Options

[Destiny] Time to eat, Guardians! Free Gjallarhorn in every Kids Meal!

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    You just have to get into the zen of a good farming run. Collecting your spin metal or spirit bloom and just doing without thinking about it can really be quite relaxing.

Except Relic Iron.

Fuck Mars.

Scablands farm loop is about my favorite now. Almost no deposits but there is around a dozen chest areas inside that loop and takes a few minutes.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I was secretly hoping Atheon would get a stealth fix to the cheesing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR4AQ4_ydH0

My wish came true.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    The pizza is a lie...

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    I've raided with every character I have, so sub me out if possible.

So should we just permanently replace you? Seems weird to be part of a group but raid before our set time and then mention it on day of raid.

I've just been jumping at whatever raids I can. I never thought of the alt stars as a promise to raid together, it was just a motley crew raiding with alts when needed.

I'll come tonight. Its no big deal for me anyways.

It's all good man, just assumed we were all on the same page. If you've already run it I'll look for some folks who could use the raid.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    Celian wrote: »
    Personally speaking, I didn't pay any attention to the game pre-release until the beta and I can't say I was ever "hyped" for the game.

The Bungie name on the box ensured I would have a fun time (and I did), but playing the final product it was disappointing to see the game fall short in so many obvious ways, particularly given Bungie's pedigree.

It is a great game. Expectations were badly managed by Bungie. Right now my biggest gripes would be fixed with more gear options / more gear flexibility and better ways to get upgrade materials, specifically the ones you have to farm on patrol. Like, I got new boots in the raid. Awesome.... now go on Venus for an hour and a half to get the needed mats. Getting new gear should be fun :(
    I don't think it's a great game. It feels more like a great demo that you play over and over while waiting for the "real" game to come out.

Most people have over a hundred hours of gametime in. You're just silly.
    Anyone know a good place to farm the Pocket Infinity kills off this week's nightfall?

If can get to the first phase of the door opening sequence it's pretty good I imagine. Lots of low hp enemies and pretty quick to get to.

I'm looking for a 28 zone outside the darkness. There's only about 20 kills before the wizards start showing up and ruin everything at the gate event, and then you're bounced back to orbit.

So you can find Level 28 enemies outside of the Nightfall darkness zone that count towards Pocket Inifinity kills? How does that work exactly? I thought only enemies in a darkness zone had the level of the mission/event/strike you were doing.

Basically you only have to find an instanced zone (you know, somewhere you're alone or with just your fireteam. Randoms won't enter). I did it when the Nightfall was Venus. I went to the area where the Vex and Fallen were fighting in the library.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Farming upgrade materials on the moon is very monotonous.

Yes, this. I spend a lot of my time recently doing this. So whenever I get an invite to do anything else with other people I take it.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Bro, do you even raid?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Personally speaking, I didn't pay any attention to the game pre-release until the beta and I can't say I was ever "hyped" for the game.

The Bungie name on the box ensured I would have a fun time (and I did), but playing the final product it was disappointing to see the game fall short in so many obvious ways, particularly given Bungie's pedigree.

It is a great game. Expectations were badly managed by Bungie. Right now my biggest gripes would be fixed with more gear options / more gear flexibility and better ways to get upgrade materials, specifically the ones you have to farm on patrol. Like, I got new boots in the raid. Awesome.... now go on Venus for an hour and a half to get the needed mats. Getting new gear should be fun :(
    I don't think it's a great game. It feels more like a great demo that you play over and over while waiting for the "real" game to come out.

Anyone know a good place to farm the Pocket Infinity kills off this week's nightfall?

If can get to the first phase of the door opening sequence it's pretty good I imagine. Lots of low hp enemies and pretty quick to get to.

I'm looking for a 28 zone outside the darkness. There's only about 20 kills before the wizards start showing up and ruin everything at the gate event, and then you're bounced back to orbit.

So you can find Level 28 enemies outside of the Nightfall darkness zone that count towards Pocket Inifinity kills? How does that work exactly? I thought only enemies in a darkness zone had the level of the mission/event/strike you were doing.

Apparently anywhere that would be flagged as a darkness instance in some version of the map still has the necessary "flag" for completion.

So go to somewhere else that would be a mission. It won't actually be darkness, but some flag they set up for those mobs will still be on.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »

Crude Quip: I have thousands of hours logged on the shitter. That doesn't mean it's a rich and compelling experience.

