2014-09-25_00003.jpg

2014-09-25_00004.jpg

2014-09-25_00005.jpg

2014-09-25_00007.jpg

2014-09-25_00011.jpg

2014-09-25_00013.jpg

2014-09-26_00004.jpg

2014-09-26_00006.jpg

Minor spoiler - well, it scared me for sure when I saw what was there.
    2014-09-26_00007.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i don't see anything?

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Is there a Slenderman or Pedobear I'm missing in those pics?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Waiting till PS4 for Ethan Carter, I am excite.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elki, did you get to the mineshafts that run under the town? The graphics look pretty awesome underground too and also there's a segment in there that almost made me poop my pants.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Elki what game is that? And can I put it in an Oculus Rift?

• Options

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki, did you get to the mineshafts that run under the town? The graphics look pretty awesome underground too and also there's a segment in there that almost made me poop my pants.

No, I couldn't find it, and decided it was bedtime anyways. Tomorrow.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

Oculus support was planned to ship with the game, 4 weeks ago they said it would no longer ship with it but that they would not rule out adding it later. They probably will.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The thing about the graphics in Ethan Carter is that for as beautiful as screenshots are, there's a gentle to moderate wind at all times in the game. So the dense grass and foliage are constantly moving and rippling convincingly.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    this being-in-constant-pain thing has to stop

it has made my entire day miserable in a low-to-moderate degree. it is impairing my ability to function.

it needs to stop.

it gets worse at night after I've been sitting still for a while and then start moving again. substantially worse.

it needs to stop

doctor visit next week. this is going to be the worst weekend ever. I don't even know what we can do about it besides painkillers. this wasn't supposed to happen again.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    DK, I don't know if you noticed, but this game was a few hours late. And that led some hilariously sad threads on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/258520/discussions/0/616189106461844376/

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Tomorrow after I get off from work I am going to pick up Hyrule Warriors then I am going to come home and play it and stream it.

Because I am a monster.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Peanut butter jars that operate like deodorant. (Twist at bottom to push all contents towards the top).

BRB starting a kickstarter

• Options
    i don't see anything?
    The torches.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Elki wrote: »
    DK, I don't know if you noticed, but this game was a few hours late. And that led some hilariously sad threads on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/258520/discussions/0/616189106461844376/

I did notice, but only because I wanted to start the game downloading remotely from work. It wasn't ready around noon so I checked back a bunch of times and by the time it went up, my gaming PC at home had gone to sleep and couldn't get the game queued up.

Just like the people in that very reasonable thread, I feel a full refund for this inconvenience is the least the developers could do.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I was refreshing a completed page of [chat], awaiting new posts and wondering why [chat] was so slow

For an embarrassing amount of time

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Right now it's low because you have to reload all those pics at the top every time.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Ever since I updated to iOS 8, predictive typing has been absolutes hit.

• Options
    Steam sales are nice, but this is better I think. The not knowing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

it has made my entire day miserable in a low-to-moderate degree. it is impairing my ability to function.

it needs to stop.

it gets worse at night after I've been sitting still for a while and then start moving again. substantially worse.

it needs to stop

doctor visit next week. this is going to be the worst weekend ever. I don't even know what we can do about it besides painkillers. this wasn't supposed to happen again.

:(

any idea what's causing it?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Crazy that 4GB VRAM is probably going to be the general standard now a days for gaming PC's I still remember my SUPER high end Geforce 2 MX 64MB was the envy of my classmates.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Oh no! I didn't get a chance to tell a stranger who I am in real life. :(

• Options
    Just seen an image Ill probably never forget, thanks reddit

• Options
    Crazy that 4GB VRAM is probably going to be the general standard now a days for gaming PC's I still remember my SUPER high end Geforce 2 MX 64MB was the envy of my classmates.

Now that optimizing for 512MB will no longer be a going concern, those minimum specs should start climbing up.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Oh god alcohol and spironolactone don't mix well

• Options
    I forgot to print one piece of paper at work last night nothing that isnt fixed by clicking on the main menu of out computers to print, and they deducted 15 mins off my hours because I left at 5 to 8

yeah that is not going to go well for them in the morning

• Options
    Although Inquisition is getting a 360/PS3 release. Is it BioWare doing the work or some outside studio handling that, I wonder.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Cinders wrote: »
    Oh god alcohol and spironolactone don't mix well

You kind of have to warm the alcohol and then stir in the spiro to get it to dissolve.

