wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe2fqoy0L_s

Big Hero 6 is looking pretty good

Dragon Ball reference. Yep, I'm in.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I want somebody who isn't KSD on Cap Marvel because I'm tired of her spinning her heels on a story that nobody gives a shit about.

Which sucks because she started the whole Danvers revival, but ugh ugh the book had been stale for months now and she's not doing anything with the character at all.
    You're not wrong.

I like the characters that are happening, but the plot is utterly unengaging and I'd really like some larger arcs to be put into place to get interested in.

And I'm still annoyed by the ending of Enemy Within.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    About 6 months ago I bought the first volumes of Sex Criminals, Saga and Fatale on a whim thinking I might get into comic books. I owned a few trades but had no significant collection.

Now I have two bookshelves worth, one shelf is Marvel the other is Image mostly with a bit of DC, Vertigo, Dark Horse, Oni Press and IDW. I am really happy I got into them, while its been kind of expensive some of my favorite stories and characters I've ever read or seen have come from these new books. Plus, it's given me another connection with my Dad who read comics when he was young (and still does sometimes, he really likes The Walking Dead and Y: The Last Man). Now I've started to try to get him to read the stuff I love.

It's also made me appreciate the Marvel movies and Agents of SHIELD even more.

I know how you feel.

I went from having very few comics (basically videogame licensed tie-ins and some Transformers comics) to having six full shelves of trades in the span of two years. To the point where I'm having to look at rearranging my room to make space for more comics.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    I picked up the Ms. Marvel trade today! My LCS is having a sale so I nabbed that, Locke & Key vol 1 and Afterlife with Archie vol 1.
    7590_10152618330971676_7249048879436249748_n.jpg?oh=f0e34ad62a8d85fc40b5a235998be58c&oe=54F17D76&__gda__=1421130228_4bda17e7930e594c4802599a669372e1

It is really really good! I also convinced my library friend to pick it up for the Young Adults section at her library.

I grabbed Ms. Marvel and Afterlife with Archie as well. So good!!!

• Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    Man, as much as I want a Captain marvel movie for the sake of getting a Captain marvel movie, I know that we need to get that first in order to pave the way for a ms marvel tv show. It could be so perfect...

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    no seriously are there some rights issues or something how has an intellectual property as enduring as the matrix not had a movie in 11 years

Seriously

They've used the characters in fuckin' car commercials in the last two years!

And since when have they let things like "time" or "previous quality" get in the way of a reboot

They made a new Spider-Man AND a new Terminator

There's that ad for GE medical software that has Hugo Weaving reprising the Smith role
    I think it was the first one to use the characters again, before the Morpheus Kia ad, and the first time I saw it I thought I'd fallen into a time warp

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    EDIT: Nevermind then.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    On another note, the other day I met a Mormon missionary who was introduced to me as Sister Anderson and it took all my willpower not to go full Agent Smith and keep pronouncing it as Siiiiisterrrrr Anderrrrrrsonnnn
    it was a weird reflex to have to suppress

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    i

hate

cinemasins

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Guek wrote: »
    Man, as much as I want a Captain marvel movie for the sake of getting a Captain marvel movie, I know that we need to get that first in order to pave the way for a ms marvel tv show. It could be so perfect...

I am pretty dismissive of the argument "This characters power would be way to expensive for tv" but

Ms. Marvel's power would be way to expensive for tv.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think after seeing CW successfully pull of The Flash on a smaller budget than any major network would have I'm skeptical of almost any superhero's power being too expensive for TV

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Stretchy powers seem pretty hard to do. Mr. Fantastic's powers looked the worst in the Fantastic Four movie. They haven't done growth powers much. More complex forms of shapeshifting are probably hard to do.

• Options

I am pretty dismissive of the argument "This characters power would be way to expensive for tv" but

Ms. Marvel's power would be way to expensive for tv.

Maybe, maybe not, but that doesn't change how absolutely perfect Ms Marvel would be for tv.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    On another note, the other day I met a Mormon missionary who was introduced to me as Sister Anderson and it took all my willpower not to go full Agent Smith and keep pronouncing it as Siiiiisterrrrr Anderrrrrrsonnnn
    it was a weird reflex to have to suppress

Oh God

I don't think I would have had the restraint.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    i

hate

cinemasins

They're good at what they do.

And that's being pedantic.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Harley is tied to the joker because her whole identity is based off of him. And she has no skills other than she is crazy.

I think she has skills!

She was a doctor before her mental breakdown!

