As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want to do is [Dream] Thread

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, I had a dream that I was watching a movie that was basically a Jurassic Park spin off.

Except, it was set in the distant future after humanity was extinct. Aliens show up, and finding a misquito with human blood in amber, clone humans and build a tourist park. Of course, things get out of control when the naked humans prove that they are much more clever than the aliens thought. It was part comedy (a group of alien scientists realize to their horror that humans can open doors), and part horror. (Being ripped apart by humans).

Woke up and thought it would make a good screenplay, before realizing that it wasn’t that creative.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, I had a dream that I was watching a movie that was basically a Jurassic Park spin off.

Except, it was set in the distant future after humanity was extinct. Aliens show up, and finding a misquito with human blood in amber, clone humans and build a tourist park. Of course, things get out of control when the naked humans prove that they are much more clever than the aliens thought. It was part comedy (a group of alien scientists realize to their horror that humans can open doors), and part horror. (Being ripped apart by humans).

Woke up and thought it would make a good screenplay, before realizing that it wasn’t that creative.

Id watch it

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Humans opening doors is a terrifying concept

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I didn’t realize we had a dream thread!

So my forumer dream of the other night was as follows:

It started with me, @Mysst @Dubh and Kusu (no idea why, but I imagine Facebook was involved) already being in jail. We’d been arrested as we were out taking a walk, but hadn’t been read our rights or given any information. Jail was comfortable, and we even had our phones and belongings on us, but for some reason we didn’t/couldn’t use them.

@Moriveth was vaguely in the background but he had gone home to take care of the kids.

I had only a hazy memory of what had happened and was furiously writing everything down so I could maybe try and glean information from it all. I plastered the walls in my writing and kept trying to get everyone to read it. Then I realized it was futile anyway, as everyone in that room was in the exact same position as me.

@Liiya approached us at this time, through the barred door, and began sneaking us food and words of encouragement.

Eventually I remembered my phone and was about to blow up Facebook with details of the injustice (and get lawyer recommendations) when the police stormed in. They found a label still attached to my top and tried to force me to say I’d stolen it. I had no receipt, but the top was old - I had just forgotten to remove the label. I did say I’d bought it online and could give them the details of the seller. They scoffed and, irritated that I hadn’t given them what they wanted, abruptly left.

At this time I turned around and noticed a giant pig had been sneaked into the room. I was baffled, but thought a pig would provide pretty great company. @Dubh yelled that we also had a cow in another corner of the room. I decided to go and greet the pig but as I was going to do so, the cow jumped onto the pig and began to eat it. I saw pus began to ooze out of the pig and realized that it was long dead, and was only ‘giant’ because its body had begun to bloat up with gas.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Holy shit that's some Miyazaki stuff going on with giant animals eating each other.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I had the weirdest nightmare

I was stranded in this desert oasis place, with some people who seemed to be my friends or family, it wasn't really clear, aside from one of my real life friends who I had a ridiculous crush on was my girlfriend and we had sex? And the rapport was like we had been a couple for some time

But then everyone in this oasis town, including us, had to leave, there was some kind of tornado coming or something

Because of a drought, or a battle, or something, the next two oasis towns on this road across this huge desert were unusable

So we either had to ride in these super shitty helicopters, with everyone else, piloted by a competent, but drunk pilot, or a sober person who hasn't flown a real helicopter ever, to the fourth town on the road, hundreds of miles away, or walk, carrying big containers on our backs

She insisted on riding with the new pilot

I was pretty sure we would die with either pilot

It was like a certainty, to me, that if we got in the helicopters, we would die

It was pretty likely we would die if we walked too, but there was like a dry creek bed little canyon we could use for shelter

We broke up in front of like everyone in the town and then the helicopters took off and I woke up

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    so I've been trying to shake off a SSRI

and the withdrawal effects have been... weird? one of the potential known side-effects of SSRIs is sexual inhibition, and that combined with the waves of disorientation has lead to some weird fucking dreams

so now we have my brain looking at the spicy dream quota and going "OH FUCK, WHAT DO WE HAVE" and scrambling through the file cabinets

cut to a dream with a super early (ex) girlfriend, with me waking up and going "What the fuck, Brain. Of all the people...?"

