As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] obscures your vision, but the Aliens are still there.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Hey man.

Flora's Fruit Farm is a-ok.

I wasn't knocking it, just facilitating knowledge of it for all the apple pickers out there!
    On that note, Labor Day weekend we had friends that went apple picking and upon their return, there were homemade pies. Delicious!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Madican wrote: »
    It is not the best time of year until I can stop needing a fan pointed straight at my bed to prevent waking up in a literal puddle of sweat.

Last night was a vast improvement from the previous week. (Fellow San Diegan)
    Bubby wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    It is not the best time of year until I can stop needing a fan pointed straight at my bed to prevent waking up in a literal puddle of sweat.

Last night was a vast improvement from the previous week. (Fellow San Diegan)

SD here too. Last week, particularly the 16th was absolute hell heat. Today is so much better.

I am aware. I've been without A/C for going on two weeks now though, and my apartment retains heat like nothing else. Great in winter, horrible in summer.

Also I am now blaming both of you for this rain, and coming humidity, because you just had to tempt the San Diego weather gods.

Madican on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So how much would an ffxiii trilogy be? Because if it were reasonable enough, I might go for it.

The first one seems reasonably priced at $16, so picking it up during sale shouldn't be too bad.

• Options
    PewnyPewny Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Pewny wrote: »
    Will Outland use UPlay? Cause ya know, Ubisoft....

I gotta be honest - I'm not seeing the reason for the continued UPlay hatred.

It's in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and it's completely unobtrusive. It starts up when the game launches, and then goes away, and just tracks some achievement points (which you can spend to unlock visual customization stuff).

When it started, and it was its own form of always-online DRM? Yeah, that sucked. But they've stopped doing that, as near as I can tell.

I've just had problems with AC2 which does use it. I don't know if that's just because it's older or what, but it was obtrusive and wouldn't launch the game most of the time. Granted I didn't waste a lot of money on it (sales, yay!), but I skip Ubisoft titles on the PC because of that. It has been around 6 months are so since I've last tried, but I can't assume it has changed a whole lot since then.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

It's in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and it's completely unobtrusive. It starts up when the game launches, and then goes away, and just tracks some achievement points (which you can spend to unlock visual customization stuff).

When it started, and it was its own form of always-online DRM? Yeah, that sucked. But they've stopped doing that, as near as I can tell.

My beef with uPlay anymore is the same as my beef with Origin and Telltale. When their games go on sale on amazon they are almost always keys for a platform I don't want. Sell me a Steam key that opens up baby uPlay a la Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and we're cool. Sell me a uPlay key and I'm not biting.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

Yeah my only issues with Uplay amount to often forgetting to close the Uplay window after closing the game, and a lack of steam achievements and junk. Which amounts to about as minor an annoyance as that stuff gets.
    Oh and that Friends stuff has to pull from a whole separate Uplay list instead of through steam. It's like it'd be better if were just integrated with Steam properly, but it doesn't bust up the game. I'd be more concerned with the fact that Ubi has done a crappy job on their PC versions of games a number of times more so than the Uplay stuff. Although I had no problems with Black Flag, I heard Watchdogs was pretty rocky.

Edit: This being in reference to baby Uplay opening through Steam. I think I have one direct through Uplay game. Oh that was actually Black Flag I think. From a video card promo.
    Here's the problem with that. I still have some Splinter Cell game on there from the same promotion that I constantly forget I have.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    So how much would an ffxiii trilogy be? Because if it were reasonable enough, I might go for it.

The first one seems reasonably priced at $16, so picking it up during sale shouldn't be too bad.

Picked it up for $11 plus change in GMG with a coupon.

At that price it's worth a look.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Now I want to go apple picking..

On steam, tonight will there be a streamer? Cause, at work again, might get a chance to stop by and say hi.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Is there a plan for some europe-friendly hawken time this weekend?

You Yankee-doodles get all the fun.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Now I want to go apple picking..

On steam, tonight will there be a streamer? Cause, at work again, might get a chance to stop by and say hi.

If I make it to the Hawken fun, I'll most definitely stream my amazing skills blundering deaths!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Details?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Bundlestars is giving away copies of Space Hack

http://bstars.co/giveaway

I grabbed one, not realizing that I already owned it. So, if you'd like a key and don't want to click some silly link:
    Loading...?

