Options

[Destiny] Time to eat, Guardians! Free Gjallarhorn in every Kids Meal!

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Looking for a couple people to fill an impromptu Xbone Raid right now.

Message me on Xbox Live if you want in. GT same as my username
    Sent you a message.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Is there anything as depressing as a hunter's grenade?

I posit that no, there is not.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    erevar you still gonna try the nightfall? saw you online but I went to grab a snack before starting it again

edit: Nm, see you're raiding

Got a random invite to help Alpha with hard-mode Atheon (fuck RNGesus), and my buddy from work buggered off early. We can do it two-man; I'll just help my buddy later.

Edit: Just saw your second post. Grats!

Thanks, being that everyone else was saying they got strange coins I was expecting the same, but... surprise, I guess. lol.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular
    Hey, got my Thorn. Sweet. *tosses it into the bank to wait for the buff*

• Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    Team Apology Accepted has downed hard mode Templar!

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular

My Thorn is sitting right next to my Vex Mythoclast in uselesstown.

PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    mFiend wrote: »

My Thorn is sitting right next to my Vex Mythoclast in uselesstown.

Along with Bad Juju and Super Good Advice.

Exotics!

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Nothing from Hard mode so far (still need to beat Atheon), but got Foubd Verdict and the Titan towel from the normal raid so its not a complete waste of a night.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

There is, but at least you can talk to your doctor about it.

There's no one for the poor Hunter to talk to about Explosive Dysfunction.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

Tripmine grenades are a thing of beauty!

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular

Ahh, you guys must not use the tripmine.

• Options

It happens when I'm in the crucible sitting on the wrong side of a doorway behind a glowing orb of purple destruction. I can't get any closer to it or I die and it just won't go away. It sits there, glowing and taunting.

Instead, I go elsewhere and shoot at other enemies, but they hide before I can finish. I try an arc grenade, but it only does 16 damage. In return, they throw their grenade past me, but it still finds me and sticks to me. It explodes twice and returns me to the darkness.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm guessing tripmine is on the Man With the Golden Gu-uh-unnn specialization and not the Bladedancer I run as alt when not using my try-hard Sunsinger.

Will get to that one next. Looking forward to the throwing knife, too.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Fatebringer, Hawkmoon, SGA, new raid gearz. Now to max out on bounties and hit 30!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    I'm guessing tripmine is on the Man With the Golden Gu-uh-unnn specialization and not the Bladedancer I run as alt when not using my try-hard Sunsinger.

Tripmine has been letting me down lately. It was my preference, but lately it either doesn't go off or fails to kill.

You can run through the tripmine before it explodes. The warlock's black hole grenade or their burning sun grenade will definitely kill you if you try to pass through them. Same for the pulse or lightning grenades, but at least those can sometimes be destroyed.

The arc grenade is also easily avoidable, since it has that obvious flash before it goes off. All the flash does is delay its activation, which allows people to escape from its highest damaging radius. Even with the Lucky Raspberry, the drop off range for damage is too short.

Basically, if you want any possibility of a kill with a hunter's grenade, you have to throw it directly on your enemy.

• Options

Correct. It's one of the few (only?) grenades that can instantly kill someone when not stuck to them. It also has the ability to stick to a person to instantly kill them and anyone within the huge cone shaped area of effect. It takes some time to learn how to use properly though. If you attach it to the ground it is almost useless. You want to be hitting walls to get the most out of it.

In addition, it has the actual tripmine effect, so it's great to stop people from chasing you, or just to throw in a busy spot. I'm constantly getting kills on Delphi by throwing it in the window above C.

• Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    Got both the nightfall and weekly done. Got plenty of coins in case Xur has anything good this weekend. Until Then I will run around feeling like a space cowboy with this new The Last Word got from the nightfall.

wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I've been rocking the voidfang vestaments in crucible for that sweet, sweet grenade action. I must say, there's been quite a few times I've missed the "more durable during Nova Bomb" from the helmet. So close to some warlock BS triple kills in this last match :(

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Hunter Grenades (specifically Gunslinger) are really fucking bad.

Grenade one: Throw a solar grenade. It will bounce before exploding, meaning you have to aim short (remember this for later) for no reason. The explosion will kill no one, you might even detect pity in your enemies' eyes as they murder you. Using this in Crucible legally counts as a cry for help.