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I had a pretty existentially terrifying dream last night and figured I'd share. (Warning: violent.)

I was walking around in a high school / college / arts center / something like it, with a bunch of other people who were equally confused to be there and not entirely sure what was going on. There were monitors attached to various walls and sitting on desks displaying pink monochrome pixel-art renditions of some kind of sci-fi space station, either on the inside or outside and occasionally depicting a person walking around.

We all convened in a small meeting room on folding chairs led by someone who turned out to be our instructor. We were all wearing some kind of plug suit or VR gear at this point. Our instructor showed us how his motions were mimicked by an avatar on a monitor mounted on the wall behind him. He pulled out a sort of pink plastic gun and said "This is your [unintelligible jargon]. It lets you..." and then by way of demonstration he pointed it at the person in the chair straight ahead of him and pulled the trigger. A sort of low-fi white-noise gunshot sound effect came over the speakers, and some pink pixel shrapnel flew across the monitor on the opposite end of the room.

And then we were all kind of confused for a moment because he'd just stopped in the middle of his sentence. We all looked at the monitor his avatar was on, and his avatar had turned its own version of the gun around 180 degrees. It no longer had a face; it had what looked like a giant wad of gum sticking out of his head and splattered across the wall*. We looked back at the instructor, and saw that his eyes had gone vacant. He slumped off the chair and fell to the ground, lifeless.

And immediately everyone in the room realized that:

1) That was not what was supposed to happen.
    2) We were all connected to a virtual world we barely knew how to perceive, that could go as far as killing us.
    3) There was some kind of hostile entity in that world determined to kill us.

And then I woke up.

* Kind of like how Danganronpa censors itself. The whole thing was kind of a Danganronpa setup, in retrospect.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Just had the lamest sex dream ever
    I was humping a pillow
    Da fug brain i could do that in real life where did all my imagination go
    It was pretty bad because i woke up feeling really horny but i couldn't do anything about it since i have to go to work

Peas on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Just had the lamest sex dream ever
    I was humping a pillow
    Da fug brain i could do that in real life where did all my imagination go

Video games and carbonated sugar water.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I had a really freaky and detailed nightmare last night about going to my girlfriend's parent's house (but it was not actually my girlfriend's parent's house or her parents) and them going crazy trying to keep us from leaving. Why? Because apparently we crossed some kind of border in this dream world while going to visit them, and if we crossed back over that border we'd be able to see that other people were actually monsters. That revelation would in turn cause us to have a mental breakdown. Not-dad got super violent and tried to pull us from the car and was bashing on it, but we got away. I woke up before we crossed back over the border.

jgeis on
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    In the dream, The Silmarillion was a sci-fi space opera epic instead of fantasy. Unsure if it had been translated to be SF, or if this was supposed to be the original story that eventually turned into fantasy after some societal collapse into a dark age long after. I'm going to put this under spoilers just in case because it will get kinda spoilerish if anyone wants to read the book.
    Beleriand was a section of a galactic arm instead of a subcontinent, most of the jewels and gems mentioned were actually databases and advanced computer cores and the like that also happened to be shiny and pretty because that's how elves rolled (and curses placed on treasures were sentient computer viruses spitefully uploaded into those computers to screw up the thieves), Doriath was a planet and the protective enchantment of the Girdle of Melian was actually the planetary shields she introduced and maintained, a tiny bit of the godlike tech of the godlike alien Ainur. Aman was the pocket-universe where they lived; it had once been a part of real-space, back when they were going around terraforming worlds and establishing hyperspace lanes and such, but they folded space to make themselves inaccessible except to those they wanted in and out. Eärendil was a scientist who was studying lost/super-advanced technology, hence why he was able to get to Aman. Gondolin was a world hidden in a bizarre nebula, Ungoliant was a sapient manifestation of entropy, the cavern fortress of Nargothrond was a habitat burrowed into a large asteroid to hide it, and other things like that. The War of Wrath that destroyed Beleriand, sinking it into the sea, featured a lot more orbital bombardment and other, more exotic and advanced warring that left the worlds uninhabitable afterward.

