As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Killing Floor 2 - Patch(beta) is up! Demo & Firebug are here! Berserker isn't crap!

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Which two classes? I strongly miss being the guy who can singlehandedly take out every scrake and FP with one headshot on the lower difficulties.
    I know they're working on firebug right now and I think it was demo that comes out alongside them? I could be wrong about that though, I don't remember where I even saw that. It might have been posted on their dev blog, it might have been through word of mouth. If it's firebug only though I'm not gonna be happy that class was ass.

butts
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    The primary reason I didn't buy it during the Summer Sale was because it was an early access game.

it's really unfortunate how badly Early Access has been poisoned by the seemingly endless supply of awful abuses of the whole concept :(

It really is. I just can't do it anymore. I just can't.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    I need my LAR, Tripwire.

Need it bad.
    Same. I'm waiting for that before I really get into the game.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    Which two classes? I strongly miss being the guy who can singlehandedly take out every scrake and FP with one headshot on the lower difficulties.
    I know they're working on firebug right now and I think it was demo that comes out alongside them? I could be wrong about that though, I don't remember where I even saw that. It might have been posted on their dev blog, it might have been through word of mouth. If it's firebug only though I'm not gonna be happy that class was ass.

Tell me about it. All the vision occlusion of the demo, less ammo, and none of the stopping power.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Firebug was the best class...

Like if everything is not on fire you are doing it wrong!

And demo and firebug never had the same jobs.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Firebug is a lot of fun for taking out the trash. And the crisping effect and flame DOT was pretty useful at higher difficulties for sure.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Far as I can tell, AMD's current position in the industry is their own fault.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/news/killing-floor-2-update-what-were-up-to.aspx

New video showing Firebug, Demo, and a new level. Kinda funny that they're calling it a "free content pack" when its supposed to be part of the game to begin with.

• Options
    Because if they don't attach the word Free to it then their forums will be overflowing with rage posting. I'm not even kidding.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Bought this during the Summer Sale, haven't even played it yet. Too busy with work for the last month, but I will boot it up at some point. Look forward to playing with you guys.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    It's good. I'm mostly just waiting for the LAR to be put back in the game before I play it again.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Demo and Firebug will for sure pull me back in for testing.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Just waiting for content, don't wanna tire from the game befor it's actually out.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    butts
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I'm not pleased with that first perk. X% Sonic or X% Toxin resist (for Sirens or Bloats, respectively)? Of the two, I'd probably pick Sonic resists since I rarely get hit by bile, but it sounds like a weak option, even for a level 5 perk. The Health boost versus Health on Kill choice sounds cool, though.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    I'm glad to see those perks based on lost health gone. Attempting to reward playing the game in sudden death mode wasn't the greatest idea.
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I'm not pleased with that first perk. X% Sonic or X% Toxin resist (for Sirens or Bloats, respectively)? Of the two, I'd probably pick Sonic resists since I rarely get hit by bile, but it wounds like a weak option, even for a level 5 perk. The Health boost versus Health on Kill choice sounds cool, though.

Bloats are also dead easy to take care of with your starting pistol. Best way I've found to zerk a siren is pop them with a pulverizer heavy hit, thanks to their weakness to explosives, but to do that you end up taking half a scream or so, unless you have some handy cover from which to ambush them.

Perk choices with "if you don't take this one, you're silly" aren't really something new, though.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    ooo, those changes sound interesting.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    They also posted the passive changes too.
    **ADDENDUM**
    It was pointed out we forgot to mention the changes to the passives. These now (ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE) include the following:

Increased Berserker Weapon Damage
    Increased Melee Attack Speed
    Increased Movement Speed
    Increased Damaged Resistance
    Not being able to be grabbed by cots
    Night vision (will be a toggle if you have a weapon with a flashlight)
    Night vision is a good quality of life buff since no weapons have flashlights, which is something I never even realized before. Clot grab immunity is massive. I wonder if the stat increases end up making the Eviscerater strong or not. I think it's not awful now, it just doesn't benefit from anything?

butts
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Clot grab immunity was part of the package in KF1 so I'm glad they came to their senses with that.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    that's why i started playing zerker FFS in the first place

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    I love, love, love the idea of a zerker being able to move around in real-time while the world is frozen in zed-time.

