As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Anyone sitting on some chestfuls of dirt they don't have any use for? Willing to trade something if desired!

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    Also, thought I'd share this for some holiday reading: https://florentcrivello.com/index.php/2019/09/04/the-efficiency-destroying-magic-of-tidying-up/

The article is actually about engineering but I instantly thought of Minecraft... and of Enc's cities :p.

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Aeyther wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Are we going to upgrade the server to 1.15?

I was going to update this weekend, but I saw 1.15.1 was going to be out here soonish? Might wait for that to come out, looks like it fixes some critical issues.

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_1.15.1_Pre-release_1

Last time I logged in (yesterday) the server was already on 1.15?

Yup, just updated a few days ago, 1.15.1 was released.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Anyone sitting on some chestfuls of dirt they don't have any use for? Willing to trade something if desired!

Aww, I've been discarding my dirt because I couldn't be bothered building a bunch of chests to hold it all, sorry!

While I'm here, how in the fuck do I get more emeralds? I have mined a grand total of one (1). I wanna get a F3U3 diamond pick from one of the stores at some point, but at the rate I'm going, it will take me approximately 87 years to save up enough emeralds. I've got stack of diamonds, lapis lazuli, redstone, and coal, but just that one single solitary emerald.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Emeralds are only in the mountains. Otherwise the best way to get them is through trading.

• Options
    Yeah for emeralds, it's all about trading -- you want to trade resources for emeralds and then emeralds for items.

Historically the farmers are popular trade-ins (wheat carrot potato melon etc), but in 1.15 there are other good options too - like Terra-cotta Town has tons of masons that will give you 3 emeralds per stack of stone.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    @Jakarrd I fucked up real bad. I got lost in the warp network and died to a bunch of zombie pigmen like 4 times. Consequently, there are now a whole bunch of them right on the other side of your warp gate. Like, step through the gate and you're instantly surrounded type kind of deal. I don't know how to fix that, I lost all my good armour and weapons to them. I'm really really sorry!

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    @Jakarrd I fucked up real bad. I got lost in the warp network and died to a bunch of zombie pigmen like 4 times. Consequently, there are now a whole bunch of them right on the other side of your warp gate. Like, step through the gate and you're instantly surrounded type kind of deal. I don't know how to fix that, I lost all my good armour and weapons to them. I'm really really sorry!

@chrishallett83 Let me take a look real quick and see about it.

Edit: THey have dispersed as I thought they would. If you need help replacing gear let me know and I can help you out if no one else is around.
    Edit 2: my barrel of free dirt has 3 of your iron gear in it.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

@Vrtra Theory I have a bunch of dirt in my underground area thing. I'm visiting family, so I wont be online. But if you come in from the main road to my place and turn right under the large dome the last room on the right has a bunch of chests with dirt and cobble.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    You're too kind!

• Options
    There's bees at spawn if anyone wants some.

• Options
    Any guidelines for building at spawn? I've got a shop to open up on the outskirts (I'm thinking near the sign marking the Ferret-Twixxo duel).

My build is an end-themed build out in the jungle (endstone, purpur, etc.), but I don't want to mess up the theme if spawn has one.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    BEEEEEEEEEEEEES

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Any guidelines for building at spawn? I've got a shop to open up on the outskirts (I'm thinking near the sign marking the Ferret-Twixxo duel).

My build is an end-themed build out in the jungle (endstone, purpur, etc.), but I don't want to mess up the theme if spawn has one.

Not really, go for it.

• Options
    Announcement: *Public Creeper Farm Open*

A small, simple creeper farm (with miniature cane sugar farm included) is now open to the public for your gunpowder and/or rocket building needs.

In the overworld, it's available from the ocean surface at X=12 Z=2440, to the southwest of ghostfish & glitterwitch.

From the nether, take the low road from the spawn nether portal south (heading towards the Bonetown grinder). The ladder up to the farm is to your right shortly before the road ends and you veer towards Bonetown.

• Options
    Oh also, @Aeyther, is there room to add one more to the server? My stepson is a long time Minecraft player and his handle is RainbowWhirlm.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Aeyther wrote: »
    There's bees at spawn if anyone wants some.

Finally had a few hours to log in for the first time in days. I saw the hive and beehouses, but didn't see any bees and the honey isn't refilling. Do mobs kill the bees? Do they randomly spawn now in the overworld or only on new chunk generation?

• Options
    Open question: did anyone build (or start to build) a Guardian farm on the server?

I've been considering building one of the bubble designs for a public sea lantern / prismarine grinder. But glitterwitch mentioned she may have accidentally portaled into an ocean temple from a nether portal (not sure what state it was in though).

If someone was working on one or finished one, let me know and I will not embark on something from scratch :).

• Options
    Oh also, @Aeyther, is there room to add one more to the server? My stepson is a long time Minecraft player and his handle is RainbowWhirlm.

Added!

• Options
    Announcement: the Enderspike Shop in Spawntown is now open, on the southern end of town (a little past Piney Mountain).

The shop sells items for emeralds and is currently stocked with a few varieties of shulker shells, shulker boxes, enderpearls, and totems of undying. Check it out!