A lot of the stuff didn't need all that much more translation though. Whatever the Silmarils actually were (unbelievably advanced computers or whatever else), they still mostly operated as MacGuffins. And Fëanor is still a giant dick and that is the same whether it's epic fantasy or SF.

• Options
    Thinking back on last night's dream, I don't know how
    the whole sun and moon thing would work if it's all in space where presumably there would already be stars and moons about. Though the first couple stories about the Valar making the world could be justified as stories-to-children, not literally true but good enough for five year olds.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Nap dream!

I was walking through scrub desert, like Nevada, and come upon a dead rabbit with a cactus thorn through its eye. Then I'm a raven and I fly down and pluck the eyeball out of the rabbit, only to watch the raven fly off with my remaining eye and tear a hole in the night sky like a cigarette burn in a sheet of paper, and I'm lying on the ground as a human with thorns through my Achilles tendon.

And then I woke up.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    No more peyote before naptime for you, young man!

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I'm telling you, I woke up aged.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I had the weirdest fucking dream a few nights ago

Not as weird as that one, and I'm not as eloquent as Metz

But basically

I had had some sort of surgery in my torso or abdomen

And was in a wheel chair

And was at a picnic, of some sort and of course, the former best friend of mine , who I fell hard for, was playing the part of my lover, or wife, or whatever, and there was a big crowd

And i was cooking for this huge group of people, but everyone disappeared, and fucking Jigsaw, or whatever the weird clown marionette from Saw movies is called, showed up on a tiny penny farthing bike, and started chasing me on my wheel chair?

And I some how ended up strangling him with my guts

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    The puppet's name is Billy.

• Options
    That's fucking metal

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Just woke up from a vivid dream.

There was an early monster movie style plot involving me staying with dream-friends at their house in another state. Some yellow slime/blob had been growing and latching onto a power station, threatening to cut off the power for the area before moving on and presumably attack people or places. This plot fizzled out. The second plot picked up from here with an abrupt transition.

I was visiting a city I hadn't been to before. Dream me knew where it was supposed to be, but I don't remember. It was a mountainous area and the city was overlooked by an old manor made from marble. Several mausoleums and elaborate graves were spread across the grounds with memorials inside to the rich industrialists that built it and once lived there.

I was walking through the extremely quiet halls with the group of people I was visiting until we got to the upper floors, which lead out onto a cliff. There was a mausoleum there that looked like an oversized bench or a bed and beyond that a vast stretch of burned trees. I'm unsure if it was a former forest or an orchard, but I had the impression that it was the source of some of the wealth of the people who once lived in the Manson.

My friends left at this point and assumed I could find my way back. I then realized I was without my smartphone. I tried to come up with a plan for getting back to where I was staying when people in camouflage began waking towards the mansion from out of nowhere. I started getting pretty unnerved but most ignored me. Then I turned and was attacked!

A dude in full camo with his family punched me in the face, laughing as he did it. It was a light punch, done as a "joke" to scare me but still not cool. His family (made up of mainly dudes) laughed as he tried to smooth things over with me, apparently insincerely, saying they didn't mean it and that I just looked so nervous on the cliff like that. I tried to just leave but the guys kept blocking my path, wanting me to accept their apology, which descended into shoving, then grabbing, then finally as one of the camouflage dudes was trying to hold onto me from behind I dove backwards into a conveniently-placed bike rack and onto some mountain bikes. This tore up the dude's back really bad and they let me go for a minute to assess damage. At this point I escaped back into the mansion to hide and be alone until they left. As I silently stalked through the marble rooms, ahead of my pursuers, the dream started to come apart until I woke up.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Last nights dreams involved a stratospheric endless swarm of corvids circling the earth, Seattle as a deteriorating slum megacity, using a magical lantern to navigate the endless haunted sewers of the megacity to track down a perp in the slums of a former dairy processing plant, the mad dash to get topside with the perp while being chased by horde of the vagrants that lived below, the kidnapping and attempted ransom of a magical goat, and ended with a suicide bomber.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I had a bit of an unusual dream last night. I was in an unfamiliar, single story house that had no windows or doors. Despite there being little light, only provided by some lamps and occasionally an overhead, there was never a sense of danger like is usual in my dreams. It was just quiet.

