As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Cosplay Thread

• Options
    nernerrynnnernerrynn Queen of Buttskirts PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    MissMoogle wrote: »
    nernerrynn wrote: »
    I will be attending as Hyrule Warriors Queen Zelda and will be in a considerable sized group of HW cosplayers. :D
    xf00a9b8tn72.jpg

As well as a gijinka Leafeon alongside a gijinka Glaceon
    q0m09w9z7mkc.gif

If I have the time I will be making a third costume, but I have NO IDEA what that'll be. :D

Wow, I am so excited to hear there are other HW groups coming to pax! I will also be going as Zelda, and my sister is going as Impa :)

We should all plan to meet up for a group photo!

Oh absolutely! :) We're planning on doing our group Saturday!

• Options
    DLRexxDLRexx Registered User new member
    Junpei and Akihiko will be there on Friday :D

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    My friend @LucanDesmond and I are cosplaying Asami and Bumi fro Legend of Korra. I'll also be cosplaying Fire Nation Suki from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

My current line up is Asami Fri/Sat, and Suki Sun.
    Any other Avatar cosplayers it would be awesome to meet up with you.

KellyShepard087 on
    - Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    raistliinraistliin master nerdlord bostonRegistered User new member
    i'll be leblanc from league of legends for all three days! hopefully my costume comes together in time ;_;

HOO HOO PAX YEAR NUMBA THREE
    classic leblanc (fri&sat&sun)
    badges [x] hotel [x] leblanc [3%]
    panic [100%]
  • Options
    HearthsingerHearthsinger Actor/Writer NYCRegistered User regular
    p45szvxx7do4.jpg

Had a great time at South! Can't wait to see you guys at East!

• Options
    ChiakiTokiChiakiToki Ultimate Gamer Registered User new member
    Doing Chiaki from DR2 and Reggie fils Aime (don't judge me)

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Where is the photo taken, I could swear I've been there @Hearthsinger‌

ishtra on
    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    ishtra wrote: »
    That was at The Alamo just around the corner from PAX south. :)

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular

Are you... remembering?

• Options
    ilta wrote: »

Are you... remembering?

Yes. That is what it looks like when Chronormu remembers :)

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    working on a Princess Daisy costume that I'll be bringing along with me :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    luxloluxlo OntarioRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So is it likely that there will be at least any type of cosplay contest this year?? has there ever been any in the past?

This is my first time attending PAX, coming from Ontario and lugging my huge cosplay (guild wars 2) I've been working on for months and would love a contest or something. If not, I'm still excited to wear it around and check out all the other costumes too!

luxlo on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    PAX does not organize its own cosplay contests. Some exhibitors do, though.

• Options
    craiola wrote: »

If your Princess Daisy Friday you should keep an eye out for the Mario sisters and your male counter part with Prince Peach. :D

• Options

If your Princess Daisy Friday you should keep an eye out for the Mario sisters and your male counter part with Prince Peach. :D

I will definitely look out for that! That would be awesome :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    okay thanks

so if any of those exhibitor ones are made, will they be posted at the top of this thread here? and how do you find/enter them? are they usually just for one type of cosplay eg. Nintendo cosplays for that exhibitor?
    or just, any general infor on exhibitor cosplay contests?

(sorry about all the questions, I just know nothing about them and would love to know as much ahead of time)

• Options
    I believe in the past that Gearbox has held cosplay contests? (Correct me if I'm wrong) Bioware lets their cosplayers get front row seats in panels and has a cosplay parade each year. Riot is doing a Cospitality lounge this year for cosplayers.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    MissMoogle wrote: »
    I will be attending as Hyrule Warriors Queen Zelda and will be in a considerable sized group of HW cosplayers. :D
    xf00a9b8tn72.jpg

As well as a gijinka Leafeon alongside a gijinka Glaceon
    q0m09w9z7mkc.gif

If I have the time I will be making a third costume, but I have NO IDEA what that'll be. :D

Wow, I am so excited to hear there are other HW groups coming to pax! I will also be going as Zelda, and my sister is going as Impa :)

We should all plan to meet up for a group photo!

