As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terra Series dead for now, [Fantasian] looking like an actual game though

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Setting my alarm to download the game tonight. :D

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular

Also, a PC version will be available at a later date.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I hope they put it on steam this time.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    My steam wallet would be threatened then. D: The more steps between the game and my money the better.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Downloaded Terra Battle 2

I liked the first one but fell off after awhile, so I figure a sequel might be an okay time to get into it again

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    It's live! I also tried out the first but fell off pretty quick. Excited to give this a try.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So I stopped playing around the time luck was added.

Tutorial in this is pretty weak. There's a LOT I don't understand from the outset. New players are going to be confused as hell.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh boy, this map system, uh

I think this game might not be very good?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Tried the first chapter. Seemed pretty sloggy especially with navigating the map and getting into a billion fights with mobs, unless the chapters are supposed to replace the map by map battles of Terra Battle. Mechanics also seemed pretty obscure even for veteran tb players (the hell is resonance) and being able to move enemies was....jarring, though i wouldn't say it was outright bad

Anyways, they at least handed out all the prereg rewards even though you apparently can't even roll gacha atm (lol?) so i'm sitting with 60 energy

my friend code is
    d6df1823
    if anyone wanted to add me

Orphane on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Oh boy, this map system, uh

I think this game might not be very good?

yeah it feels... like... a huge slog. it's cool but it's just too much, unless future maps are smaller??

i played the first story map and felt sated. full. overfull. absolutely stuffed.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Yeah, I feel like the story maps are a bit big for what it is.

I'm hoping that I can come back to story maps and chew them down a bit at a time.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    Just started, my ID is 0604bd88. Looks like I'll want to have a stylus again if I'm playing on my phone.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    You can go back to the main menu and attach new guardians and equipment you have while the party is in a mission (rolls are enabled after a certain point in chapter 2), so I imagine the map state will also be saved for long periods of time?

I like it, but the large maps make me wish it was a full-blown game instead of a f2p gacha. I'm not sure where/how that sort of delineation comes up in my mind though. >_>

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Hmm, I'm so far enjoying the map portion of it... to a certain extent. It is a bit clumsy on my old Galaxy S4's screen. I'll want to try playing on the iPad later, but I bet it would play best on the PC version later. Having more refined control via the mouse will probably make the whole drag and pick your battles aspect of it better.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I think its expected that you do a map a little bit at a time and not rush through it.

There is also some sort of % you earn on guardians that give you armor/weapons ala FFBE.

Seems okay so far except the clunky magnet mechanics.

Adellios on
  • Options
    Some tips thanks to Reddit:
    • Reviving yourself is free in (at least the first couple) story missions, supposedly you can hit the pause button to give up and revive faster if you've lost a few guys, this will speed up your runs.
    • You unlock the ability to summon midway through Chapter 2.
    • You can update your party's load out mid story mission, and also farm XP in the Metal Zone under Quests with that same party.
    • Story mode can be really slow at the start, especially if you don't have a strong friend character. To help remedy this, take your best/favourite Guardian and feed it (upgrade it with) all your Mighty Guardians, they're meant to be sources of XP.
    • In the same vein, take your best/favourite weapon you've acquired so far and feed it all your Zappers, if you don't have many and you've completed Chapter 2 you can buy them from the Un store. Most weapons get better hit boxes as you level them up which can make a huge difference in clear time / ability.
    • Your weapon in your offhand only provides half the stats and has no effect on your hit box so you're likely better off focusing on upgrading your mainhands first.
    • Some sequential achievements require you to receive the first one before it'll track for the next one, a good example is you wont get credit for completing Ch2 if you haven't received your reward from Ch1.
    • Under the friends tab you can set up a Friend unit regardless of how your parties are equipped. Ideally you'll put all your best gear on your friend unit to help others out.
    • If you're losing your guys while moving on the World map try zooming in more and taking your time, the magnets not the best and its really easy for your guys to get caught on stuff. Slow and steady will win out til you get practice at it.
    • There's only 3 chapters released right now but you can replay them for loot and xp at the cost of 0 stamina.
    • If you get duplicates of a rare weapon. DO NOT USE ONE TO UPGRADE THE OTHER. Save the duplicate. When you reach the current max lvl of a weapon you can "Unleash" it by combining it w/ a duplicate. If you fuse a duplicate early you just get bonus exp and miss out on the increased max lvl.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Oh yeah, story mode map navigation definitely controls a lot better on a larger tablet than on the phone.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Hmm, so the roll rates in this game are as abysmal as I remember TB1 being. Also, it looks like equipment is more important than getting guardians?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    WaveformWaveform Registered User regular
    This fucking game. I beat Chapter 2, and my reward for that is

Entire previous party is totally gone, I have to set up a brand new party of 2 new characters.
    As far as I can tell, this includes quests!
    So now if I want to run anything from the quest menu I only get to use 2 units (plus friend).