Alternate Quip: At least 40 out of every 100 hours is spent on loading screens.

Serious Reply: The mechanics of controlling your character are phenomenally well executed; a master course in game design. However, there is very little game to support these mechanics: a weak, short, and disjointed story campaign, and handful of strikes that use even fewer gameplay mechanics, and one raid that I can't comment on as I've still never done it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This is further exacerbated by the fact that the primary motivation to continue playing that Bungie put into the game is loot, but there is a pathetically small pool of potential items, made artificially smaller by the Light mechanic superseding all other stats and aesthetics, and blocked behind a terriblely unforgiving RNG.

This is not the epic open-world, story-rich shooter with deep character customization we were sold in all those trailers and ViDocs.

I can probably blame my personal life for this feeling, but the "terribly unforgiving RNG" has been especially depressing lately. I was talking with a friend about it last night, and I think it's a similar story in every end-game where you're hunting for specific (and relatively rare) loot. I still enjoy playing, but the carrot is getting smaller. I also wonder if, when I've gotten all the loot for which I was hunting, will the game be more or less fun?

As a side note, why have you not tried the raid yet? It's easily the most fun and engaging part of the game (personal opinion, of course). Assuming that you're lv26+, I'm certain the people in this forum can make sure you get into a raid if you want.

Part of it is never being able to commit to dedicated gaming time; I usually only know 5 minutes before I log on if I have time to play at all, let alone for a raid.

Though increasingly, I'll admit it's so I can be that hipster that doesn't raid.

I'm kinda in the same boat here. I really can't dedicate in advance a large chunk of time to playing. Hah, I was only able to raid last week because the wife and baby went to visit family for the day and I happened to get out of work rather early(I may or may not have engineered a way to get out of work early for this). I found a group using destinylfg for the first time and it was a rather pleasant experience. The guy scooping us up was quite knowledgable and well-spoken. He essentially took 5 raid newbies through in about 2 hours. Probably would have been quicker if not for all the party chat issues we ran into during Atheon.

I would be absolutely surprised if my next destinylfg experience ends up anything close to this one, but it's certainly an option. I hope to group up with you guys at some point for the raid, but it's hard when you just can't commit to a solid block of time.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular

Just ignore nightfall area and hit one of the generic mission darkness areas. They will get boosted to nightfall levels but death doesn't dump you to Orbit.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I've raided with every character I have, so sub me out if possible.

So should we just permanently replace you? Seems weird to be part of a group but raid before our set time and then mention it on day of raid.

I've just been jumping at whatever raids I can. I never thought of the alt stars as a promise to raid together, it was just a motley crew raiding with alts when needed.

I'll come tonight. Its no big deal for me anyways.

It's all good man, just assumed we were all on the same page. If you've already run it I'll look for some folks who could use the raid.

I'll come if needed, but in the future I will be sure to save my alt raid for this group.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »

My wish came true.

What would have been better is if Atheon still dies but they don't get any loot and it locks that loot table for the week as if they got loot.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »

Crude Quip: I have thousands of hours logged on the shitter. That doesn't mean it's a rich and compelling experience.

Alternate Quip: At least 40 out of every 100 hours is spent on loading screens.

Serious Reply: The mechanics of controlling your character are phenomenally well executed; a master course in game design. However, there is very little game to support these mechanics: a weak, short, and disjointed story campaign, and handful of strikes that use even fewer gameplay mechanics, and one raid that I can't comment on as I've still never done it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This is further exacerbated by the fact that the primary motivation to continue playing that Bungie put into the game is loot, but there is a pathetically small pool of potential items, made artificially smaller by the Light mechanic superseding all other stats and aesthetics, and blocked behind a terriblely unforgiving RNG.

This is not the epic open-world, story-rich shooter with deep character customization we were sold in all those trailers and ViDocs.

I can probably blame my personal life for this feeling, but the "terribly unforgiving RNG" has been especially depressing lately. I was talking with a friend about it last night, and I think it's a similar story in every end-game where you're hunting for specific (and relatively rare) loot. I still enjoy playing, but the carrot is getting smaller. I also wonder if, when I've gotten all the loot for which I was hunting, will the game be more or less fun?