Probably the only thing that could make it any better would be to have the classic zerker zed-time extension on kill, though I guess if you did that you'd be in zed-time half the match. Not, uh, conducive to entertainment.

• Options
    I recall there being limits to zed time extensions. I know you can get some silly long durations if you have a zerker and commando working in perfect sync on their kills, but normally things didn't get too crazy.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    For those of you who still care, the update should be dropping this week or the next... as a beta patch. If you want in you should opt-in to Killing Floor beta in the steam properties menu. No idea when the normal version of it drops (or what the differences will be between it and the beta).

A beta version of a patch in early access after like 3-4 months of nearly nothing. Oh well, at least it looks like gunslinger is coming next (in 2016, if they keep this pace).

• Options
    A beta patch for early access? What? Wtf?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    has TWI lost their danged mind or something?

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    The rumor is that the PS4 early access system is what is bogging the updates down. Updates to the game have to go through Sony QA before going live on their early access service.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The rumor is that the PS4 early access system is what is bogging the updates down. Updates to the game have to go through Sony QA before going live on their early access service.

PS4 has an early access system?

Tripwire did say from the start, despite what is common with Early Access, that they'd only release polished content. I guess the internet trying to come up with other explanations is just the internet being the internet.

• Options
    Yeah I dunno what the deal really is. All I do know is that I've uninstalled it. I'll be back when there are some handguns and rifles to play with.

• Options
    This is why early access is a terrible idea for consoles. The red tape necessary to push out a patch directly conflicts with the rapid sprint and release update cycle of early access beta content.

Until sony/Microsoft ditch the red tape and let developers patch as frequently as they can for pc, consoles as a whole should be left out in the cold until early access is complete and the game goes gold with the initial 1.0 version.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    KF2 is out on the PS4? I haven't heard about that at all

• Options
    Yeah it's coming to PS4. I have no idea if it's actually in some kind of beta release on the system or not. I don't follow console stuff anymore. I do know that a lot of people have decided to blame Sony/Consoles/etc for the pace of new build releases.

• Options
    Oh I know its coming to PS4, It just sounded like people had their hands on it. Anyways, according to the devs' own blog posts and the forums the reason the new content is taking so long to release is just that it takes them a long time to make. Which would be bearable if they took advantage of the game's EA status and gave it balance tweaks every few weeks or gave expected update release dates or the planned progression of future content or you know, ANYTHING. I get the delay for entirely new maps, perks, and weapons, but I don't see why they can't tweak stuff that's already in the game in-between them. They're going to need to once the new perks come out.

• Options
    Like, the Zerker changes could've been put in weeks ago. IDK. The last major thing Tripwire did was add a map, and even that was three months ago. I know content takes a while to make, but come on.

Aside: Opt-in betas for Early Access is goofy.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    I expected EA meant access to the weekly or at the very least monthly build. That's on me for making that assumption though so I can't feel too bad about it.

I think there's certainly some middle ground between releasing unfinished stuff and the monolithic bunch of finished stuff together every 6 months.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Did a few solo rounds, the Hans fight is massively improved by all the new visual tells. (Grenades are highlighted, tips for fighting him are shown during his intro and, best of all, he has a huge shield that shows up when he goes to grab someone so you know not to waste your ammo).

Demo is just as good as it was in KF1 but with a close range cluster grenade pistol and less smoke. Firebug is fun as hell (and I hated it in KF1). The new Zerker seems OP at first glance but I didn't put too much time with it. It moves much faster, can get 200 hp with a perk, and does more damage with the new talents (I'll update OP in a bit). That said, it might balance out against
    • Some Zed attacks are now unable to be interrupted by parried (damage is still mitigated)
    • Larger Zeds have attended ballet and can now turn quicker
    • Stumble animations are now quicker and take less time to recover.

Also, multiple cosmetics. No need to choose between facemasks, hats, and glasses

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    Jeeze, every time I play this game I'm stunned by how great it looks and how smooth it plays. Demo is super fun; I feel like that crazy Irish mercenary from Sin City who has all the grenades.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    The Firebug is in meaning I can start truly caring about this game.

The Firebug is life.
    The Firebug is peace.
    In the Emprah's name let all be purified in holy promethium.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    The starting firebug weapon is hilarious.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mostly related: I'll be running around PAX as Mr Foster at some point this weekend.. no double barrel shotty though, Nerf fails me yet again.