As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]mouth

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've never been super into Smash Bros but I brought my wii u to my friend's house and we've been playing so much more than I did before.

can't see not getting it now. should be a blast.

a fucking definite blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Derrick wrote: »
    i think every kid anywhere near me in my high school graduating glass is making at least between 60-200K per year.

Every girlfriend i've had from 18-23 has successfully graduated to adult jobs with things like salary.

The vast majority of my facebook is people I knew starting happy families, getting married, or just traveling the world happily.

and i'm. . .actually probably the lowest. except for maybe the kid who was in classes labeled for learning disabilities.

dang DUE. dang.

i guess i don't care. but it sucks. when like. i know it means nothing now but back in the day i had a perfect score on my ACT and thought there was a future. I guess it's hard to forget that feeling and accept reality.

that was too much honest. sorry chat.

Comparing your everyday to other people's highlight reel is always going to make you feel shitty.

what else is there?

i'm not some isolated incident.

there's very clearly a set of precedents for people of my age.

edit: i hate myself way too much to talk about any of this rationally. good night chat.

It's not like that though. There's no schedule, and you don't know what other people's lives are like behind the curtain. This is why facebook makes people depressed.

But I do know what they are like on the surface. And I lost.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    god the caprica bits are just irredeemable

I know this isn't what you mean but out of curiosity, did you ever watch the show Caprica? I can't remember much about it besides that I was starting to like it when it got canceled.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I pre-ordered Destiny and FIFA, both decisions that I think worked out just fine. And the Vanishing of Ethan Carter, because I wanted to play that game before knowing too much about it. I was never going to read a review.

I already know more than I care to about Alien Isolation, so that'll be another one most likely. In general, I resent game previews and extended trailers a whole lot, and wish I could both know what to look out for and not have the knowledge of what transpired in 15 minute trailer (good God) be transmitted to me via the internet.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My first playthrough of the vanishing of ethan carter got hit by a bug that prevented me from completing the game. Rather than youtube the ending like a sane person, or use a hex editor or just start it over since it's only 3 hours long if you know what to do, I spent 5 hours programming a save editor that can parse the binary file format the game uses to save and flip the progress flags.

Once I finished debugging, I ran the editor, flipped one boolean value in my save file, and watched the 3 minute long ending cinematic. This program cannot do anything else, I might as well trash it.

This is my life now.

You should polish it up and give it to the community

http://steamcommunity.com/app/258520/discussions/0/616189106658579251/

awesome i linked that on twitter to the game director

Oh god he's gonna see all the ways it doesn't read or write the file properly and then I'm going to have to patch a program no one will ever use!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    god the caprica bits are just irredeemable

I know this isn't what you mean but out of curiosity, did you ever watch the show Caprica? I can't remember much about it besides that I was starting to like it when it got canceled.

I watched it

It was getting okay when it got cancelled

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Okay, this is some bullshit.

ge3hbclilxn1.png

Specifically that the dragons are apparently the only way to acquire the endgame resource, and they only give that much per 250 titanium.

does it come pre-enriched?

yeah, I can pump it into my reactor and increase worldwide resource output.

I think the bigger question I need to ask is if this is a thing I think is worth doing at this point.

There cannot be much left on the tech tree for me. Nanotechnology and Particle Physics seem like some pretty high level shit for kittens to be getting into.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i burned both my hands a little bit
    life sux

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    How is everyone in chat so sexy

It is a mystery

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I found a semi-interesting job near where I live that pays pretty well, considering it's part time for about 25 hours a week. But it's a 2-year contract and I'll be stuck at home making not that much money for the entire time. Bluh. This would only be worth it if I got into awesome shape and blossomed creatively in my down time.

Dis sounds like a pretty solid plan!

As much as living w/ parents can have its ups and downs, to say the least >_>

• Options
    I,am talking to a friend via txt about life & alcohol,

I wish she and I were friends with benefits instead >_>

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Also at this point in my life my trust of game review scores is basically 0.

I really do wait most of the time till people I know and trust have given it a good spin or a steam sale.

I have bought 0 day one releases this year. Which is good.

I am like 100% for enjoying Day 1 releases that I purchase, and I Day 1 an awful lot.

I can't tell if it's because I just know really well what games I'll enjoy before hand, or just that I happen to enjoy everything.

• Options
    desc wrote: »

Let her know. We can guide you through it, message by message.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Okay so destiny & diablo 3 are best game son xbone so far

I want to play halo master chief edition and gta5 though

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    How is everyone in chat so sexy

It is a mystery

tumblr_lmzr5nywNi1qcragg.gif

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i burned both my hands a little bit
    life sux

I chose "snap" because it has a blackened hand in the image.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Alternatively,

tumblr_inline_muezuhX1hl1r79k32.gif

I've been on tumblr a lot today.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Desc. Get it. You sexy modest fuck. Go be amaze

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    academies now cost too much science to build more academies

DIS IS BULLSHIT

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I can be pretty certain how I'm gonna like a game based on not too much and I also don't mind spoilers

I avoid day 1 just because of how quickly prices drop these days. besides for nintendo games which never drop very much.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Okay so destiny & diablo 3 are best game son xbone so far

I want to play halo master chief edition and gta5 though

Haven't played retail destiny, but diablo 3 is great times, and I suspect that GTA and Halo will be baller as well, even though they are all upports from last gen.