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    So, getting ready to head out to the orchard, and I get a blip on my Steam from @Talus9952 , who proceeds to smack me with an indiegala key.

It turns out to unlock a copy of Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded- I've always been a little curious about this line of games, but could never track one down.

Thanks!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Many, many thanks to @Talus9952 for the completely unexpected and unsolicited gift of Lifeless Planet! I shall enjoy being lonely off-world, thanks to you. <3

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    So, getting ready to head out to the orchard, and I get a blip on my Steam from @Talus9952 , who proceeds to smack me with an indiegala key.

It turns out to unlock a copy of Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded- I've always been a little curious about this line of games, but could never track one down.

Thanks!

Was just coming here to say he surprised me with the same thing. What a lovely person.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Still two of these codes for Warlock: Master of the Arcane! I'm not even sure if this will work since I can't quote myself from the old thread, but I'm trying to use the "fairshare" tag mixed with the link to the giveaway and hoping for positive results:

Loading...?

edit: yay, it worked

SteevL on
  • Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »

Thanks!

Was just coming here to say he surprised me with the same thing. What a lovely person.

He is a top gent indeed.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    Bundlestars is giving away copies of Space Hack

http://bstars.co/giveaway

I grabbed one, not realizing that I already owned it. So, if you'd like a key and don't want to click some silly link:
    <snip>

I did the same thing! Someone else can have my code too:
    Loading...?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    DaringDirk wrote: »

Details?

$11.51 with voucher E93D4T-5XG1JG-CYU67Q

EDIT: Though there is a slightly better one.

If you aren't already subscribed to the GMG newsletter, you can do so and get this, which includes a 23% off coupon and some other goodies.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    oops

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    My brain is so tired from staying up til nearly midnight helping a friend put a bed together. I read "Space Hack" as "Space Hulk" thinking it was really "Space Marine" because I just saw the 5k keys for Dawn of War. So... yeah, I grabbed @Krummith's code and it turns out I already own Space Hack. So ... yeah, I need to not click stuff in my current state.

Here's the code, back into the wild for anyone to snag:

Loading...?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    http://www.housemarqueblog.com/outland/outland-housemarques-award-winning-platformer-coming-steam-sept-29th/2014/09/19/

Outland is hitting Steam at the end of the month. Another one of the few console smaller games comes over. Just need Shadow Complex now.

I might be one of the ten people who bought Outland for the 360. Imagine the color swap bullet hell of Ikaruga crossed with a metroidvania. Also throw in some of the tightest, most fluid platforming controls you'll ever see and you've got a winner.

... Go on.

It's a beautifully animated Metroidvania style game with the backgrounds lush, jungle style things but the foreground and characters are mostly silhouettes that glow in particular colors. You can flip your character's color to be more/less effective against enemies or to have their bullets do no damage and there are platforms that are only usable or only start moving if you are a particular color. It's stunningly good looking in motion and a bunch of fun.

Also, obligatory video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVNonqkjncE

The thing that I remember the most from Outland is the control. It was amazingly tuned and felt so good, like driving a high end sports car. I even used the analog sticks for movement, which I normally don't do with a platformer. I don't know what KBAM would be like, but I highly recommend a gamepad to play it.

So it's a little like Guacamelee?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Outland looks super pretty. Might have to get on that one.

• Options
    Mr Torgue and Sir Hammerlock on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCmDjYunsT8

• Options

Details?

$11.51 with voucher E93D4T-5XG1JG-CYU67Q

EDIT: Though there is a slightly better one.

If you aren't already subscribed to the GMG newsletter, you can do so and get this, which includes a 23% off coupon and some other goodies.

Already have an account, and that voucher seems to not work? Will search the Internets for another 20% voucher when I get home from work...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Nope. Not feeling the Pre-Sequel. Guess I'll just have to wait for part 3 to see if I care anymore.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    http://www.housemarqueblog.com/outland/outland-housemarques-award-winning-platformer-coming-steam-sept-29th/2014/09/19/

Outland is hitting Steam at the end of the month. Another one of the few console smaller games comes over. Just need Shadow Complex now.

I might be one of the ten people who bought Outland for the 360. Imagine the color swap bullet hell of Ikaruga crossed with a metroidvania. Also throw in some of the tightest, most fluid platforming controls you'll ever see and you've got a winner.

... Go on.

It's a beautifully animated Metroidvania style game with the backgrounds lush, jungle style things but the foreground and characters are mostly silhouettes that glow in particular colors. You can flip your character's color to be more/less effective against enemies or to have their bullets do no damage and there are platforms that are only usable or only start moving if you are a particular color. It's stunningly good looking in motion and a bunch of fun.

Also, obligatory video:

The thing that I remember the most from Outland is the control. It was amazingly tuned and felt so good, like driving a high end sports car. I even used the analog sticks for movement, which I normally don't do with a platformer. I don't know what KBAM would be like, but I highly recommend a gamepad to play it.

That's a good comparison. I didn't think to make it because Outland predates Guacamelee by several years.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Jazz wrote: »

Sweet! Game looks good!

DoctorArch on
  • Options

Sweet!

Anyone know what the best deal on the Pre-Sequel is right now?

Taunting Isy?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Sweet!

Anyone know what the best deal on the Pre-Sequel is right now?

Taunting Isy?

Dammit. Edited. (Plus I think he's at work now so I'm safe-ish).

Seriously no gifts. Don't.

DoctorArch on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    As cold as Borderlands tends to leave me, I really enjoyed that vid.
    MR TORGUE APPROVES THIS SH!T

BECAUSE REASONS

It's a series I want to get into, but struggle to do so. If that makes sense. I mean, shit, I own both the existing games twice each (360 & Steam). I try, dammit. I try.

Jazz on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

Sweet! Game looks good!

I have to say, this video was a breath of fresh air over in the Borderlands thread. Whlie the proof is in the pudding, so to speak, it seems like they're addressing at least some of the hardcore fans' disappointments with the BL2 late game -- specificlaly super, super spongy mobs and bosses, grinding for specific gear combos, and the horrifying drop rate -- and maybe turning down the dials on those things in the Pre-Sequel. The damage progression is flatter, the 'grinder' letting you turn greens into blues (and blues into purples?) and several scenes in the video with lots of oranges at least hint at the possibility that things will be better.

I wasn't super, super pumped for this new one coming off 300+ hours of Borderlands 2. I'm feeling a lot better about it now, though. And thanks to @Big Classy‌ I'll be in there shooting and looting at launch. :)

EDIT: Also, MR. TORGUE is the best.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Not Steam, but Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 launches September 30th; finished game is still apparently on course for release this year. Also, to celebrate its 30th anniversary, the original Elite is now properly, legitimately, free.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Not Steam, but Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 launches September 30th; finished game is still apparently on course for release this year. Also, to celebrate its 30th anniversary, the original Elite is now properly, legitimately, free.

I really want to try it but it would make my computer cry out. Too many shinies!

Also @Talus9952‌ pm'd me a bunch of codes for games! I haven't had a chance to redeem them yet but hank you mate! (Seriously, I'm happy not being at 2000 games, you can stop)

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Talus9952‌ for two... Card dropping simulators according to him :-P

RIPD the game and Shiny the Firefly!

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    I just realized:
    iFct2WW.jpg
    Mmmhh...
    Should I take any precautions before adding 3 more games to my bank?
    You know, just in case my computer starts doing weird things (like levitating, vomiting pea-soup or installing GFWL on its own?)

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Generally speaking, the problem with getting enthused by the Pre-Sequel is that... well, this is a game supposedly from the perspective of Handsome Jack's side. I don't even want the perspective of Handsome Jack's side. I don't give a smidgen of a shit.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Generally speaking, the problem with getting enthused by the Pre-Sequel is that... well, this is a game supposedly from the perspective of Handsome Jack's side. I don't even want the perspective of Handsome Jack's side. I don't give a smidgen of a shit.

It seems like they're leaning hard into the stuff that polarized the audience in BL2. Anthony Burch writing the script again, focusing on a character most people seemed to dislike, etc.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

... Go on.

Also, obligatory video:

That's a good comparison. I didn't think to make it because Outland predates Guacamelee by several years.

... Go on.

Also, obligatory video:

Shadow Complex?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Woah, outland is coming to steam?

It was fantastic. Totally buying that again.

I'd say Outland resembles Guacamole far more than shadow complex. It's not nearly as hardcore of a metroidvania, and relies more on its color swapping thing (like changing dimensions in Guac, kinda) than anything else.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

This discussion has been closed.