As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, July 9, 2014 - Marxio Kart

2»

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Blarghy wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    If you don't say, "Good game" when every single game ends, you needed to play tee-ball more as a kid.

Or something.

It depends on how the game went. If it was a close, down-to-the-wire sort of deal, then the winner being the first to offer "Good Game" is fine and dandy, since it is an accurate description of the game. If, on the other hand, the game was an utter beat down where the loser got utterly destroyed, the winner offering "Good Game" is not being particularly sporting, since it is either given out of pity or mirth. Either way, its generally on the loser to offer "Good Game" first, since it can be safely assumed that the winner already regards it as a good game.

I actually feel it's on the winner usually. They probably feel better and had more fun, so the etiquette is they repay a bit of that with words that make the person who lost feel better. "Good game" meaning, "I couldn't have had the good time I did without you stepping up and trying". Even if the amount of stepping that happened was very small.

• Options
    BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Blarghy wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    If you don't say, "Good game" when every single game ends, you needed to play tee-ball more as a kid.

Or something.

It depends on how the game went. If it was a close, down-to-the-wire sort of deal, then the winner being the first to offer "Good Game" is fine and dandy, since it is an accurate description of the game. If, on the other hand, the game was an utter beat down where the loser got utterly destroyed, the winner offering "Good Game" is not being particularly sporting, since it is either given out of pity or mirth. Either way, its generally on the loser to offer "Good Game" first, since it can be safely assumed that the winner already regards it as a good game.

I actually feel it's on the winner usually. They probably feel better and had more fun, so the etiquette is they repay a bit of that with words that make the person who lost feel better. "Good game" meaning, "I couldn't have had the good time I did without you stepping up and trying". Even if the amount of stepping that happened was very small.

Yeah, that's point I was trying to make. If that is an accurate description of the game, then sure, go ahead and compliment the other player. If it was just a beatdown that probably wasn't at all fun for the other player, effectively saying that "Man, I sure had fun destroying you" isn't perhaps the most sporting thing to do. That's why reflexively saying "Good Game" all the time without thinking can cause people to react poorly.

• Options
    kuteboyskuteboys tokyoRegistered User new member
    or with the beautiful images I liked them. I enjoyed reading this comic

of my favorite games on : kizi | yepi | kizi