As a side note, why have you not tried the raid yet? It's easily the most fun and engaging part of the game (personal opinion, of course). Assuming that you're lv26+, I'm certain the people in this forum can make sure you get into a raid if you want.

Part of it is never being able to commit to dedicated gaming time; I usually only know 5 minutes before I log on if I have time to play at all, let alone for a raid.

Though increasingly, I'll admit it's so I can be that hipster that doesn't raid.

I'm kinda in the same boat here. I really can't dedicate in advance a large chunk of time to playing. Hah, I was only able to raid last week because the wife and baby went to visit family for the day and I happened to get out of work rather early(I may or may not have engineered a way to get out of work early for this). I found a group using destinylfg for the first time and it was a rather pleasant experience. The guy scooping us up was quite knowledgable and well-spoken. He essentially took 5 raid newbies through in about 2 hours. Probably would have been quicker if not for all the party chat issues we ran into during Atheon.

I would be absolutely surprised if my next destinylfg experience ends up anything close to this one, but it's certainly an option. I hope to group up with you guys at some point for the raid, but it's hard when you just can't commit to a solid block of time.

Sort of in the same boat. My wife and I don't really plan our evenings ahead of time. Sometimes we want to hang out together doing together things and other times we want to do our own thing. We don't have nights specifically set to do either, sort of just go with whatever we both feel like doing. It works pretty well for us. Haven't committed to a raid time because I'm never sure if I'll be playing a specific night or not. But hey, if a group needs to drag a 6th through and I'm on I would give a go.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Stragint wrote: »

My wish came true.

What would have been better is if Atheon still dies but they don't get any loot and it locks that loot table for the week as if they got loot.

He says, then at some point in the future has Atheon unintentionally fall off the map and loses out on the loot drop.

Why would Bungie do such a thing? He posts furiously in the forums.

And so on and so forth.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    You just have to get into the zen of a good farming run. Collecting your spin metal or spirit bloom and just doing without thinking about it can really be quite relaxing.

Except Relic Iron.

Fuck Mars.

What? The relic iron run is just the most simple farm run in the world.

The only thing I don't like about it is that someone else will always be jumping in my run.

This is partly because I needed a big chunk of relic iron at once and partly because the public events on Mars are fucking annoying. God damn killing shielded jerk faces is a pain in the ass.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    'Assassinate the target' is the worst.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular

Except Relic Iron.

Fuck Mars.

I just want mats from jobs on patrol. Kinda bummed that was a thing that you could unlock and then it was taken out or w/e.

Mat rewards from patrol missions would be so great.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    'Assassinate the target' is the worst.

haha, that depends on whether or not the game thinks that it should scale its HP and shields to account for the 15 other people that aren't even in the same area to fight it with you. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    @Houn , you and I have expressed some pretty similar misgivings about this game, (though my sense is you are a little more frustrated with it than me right now), but let me tell you the raid really is good. Well worth doing, if only to see it once. I did it with Team Titan last night in about 1:45, so it's not a massive time sync. I'm sure it would have been quicker too if not for my relative inexperience.

I'm thinking about trying to organize another raid this weekend, we'll talk.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Team Cold Nuggets, we are On for our usual 9/8/6PM raid time (East to West).

However.

Today is @shoeboxjeddy’s birthday! That’s great! His friends will want to hang out with him! Also great!

So he might be late for the Raid. That’s … ok. It’s ok, guys. Right, guys? Guys?

Anyway, jeddy mentioned that he was pretty confident that he could make it for our usual time, so there’s probably nothing to worry about - but in case he does get held up, @Hiryu02 and I went ahead and offered to push the raid back by an hour. If jeddy isn’t able to tear himself away from his adoring friends and family by 10PM EST, we’ll see if we can grab someone from Team Booboo for our run, and then jeddy can jump into the Saturday raid.

@”Evil Monkey”, I hope that’s ok for you and Hax and Bart. If not, you guys can have my loot.
    Hahaha – me, “get loot”. Suuuure.

Speaking of Bart, did he get around to joining Pax Arcadia? It would be cool to get that cheevo for those who don’t have it yet.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    @jefe414‌ , @Darkewolfe‌ , useful info, thanks!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    Finished up the PVP portion of Thorn last night and realized I'm much better solo on control than I am in a full party with guildies... I guess I just talk to much I'll have to work on that. After losing ground playing w/ Local and a few other on Tuesday I went from 300 to 500 in 3 matches. Oh and this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_BbFVSIjpI&feature=youtu.be

Which made my night.

