As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl]With My Last Breath, I Say Go Pats

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    now carl needs to rebrand himself again

• Options
    I had trouble sleeping last night, because I kept thinking about fake death fake punt and laughing too hard

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mark Barron traded to the Rams in what might be the most pointless trade we'll hear about.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Congratulations to @Maximum and @Raijin Quickfoot‌ for being on top of the picks league, along with some other guy I don't know.

Congratulations to everyone who's still alive in the survivor league, this week was it for me.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This is the longest I've ever survived.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Mark Barron traded to the Rams in what might be the most pointless trade we'll hear about.

I feel like the NFL is trying to make the NHL trade deadline excitement happen....but it just doesn't work.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Maximum and I are tied atop the pick em league as well with someone else I don't know.

• Options
    15 point spread in the Seattle/Oakland game.

That's a tough call.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Has this been the longest our survivor league has lasted? I feel like it was over last season before I could even blink.

Maximum on
  • Options
    We didn't get past week 5 or 6 last year, it was a train wreck. We did ok the year before, there might be more people alive at this point but a few hung on at least this long.

• Options
    I need to record Brian and the Boz tonight.

• Options
    the bye week is a little boring, there's not much to look forward to. besides the slurs, steelers, and patriots hopefully losing and whatever the jets do.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    as one of the 3 people who still has no strikes in survivor I think this two strike system is communist and I protest it vehemently

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    There's only one person with one strike, the rest of you have none.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    JJ Watt was a film study favorite of the Chiefs defensive line coach, Tommy Brasher, a veteran with 25 years of NFL experience.

"We always watched film on him when we were in Kansas City," Powe said on the Verizon Texans Players radio show on Tuesday. "Coach Brasher always used to make us watch his pass rush cut up every Friday so every Friday we had to watch J.J.'s game from last week."

He said JJ Watt was the only player they watched every week.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    "would have lost to only three other teams this week..."

I seem to constantly be facing teams that are having their best possible game.

This is a maddening year.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    "would have lost to only three other teams this week..."

I seem to constantly be facing teams that are having their best possible game.

This is a maddening year.

My team's been pretty crappy, usually not even through poor choices on my part.

So I naturally have my best week of the season. And lose to my opponent's best week of the season. On the final redskins pass in OT. Because of course I do.

Woo fantasy

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I cut Vincent Jackson this week.

Maybe a mistake, but I've gotten into a point where the three losses I've had have all coincided with him putting up 1pt. I can't keep playing the game of whether or not he's going to luck into a TD in garbage time, so it was time to remove the temptation.

That said, I'm sitting on Dez Bryant, Steve Smith Sr, Odell Beckham Jr, Allen Robinson, and now Martavis Bryant, so I'm hoping that I have some potential WRs finding their place in their offense in the upcoming weeks so I can finish the season strong.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    15 point spread in the Seattle/Oakland game.

That's a tough call.

Take Oakland and the points. I see Seattle winning, but that offense is struggling.

• Options
    Rumor is Romo could "miss some time" with this latest back injury but other rumors he's going to play this week so who the hell knows.

They'll probably inject him full of pain meds and put him out there because that's what the NFL is all about.

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Usually I come here for help with multiple roster slots but this week it's 1 (Lacy, Nelson, and Watkins are on bye so I doubt I'll win anyway)

RB slot. I currently have Crowell starting (only out of necessity) but he's been bunk the last two weeks and I don't trust he'll bring anything against TB. Here are my options:

Isaiah Crowell (CLE) at home against TB
    Lorenzo Taliaferro (BAL) at PIT
    Jonas Gray (NE) at home against DEN

• Options
    You start Taliaferro for sure

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Yeah as a Forsett owner, you have to start Taliaferro, because he's certainly going to get all the running TDs for the Ravens.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Just do the opposite of what I do. If I start Taliaferro, you bench him because he'll get no points.

• Options
    Geno Smith has a Yahoo projection of -0.01 points this week.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    My only real dilemma this week is which defense to start, Detroit or Carolina...

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    My only real dilemma this week is which defense to start, Detroit or Carolina...

Do you think Carolina will get negative points?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    carolina's defense has been absolutely terrible

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

"Tony will be ready to play come game time, unless he's a total pansy.Troy would play, he was a leader"
    -Jerry Jones

• Options
    8-8

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    8-8

I agreed, but I sighed in frustration the whole time.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    When I saw Jerry getting on the field and in the locker room area during the game I just hung my head. He is the last owner I would want to coach for and not just because I hate the Cowboys.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Jerry Jones is the type of owner who would go "well, it worked in 1993 so it should work now!"

• Options
    Jerry needs to understand that there is no prize for winning the regular season and it's ok to lose a game in that situation. Instead he interfered, they brought out their injured star QB and exposed him to further risk, and they ended up losing the game anyway.

The only way that game could have been worse is if Romo had gotten hurt more by being put back in.

That's something the NFL needs to figure out. Players shouldn't be allowed to jack up on painkillers and go back in the game with an injury.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Jerry Jones is the type of owner who would go "well, it worked in 1993 so it should work now!"
    Jerry Jones will slowly become Al Davis as he gets older.

Get ready for fast players that can't do shit, Dallas fans.

• Options
    On something worth talking about...there are some really good games this week.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    It would be nice if they had an independent panel of doctors that worked for the NFL and not just a specific team that could take a look at whether or not players should actually go in after an injury.

I have no idea if that's realistic, but it's the best I got.

• Options
    Maybe they should have to report on all medication given to players, and make a rule that if a player has to go to the locker room for x-rays or treatment they can't come back in during that same game.

I could see that second rule making things worse though.

• Options
    HAHA! Sport Science is explaining why Stephen Tulloch and Lamarr Houston are idiots.

This discussion has been closed.