As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Look Out, Scooby! There are G-G-G-Ghosts in the Halloween Thread!

Lost SalientLost Salient blink twiceif you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
edited October 2014 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpvdAJYvofI

Now, I know what you're saying, because I said it, too. "It's September, Sandra! That isn't the month for Halloween! Don't join the legions of fuckers who play Christmas music before Thanksgiving!"

Well, I hear you, and those people and stores are awful. In fact, if you're hoping (or... fearing) that I'm starting my Halloween Countdown today, you'll be disappointed (or super relieved, depending). That is still happening, and it will begin on October 1st as God (in this scenario that's me) intended.

But many folks have spent months laboring over lists of Halloween costume ideas, and are now at various stages of costume assembly even. People may be searching desperately for the year's best idea because they're late to the game. It's Sexy Lady Bucky Barnes, if you're wondering.

Here is the place for you to begin your Halloween planning. Or whatever. Tell us what you're wearing. Not right now, on October 31st. Jesus.

You don't really know much about Halloween, do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKNIqG9J2KU

RUVCwyu.jpg
"Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
Lost Salient on

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I watched all of Season of the Witch on TV when I was like, 15, and was waiting until literally the very last second for Michael Myers to show up and was the MOST CONFUSED when that didn't happen

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh good thank god it's here

I need so much help guys

I've narrowed my Halloween costume down to two choices, but I'm really stuck here

I'm pretty drunk though, I'll follow up with this in the morning

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to celebrate Halloween in years so I really don't know what the hell I'm doing this year for a costume.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    We don't really have Halloween here. :(

Maybe I should just dress up and play video games at home in spite of this.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I have a passable Rasputin costume from a couple years ago, but generally no where to use it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Someone invite me to a halloween party

I've been wanting to dress up like Sally Bowles for the past two years running.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    You can watch Halloween 3 without even being told it was a film in the Halloween franchise and you will still be thoroughly confused.

Tynic, you're invited to Austin for Halloween. My best friend, his girlfriend, my brother and I are going as Jurassic Park characters.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    mind the last time i had a night out on halloween was in a club and watched a cowboy and scooby doo batter fuck out each other on the dance floor

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    You can watch Halloween 3 without even being told it was a film in the Halloween franchise and you will still be thoroughly confused.

Tynic, you're invited to Austin for Halloween. My best friend, his girlfriend, my brother and I are going as Jurassic Park characters.

poof poof poof poof
    happy Happy happy Halloween Halloween happy happy Halloween
    Silver Shamrock

I almost have my Raptor costume done so many feathers
    It's going to be fun to treat or trick people on the street and at their homes as it
    I do hope I don't get shot at in it

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i'l be in toowoomba at a shakespeare conference

a more thrilling and spooktacular evening it is hard to imagine

• Options
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    aw yeah best holidaaaaayyyyy

i love halloween.

i'm really hoping netflix has a good crop of horror films to put up soon.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I will be living in Salem, MA for this Halloween, so that should be interesting.

• Options
    I used to have a shitty Nokia flip phone that had this ringtone on it

http://youtu.be/RP79cH99VrU

I think it's a beautiful example of the spooky waltz and I always hoped it would pop up on other phones but it never did

Hell I'd listen to a full song of this

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Ugh!

Its not even October yet!

Jeez!

• Options

i love halloween.

But are you awesome enough to Trick or Treat at funeral house?, A grocery store? and a few other places?

I love reverse trick or treating
    Sadly I get a lot of drunks and very confused people.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Ugh!

Jeez!

Christmas decorations are being put up in the department stores in my city.

• Options
    Ugh!

Jeez!

They have had the trees set up at work since Aug. 21st

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Gosh I love Neil Cicierega

• Options
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

i love halloween.

I did a thirty one spooky nights of Netflix last year for my blog

And I think like nineteen of them are still available on instant

So if you're looking for some good stuff before Sandra starts her countdown as well, here ya go

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Can I come? I've got this down.

• Options
    Alright, here's my Halloween dilemma, and hopefully y'all can help.

My two costume ideas are Danny Rand, The Iron Fist and the legendary Wendigo of Algonquin lore.

For Iron Fist I'd be going for this costume:
    WfLYWJ8.jpg

The Wendigo would be mostly dependent on a quality makeup job, and I haven't done sketches for it yet, but the basic plan is heavy frostbite, chewed up lips, malnutrition, and emaciation. Beyond that it would involve some winter clothes, in various levels of torn up, and potentially turning my hands into claws a little bit. I'm going for the very human Wendigo- a man who, trapped in the wilds of Canada, was forced to eat human flesh and succumbed to the curse of unending hunger.

I think they're both pretty solid costume ideas for me, which is why I'm stuck.

The cons for Iron Fist would be that I'd have to wear that mask all night, as I'm not actually blond, nor am I willing to bleach again; I'd probably need to work out a bit more in the next month, because I'm in good shape, but not comic book good; and that Halloween in Chicago might be like, negative twenty degrees and I'll be shirtless.

The cons for Wendigo are that it might be the only costume idea I've had less recognizable than Iron Fist (which is fine, in a way, because I'd be emphasizing the core Halloween tenets of horror) and that makeup tends to mix poorly with a lot of drinking and sweating.

Also there are probably plenty of other things I'm not thinking of but whatever.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I wish we did Halloween here, I'd love to go to one but I don't know anyone who'll be having one. I'd want to dress as Thor.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

i love halloween.

I did a thirty one spooky nights of Netflix last year for my blog

And I think like nineteen of them are still available on instant

So if you're looking for some good stuff before Sandra starts her countdown as well, here ya go
    You got good taste in horror movies bro.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    GET HYPED FOR HALLOWEEN, MOTHERFU-

*polite cough*

I mean ...

Yes, I will be dressing up this year and I look forward to many costume photos.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I miss Halloween.

Like most holidays I celebrate it by staying home and eating too much seasonal candy.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Last time I dressed up for Halloween I was Snake Plissken and my roommate was Solid Snake. Unfortunately our costumes were wasted on a bunch of people who didn't get it.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I keep thinking about losing my mind and doing a full on elite knight armor costume.

For Halloween and for bashcon.

• Options
    I don't have any Halloween plans yet for this year

Last year I was supposed to go out on the town (ha, right, sure) with some people, but it ended up that nobody actually called me with the details, nor answered my calls, so it turned into a sad Clark Kent just hanging out in his apartment

So what I'm saying is this year there's nowhere to go but up, really

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    this is my first American Halloween since I was like five

I am having some major choice paralysis re: costumes

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My ladyfriend's gonna be Louise Belcher

I'ma be Tina

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    this is my first American Halloween since I was like five

I am having some major choice paralysis re: costumes

Brock Sampson, obviously.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    my sister gets the dogs the best costumes every year

this year is a piggie and a banana

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I am going as Hawkguy.

I will look for any excuse to say "Aww ______, no." the entire night

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ugh!

Jeez!

They have had the trees set up at work since Aug. 21st

The superstores here all have their Xmas stuff up already, but the best is around the first week of October, when they just go around and put halloween decorations on the christmas decorations , it's hilarious,

Trees decorated with ghosts and pumpkins and such.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    My plan is to summon the devourer of souls.

And then, when everyone's souls are eaten, I get all the candy they bought.

Foolproof.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    My plan is to summon the devourer of souls.

And then, when everyone's souls are eaten, I get all the candy they bought.

Foolproof.

So your plan is for the earth to contain, You, A giant pile of candy, and something named Devourer,

This can't end well.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    They're going to have to come up with like, diabetes type 3 or something for you in that case.