A small note on totems:

For people who haven't used them: they only work if you are holding them in main- or off-hand. They resurrect you with all your items, but in the same spot. You have a brief period of absorption and heavy regen, but start with one-half heart. For this reason they are very situational, and I sell them for only 16 emeralds.

They ARE useful for situations where you think you might accidentally fall to your death, or you know you're going to die (from being on fire) but aren't actually IN a fire. Or in an extreme case, from starving to death. They can't save you if you're in the middle of a lava lake, or at the bottom of an ocean, or surrounded by angry pigmen -- in these cases it is better not to waste it because you're going to die again anyway.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Okay, more on those bees. I found them; they had wandered west to the woods by the Inverted Pyramid. I stuck some leads on them and brought them back to Spawncelona, where they apparently promptly escaped west again, recaptured by @Jakarrd.

I have no idea why, but if the bees disappear again, apparently we know where to find them now. Also, if anyone wants to breed those bees after bringing them back, feel free to grab poppies from the flower shop on the second floor of Piney Mountain Trading Company.

• Options
    Alright, little bee farm area setup in spawn. Got about 11+ bees at this point with 15 beehives around. Two things I've noticed. First: An occasional bee will fly out farther into the field. I do not know if these find their way back or go missing, in essence. Second: I've noticed in my biome that the bees do not leave the nest. It maybee that you can only use them in their spawning biomes. Not sure.

Anyway, have fun grabbing honey comb.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Announcement: if you're short on iron, come visit the Creeper Farm -- a miniature iron farm has been tucked underneath the gunpowder grinder. Just use the provided AFK Cage as normal, then go a few blocks down the water tube to reach the iron farm.

(Yield is quite decent -- a little over 5 stacks of iron bars per hour -- so it should be plenty for anyone that needs some iron for some projects!)

• Options
    A just-for-fun project I've been working on: the Void Starmap is a map of The End zoomed out to 1:8 (1024x1024 blocks per map), laid out on a glass floor above the void. Fully-looted End Cities are marked with black banners so they are easier to see, and End Cities that have not been looted can be marked with magenta banners (none of those yet, but maybe eventually!).

dt89sd9mjc5k.png

It's tucked behind the enderman farm, which is just behind you when you enter The End! Seen here, an enderman falling down the chute.

xj6rpu8jizii.png

• Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    Introducing the newest Spawntown Shop! All That Glitters is your local chapter of The Buy Nothing Project! That means no buying, no selling, and no trading. Many of us have an abundance of something we dont need, be it food, or stone tools, or three double chests of leather pants. This is a place for us to give freely! Located in central spawn, you are encouraged to come take what you want, and leave what you dont need. Unfortunately I ran out of item frames, so you should bring your own.
    oaexrp6qvmax.png
    rsyrzvdhhed2.png

• Options
    asking for a friend: Is there a way to get your minecraft account back if you no longer have access to the email you registered it to

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    asking for a friend: Is there a way to get your minecraft account back if you no longer have access to the email you registered it to

I assume you'll probably have to call Mojang customer service.

• Options
    Just a heads up everyone, I will be moving shortly in the next couple weeks, so the server will be down for a few days. I'll post an exact date once I know more.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

Im still waiting for my account to be reset from the support ticket i Submitted back in September.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

Im still waiting for my account to be reset from the support ticket i Submitted back in September.

oh my god seriously, foolishly I assumed you must have had a resolution by now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Its not gonna happen. Its never gonna happen.

Suck it up and pay the twenty bucks already.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »

Its not gonna happen. Its never gonna happen.

Suck it up and pay the twenty bucks already.

Never!

In all honesty i have enough of a backlog that i forget about the whole issue for weeks at a time. Ill get it resolved one way or another someday.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    isn't it 30 bucks now
    e: $27 USD

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I visited the little refuge at the end of the western subway track today. Somebody has left some buried treasure maps in one of the chests, so I logged off, googled how to use them, logged back on, and went for a walk.

A seven and a half kilometre round trip, as it panned out.

And in the treasure chest (which was deep underwater and nearly killed me thanks to drowning)?

7 gravel, a flint, and two pieces of rotten flesh.

• Options
    Update on the moving:

Server will go down Thursday evening (Feb 06th America Time). I'll post an update once it's back online, should only be out for a day or two.

• Options
    New Minecraft snapshot 20W06A, which adds new nether stuff. https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-snapshot-20w06a

It appears we are getting a new material, netherite, to upgrade diamond gear.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Yeah hopefully we have some borders in the nether, because it looks like you'll need to find some kind of nether biome to get the new stuff?

(Pretty sweet, armor and tools that are immune to destruction by lava? Sign me up!)

• Options
    Another update: Server will be shutoff tomorrow morning, feel free to play tonight.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Yeah hopefully we have some borders in the nether, because it looks like you'll need to find some kind of nether biome to get the new stuff?

(Pretty sweet, armor and tools that are immune to destruction by lava? Sign me up!)

There's not really borders in the nether atm. Might look into generating a new one and hooking it up via multiverse portals somehow while keeping the current one. Would like to hear any thoughts if anyone has any.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    I guess it depends how far people have ventured out. If it's only a few thousand blocks to find some unexplored areas that is totally doable.