuff with a dagger attack. It makes it very worth trying to get into position vice using arrows all the time. YMMV depending on what difficulty mods you are using. Some of them make arrows a lot more lethal, in which case you probably want to keep shooting everything.

Which is why the vanilla sneak 100 perk is so absurd - it casts 1 sec invis on crouch, so if you stab immediately... it's an automatic sneak attack, no matter their detection (and it still breaks attention otherwise).

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Which is why the vanilla sneak 100 perk is so absurd - it casts 1 sec invis on crouch, so if you stab immediately... it's an automatic sneak attack, no matter their detection (and it still breaks attention otherwise).

Yeah that perk was always silly. Sperg puts it on a 10 second cooldown, and other perk and stealth overhauls eliminate it completely.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Oh also, sneaky backstab/archery is fun and all but if you've never tried a mace+shield character who swears off all stealth and charges everything you're doing yourself a disservice. Yes, you do need to carry healing potions and elemental resist potions or you'll have a horrible time against mages, but everything else is just charge > smash > dead.

I almost always play a mace+shield conjurer. Summon an ally and then it's SMASHIN' TIME!

Sometimes I do a Battle Hammer/Ax conjurer. Too much fun and very powerful. I also only ever use a summoned bow for ranged attacks because it looks amazing.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options

Yeah that perk was always silly. Sperg puts it on a 10 second cooldown, and other perk and stealth overhauls eliminate it completely.

Yeah, my first (and only, despite how many hours I've put in) clear was a dagger build. It was... annoying that I couldn't abuse that broken as hell perk for the final boss (after abusing it to clear the last areas).

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    While Delphine and Esbern's presumption in thinking they can tell the Dragonborn what to do is laughable at best, their views on Paarthurnax are pretty understandable from their perspective. Doesn't mean I agree with them but I see where they're coming from.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    While Delphine and Esbern's presumption in thinking they can tell the Dragonborn what to do is laughable at best, their views on Paarthurnax are pretty understandable from their perspective. Doesn't mean I agree with them but I see where they're coming from.

Their perspective is "Wait, the leader of the pacifistic greybeards, who has presumably been their leader for a longass time, is a DRAGON? He is clearly poised to snap and start murdering at any moment, despite centuries of evidence to the contrary. Go murder him for us."

I think it was something like that anyway, considering I generally do the civil war before touching the main quest past triggering dragon appearances, I never have cause to visit Delphine by the time that quest triggers.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Their perspective is that all dragons must die because dragons used to all work for Alduin, and they deliberately ignore that some dragons turned against Alduin, helped the humans, and taught them to shout.

Paarthurnax is Prometheus and Delphine and Esbern are saying "thanks for the whole teaching us how to use fire thing, but you're still a titan so we'll have to kill you."

I don't understand their reasoning because their reasoning is filled with stupid.

Regina Fong on