She actually used therapy to talk Lobo and out killing her and Green Arrow one time.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Does anyone else hate how the Arkham games has changed Harley's design?

Or was she that way before? When did they start to move away from the actual harlequin costume?

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Does anyone else hate how the Arkham games has changed Harley's design?

Or was she that way before? When did they start to move away from the actual harlequin costume?

The character design in the Arkham games is pretty bad across the board, but the female characters are downright horrible.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The big shift in her costumes was New 52, which happened a bit after Arkham City I think - may have my timelines off but it definitely seemed like the Arkham games were a big influence.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    given the design philosophy across the board of the new 52, I feel confident in saying Harley's New 52 design would have been garbage regardless

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Could I start reading Snyder's Batman with Zero Year?

Yessssssssssssssss

sweet, wish-listed :+1:

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I saw Guardians again on Friday one last time before it leaves theaters. It still makes me laugh so much that I tear up. Very few movies, hell, very few anythings have ever done that to me.

I hope the Blu-ray had lots of special features.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So there's this new site Longbox.me which is basically setting up to be a social network for comic book readers

you can set up your pull list and follow other people to see what your friends are reading all stuff like that

I think it's a neat idea, but it's definitely still very much in beta

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think after seeing CW successfully pull of The Flash on a smaller budget than any major network would have I'm skeptical of almost any superhero's power being too expensive for TV

Wait what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

That looks just as awful as Smallville's superspeed did

I mean, they "pull it off" insofar as they get the point across, that this guy is fast, but it looks so bad.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I think that looks pretty good

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The pilot does too many closeups of him running while looking super intense but the second episode cut way back and did a lot more wide shots which generally look really good

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Some shots are better than others, but the side view of Barry on the souped up treadmill in particular was kind of mindblowing to me

That was top notch work for network TV!

• Options
    Yeah the full front shots of Barry running at the camera are awkward but everything else looks great

His fight with Multiplex was rad as hell

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Yeah I mean, it's still TV, so you can see all the seams if you look close

But that big clone fight was rad

And as long as they don't rely too heavily on those close-up frontal shots of him running in place, it looks great

The wide shot of him approaching the tornado in the first episode looked awesome

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    And it is all the more impressive from the CW who probably has, I would guess, half the budget a show like Gotham or Agents of SHIELD would have

AoS had some really dire effects last season but it has gotten so much better. Absorbing Man looked fantastic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    So there's this new site Longbox.me which is basically setting up to be a social network for comic book readers

you can set up your pull list and follow other people to see what your friends are reading all stuff like that

I think it's a neat idea, but it's definitely still very much in beta

A few weeks ago I just came up with a similar website concept and started work on it.

Now I'm mad. I'm going to build my own website anyways! With blackjack! And hookers!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The super speed in Flash is great

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    So, uh, I read vol. 1 of Afterlife With Archie in one night yesterday

Holy shit that does not pull any punches

And ohmygod the art is good. I especially LOVED the page when
    Archie kills his dad, with the scenes from his childhood spliced between panels of him swinging the bat. Really well done.

And I know you guys were talking about issue #4 a while back and how it sets you up for heartbreak, but I uh.... I still wasn't ready for it.

I think I'm going to wait for the second volume to come out before I read more of it, though. It feels like it's better suited for longer sessions, and I have some single-issue pulls to occupy me until then. Still catching up on other stuff anyways.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Issue 4 of alwa is the biggest response a comic has ever gotten out of me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Issue 4 of alwa is the biggest response a comic has ever gotten out of me

I think mine was the second to last issue of the Dimension Z arc of Captain America
    but it was me yelling OH FUCK YOU RICK so it's probably a different kind of thing

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I keep wanting to read Afterlife, but I'm also worried cause I'm a giant wuss as people talk about all these gut punch moments.

If I can barely handle We3 , should I even go near Afterlife?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    And it is all the more impressive from the CW who probably has, I would guess, half the budget a show like Gotham or Agents of SHIELD would have

AoS had some really dire effects last season but it has gotten so much better. Absorbing Man looked fantastic

Well, we've only seen two episodes. For all we know, they could be doing a ton of bottle episodes to save money for the effects heavy ones.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    My favourite gag in the second Flash episode was every time he'd drop someone off at super speed and the actors would just do a little jump forward with a startled look on their face. Simple, but effective! Also it's a great setup -- I'm looking forward to later in the season, when a supporting character is dropped off with a "God damnit, Barry" because they're just so used to him pulling that stunt by that point.

Legba on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Arrowverse has the best cop dads

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
This discussion has been closed.