Options

[Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain] THREADS THAT KILL. (OUT NOW)

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Heh, weird. Had a dream that MGSV released on August 8th. Now there's a countdown to the release date. C'mon precognition, don't let me down now. <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Last I checked it's about 15 minutes left till announcement but the page I have open is just constantly refreshing itself for some reason lol

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    1 day, 15 minutes

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    wat

edit: Goddamnit of course. That's what I get for living in upsidedownland where "Wednesday morning" on most publications is actually "the Wednesday morning 24 hours after your own Wednesday morning". Well now I'm just tired *and* I feel like an idiot.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    At least Konami is promising something "pretty good"

Actually they said "Big Boss"

I mean "bigbigbig"

It's gonna be the release date for sure.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    release date, the v of the v 201v.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    September 1st, 2015, Worldwide

• Options
    Hey, I wasn't far off! Good job, dream me. <3

That's gonna make a nice graduation present. ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Hey, is Ground Zeros worth 20 bucks?

Cabezone on
  • Options
    I think it is. It's been cheaper, but yeah.

• Options
    is that september 1st pc too?

• Options
    They didn't say anything about platforms but I assume they mean everything.

• Options
    Well that steals some of the thunder from the announcement.

I don't think I'll ever get as hyped as I did from the Microsoft E3 2013 conference where MGSV came out of the blue straight in a cold open. Everyone's just leaking shit all over the place like a bad food day in Thailand.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Fucking September 15th for PC users.
    KOJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh and the collectors edition has a "Half-scale Replica of Snake's Bionic Arm" for some reason.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    2 week wait for PC isn't too bad. Nothing like the wait for GTA5.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    The arm is kind of a lame CE bonus but $100 isn't too ridiculous for all the stuff you get.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Get hyyyped.

Really all I have to say, but it must be said.

• Options
    MGO trailer with commentary for extra info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTNESMVZD-U

"We initially had an actual puppy distract enemies, but we changed it to a plushie so that players wouldn't have to shoot puppies on the battlefield"

• Options
    i am so looking forward to this.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Here's a full breakdown of the different MGSV packages + extra photos of all the accessories

Japanese collector's edition gets a 1:1 robo arm and an artbook, but no behind the scenes bonus disc, it seems

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Ok, the full size replica is badass but 30k yen is about $250 so fuck that.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I want that steelbook, but I would gladly trade that robo-arm for the artbook in the Japanese version.

• Options
    EupfhoriaEupfhoria Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I want that steelbook, but I would gladly trade that robo-arm for the artbook in the Japanese version.

yeah, I've decided that no Yoji Shinkawa artwork=no sale. Not really interested in importing either, so it'll just be a standard edition for me

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHXSUzLhYf0

watchthiswatchthiswatchthiswatchthis WATCH THIS

I died laughing!

Poor doggy!

He doesn't know what to do!

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    That was cute! THIS WASN'T

cho_1280.jpg

Goddamn teases. >:I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    On the subject of Rising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8mjKZxccM

What is the music track used for Kojima's final cut trailer? I can't find it on any OST. Is it third party trailer music?

• Options
    It is indeed some third party trailer music! 2 tracks actually. Hurt and Rada both by a guy called Thomas Bergersen.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Word is going around that Kojima is leaving/kicked out of Konami.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Word is going around that Kojima is leaving/kicked out of Konami.

They have apparently removed his name from all promotional materials and the game. It is no longer A Hideo Kojima Game.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Konami has responded to the rumours, apparently stating that "Konami Digital Entertainment, including Mr. Kojima, will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements", but declined to comment on the changes detailed below.

Seems like any mention of Kojima or KojiPro has been removed from the official MGSV page. Stuff like "A Hideo Kojima Game" is gone now. Very mysterious. I'd hazard a guess KojiPro just got dismantled, and is now generic Konami Dev Team?

...shit, also this does not bode well for Silent Hills, huh?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    He must be too successful for the Konami culture of failure.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Welp, there goes Konami for good.

Or maybe it's more kojima trolling

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KojiPro just got renamed into konami los angeles game studio.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Wow. The last megaton like this I can think of was Itagaki/Team Ninja. God damn.

This could -- I can't believe I'm writing this -- be good. It might be interesting to see Kojima make something aside from Metal Gear? Maybe? Hrm.

Fawst on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    It would appear that Kojima is leaving Konami.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    scrubbing his name off MGSV

Rude.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/
    A fallout between Kojima Productions and its owning publisher, Konami, has led to senior staff at the studio being restricted access to corporate internet, emails, and phone, GameSpot understands.

Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
    "After we finish MGSV, Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source claimed.

The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."

• Options
    well shit, it really is the last metal gear game.

wonder what's going to happen with silent hills now too.

This discussion has been closed.