I am amazed they somehow managed to make so much of this game worse than TB1.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    So I tried TB1 a little bit when it first came out, but it didn't really catch my attention.
    But when I saw the TB2 was in development, I pre-registered or whatever for it.

I got the notice that is was available, and I tried it a little bit.
    I don't find it to be that much fun :( . I must have died 3-4 times on Chapter 1 before I remembered how combat works. I totally missed the more in-depth combat tutorial. I saw that it is behind the "wait a minute" reply to a prompt about being ready to go? Totally missed that.

So I managed to finish Chapter 1, by basically running through it. I didn't stop to get any of the shiny things I could see on the map. I died a bunch of times trying to get those. My healing just couldn't keep up with the damage I was taking chasing the stuff. So I followed the Story talking, and just ran. If you do that, you only have to fight three times I think. Maybe four.

I did Chapter 2 once, and got to the point where you unlock rolling for additional characters. But then I died, and apparently it re-locked? Huh?

And did I read right that only three Chapters are available right now? That's not a lot of content. So I hope I misread that.

Oh, and the game crashes like crazy. Either the app just force closes, or I get that (9999) error or whatever. That's... annoying.
    I don't think I lost anything to the crashes, as it seems to save you place on the map. If it had forced me to redo everything, I would've quit right there.

As it is, I think I might wait a little bit and see if they release some patches or something.

Selner on
  • Options
    Game really could have used more time in development before shipping.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Waveform wrote: »
    This fucking game. I beat Chapter 2, and my reward for that is

Entire previous party is totally gone, I have to set up a brand new party of 2 new characters.
    As far as I can tell, this includes quests!
    So now if I want to run anything from the quest menu I only get to use 2 units (plus friend).

I am amazed they somehow managed to make so much of this game worse than TB1.

Mid Chapter 3 very mild spoiler
    You quickly get two more party members to fill the ranks. Still kind of a jerk move though game. This game does not play very well with a three member party. With four party members there is still a blank spot on the load out so we still might be down one person. A six person team would make those stupid recode dragons easier.

For newer players, first thing to do: equip Samantha (doesn't matter who) and upgrade her with some Mighty's to unlock her skills then go through story. Mid way through Chapter 2 after unlocking the ability to summon, spend a lot of time orb farming your new gear.
    Talith wrote: »
    Hmm, so the roll rates in this game are as abysmal as I remember TB1 being. Also, it looks like equipment is more important than getting guardians?

Short term definitely, though my guess is the U equipment rewards from the guardians will probably end up being the true must haves if Brave Exvius is any indication. No idea how you go about improving the 'U'% though. 'B'% can go up by 0.1 per battle based on using skills, and 5% by combing it with a duplicate guardian. My guess is that 'B' improves skill activation percentage. L goes up by 3 when combining duplicate guardians, but no idea what that does or how to do it otherwise.

This game sure has a lot of different systems right out of the gate. I'm liking it overall, being able to push around monsters now changes how you go about battles. They really do need to work on the magnet thing though, as it is its too easy to lose a person and not know it, and as has been mentioned fighting at reduced size is no fun (ended up fighting an orb boss with two people doing about 50 damage a round, not fun). If they slowed the timer by half and also the move speed by half I think that would solve a lot of the issues. Also, no stupid one person wide paths or hidden paths in general when running into walls will force you stop.

The event stuff outside the story maps is pretty much the same format as TB1. Did one coop boss run, nobody knew what they were doing, many were really undergeared but it seemed like could be fun with even a minimal bit of coordination. Boss has four attacks: Fire blast full column attack, Fire Blast full row attack, a poison attack to all spaces next to it, and a Fire Blast cross attack. Mostly it seemed to alternate row and column attacks. The main challenge was getting ten people to pincer him with support in line, most go to the nearest edge and would keep knocking other pieces away while the other side had only a couple to activate attacks. Don't worry about losing a guy too much, they revive after a couple rounds. No rewards for a failed mission, but you need Coop coins for recoding guardians which should be a reward.

Not sure what Leviathan gives, beat it but didn't get any drops from the boss and the little guys gave consumable items.

Friend code is 1033caf9

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    U goes up once you max out B, or if you combine the same Guardians. Looking at them though, the gear you obtain from the gatcha seems to trump the U rewards, which makes sense.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Ended up rerolling a few times, settling on an account with an SS mage R'un, 2 A mages Oppul and Bibi, an SS Roland, and A healer Joogo. Also a small pile of A tier weapons and Z tier armor.

Id is 5a54c9b5 if anyone wants to add me.

I'll probably only play this on my tablet or later on the PC as my phone just can't handle the story maps.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    WaveformWaveform Registered User regular
    Sent you a friend request, Talith.

My friend id is ce9a1324 for whoever wants to add me.

Got relatively good pulls my first try so no rerolling here. Ended up with:

SS Earth mage (Ken)
    S Thunder mage (Hime'nald)

SS bow (Tristan)
    S sword (Rune Blade)

Finished Chapter 3 thanks to a random whale ally with a Z Gravity mage. Now I have a full party again!