I walked around the house and found there was food in the fridge, a game console hooked to a TV, and various other amenities. No computer though. There was nothing identifying around, like a newspaper or news channel.

Then there was a door. The door had not been there before, and I got the impression that I could go through this door and be unable to return to this house, but if I ignored the door it would disappear and I would never leave. So I went through the door.

I found myself in another house, this one with a beachside style and two floors with a wide open foyer. There were windows and doors in this one, but I could not go out the back glass door or open a window. I could see the ocean and beach but not reach it. I walked around the new house and found it had similar amenities to the previous but with small upgrades here and there. Eventually another door appeared, this time up high on the wall, and I got the impression I was being given another choice: stay and never move forward or advance and be unable to return. So I jumped up to the door, opened it, and slipped through.

I found myself on the outside of the beach house, with tiki torches blazing in the twilight, though there was still more than enough natural light to see by. Unlike the other places though, I wasn't alone here. A girl was sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean and we talked a bit. She said she'd also come through her own door but it had disappeared the moment she'd stepped through. We tried walking down the steps to the actual beach but found some sort of impenetrable field, so we just decided to sit and chat a bit.

Two more doors appeared on the floor and we both got the impression we could each choose one, but we both couldn't go through the same door. Or we could remain where we were, the usual amenities were scattered around the balcony and the sun never moved any lower than it had begun.

We picked different doors and went through. Things started to get odd from there though. I found myself in different bodies, in different places, opening different doors and meeting different people.

The body switching is nothing new, I am rarely in my own form in any dream and on occasions there's a reflective surface I will often see an unidentifiable, faceless something without shape. A presence and mind without actual substance. This probably means something to dream therapists. What made it interesting this time though was that as I swapped bodies I met the people I had once been or people I had met in previous doors.

The locales became wildly different too. I was on a cruise ship, a casino, a bar, the big city, a fancy hotel room, and more. Inside, outside, on Earth, in space, in fantasy worlds, the past, the future, etc. I would find not only other people, sometimes multiple, but also phantoms of people. The cruise ship would be crowded but no one other than the "real" people would ever bump into me, notice me, or otherwise touch me at all. If I tried to touch the phantoms they'd disperse into nothing.

The doors didn't stay the same either. Dozens of doors would appear, in all kinds of different places. On the floor, on the walls, in thin air, under water, high in the sky. There was always an "easy" door though.

The people also changed. I was meeting not only people who'd been going through doors but also people who said they lived in the particular door's "room", and even people who claimed that they were from the outside working to bring down the system of doors. They'd be trustworthy, sneaky, blatantly pretending to be untrustworthy, confused, helpful, snide, hostile, and many more. I never knew who I would meet when I stepped through a new door in a new body.

I eventually began to piece together the purpose of the doors, though it was never explicit. They were tests. There were lots of people like me who were being subjected to the tests but also there were people acting as secret administrators of the tests or deliberately "accidentally" revealing themselves as part of the tests to see how we would respond.

I woke up at some point but I had gotten the impression that everything with the doors was revolving around choices, like a colossal CYOA, and that the door walkers were either dead or displaced. Our choices would determine where we'd end up, an afterlife that suited us for good or ill, or even a whole other world we fit into better than our original.

Even now it's still kind of hard to fully piece it together in writing.

Madican on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I dreamed I heard this in a movie theater, now I want another sequel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Ul_Vmmlxs

And now you do too. You're welcome.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I need a THC detox

It feels like dreams are almost totally suppressed right now which is not good

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Sometimes I'll have a dream where I am basically a movie camera, either existing and watching a story play out, or the point of view of certain characters. Most are incredibly fragmented, incoherent, or incredibly plagiarizing. This one is different.