Oh absolutely! :) We're planning on doing our group Saturday!

Fantastic! We just added two more people to our party (a Lana and possibly a ganondorf!)
    Message me if you want to meet up/help organize a hyrule warriors group shoot on Saturday! :)

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • Options
    luxlo wrote: »
    okay thanks

so if any of those exhibitor ones are made, will they be posted at the top of this thread here? and how do you find/enter them? are they usually just for one type of cosplay eg. Nintendo cosplays for that exhibitor?

(sorry about all the questions, I just know nothing about them and would love to know as much ahead of time)

I attended a cosplay contest last year held by the developers of Strife. Winners of the contest were asked to make a cosplay to promote their game and would be flown out to Pax Prime to advertise (awesome). Unfortunately for me, I didn't win, but some exceptionally talented cosplayers won. I don't know much else about any other coscontests, hopefully once the schedule is released we'll be able to see what's going on then. c:

• Options

I will definitely look out for that! That would be awesome :)

I will keep an eye out for you too my friend! :D It'd be awesome to get some shots together. c:

• Options
    NorseDancePartyNorseDanceParty Registered User new member
    I’m so pumped for Pax east. I’m in that huge hyrule warriors group as well as Impa. I’m also doing Lady Ike in the smash group as well. I’m so hype for this con.

Here are my cosplays so far:

Fem Ike
    uD9fbwM.jpg

Impa
    uLUunOW.jpg

• Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    Will be honoring the 20th Anniversary of Earthbound's US release! Will likely be walking around with a few fellow Smash Bros.'ers as well! 30 days to go!

• Options
    DoktrMikeDoktrMike Registered User regular
    If anyone is planning on doing a Destiny cosplay at PAX East this year, would be interested in carrying a sweet-ass Thorn replica as part of their costume, and is responsible enough to not break said sweet-ass Thorn replica, please PM me.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    okay thanks

I attended a cosplay contest last year held by the developers of Strife. Winners of the contest were asked to make a cosplay to promote their game and would be flown out to Pax Prime to advertise (awesome). Unfortunately for me, I didn't win, but some exceptionally talented cosplayers won. I don't know much else about any other coscontests, hopefully once the schedule is released we'll be able to see what's going on then. c:

ahh that's awesome!
    So did you just walk around and then happen to find it in time/where was it held?
    Was the contest like you can go up to their booth and sign up during any time of the weekend, then find the winners out later?
    And a contest like that was put into the official schedule then, or just sourced and put in places like this?

luxlo on
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Will be honoring the 20th Anniversary of Earthbound's US release! Will likely be walking around with a few fellow Smash Bros.'ers as well! 30 days to go!
    I've always wanted to photo bomb a Smash Bros group photo as Captain N.. but nobody knows who he is, so it feels like it would just come off as a dick move.

• Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    I've always wanted to photo bomb a Smash Bros group photo as Captain N.. but nobody knows who he is, so it feels like it would just come off as a dick move.

Well, I mean there MAY be a Smah group walking around on Friday with a buttload of genderbends.

Who IRONICALLY, don't have a problem with photobombing Captain N.

But again, this is a maybe
    Right? ;D

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »

Well, I mean there MAY be a Smah group walking around on Friday with a buttload of genderbends.

Who IRONICALLY, don't have a problem with photobombing Captain N.

But again, this is a maybe
    Right? ;D

Pit? MegaMan? What did Motherbrain do to you?! .. Also, how long did it take Simon to hit on you and get himself thrown into a warp zone?
    :biggrin:

Now I actually need to pack the costume.

• Options
    thranerthraner Registered User new member
    I've been working on my female Gambit cosplay off-and-on for the last few weeks. I'm hoping to see some other people in Marvel outfits, but failing that, every con I've ever attended has had a Deadpool running around.