• Options
    After some more time in I'm getting the hang of this story board movement. It's still awful if you aren't on a tablet though, and even then it isn't much better.

Game also reminds me that I really should upgrade my phone.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Here are some translated updates for TB2.

5rc0cvve95oz.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    l57nVmHBFuAC430995XFdJ22FieH-hg_OvZ5bnSqqps.png?w=432&s=2c788892d59bf4cd7363ac6260c555ae

Chapter 4 incoming

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Rolling is active right after the tutorial now, with guardians and weapons separated on their own banners at slightly higher rates. It takes 5 minutes now to try and roll 15 times.

Also, you can't zoom out as far on the map now but you have a lot more time to move, and the magnet shouldn't be breaking either which makes map travel a lot better.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I'm bouncing off this one kinda hard :/ Been logging in to get the daily drops, but I just can't seem to get into it.

• Options
    Not surprising, considering the first impression was really rough and lacking. Probably a game to look at again around January or so and see how things progressed.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Today's changes:

Updates to Pacts
    :
    Jodie (Z) Ice Mage added
    tvaXgz0l.jpgwCSpw7El.jpg4KGu3W9l.jpg

Leon (SS) Ice Spellblade added
    • Pact Prices changed to 10 for 30 and 1 for 3 (from 5 for 15) on Genes and Elements
    • Quantas Pact has ended, currently only the two Pacts active.
    • Djagos (Z), Ipp'oh (SS), Zumba (SS), Gantt (SS) removed.

Content Updates
    :
    • Chapter 5: In the Land of Zais added! (two new characters + coins type Deux Coins)
    • Zmey quest added! Capturable Earth Dragon Mage, Drops - Normal: Magician Robe, Mythril Shield. Hard: Gold Shield, Leather Jacket
    • Timers removed on all other quests

Other:
    • 12 total energy compensation given (17 if you'd bought energy afaik)
    • Fixed max level equipment showing as lvl 1 on the Battle Result screen
    • Fixed friend units getting full stats from offhands without dualwield
    • Fixed shop restocking (starting Sunday 1pm)
    • Balance changes to Ji'row and AOE skills (Maelstrom, Tremor, etc) (NERFS)
    • 30 Energy being given for above balance changes in near future
    • Ch3 exit only appears after boss defeated now

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    So everyone is receiving 90 energy and a S class guardian summoning ticket as compensation. Also, for every guardian that got nerfed you are receiving another S class ticket. Also, because of issues with their achievement system, they are going to be temporarily disabling it and awarding everyone ALL achievement rewards.

Also, they are going to take longer than the 1 week per chapter they were originally aiming for.

In short, game is broken and everyone gets a huge pile of apology energy and items.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    400~ energy and a bunch of stuff in compensation today. I'll just keep on logging in and collecting things and not really play, waiting to see how this game improves over time.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Looks like with the failure of TB2 they are already going to start work on TB3 in Spring, as well as officially start development of Terra Wars which seems to have had delays.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sir, Each game we make is less popular than the one before
    MORE GAMES
    but sir
    MORE GAMES!!! Turns into final form and destroys planet.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
  • Options
    I feel like the space from the original terra battle and my experiences with ffrk have soured me on the gacha mechanic in general. I don't think I'll find the motivation to give another one a try

• Options
    So here is a look at Terra Wars, coming to iphone and pc (probably JP only)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMRYzSTUIdc

Definitely not what I was expecting. Here I was hoping it wouldn't be a freemium game.

Per Siliconera:

The above video is a battle demonstration from the first closed beta test of Terra Wars. The victory requirements are simple: defeat the enemy King and you win, lose when your King is defeated. If time runs out and neither Kings are defeated, the side that defeated the most Healers and Guards will win, but if these numbers are the same as well then it ends in a tie.

You deploy characters from your deck by dragging their icons and placing them anywhere within the purple circle. The King can slowly move wherever you tap and swipe. The purple deployment area also moves alongside the King, so you’ll want to move them accordingly.

Keep in mind that you can move the King as many times as you want, and while moving the King closer to the enemy camp might be helpful for spawning allies closer to the enemy, Kings take more damage when they go out to the frontlines so there’s a good amount of risk involved.

By tapping on a Guard you can temporarily increase the Cost Meter gauge as their Guard Skill. Healers work in a similar way where you can give them a tap to activate skills. Healers are used to recover the HP of the farthest ally. Both Guards and Healers can use skills up to three times per battle, so you won’t be able to abuse these abilities.

Deck characters have skills that you can use once per deployment. You’ll know when they’re available when indicated by the down arrow on top of their head. By tapping on the character, you’ll use their unique skills. Characters have all kinds of unique skills, so you’ll want to try out different kinds to see which ones you like.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    So its PVP focused? The worst feature of the original Terra Battle? Interesting Choice.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