Anyone else need Xyor? @dinoarus you on tonight?

jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

My wish came true.

I wish there was voice chat audio on that clip... I can just imagine.

"Woo, good job guys. Let's dance... HOLY SHIT HE'S BACK"

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular

My wish came true.

What I like is that they try again like it'll work the second time

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Darkyth wrote: »
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Fatebringer, Hawkmoon, SGA, new raid gearz. Now to max out on bounties and hit 30!

Don't forget the Gjallarhorn you got from the chest!

Pretty sure I want to kill you and wear your skin/account now.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular

My wish came true.

They should take a cue from the Old Loot Cave and add a single voice file for Atheon.

“NOPE.”

Or

“HERE’S JOHNNY!”

Or

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU FEEL FOR THAT. GET IT? ‘FELL’?”

Or

“I GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN …”

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Fatebringer, Hawkmoon, SGA, new raid gearz. Now to max out on bounties and hit 30!

Don't forget the Gjallarhorn you got from the chest!

Pretty sure I want to kill you and wear your skin/account now.

It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the Gjallarhorn again.

• Options

My wish came true.

They should take a cue from the Old Loot Cave and add a single voice file for Atheon.

“NOPE.”

Or

“HERE’S JOHNNY!”

Or

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU FEEL FOR THAT. GET IT? ‘FELL’?”

Or

“I GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN …”

Eh, have him spawn 3 minotaurs who only go after the person who fired the last shot that sent him over.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I may have killed atheon last night while the away team was gone and locked them there.

teehee.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    So... this is a warning that I am about to spend the next hour adding folks from the PS4 mega-roster. My friends list is mighty light, and I am getting very conscious that this is to be a social game, with the raiding, clanning, nightfalls and wot not.

So, expect to see a request from Kersev in your inbox… except for you mountain/pacific time folks, your land is a mystery to me, and I don’t believe my internet stretches that far.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Happy Xur-eve!

I'm asking for a Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Helm of Inmost Light, Mask of the Third Man, and The Last Word. Here's to hoping Xur's little elves are listening!

• Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    Team Apology Accepted has downed hard mode Templar!

Hrrrm, how did you guys approach it? Just brute force it the normal way until he goes down, or did you guys use the starting platform?

We had five on the starting platform and only the relic holder down on the ground.

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Happy Xur-eve!

I'm asking for a Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Helm of Inmost Light, Mask of the Third Man, and The Last Word. Here's to hoping Xur's little elves are listening!

Expect the opposite of that entirely :bigfrown:

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Yeah, we tried to cheese Atheon last night and he wasn't having any of it. Once we actually tried to kill him the normal way things started to work out. After I killed us over and over.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    Team Alt-Stars, we good for tonight as per usual? 8 central, 6 West and 9 East?

@darkyth @stragint @Squall99x @JusticeforPluto @Igpx407

Works for me!

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Happy Xur-eve!

I swear the Last Word will never be on Xur until an expansion comes out and there is a better gun that everyone but us gets.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Happy Xur-eve!

I swear the Last Word will never be on Xur until an expansion comes out and there is a better gun that everyone but us gets.

This is one of the reasons that PS users should be upset at the exclusivity of their Exotics and Strike. While your crap is exclusive, the gear will never show up on Xur and your strikes will never be a weekly/nightfall.

If you shared with us, we'd both have more variety!

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

Should be good for me. Any issue if I bring my 26 warlock (maybe 27 before raid if I am lucky) or will that bog things down too much?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Dear Santa Xur,

I have been a good Guardian. Killing things, doing patrol missions, raiding, remembering to say "please" and "thank you" to the Vanguard. I even stopped pranking Master Rahool!

This Friday, either Hard Light, or The Last Word. I would even settle for a Universal Remote!

Also I promise to leave you cookies and milk this time.

Yours truly,

JusticeforPluto.

• Options
    squall99x wrote: »

Should be good for me. Any issue if I bring my 26 warlock (maybe 27 before raid if I am lucky) or will that bog things down too much?

I'll bring my 29 Hunter to make up for the lost dps. We should breeze through it.