As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Deals] Thread: Stuff for the Stuff God!

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    That Life Is Strange deal is dead now.

It seems like Amazon is matching Best Buy's deals, which we're on average about $5 cheaper than Target.

(Evil Within 2 and Wolf2 are 25 at Amazon/BB, 30 at Target)

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    How does an episodic game have a deluxe edition...? Is that just what they're calling the the full game bundle or something?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    How does an episodic game have a deluxe edition...? Is that just what they're calling the the full game bundle or something?

There's a bonus chapter, some extra outfits and a mixtape mode for the soundtrack.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Was it another situation where the price of one episode was applied to the price of the entire thing?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I just looked at Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is around $50 at Amazon. I know they have stated it will be $25 on Black Friday.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Does any website have all this stuff sorted somehow? I just want to buy the handsome jack collection for the Ps4 as cheap as possible.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Since they're deals, both Steam and Origin have their fall sales going if you don't regularly pop into those threads.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    +1 for Nier. I'm still playing it but I'm enjoying it. Most of the combat is third person combo fighting (I compare it to God of War; others have different comparisons) with some other gameplay types showing up in places. The soundtrack is fantastic.

I've been badgering a friend to pick this up, but I may just buy it for him.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    furlion wrote: »
    Does any website have all this stuff sorted somehow? I just want to buy the handsome jack collection for the Ps4 as cheap as possible.
    https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/365083-black-friday-2017-the-epic-master-thread/
    Edit: specific to your question, BL Handsome collection will be $15 and Best Buy and GameStop and is $20 on PSN right now.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Best Buy deals now live on bestbuy.com Holy fuck Disgaea 5 sold out quick online. I kept trying to add it to my cart, but it kept failing. I refresh a few times, then says sold out.

EDIT: bestbuy.com really struggling. Can't even get to the payment information for the items that I was able to add to my cart.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    Walmart also must've instantly sold out of Mario+Rabbids. Already gone. It was up for $29

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Bestbuy.com is pretty much dead. I'm trying to grab some movies for now (will go for games later) and can't get anything to go through.

• Options
    nusu wrote: »
    Bestbuy.com is pretty much dead. I'm trying to grab some movies for now (will go for games later) and can't get anything to go through.

I finally got my order through for several items, but couldn't get Disgaea 5.

• Options
    I think I got 1 order through (I have a confirmation email). What I'm concerned about is the 8-10 times I tried to place the order. Maybe I'll be busy on eBay with copies of Wonder Woman and Spiderman Homecoming...

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    $5 Steam Link? Don't mind if I do.

Edit: Shipping cost $8 but I still bit the bullet and went for it anyway.

Opty on
  • Options
    So in the last couple weeks, the number of PS4 games I have has ballooned from 5 to 15. Yeesh!

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    This is a completely noobish to ask, but this seems where to ask it:

Where's the cheapest place I can possibly buy a Playstation 4 that, in the event it craps out on me, I could still have some recourse with Sony? Should I be waiting for Friday or Monday rather?

I've had very mixed luck with Sony customer support in the past ("mixed" is probably generous, this was in the PS2 lawsuit era). But I'm actually prepared to buy a PS4 for one specific import title that is now readily available (everything else would just be a bonus down the line). I don't need a Playstation 4 Pro, I'd be fine if it was the old, blue light model (though that would be a little distracting), it just needs to be working. With that in mind, I'm not totally afraid of buying a refurbished or used console, I just worry because of my PS2 experience (which was ages ago anyway).

So far I've been looking at eBay (though that could potentially be problematic too if something went wrong).

Synthesis on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I feel like as long as you buy it new from any place that isn't EBay or Newegg, weirdly (I always see people say Newegg offers no warranty whenever I see a Slickdeals post from there) you should be fine?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Until I moved beyond the one game, I don't imagine it'd be getting a lot of use, since I already have better media players, BR players, etc.--ergo, that would reduce the already unlikely chance of something going wrong?

The game (Super Robot Wars V) also has no 4K/etc. patching, so the base model would be fine. I don't mind its load times.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming it's best to just wait for the inevitable RE7 GOTY Extreeeeeme© edition?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's best to just wait for the inevitable RE7 GOTY Extreeeeeme© edition?