(Don't do this)

knitdan on
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Although Inquisition is getting a 360/PS3 release. Is it BioWare doing the work or some outside studio handling that, I wonder.

that is one game no one has actually heard about on that front most other have been open in saying yes or no. So I assume the answer is both are in house.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I like that VR is now a thing, and what it needs is basically the new justification for awesome graphics cards. Every upgrade brings you closer to the Matrix.

• Options
    I like that VR is now a thing, and what it needs is basically the new justification for awesome graphics cards. Every upgrade brings you closer to the Matrix.

I think we are 2 more generations of gfx cards until were at 1080p60 for VR at mainstream prices, even $350 plus the cost of a headset is too much for mass market atm.

• Options

It's only a matter of time before you'll have to install a liquid nitrogen cooler on your Rift.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    so i went to a thing tonight that was like, a professional mixer for local creative types

it was mostly marketing people, web design, graphic design, that kind of stuff

super white collar corporate type stuff for the most part, networking schmooze event for these sorts, shake hands, fling business cards at each other, etc.

i went despite being none of those things to hawk myself as an actor, because you'd be surprised at the sort of hat-wearing among these kinds of people

the web design guy also does a smattering of web advertising and knows a guy who is looking for people for commercials

the marketing person knows a guy who knows a guy who runs an independent film studio

the graphic designer also works at a local radio station and hey, actually can put you in touch with the guy who casts for some of their voice spots and stuff

all in all it was pretty successful and i'm really happy with it

the low level hustle aspect of this job isn't really especially different than a sort of life i used to lead, even if the sort of crowd and the product has changed

the methodology and networking style ain't real different, don't matter how white your collar is

• Options
    Pony super glad things have turned around for you recently.

• Options
    Man my legs are restless tonight. May have to do with my toes feeling like someone's stabbing them with hot needles.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Just seen an image Ill probably never forget, thanks reddit
    Did you click that imgur gallery about spooky pictures? Because I wish I hadn't.

• Options
    Man my legs are restless tonight.
    Man my eggs are restless tonight.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

it needs to stop.

it needs to stop

:(

any idea what's causing it?

yes

bone marrow edema in my pelvis. probably related to my histiocytosis

but also no

because probably. and then, how do we treat it? what causes it to flare up? we do not have these answers.

when my last treatment regimen failed it did so with some rather spectacular lumps in my skull. there was much fanfare. does this means my current treatment is failing? does the swelling (in my bone marrow. swollen bone marrow fucking hurts fyi) indicate anything?

on a scale of 1 to 10 its the number that means you never stop thinking about it. that even when you aren't actively feeling it, you limp along carefully just in case it comes back. it distracts you when it's not that bad, it cripples you when it gets worse. it jumps out at you from behind a corner when you aren't expecting it and makes you stop mid-sentence and lose your train of thought. people ask if you're okay. no, you're not. but it's a long story, and you don't want to get into it, so you say

"yeah, I'm fine. as I was saying..."

(in the days before we put my dog to sleep, he would go outside and lay on the deck until the snow covered him completely. I now understand why.)

you resent being around people who don't hurt, when you do. you want to scream at them how lucky they are, but you also try your fucking hardest not to limp too badly so that they won't ask questions. you want some peace and quiet, but you know that's just going to leave you alone with your thoughts and the pain, and is that really any better?

(I have been down the road of total honesty. it eventually leads to total pity. after a while, pity is intolerable. pity is like not having showered for three days; eventually, you just can't stand yourself anymore)

you just want to act normal. to feel normal. but you forget what normal is like, after not too long. it takes only a couple of days. pain is your sixth sense. we recall certain sights and sounds; we forget darkness and silence. so too with pain. heightened experience is unforgettable, but you can easily lose the sensation of its absence. it is all-consuming. when the pain is there, the rest of the world recedes a little, the rest of your senses dull.

I am so done with this. it's been close to six years we've been treating this. about five that I've had to deal with bouts of this pain, on and off. this last three, four months was the longest reprieve I've had in a while. I thought I was in the clear.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
This discussion has been closed.