• Options
    okay thanks

Oh you're no bother at all! :D

The one we went to was listed like a panel. I actually think it was the only 'MAJOR' contest last year regarding cosplay (asfarasIknow)

To find out about them, keep an eye on the panel schedules. And as far as last year's went it was literally just a line you waited in. I meant a bunch of cool people in line that I'm actually cosplaying in groups with this year. So even if you don't get to win/get in, it's so worth it to swing in and meet everyone. c:

• Options
    NorseDancePartyNorseDanceParty Registered User new member
    All the conests I've been in at Pax have been word of mouth. I've found if you wander the expo hall booths will stop you and notify you of contests. If I findout any before hand I'll pass it along to this thread.

• Options
    clembotclembot MichiganRegistered User new member
    My fiance and I are going as the Suikoden characters Flik and Odessa. Not sure which day we're gonna wear them yet though.
    e72jslqa5gow.jpg

• Options
    okay thanks

Oh you're no bother at all! :D

The one we went to was listed like a panel. I actually think it was the only 'MAJOR' contest last year regarding cosplay (asfarasIknow)

To find out about them, keep an eye on the panel schedules. And as far as last year's went it was literally just a line you waited in. I meant a bunch of cool people in line that I'm actually cosplaying in groups with this year. So even if you don't get to win/get in, it's so worth it to swing in and meet everyone. c:

oh okay :) yeah sounds like it's worth it either way to check out.
    All the conests I've been in at Pax have been word of mouth. I've found if you wander the expo hall booths will stop you and notify you of contests. If I findout any before hand I'll pass it along to this thread.
    hmm ok :)

• Options
    DLRexxDLRexx Registered User new member
    clembot wrote: »
    My fiance and I are going as the Suikoden characters Flik and Odessa. Not sure which day we're gonna wear them yet though.
    e72jslqa5gow.jpg

I really hope you go Friday because that would be an awesome cosplay to see!

• Options
    JeoJeo Registered User regular
    This will be my 5th pax, 3rd pax cosplaying, and luckily enough 1st year running a panel (about cosplay)

PE2013:
    lastyear_zps9fc692ca.png
    PE2014:
    IMG_0690_zps516beaa5.jpg
    and this year!:
    left to right (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
    2ch47s2jpg_zps0bcf247d.png

• Options
    littlelion2klittlelion2k New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'm going a bit old school and cosplaying as my childhood favorite, Carmen Sandiego. It also gives me an excuse to wear my favorite red trenchcoat!

Also I have to say, all the costumes in this thread so far look amazing. I can't wait to geek out over them in person!

• Options
    LadyDead CosplayLadyDead Cosplay Registered User new member
    edited February 2015
    I always try to get a group of Deadpools together at other cons for a Deadpool dance party. This will be my 1st time attending any PAX con

LadyDead Cosplay on
  • Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Super pumped to Cosplay around as Ness, 2nd year copslaying, 3rd Con doing it at! See ya'll at PAX! (was going to attach a pic, but it really blows this up and I can't figure out how to shrink it on chromebook)

Account4This on
  • Options
    JeoJeo Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm going a bit old school and cosplaying as my childhood favorite, Carmen Sandiego. It also gives me an excuse to wear my favorite red trenchcoat!

Also I have to say, all the costumes in this thread so far look amazing. I can't wait to geek out over them in person!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ozYg8vDTmkc

Me as well. Although PAX East always seems a little cosplay dry, it always improves every year!

Jeo on
  • Options
    AmandaGCGAmandaGCG Registered User regular
    Progressing in my femme Rain from Mortal Kombat. Also my Ultron Black Widow is gonna light up ^.^ i7qyzri8n05c.jpg
    app976fufxy3.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Jeo wrote: »
    This will be my 5th pax, 3rd pax cosplaying, and luckily enough 1st year running a panel (about cosplay)

PE2013:
    lastyear_zps9fc692ca.png
    PE2014:
    IMG_0690_zps516beaa5.jpg
    and this year!:
    left to right (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
    2ch47s2jpg_zps0bcf247d.png

Your Snake looks INCREDIBLY familiar to me, I know I saw you PASEast14, yet I can't recall holding a conversation with you. D:

Also, dat fem!Yang doe. I'll be doing Yang for Otakon15 this year, BUT your Yang looks awesome and I am EXCITED to see it. ;D

nernerrynn on