Had a dream where the Prince, when young, fell in love with one of the castle's Gardeners, and knocked her up. While the Prince wanted to marry her, his family forbade it, and married him off to some noble lady, to lock down a marriage alliance. The Prince reluctantly obeys, but doesn't really do anything with his wife. The Gardener still works in the Castle, and while their relationship is finished (and highly suppressed), they are still on good terms with each other. When he's older, the gardener's son (Named Sebastian, the only character with a name, I have no idea why) is made a Squire of the Prince's household, which raises a few eyebrows (Sebastian has no idea of his Pedigree). The Prince also has a distant cousin who he thinks is his best friend, the 'Earl of Kent'. The Earl is actually all buddy buddy because he thinks he's next in line for the throne, thinking that the Prince is going to remain childless.

So, an evil Wizard preforms a coup, killing the King, taking over the castle, offhandedly killing the Gardner in front of the Prince and Sebastian, and driving the loyalist factions out of the Kingdom. The Prince decides to lead a small group of people to infiltrate the Castle, and brings along his 'best' friend, the earl, and some other loyal guards.

The young sixteen year old Sebastian demands to be taken along so he can 'Avenge his Mother' Everyone is against bringing this kid along, but the Prince agrees.

So they have fun storming the Castle, and lo and behold, Sebastian is the one who actually defeats the Wizard. And not by a lucky blow, he fights most of the battle. As the Castle is being secured, the Prince tells his buddy that he's going to make this young squire his heir. The Prince thinks that it's the perfect cover story. The kid proven his bravery, and the populace will love him. The Earl is incredibly shocked, and is about to tell the Prince that he can't have some commoner inherit the throne, when a messenger arrives, announcing that the Prince's wife was pregnant, and has given birth to a son!.

And then I woke up, and desperately tried to restart the dream. Stupid dream cliffhangers.

• Options
    Last night my dream involved, in order:

- Working at a BBQ restaurant in order to secretly steal the key that'd unlock my tongue from a device in my mouth
    - Apocalypse in the form of various objects becoming sentient. Objects that had been treated well took human form and could manifest special powers with their owners. Objects that had been abused became grotesque monsters of varying size and extreme power.
    - Time skip a hundred years forward where the object monsters have literally broken the world to the point where there's now massive foggy chasms everywhere that you can't see the other side of.
    - Being vaporized by a monster and having my soul secured in a bottle.
    - Time skip two hundred years back to prevent the BBQ restaurant from ever being opened and dooming humanity.
    - BBQ restaurant never opens and a ramen shop takes its place.
    - Group decided to go look for a Panda Express for lunch instead.
    - It was out of orange chicken and then I woke up.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I dreamt that I was at a ren fair and a Viking picked me up and I was like oh yeaaaah

And then that doofus threw in me into a tub full of water

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    I dreamt that I was at a ren fair and a Viking picked me up and I was like oh yeaaaah

And then that doofus threw in me into a tub full of water

Viking’s are hot, but only vaguely aware of the concept of foreplay. He just wanted to get you wet!

• Options
    Ok this one I just have no clue what it means.

Im outside of a house and some distance away a guy in a Baby Fozzie suit is on a tricycle staring at me.

I start to leave when he rushes me and starts attacking. He had nails for teeth and was biting my arms repeatedly The police come and Im screaming for help but they dont do anything until I manage to slam the thing into their squad car.
    Then the cop says " Oh you were serious"

I woke up at that point

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    There was a tiny fragile lady, with skin so pale that I could see all the veins like marble, but beautiful in a sad, timeless way, like a painting made from memory of someone who's died. Her hair was very curly and blonde, but I knew that it wasn't real, and that she was hiding an illness. It wasn't a wig - I'm pretty sure she grew new hair every morning with magic and then it fell out overnight, but that she burned the old hair in a flower pot on her balcony before I'd wake, and planted blackberries in the ashes. It was important to her that I pretended to never notice any of that. We didn't speak to each other except to talk about about the schedule for the trains that we seemed to ride everywhere. It was just the sort of dream where I knew a lot of facts about the scenario without knowing how I'd learned those facts. Whenever we went outside, whatever colors she was wearing would also be the colors of the sky, and I didn't know if she just paid close attention to the weather forecasts, or if this was also magic that she knew.

