As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Everybody's dead, Dave.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    The mythic drop 3 has rune changes, gear changes and ton of class changes.

When we actually get it... is a mystery.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Short answer is no beeze. I checked ptr when I was still playing. And whats worse is they got rid of the awesome pvp tier bonuses for mediocre at best damage ones.

So they still have no clue

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I appreciate the other answers but I should probably clarify and I think @‌Kai_San caught on, sorry about that.

Basically Whirlwind's deal is ideally you would want to use that skill for an AOE situation. The reason people don't/didn't is because it locks you into an animation while your KE still drains at the same rate it'll always drain at. Rampage was always favored due merely to the fact of the KE upkeep even after they kept gimping Rampage. Whirlwind was always regarded as nothing but a cute gimmick at best. Hot garbage at worst.

I personally think they should have opted to make Whirlwind a two part skill. Where one press freezes the KE bar and does the animation but a second press does a burst of aoe damage at the cost of all of the built up KE.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Or have the damage ramp up, as I think was originally the point of it being press and hold

• Options
    This game has some weird bugs. We are currently doing our third GA clear this reset. One reset was transfering servers, and one just randomly happened between friday and sunday. Sadly we held of killing ohmna friday to possibly attune more people, but we will get to kill her twice at least, and the rest of the instance thrice :P.

• Options
    Chad Moore and Mike Donatelli interview addressing game concerns

http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/features.cfm?read=9004&game=632&ismb=1

• Options
    What I'm most likely going to do is drop back in when the patch hits to see if things got better or worse before I make my final decision regarding this IP.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    On the one hand, I find the fact that he refused to admit "Yeah we really shit the bed" to be a bad sign.

On the other hand, the line about "We were never about being hardcore" indicates they might try to go in the right direction and pretend that's what they meant to do all along. I mean, it's patent, unabashed bullshitting, but if it results in Wildstar hitting even a fraction of its potential as a game who cares.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Failing Upwards 101: Never admit to royally fucking up

I think the major difference between how this is being handled versus say FFXIV is kind of telling. Yoshi P was pretty blatantly honest about where that thing messed up. Mostly as a matter of course because there was not enough spin on the planet to defend FFXIV 1.0 as it was barely a game.

He courted the western audience pretty hard instead of his own back yard. Which wouldn't have flew at SE a couple of years ago.

Beezel on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    "We were never about being hardcore."

"We were never about being HARDCORE."

*cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbItL4qcugk

What a joke. Never about being hardcore my ass. The raids and the itemization at cap and the pre-launch hype speak for themselves. I am all for them trying to go in a different direction now and find a better balance but don't fucking pretend now that you weren't planning on going in this direction before and trying to appeal to hardcore players as such.

488W936.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I will add to the above that they are correct in their assessment of the core game experience being great and that they only really fucked up in the above as it pertained to an endgame, PvP problems and bugs aside. And they are correct to be looking at F2P as an option, because I for one would come back just for that to see where the game goes as it tries to shift focus and get the most out of what it did do right, and leave it on my non SSD drive just to dust off once in a while to see new content like I do with SWTOR.

488W936.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Veteran ship hands are no longer in drop 3, they've been delayed to 4

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I think it's funny that some of the best content (like shiphands) were worked on by some of the blizz vets. Caydiem is responsible for shiphands and is currently working on vet shiphands

• Options
    Vet shiphands could have been a huuuuuge boon to solo endgame if done well.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    veteran ship hands guy posts on another forums wildstar thread. Even he is having a hard time making things sound positive. Everyone over there has resumes out to ever studio in the area and numbers are real low, sub 50k

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Happen to have a link for that?

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Sub 50k?

That's not good.

Just fuckin kill it and call it a lesson. Don't drag it out and make it sad.

• Options
    When there's Credd available for the equivalent of a couple days of selling ore, I'm not surprised if subs take a dive. What I would want to know is if that 50k number includes people with an active Credd on their account.

• Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    Where are people who are still playing playing? I'm still enjoying this game and the prospect of end-game with non-pugs (because "hardcore" is something I actually enjoy), so whoever's around in W* I'd like to know.

My character is still Trynant, currently transferred to Avatus but hey, megaservers.

• Options
    Trynant wrote: »
    Where are people who are still playing playing? I'm still enjoying this game and the prospect of end-game with non-pugs (because "hardcore" is something I actually enjoy), so whoever's around in W* I'd like to know.

My character is still Trynant, currently transferred to Avatus but hey, megaservers.

I'm on Ascendancy, pve EU. If anyone is interested in 3 day a week mandatory raiding, with added days for progression trying to push into datascape, holler at me.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Trynant wrote: »

Stormtalon, Exiles, NA. /w Kragor.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They're under 50,000 subs?

Wowzers

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    There's no way of telling if that number is with or without CREDD though.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    CREDD is just an in-game timecard. So if the 50k number is active subs it doesn't matter how it is being paid for as long as there is time remaining on the account.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, it just means we don't know how much of that is people paying $15 a month and people who are technically paying $20.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    CREDD is just an in-game timecard. So if the 50k number is active subs it doesn't matter how it is being paid for as long as there is time remaining on the account.

Well, that's the thing. To start using CREDD, I canceled my subscription. So I might not count among those 50k, even though I've got CREDD to spare.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It wouldn't shock me if it didn't matter one lick to investors. A list of subscribers is easy to see, it's real, exact. How many people are paying each month.

Even though this CREDD should be simple to understand, I bet the second they hear that people can buy it with in-game currency, and that it effectively halts their subscription payment for a month, they mentally dismiss it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

So you're saying that number is pretty CREDDible?

• Options
    thinking that CREDD wouldn't count is wishful thinking. If you are using CREDD, your subscription is active

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    It really comes down to semantics, I guess. I would say your account is active if you've used a CREDD. You would have a subscription if your account's active status auto-renews at the end of every period.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Someone still paid for that CREDD even if you didn't. It hardly matters whether you paid the bill or someone who wanted to squander his cash on housing items did.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Entaru wrote: »
    Someone still paid for that CREDD even if you didn't. It hardly matters whether you paid the bill or someone who wanted to squander his cash on housing items did.

Correct. And we don't know how many players are using CREDD. All we "know" are "subscriptions." Which is a nebulous term that many are using incorrectly, and may not be a actual figure related to anything in reality.

Even their account website lists your Account Status as being either Active or not, and if you have a subscription it's listed as a separate entry.

Not that I'm arguing the numbers are actually better than they seem, just trying to define things for clarity's sake.

Basically we're starting to enter VGCharts pedantry territory and what the difference between "sold" and "shipped" copies of games.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    If that number is even remotely close to anything this coming patch would need to provide the meaning of life to keep this game going :(

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Well, the patch looks promising at least and addresses some issues, though I shudder to think of more 20 man content in those new areas being basically Scorchwing version 2.

It is not likely to save this game though, especially in the wake of all manner of holiday game releases, WoW's next expack, FF14's next big patch, SWTOR's new expack in December... the momentum is lost and these competitors have all they need to keep us from coming back.

488W936.png
  • Options
    terrible DPSterrible DPS Registered User regular
    waaaait a sec here... are you guys trying to imply that there are people actually still playing wildstar? Recent logins to Stormtalon would suggest that this clearly is not the case. Its a ghost server, I'm surprised they keep it plugged in and drawing current.

*crickets*

• Options
    They opened up transfers around the announcement of megaservers, and most of the playerbase agreed to transfer to one or two main servers until the switchover.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Yep, heading over from Echo to Ascendancy on EU was a boon to actually seeing people around.

• Options
    F2P announcement before the years up is my guess, hopefully not a shutdown

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I really wouldn't be surprised if NCSoft had them work in a F2P plan in development to be switched to at some point. They run so many MMOs that they have to know where the market's going.