As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl]With My Last Breath, I Say Go Pats

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    It would be nice if they had an independent panel of doctors that worked for the NFL and not just a specific team that could take a look at whether or not players should actually go in after an injury.

I have no idea if that's realistic, but it's the best I got.

I mean they're able to talk lawyers into coming out and acting as neutral authorities during games....

well a lawyer, anyway.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXZeELeE7cc

That's a Snap! If I've ever seen one.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Maybe they should have to report on all medication given to players, and make a rule that if a player has to go to the locker room for x-rays or treatment they can't come back in during that same game.

I could see that second rule making things worse though.

I agree with this in theory, but then you just have teams not doing precautionary testing because it removes a guy from the rest of the game. It's a super hard problem.

And yet every week you see some guy clearly have a concussion and either he doesn't get checked out, or is checked out and passes the protocol and doesn't look right for the rest of the game.

I think the real problem is that the NFL doesn't care if it chews up and spits out players in the pursuit of making all those dollars. And fuck if I know how to fix that problem.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Hmm I am going to bet £10 on Oakland +15 @ Seattle. I think Seattle's offense is struggling and I don't see them winning that game by more than 15, even at home.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Seattle can win that game by 20 points without their offense ever touching the field.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Oakland is bad is what I'm getting at.

Like worst team in modern history bad.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Seattle's offense has been pretty shit recently though.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Oakland still has nine more games to prove themselves better than the '08 Lions

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »

Oakland still has nine more games to prove themselves better than the '08 Lions

Even if they lose every game they are still no worse than the '08 Lions.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think we'll have to bring point differential in at that point.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    08 Lions ended up 27th in offense, and 32nd in defense.

Oakland is 31st in offense, and 24th in defense.

Assuming those numbers stay the same, and Oakland loses out, I think the Lions still take the cake.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I was so disappointed when the 07 dolphins went 1-15 instead of 0-16. they were so bad

the only team in history to go undefeated and defeated! what a tag line

Jars on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    RG3 starting Sunday apparently

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That seems foolish. Let McCoy start, get your bye week, then bring RG3 back afterwards.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    That seems foolish. Let McCoy start, get your bye week, then bring RG3 back afterwards.

RG3 scared that McCoy may actually take his job?

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    McCoy is like one hard hit from Everson Griffin away from being a vegetable.

• Options
    RGIII is supposed to be your future and this season is basically shot.

I don't think he will be though. He's never going to stay healthy unless he completely changes how he plays which makes him far less effective.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    RGIII for everything he does well is just not a very smart player.

He's a more frail Michael Vick.

• Options
    it's unfortunate that he got caught up with this but his injury was directly caused by dan synder being a fucking idiot so I can't help but feel like justice was done

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I mean he probably should take another week but when he was healthy that first year, dude was a stud.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    RGIII is supposed to be your future and this season is basically shot.

I don't think he will be though. He's never going to stay healthy unless he completely changes how he plays which makes him far less effective.
    Maybe they don't know if he's the future.

• Options
    With what they traded to get him, they better still be thinking of him as the future.

• Options
    If the Skins end up trading RGIII within the next year or two for a mid rounder that might make it the most one sided trade in history.

Except for the Herschel Walker trade. That shit was bonkers.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    while early the playoff picture looks nuts. 11/16 teams in the afc have winning records. must be because there are quite a few tremendously bad teams this year feeding everyone wins(jets, jags, raiders, bucs are 3-27). though a lot of teams have only played 7 games so we will probably see more 4-4 teams next week.

Jars on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    ilu jon bois

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    It would be nice if they had an independent panel of doctors that worked for the NFL and not just a specific team that could take a look at whether or not players should actually go in after an injury.

I have no idea if that's realistic, but it's the best I got.

Oh you said "worked for the NFL"

I was thinking "An independent panel of doctors would strongly suggest that no one play football ever again."

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Hey guys who plays tonight?

Oh....

Panthers and Saints

Ewwww....

• Options

Oh....

Panthers and Saints

Ewwww....

Hey.

Hey....

H-....

...no, nevermind, you're right

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

Oh....

Panthers and Saints

Ewwww....

Look on the bright side. Thursday games have been all been very high scoring. So there is a good chance one of them actually breaks 20 points.

• Options
    I've got some fantasy implications in the game at least.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Jerry Jones will slowly become Al Davis as he gets older.

He's already most of the way there. I think people outside of Dallas fail to realize that.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Yeah I'm gonna start Carolina's Defense just because they've only gotten negative points twice and who knows the Saints are supposed to be bad on the road and so yeah maybe who knows god this season sucks can we please just have 8 wins please

• Options
    Also starting Greg Olsen because Bennett's on bye and Mark Ingram because Matt Forte is on bye.

So I guess this is a hill I die on, either way.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

Oh....

Panthers and Saints

Ewwww....

Look on the bright side. Thursday games have been all been very high scoring. So there is a good chance one of them actually breaks 20 points.

This game has significant playoff ramifications, at least.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

Oh....

Panthers and Saints

Ewwww....

Both these defenses suck, there will be a lot of points tonight from both teams

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Why would you start a defense against New Orleans? I know they haven't been great on the road this year but they still have Drew Brees and potential to put up a ton of points.

Unless you just don't have any better options.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    luckily it's not on cbs anymore so i won't be compelled to watch

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Why would you start a defense against New Orleans? I know they haven't been great on the road this year but they still have Drew Brees and potential to put up a ton of points.

Unless you just don't have any better options.

Detroit. Detroit is my other option.

And Detroit is on bye.

So I can take a guaranteed 0 points, or a very, very low likelihood of negative points. Carolina's D has averaged 5.75 fantasy pts, Saints opponents have averaged 5.86.

Also the Panthers are playing at home after a pretty embarrassing defeat at home (after having the upper hand). Saints are coming off a very strong victory, and with the short week I'm imagining the Panthers are hungry for another win and don't want to slip out of 1st place, while the Saints are riding the high and not focusing.

And yes I know that last part is silly.

Tox on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I refuse to believe there is not a better option than Carolina on the waiver wire unless it's like a 16 team league.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.