Grenade Two: Throw a cluster grenade with pitifully small/weak homing capabilities. This grenade must be thrown precisely on target, punishing anyone with experience "using" the first grenade. Pleasingly, this is actually good for dealing burst damage in PvE, it is recommended as the class' main PvE nade. You only realize the trap of this grenade when you forget to switch it when starting Crucible. You can hit a standing still enemy directly in the face, dodgeball style and they will be fine. You can throw this into a doorway and the enemy can deliberately walk through it with no danger to themselves, like the drying portion of a car wash. The best possible outcome of a direct hit here is something like half health damage.

Grenade Three: Throw a stick grenade that sticks to surfaces or even enemies. First off this grenade is awful for PvE. NO enemy will walk across a trapped surface, they'll just stand behind it and shoot you. Stick damage is disappointing on heavy enemies and grenade two is much better for groups. But since Gunslingers were 0 for 2 on usable Crucible grenades, Bungie finally decided to throw them a bone. If you stick someone with this, they'll die. If you stick a wall and someone (stupidly) hangs around anywhere near it, they'll either die or be close to doing so. But wait, there's more! The designer of the first two nades must have discovered this one and freaked out until he was allowed to "balance" it. So first, if someone RUNS by the trap, they'll take no damage. If the grenade lands on the wall funny (it usually does this), the 'trap' zone will be pitifully small and angled stupidly. If you fling it at someone and miss and hit the ground it won't kill anyone... Well, I take that back. This grenade is actually fantastic at killing its own user. For God knows what reason, the trap has no friendly fire protection and will happily frag its owner. So if you throw it at an enemy in a doorway and miss and then approach the doorway to shoot, the nade will immediately cause a suicide. I have found the ground trap both fantastically ineffective against enemies and surprisingly accurate against its own user.

So the final tally. One grenade that literally has no purpose (and sabotages best practices for the other two if you're learning from it), one grenade that only does damage in one mode for some reason, and one extremely demanding grenade that asks more from the user than any other fatal grenade... and also TKs more than any other grenade in the game. Bungie........ Y U DO THIS

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Oh shit. Just picked up an icebreaker in the crucible.

This is awesome.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Fatebringer, Hawkmoon, SGA, new raid gearz. Now to max out on bounties and hit 30!

Don't forget the Gjallarhorn you got from the chest!

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    The worst part about the hunter grenades that you throw and stick to stuff are that people can just shoot them and destroy them. Cant do that with Warlock or Titan grenades

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    A big shout out to @skyknyt‌ for jumping in to help me with the Weekly Heroic, where I was being Weakly Heroic.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Darkyth wrote: »
    BillyIdle wrote: »

Don't forget the Gjallarhorn you got from the chest!

Oh yeaaaah. I need to spend a few hours on the moon to get, oh I don't know, 160 helium filaments. Bulk farming, wish this was available at Costco.

• Options
    They really need to rethink the bounties in this game. Vanguard is fine. But for PvP, some of them are just rediculous and unrealistic. I enjoy the PvP in this game, and like playing it when I have the time I have during the week. But when I can't work on bounties, I feel like I'm wasting my time. Not my fault, it's the grind they put in. If I'm not working on bounties while I do PvP I could be doing Vanguard bounties or gathering mats which I always need. I should play because I enjoy playing and do the PvP because I enjoy it, but being realistic, there's things you just HAVE to do as you play this game. Annoying as it is. So you could at least get rid of the impossible bounties, or the ones that are offered for game modes not even playable.

Thank you.

• Options
    Tommatt wrote: »
    They really need to rethink the bounties in this game. Vanguard is fine. But for PvP, some of them are just rediculous and unrealistic. I enjoy the PvP in this game, and like playing it when I have the time I have during the week. But when I can't work on bounties, I feel like I'm wasting my time. Not my fault, it's the grind they put in. If I'm not working on bounties while I do PvP I could be doing Vanguard bounties or gathering mats which I always need. I should play because I enjoy playing and do the PvP because I enjoy it, but being realistic, there's things you just HAVE to do as you play this game. Annoying as it is. So you could at least get rid of the impossible bounties, or the ones that are offered for game modes not even playable.

Thank you.

Yeah, the hand cannon bounty is ridiculous, I honestly wonder how many people actually did it.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    So, I watched this today, and couldn't really stand the first 5 mintues or last 5 minutes roughly. He goes a bit overboard, but I understand what he's saying. Anyways, while I think he's harsh in some ways, I think he offers some valid thoughts and some interesting speculation on what may have been removed/and also what could come. I've never heard of the thought of sparrow races, but yes please! It will probably annoy some, and like I said the first few minutes and last few minutes are harsh, and in some ways it's beating a dead horse. Maybe he's just doing this to try and get views and subscribers, but I think he has some valid points.