I knew that my my purpose was to protect her, and that my protection would somehow keep her illness from progressing, but she had an archaic expectation of what that protection entailed. She felt that it was appropriate to have a person like me around to defend her from bandits and devils, but there weren't any of those around, and what I actually needed to do was make sure that she didn't over-exert herself by trying to carry her own groceries home from the store, or carry her in my arms if it rained so that she wouldn't get her feet wet.

I guess I lived in her house, and that was my payment for keeping her safe? Most nights she would sit on the couch watching the stars outside the window until she fell asleep (but watching them only through a mirror, the couch had its back to all the windows), and then I'd carry her to her bed. Then I'd stay up outside of her bedroom all night pacing, just in case I was wrong about the bandits and devils. I knew that this was how it had always been between us, but during the night that happened in the dream, I curled up on the couch like a dog next to her and rested my head in her lap, and she woke back up long enough to say "You can't dream here. You've already come here from sleep, and if you sleep again, who knows where you will go?"

And that notion jarred me enough that I woke up feeling sick to my stomach, seconds before my alarm went off.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    - It was out of orange chicken and then I woke up.

Darkest timeline.

• Options
    In the dream I was some kind of secret agent who specialized in stopping supervillains. My latest ridiculous adventure involved stopping a billionaire who had built giant mechs to take over the world, and also specifically built giant mechs just because everybody said it was inefficient and unreasonable and had basic structural weaknesses when scaled up and so on. Well, due to major engineering issues which are the main reason that people don't actually build giant mechs in real life, I was able to knock over a bunch of mechs and save the world and hooray, another victory for me. (But this is why the rich need to be taxed at higher rates, I argued - to prevent their inevitable slide in supervillainy!)

Anyway, after that I get my next assignment - going undercover at a high school for kids with superpowers. I ask for permission to speak freely and frankly, and go,

"Are you fucking shitting me? Seriously? You want me to go Jump Street this place? I'm over 30! You know high school is where I go in my nightmares. I've seen all sorts of horrible spy crap in my years, and my subconscious personal hell is still high school. And you want me to do this. Why?"

The answers were insufficient and the mission goals so nondescript that I knew there was more going on that they wouldn't tell me, which was somehow worse. The cover story was that I was some super-genius kid being sent there because my smarts might be a superpower or something, and off I went. Before arriving I figured that I couldn't be the only one Jump Streeting the place...heck, the school probably had like two or three legit students and the rest were 20-35 year olds mascarading as high schoolers to try to recruit the kids or something. And sure enough I almost immediately ran into this CIA contact I knew who was also sent to Jump Street the place (he used the term too, in the same indignant tone I was using), and his being there made even less sense than my being there. I stopped supervillains, and maybe like the kids were being manipulated to villainy or something. He was trained in coups and/or their stopping. The hell was he doing there? But besides us two it actually seemed like most of the students actually were legit high school age kids with some sort of powers (though some were significantly less super than others), which confused me even more.

Woke up before I found out what I was supposed to be there to do. Probably no matter what my actual mission was going to be, I was going to burn the place down because fuck high school. That's where I go in my nightmares.

• Options
    Something must be up with my life because for the past 3 nights my dreams have involved being a skilled person within the setting but then when a corrupt government tries to imprison me I reveal myself to be the dreamer, in other words the god of the world, and then I go absolutely ham on destroying them, but not in a way that's quick. I make them actually suffer for being so corrupt, as in I will just personally go to the various offices of people and take them out without using any powers. Just walk in the door, shrug off all their defenses, and bring them down personally. It's been three different settings, like the first one was medieval with little bit of modern, then there was a futuristic one last night, and this night it was basically a seafaring world. But in all three cases the governments basically imprison me under trumped-up charges with no merit.

The first one I was a villager and the village was next to this gigantic tree that was very magical, very old, and had a shrine underneath it. Well the shrine was corrupted by something and the tree and the village burn down and the government blamed me as the sole survivor, resulting in the running for most of the dream but at least I had a cool set of magical armor that basically granted me infinite mana, though I really only used it to fly. The second one I kind of forgot most of what it was about. But the third one they imprisoned me because they claimed that I did not pay the proper amount for registration when I had a receipt, so it was more like Trump World rules interpretations than actual truth. The third dream I had a lot more fun with it as a result of the past two nights basically encouraging me to go full divine much faster rather than towards the end of the dream, such as shrugging off bullets, throwing people who try to grab me around, basically saying fuck the police every single time they showed up, and eventually showing that I was in control and they were all fucked.

They were odd dreams because normally I don't like to control my dreams, even though I'm a lucid dreamer. I kind of make myself forget that I'm dreaming because it's more fun that way and yet for the past 3 nights I've had to force myself to remember that I'm the dreamer and essentially take control of the dream, which is actually kind of fun in its own way, but mostly because the alternative is being locked up in a Cell for the duration of the dream which of course because of Dreamtime can be anywhere from a year to several hundred within the course of a single night. It's boring, it's not fun, and I'll definitely take ruining the entire thing over just playing my part as I usually do.

I'm actually curious as to why this has been a recurring theme in my dreams for three nights, like could it have something to do with the job interview coming up next week? The political climate? What is it that's making my subconscious abandon long held beliefs of not interfering with the dreamer as the dreamer, to try and shackle me under corruption and injustice, and essentially force me into seizing control in order to erase that evil? Curious.

• Options

I claim no psychic powers. My subconscious just knows darn well that once a billionaire plows right through "full Howard Hughes" there's nowhere else to go but "supervillain."

• Options
    Bits from last night

multiple office tower collapses in Seattle
    searching for the secret morgue
    Quiznos branded and colored military helicopters
    a mystery girl who steals my heart, and my corporate secrets
    the ocean being really creepy
    locations from old dreams back, but in decay
    the ocean again, still creepy, fighting the urge to let the ever-growing waves take me

• Options
    edited November 2018
    My weirdest dream lately was heing stuck in a school and being milked and nobody seeming to notice
    It uh has raised some questions

King Riptor on
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Slept for about 15 hours saturday. Partially because I'd had a long week but also because my dreams got progressively more vivid and weird. Had dreams that felt like they lasted days and I can still remember some of them in pretty good detail.

Like how I was signing up for this off-planet research/defense school. The aliens couldn't pick up the planet through any scans due to the material that made up its core so humanity picked it to train its future military. I remember getting all kinds of blood tests, staying up through the night to watch video training classes on the different kinds of vehicles humanity has employeed against this alien species and their overall effectiveness.

Just a lot of weird cool shit.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I had a fairly mundane dream in which I was furious at @Moriveth because it turned out we still had 28 boxes stored in a commercial storage lot that he’d been paying $280/mo for. He sent me a text expecting me to pay a contract release fee and to pick up all the boxes and move them home because he was ‘too tired’ for work.

I’ve been puzzling over why the number 28 was stuck in my head and I’m pretty sure it’s because I’ve been playing Stardew Valley in which each season lasts 28 days (which I remain hyper aware of because I don’t wish my crops to die).

And yes, I have been worrying about money and also about not feeling like we are finished unpacking.

• Options
    The part with the secret morgue, there's been this recurring setting where I'm infiltrating and trying to dismantle some faceless, gargantuan bureaucracy, and I discovered that somehow it's fueled by the dead.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Last night I dreamt I was back off the Syrian coast with work and I was hit by a missile.

Then the camera, as it were, planned around to me, looking shocked, and then another me puts a hand on my shoulder and said, “It’s alright, none of this is canon.”