Wont it be $60 when it releases next month though? Target has the base game at $15, might be cheaper to get that and the season pass? Im hoping RE7 and DLC get a PSN flash sale tomorrow though

Zavian on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    EDIT: Doh. That's obvious. Forget I said that.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Wont it be $60 when it releases next month though? Target has the base game at $15, might be cheaper to get that and the season pass? Im hoping RE7 and DLC get a PSN flash sale tomorrow though

Base game is sooo good though. Not sure if the DLC is truly must play or just watch a Let's play of.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Base game is sooo good though. Not sure if the DLC is truly must play or just watch a Let's play of.

I like the Misery-esque gimmick of that one DLC, and I'm very intrigued by the last two DLC that are coming out next month, which serve as epilogues

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @Synthesis it's $199 on Amazon right now. GameStop will have it tomorrow, coupled with a $50GC but there's a chance that may be in-store only. I think Best Buy has it live too, but note the website issues above.

Rumor is BJs will have it for $189 tomorrow.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    @Synthesis it's $199 on Amazon right now. GameStop will have it tomorrow, coupled with a $50GC but there's a chance that may be in-store only. I think Best Buy has it live too, but note the website issues above.

Where on Amazon? I'm still $275 for a slim (which is a crap deal--it's $50 less on eBay for a new PS4). I think I heard about that GameStop deal, but the gift card was definitely in-store (still, it's not terrible, it just wouldn't go to the game I'm buying the system for).

Also, what's BJs?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »

Where on Amazon? I'm still $275 for a slim (which is a crap deal--it's $50 less on eBay for a new PS4). I think I heard about that GameStop deal, but the gift card was definitely in-store (still, it's not terrible, it just wouldn't go to the game I'm buying the system for).

Also, what's BJs?

I think Amazon is temperarily sold out. The slims been $199 all week, but wasn't available at that price (or through them at all) when I checked earlier this morning.

• Options
    I thought $199 PS4 was a Sony mandated discount at all stores?

• Options
    edited November 2017

It's not, unless "mandate" actually means "suggestion."

EDIT: Ooh! Monoprice has them for $200 with free shipping...and I have Paypal coupon. Now it's just that, or giving in to baser extincts to wait for something lower for a refurbished or used model.

Oh, out of stock. Well, nevermind.

Synthesis on
  • Options

EDIT: Ooh! Monoprice has them for $200 with free shipping...and I have Paypal coupon. Now it's just that, or giving in to baser extincts to wait for something lower for a refurbished or used model.

Yeah it's a Sony mandated sale at all their retail partners
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/10/black-friday-2017-week-long-playstation-deals-revealed/

• Options

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/10/black-friday-2017-week-long-playstation-deals-revealed/

I guess Amazon's not one, insomuch as they're still selling them at $275.

• Options

Amazon isn't a retail store though

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Those are third part sellers not Amazon. Amazon itself is sold out right now.

• Options
    I think of you two, LostNinja's correct.

• Options
    You should be able to just goto Wal-Mart or Gamestop for the $200 deal unless they're sold out

• Options
    edited November 2017
    If they become available online again, that's a way to go.

If it's offline only, I'd rather pay the same price for a used console, much less cheaper. I've lived in the US for a decade now, and Black Friday scares the hell out of me. The Gamestops in my area are all opening at 4 and 6 PM, which I will take to basically mean Black Friday now begins on Thursday there....maybe I'll drive around, I don't celebrate the holiday anyway.

Synthesis on
  • Options

If it's offline only, I'd rather pay the same price for a used console, much less cheaper. I've lived in the US for a decade now, and Black Friday scares the hell out of me.

Deal lasts till Monday, but I agree, not worth the mob scene tomorrow

• Options

If it's offline only, I'd rather pay the same price for a used console, much less cheaper. I've lived in the US for a decade now, and Black Friday scares the hell out of me.

Deal lasts till Monday, but I agree, not worth the mob scene tomorrow

Go online and grab one from pretty much any retailer, they all have 1TB slims for $199.99 right now, some places have additional gift cards and whatnot (like Gamestop has a $50 gift card with purchase of PS4 slim)

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Anyone know if there are any other deals on Rayman Legends for the Switch? Best Buy's website is sold out. >:(

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython