Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS YOUR TEAMS PLAYOFF HOPES!

• Options
    HuuHuu Registered User regular
    So last week my running backs were Ingram, Ellington, Bradshaw, and Lacy. Widely regarded to have the best and deepest RB squad in my league. So I give Lacy to my father-in-law as a pity trade since his team imploded. Then of course bradshaw goes out... from 4 down to 2...

Fantasy football is the main reason for my receeding hairline

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Blount back to the Pats for the minimum + incentives. Probably the only team that could pick him up and not have him be a cancer, so good deal all around.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Belichick is gonna outcouch the Lions so bad.

I expecting something like 50-14 or so.

I might go on NFL blackout during Sunday to avoid the inevitable sadness.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Bills game may be postponed or held at an alternate location. I'm now hearing that 9 feet is predicted in some areas. I'm about 2 miles from the stadium and we have 5, will probably be 7 by tomorrow.

My most sincere hope is that it gets delayed and we have the game on Thanksgiving, but I'm betting it will either be Monday or Tuesday.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Blount back to the Pats for the minimum + incentives. Probably the only team that could pick him up and not have him be a cancer, so good deal all around.

This might be the most Belichick signing ever.

Let a dude the fanbase wants back (whom you traded for pennies on the dollar) walk for an overvalued contract and get him back less than a season later for even better pennies on the dollar because you turned some nobody into a somebody who will himself probably be traded for overvalued draft picks.

Fucking yes

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Apparently, all those people shovelling snow for the Bills won't even get to see the game this Sunday as the league is debating moving the game out of Buffalo.

• Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Apparently, all those people shovelling snow for the Bills won't even get to see the game this Sunday as the league is debating moving the game out of Buffalo.

Don't worry. Due to the driving ban (and the condition of the roads in general in Orchard Park) no one was actually able to make it there.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Bills game may be postponed or held at an alternate location. I'm now hearing that 9 feet is predicted in some areas. I'm about 2 miles from the stadium and we have 5, will probably be 7 by tomorrow.

My most sincere hope is that it gets delayed and we have the game on Thanksgiving, but I'm betting it will either be Monday or Tuesday.

It is my most sincere hope that you all don't freeze to death or become driven to murderous rampages when someone in earshot goes, "Global warming, am I right?"

Stay safe/sane.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Don't worry. Due to the driving ban (and the condition of the roads in general in Orchard Park) no one was actually able to make it there.

So a normal home game for the bills?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Huu wrote: »
    So last week my running backs were Ingram, Ellington, Bradshaw, and Lacy. Widely regarded to have the best and deepest RB squad in my league. So I give Lacy to my father-in-law as a pity trade since his team imploded. Then of course bradshaw goes out... from 4 down to 2...

Fantasy football is the main reason for my receeding hairline

You made two of the Fantasy Football cardinal sins.

Look what it got you.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

We're firmly in the middle of the pack (16th) in attendance. Not bad for one of the smallest markets, with a consistently shitty team, and an open air stadium in an area prone to lousy weather.

RedTide wrote: »

It is my most sincere hope that you all don't freeze to death or become driven to murderous rampages when someone in earshot goes, "Global warming, am I right?"

Stay safe/sane.

Safer will be easier than saner. The Mrs. and I are about to stage our own Thunderdome. :biggrin:

• Options

We're firmly in the middle of the pack (16th) in attendance. Not bad for one of the smallest markets, with a consistently shitty team, and an open air stadium in an area prone to lousy weather.

Stay safe/sane.

Safer will be easier than saner. The Mrs. and I are about to stage our own Thunderdome. :biggrin:

Yeah I was just telling a joke I know the bills still have fans that show up. Unlike say the bucs or the jags.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

well I'm pretty sure the lions are some sort of experiment in seeing how far a team can get when coached by an idiot
    7-2

• Options

Stay safe/sane.

Yeah I was just telling a joke I know the bills still have fans that show up. Unlike say the bucs or the jags.

I figured as much, but Buffalonians are naturally defensive at even the smallest slight, perceived or otherwise. :)

We were actually 19th last year and that was with a game in Toronto that didn't even count.

Drives ya nuts to have a game blacked out with 50k people there only to see tarps on the seats at a Jags game.

• Options
    I know I'm a bills fan, the bills are generally a joke in their division despite being in the same division with the jets and the god damn dolphins.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    This storm probably will nix our chances at going 3-3 in the division too.

Then again, the Jets are pretty bad.

• Options
    The jets do suck, but the bills get surprisingly incompetent when playing a bad team. Then again the jets...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I know I'm a bills fan, the bills are generally a joke in their division despite being in the same division with the jets and the god damn dolphins.

Hey the Dolphins haven't stupidly blown their season yet. Wait till we miss the playoffs by losing to the Jets two years in a row.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Is it really Oakland and KC tonight?

Well, I guess I'll have time to get shit done tonight

• Options
    I'll laugh if KC loses to Oakland, if only because I could almost hear the tears from my brother in spokane, but that shit aint happening. KC is going to commit a hate crime on the raiders.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Yeah, this a hype up as "they always play each other tough, you know disregarding one has control of its playoff destiny and the other is a flaming garbage barge captained by drunk hobos, but they totally play each other tough. Watch it! Please?"

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Is it really Oakland and KC tonight?

Well, I guess I'll have time to get shit done tonight

You could always watch North Carolina v Duke! ... What do you mean that's not any better?!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So much for that KC run defense.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    When snow makes your home stadium a giant mess, Detroit will provide a field for you to play on. Jets vs Bills is moved to Detroit on Monday

Edit: If the Bills win, I wonder if they carry Jim Schwartz out on their shoulders again.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'll laugh if KC loses to Oakland, if only because I could almost hear the tears from my brother in spokane, but that shit aint happening. KC is going to commit a hate crime on the raiders.
    DHS wrote: »
    Yeah, this a hype up as "they always play each other tough, you know disregarding one has control of its playoff destiny and the other is a flaming garbage barge captained by drunk hobos, but they totally play each other tough. Watch it! Please?"

What a game!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    DHS wrote: »

What a game!

Yeah, this hasn't been the blow out people expected.

• Options
    Only the Raiders could get three flags on one play.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Oh my god raiders. Win first.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Geezus, this team is so fucking stupid. I mean, I really don't want to root for the Raiders, but it is funny as shit that the Chiefs are losing to them.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Never underestimate a team desperate for a win.

It pains me so much to say it... but Good Game Oakland. Good Game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Back in the 80s, the Giants used to clear snow out of the stadium by telling LT it was coke and letting him go wild.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    When snow makes your home stadium a giant mess, Detroit will provide a field for you to play on. Jets vs Bills is moved to Detroit on Monday

Edit: If the Bills win, I wonder if they carry Jim Schwartz out on their shoulders again.

Putting the Jets and Bills in Detroit just makes sense. No city knows terrible football quite as well as Detroit, it'll be like seeing the Lions playing the Lions.

If the Patriots win, I think that coaching is their edge. Detroit's defense is terrifying, and Megatron can score TDs out of nowhere. I think that on paper, looking at player skills and abilities, the Patriots and Lions are about even, maybe even favouring the Lions.

However, I expect the Lions to make terrible descisions. It's just what they do.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Putting the Jets and Bills in Detroit just makes sense. No city knows terrible football quite as well as Detroit, it'll be like seeing the Lions playing the Lions.

If the Patriots win, I think that coaching is their edge. Detroit's defense is terrifying, and Megatron can score TDs out of nowhere. I think that on paper, looking at player skills and abilities, the Patriots and Lions are about even, maybe even favouring the Lions.

However, I expect the Lions to make terrible descisions. It's just what they do.

If the pats line gives Brady any time, we win

Otherwise, we lose

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

If the pats line gives Brady any time, we win

Otherwise, we lose

Patriots still have a chance to win if Detroit remembers that they're the Lions and does something incredibly stupid.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options

Schwartz is such a douche

I'm still pretty pissed off about that

• Options

Player skill and ability definitely go to the Lions.

But as it has been show multiple times this year, Lombardi is a horrible OC that can be outcoached like whoa. I trust Austin to have our defense as ready as he can, but Belichick might just give him a clinic on exploiting weaknesses.

• Options
    I thought I heard a howling wind last night, but when I checked ESPN I knew it was just my brother complaining. Good game raiders good game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2014

But as it has been show multiple times this year, Lombardi is a horrible OC that can be outcoached like whoa. I trust Austin to have our defense as ready as he can, but Belichick might just give him a clinic on exploiting weaknesses.

I'd take Brady over Stafford on short throws, Stafford over Brady on long throws.
    I'd take Gronk over Megatron, but the overall recieving corps of the Lions over that of the Patriots.
    I'm not entirely sure which offensive line I'd take. If the Patriots can keep Brady up, I'll favor them.
    I'd take the Lions defensive line over that of the Patriots, but the Patriots secondary over that of the Lions.

Bill Belichick as coach is like having a cheat code.

Er, wait a minute...

Shadowhope on
  • Options

I'd take Brady over Stafford on short throws, Stafford over Brady on long throws.
    I'd take Gronk over Megatron, but the overall recieving corps of the Lions over that of the Patriots.
    I'm not entirely sure which offensive line I'd take. If the Patriots can keep Brady up, I'll favor them.
    I'd take the Lions defensive line over that of the Patriots, but the Patriots secondary over that of the Lions.

Bill Belichick as coach is like having a cheat code.

Er, wait a minute...

Exactly. I think Belichick makes his players better. So raw skill and talent goes to the Lions, imo, but the Patriots play-up and are put in better situations due to superior coaching.

If Beli was coaching the Lions, with the talent they have, they'd be undefeated right now.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    They would not.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.