Can't wait for AssCreed Unity, personally.

Oh, and Quantum Break. That game looks ridiculously good.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Ugh [chat] sometimes being a good friend is real drag.

Friends are a hassle.

Who needs em?

Go on! Get out of here! Get out of my [chat]!

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

I am simultaneously* drunk enough to do so and to not do so so probably I will sleep instead

* it took me 7ish tried to type that word on ipad

I wool take Emily to dinner soon anyway

Any power moves I will do in your name Elki

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    desc ask if she wants to be the second in a menage a deux

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    i think every kid anywhere near me in my high school graduating glass is making at least between 60-200K per year.

Every girlfriend i've had from 18-23 has successfully graduated to adult jobs with things like salary.

The vast majority of my facebook is people I knew starting happy families, getting married, or just traveling the world happily.

and i'm. . .actually probably the lowest. except for maybe the kid who was in classes labeled for learning disabilities.

dang DUE. dang.

i guess i don't care. but it sucks. when like. i know it means nothing now but back in the day i had a perfect score on my ACT and thought there was a future. I guess it's hard to forget that feeling and accept reality.

that was too much honest. sorry chat.

Comparing your everyday to other people's highlight reel is always going to make you feel shitty.

what else is there?

i'm not some isolated incident.

there's very clearly a set of precedents for people of my age.

edit: i hate myself way too much to talk about any of this rationally. good night chat.

It's not like that though. There's no schedule, and you don't know what other people's lives are like behind the curtain. This is why facebook makes people depressed.

But I do know what they are like on the surface. And I lost.

Now now, at worst you are down by a couple TDs by the end of the first quarter

Still 45 minutes to go

Gotta fight for every yard

These sports references doing anything for ya

<3 you DUE

• Options
    I actually like to have vague spoilers before going into a game.

Not like, major twists, but if I have a vague idea of an event like "a character dies" or "there's totally an antagonist you'll hate" I find that I really enjoy the anticipation aspect and guessing to who/when in the game the vague spoilers apply.

• Options
    I am not gonna pretend I don't love junk food and eat it too often

but hard boiled eggs really hit so many spots. so satisfying.

• Options

Okay first:

Take a photo of your D.

Don't send it to her yet, but let her know that you've taken a photo of it in order to build anticipation.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I finished my first agricola solo game

50 points required to continue into a second in a solo series

ended on 51 points

#baller #toosugoitolive #360noscope

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    desc ask if she wants to be the second in a menage a deux

Why Re prople agreeing with my drunk posts

This is nonsens, Simon

• Options
    Why is there work tomorrow >: (

• Options
    makes me so glad d3 is kicking ass on xbone

my tiny little company blizzard finally getting some attention

• Options
    I like people to know that they could recieve a photo of my D at any second.

No one ever has, but everyone lives in constant anticipation of the moment they'll see it in their inbox.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I don't know what the next big release I am looking forward to is

probably DARGON AGUE 3 but my strategy with Bioware games has always been to learn the absolute bare minimum about them before buying because I'm going to buy them anyway. SO it is a thing I am planning on purchasing but I am not "hype," as the cant of today's youth would have it.

Cyberpunk 2077 is probably the thing I wish most that I could travel forward in time to see.

• Options
    makes me so glad d3 is kicking ass on xbone

my tiny little company blizzard finally getting some attention

Maybe, just maybe, they'll make it in the big leagues

• Options
    I can be pretty certain how I'm gonna like a game based on not too much and I also don't mind spoilers

I avoid day 1 just because of how quickly prices drop these days. besides for nintendo games which never drop very much.

I just decided to just stop thinking about game prices. I picked up tons of stuff super cheap when it was on sale, and I've played a very tiny fraction of a percentage of those games. And I paid 'full price' for games as I was specifically excited about those games, and I end up playing them a ton. With few exceptions, that's where the majority of gaming time has been spent. So, if I'm excited about a title, I'm gonna get it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Alternatively,

tumblr_inline_muezuhX1hl1r79k32.gif

I've been on tumblr a lot today.

This is from Akibarangers, which is a parody sentai show where a bunch of otaku basically pretend they are Power Rangers so hard that they turn into them.

The particular episode features someone with the misconception that the series originated in America (they call them "Powerful Rangers" in the show) and was imported into Japan, instead of the other way around. The American Powerful Rangers act like giant assholes and talk in stereotypically American-accented Japanese. (Which is also why their neck collar and belt are American flag-patterned.) It's pretty hilarious.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    My anticipation of future video game releases meets a singularity at Smash Brothers.

I can't know what release I'll care about next until after Smash has already come out.

• Options

I am simultaneously* drunk enough to do so and to not do so so probably I will sleep instead

* it took me 7ish tried to type that word on ipad

I wool take Emily to dinner soon anyway

Any power moves I will do in your name Elki

It's all I ever wanted.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm excited for witcher 3: grizzled geralt edition

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
This discussion has been closed.