As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video games must be destroyed with a Giant Bomb.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Do you think you faced the same Big Boss in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2?

of course not, how do you think big boss could go from a hayter to a sutherland

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Seriously, Rush is music that gets jacked up loud in the car and makes you excited that it is twofer Tuesday on the classic rock station. Other artists that get this treatment: AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, and Foreigner.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular

yeah I did that it said I was fine, like.. It gave me weird numbers. it said I passed 59% and failed 41% so I was WORRIED and couldn't figure out why. I want to be able to run this shit like butter. And everything seemed to be way better than the recommended specs, except the video card thing with its confusing naming convention

and considering the only other stat is:

Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.0 GHz Dual Core required if using integrated graphics)
    You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

it makes no sense to me how i failed 41% of the test, if that's what that little red and green pie chart thing means

but whatever fuck it, makes no sense yo. I'm sure I'll be able to run it fine. I trust you guys

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Do you think you play the same Big Boss in MGSV: Ground Zeroes and MGSV: The Phantom Pain?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I kind of regret not getting a little more power on my video card but it runs sooooooo cool and quiet

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Do you think you play the same Big Boss in MGSV: Ground Zeroes and MGSV: The Phantom Pain?

of course not, in Jamais Vu raiden fails to kill one body snatcher that had clung to the bottom of the escape helicopter, which proceeds to body snatch big boss

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »

yeah I did that it said I was fine, like.. It gave me weird numbers. it said I passed 59% and failed 41% so I was WORRIED and couldn't figure out why. I want to be able to run this shit like butter. And everything seemed to be way better than the recommended specs, except the video card thing with its confusing naming convention

Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.0 GHz Dual Core required if using integrated graphics)

it makes no sense to me how i failed 41% of the test, if that's what that little red and green pie chart thing means

but whatever fuck it, makes no sense yo. I'm sure I'll be able to run it fine. I trust you guys

I haven't used reqs lab in a while, but maybe it means you pass minimum, and are 59% of the way to passing recommended?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I love Logical Increments but it's definitely more for planning a new build

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I'm playing Hotline Miami and I'm up to Assault, about how far in am I?

The touch pad is so fucking useful in this game. It completely fixes the problems I had playing it on the PS3.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Idle Thumbs had a 'theory' that I'm going to elaborate on

Phantom Pain is delayed several years, and Silent Hills is released in the interim

You play through the entirety of Silent Hills

The game ends, the credits roll

And then the game fades back up and Big Boss is waking from his 9 year "coma"

Smash cut to title card

P.T.

And then two more letters fade up

P.T.S.D.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I love Logical Increments but it's definitely more for planning a new build

Yeah, but it does give you a good idea of specs for new hardware ranging from Bruce Wayne expensive to "this is barely a computer."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I think about things like score-inflation (where a genuinely terrible game gets a 5/10, and if the game is generally competent/inoffensive it's in the 7.5-10 range) and it seems pretty obvious to me that the practice of reviewing video games is more about marketing than about communicating something about what the game is, and why it may or may not matter.

I despise numeric value in reviews

tell me about the game people

why did you like it

what problems do you have with it

how many anime titties are in it?

This is why I really like RockPaperShotgun's "Wot I Thinks", as that's pretty much all I want out of a review

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Kidding aside, if you have an i7, a 570, and 8 gigs of RAM, you're probably fine to run most if not all games on high settings.

• Options
    jclast wrote: »

I haven't used reqs lab in a while, but maybe it means you pass minimum, and are 59% of the way to passing recommended?

ahhh.. that could be it

I'm in the 92nd-97th percentile for most stats

It's really good to hear that computers these days are specced to last, that makes me feel better. I am definitely an unknowledgeable console gamer.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I'm playing Hotline Miami and I'm up to Assault, about how far in am I?

The touch pad is so fucking useful in this game. It completely fixes the problems I had playing it on the PS3.

You have another three story levels after than and then maybe some bonus content. Also that's my favorite level. The whole setup is great. The level layout is great. The music is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobyKGXootM

So yeah, that's Hotline Miami at the most Hotline Miami.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Idle Thumbs had a theory that I'm going to elaborate on

Phantom Pain is delayed several years, and Silent Hills is released in the interim

You play through the entirety of Silent Hills

The game ends, the credits roll

And then the game fades back up and Big Boss is waking from his 9 year "coma"

Smash cut to title card

P.T.

except what ACTUALLY happens is
    the letters spread out and more fill in the gap

P.A.T.R.I.O.T

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Kidding aside, if you have an i7, a 570, and 8 gigs of RAM, you're probably fine to run most if not all games on high settings.

awww yiss

also

i have a keyboard that glows and is wireless, so, i mean. just saying. that's definitely the most impressive part

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

awww yiss

also

i have a keyboard that glows and is wireless, so, i mean. just saying. that's definitely the most impressive part

Oh sorry, then I meant VERY HIGH settings.

• Options
    you guys are fools

PT clearly stands for NANOMACHINE

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

You 41% fail at dual-boxing the game in 4K stereoscopic ultra-3D RAID mind-eye 360-degree 8-monitor Dolby 18.2 hyper post-reality you fucking monstrous scrub.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm still using a five years old graphics card and it's basically fine. I do get a sort of crappy framerate in Titanfall and I wouldn't be able to run Crysis 3 at all, but for most games it's fine.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Physical Therapy for that hand

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I wonder if any crazy billionaire out there has built a world class super computer to play his videogames on.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    This Tinertia QL got real about halfway in.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    I wonder if any crazy billionaire out there has built a world class super computer to play his videogames on.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

I mean there is a ceiling for PC building with consumer parts and it's not a billion dollars. There are rich people out there who just update to that ceiling every year because they're rich.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

Most games need videocard drives to play well.
    I do remember a phase where some people were loading entire game installs into ridicilous amounts of RAM (for the time) to negate loadtimes. SSDs have mostly bridged that gap though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    I would accept having to wait 3 years for Phantom Pain if all that happened and it meant Kojima had made a PT for another PT all to promote the most anticipated game of the generation

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Not 3 years

9 years after ground zeroes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

http://lpc.pcgamer.com/ ?

• Options
    Of course this means Norman Reedus would be the 4th actor to portray Big Boss, and Silent Hills would be the purgatory he finds himself in in his coma

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Of course this means Norman Reedus would be the 4th actor to portray Big Boss, and Silent Hills would be the purgatory he finds himself in in his coma

Uh I think you mean 5th.

bigboss.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The Rock is actually a secret MGS movie

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    thatdudeoverthere we were JUST talking about 3d platformers and there's a quicklook up of one that looks ok

@chincymcchilla thanks for the heads up

• Options
    I would accept having to wait 3 years for Phantom Pain if all that happened and it meant Kojima had made a PT for another PT all to promote the most anticipated game of the generation

so phantom pain is just a PT for last guardian?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    It was four years ago that we were graced with the grand rise of the indie video game sceen

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Sign my petition to promote grammar and spelling education in grades K through 12.

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    tumbler.com

signature.png

This discussion has been closed.