And I love this game and have put more time into this game except for some games as kid, and WoW as an adult. Not sure what else would come close, maybe L4D/2, Rockband as a series, NHL as a series, but really I've put more time into this game as anything else and love it. But it is flawed. I think we can all agree on that. Destiny 2 should be amazing, and I hope the DLC does a lot to add to that, but man is this game just so close, yet so far away, from not only being amazing, but maybe the best game ever. And I guarantee this guy has put 100+ hours into it, which anyone is hard pressed to put into a game.

but the best game ever is what we were hyped to believe, and honestly, what it could/can be. We'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5BpeHVTWY&list=UUe9ALkM44Uowu2cCf-dMvOQ

Tommatt on
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Why is this game out of all games giving people an existential crisis? All I see are people blaming advertisements and publishers and etc for their "hype machine" but no one ever talks about their responsibility as a reasonable adult human to keep their emotions and expectations in check. It's all the fault of someone else - some hype machine, some developer or publisher, some cosmic force... nowhere does the burden fall upon the poor preyed upon gamer. People talk about how they expected the world and the best game ever, and I just have to ask- why? If you got hyped beyond imagination, that's your fault. If you don't like all of Destiny or parts of Destiny, that's completely fine and understandable, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone say just that. There's always a million things they want to blame and it's such a HUGE deal about game companies lying to them and stealing from them.

Everything in today's world is hyped. Every product. That's what advertising is now. You were hyped to think it was the "best game ever!"? What I expected from Destiny is what I expected from just about any other game that interested me and was advertised heavily - a game I could enjoy, a game that was incredible in some aspects and poor in others, something that was far from perfect but something I could still enjoy a lot. You have to have a realistic worldview. I just can't see how people go through life getting hyped beyond belief about everything coming out and then acting like they were literally stabbed in the back by their lover when it wasn't a life affirming video game.

And, you know, when a game lets me down, it's not a scandal, there was no malicious conspiracy from a company to mislead me to make money. It just is what it is. I didn't like something. I don't need to make a youtube video about it or try to whip reddit into a frenzy with conspiracy theory posts and find other people to circlejerk. It's honestly just tiring, it happens with every "AAA" release nowadays.

edit - this isn't directed towards anyone here, just from general observations post launch on places like reddit and twitter.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    mosssnack wrote: »

This is awesome.

I didn't get to buy this, I hope I find it sometime soon

• Options
    Frei wrote: »
    Why is this game out of all games giving people an existential crisis? All I see are people blaming advertisements and publishers and etc for their "hype machine" but no one ever talks about their responsibility as a reasonable adult human to keep their emotions and expectations in check. It's all the fault of someone else - some hype machine, some developer or publisher, some cosmic force... nowhere does the burden fall upon the poor preyed upon gamer. People talk about how they expected the world and the best game ever, and I just have to ask- why? If you got hyped beyond imagination, that's your fault. If you don't like all of Destiny or parts of Destiny, that's completely fine and understandable, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone say just that. There's always a million things they want to blame and it's such a HUGE deal about game companies lying to them and stealing from them.

Everything in today's world is hyped. Every product. That's what advertising is now. You were hyped to think it was the "best game ever!"? What I expected from Destiny is what I expected from just about any other game that interested me and was advertised heavily - a game I could enjoy, a game that was incredible in some aspects and poor in others, something that was far from perfect but something I could still enjoy a lot. You have to have a realistic worldview. I just can't see how people go through life getting hyped beyond belief about everything coming out and then acting like they were literally stabbed in the back by their lover when it wasn't a life affirming video game.

And, you know, when a game lets me down, it's not a scandal, there was no malicious conspiracy from a company to mislead me to make money. It just is what it is. I didn't like something. I don't need to make a youtube video about it or try to whip reddit into a frenzy with conspiracy theory posts and find other people to circlejerk. It's honestly just tiring, it happens with every "AAA" release nowadays.

edit - this isn't directed towards anyone here, just from general observations post launch on places like reddit and twitter.

Eh, I feel there's a give and take on both the consumer and developer side. Sometimes it's overhyped, and sometimes the developers promise more than they can deliver. Sometimes the consumer misinterprets the vision, or expects way too much.

Sometimes it feels like a bait and switch which makes you feel sour. There's been a couple of games this gen that promised us the moon and then felt lacking for whatever reason. It could be last gen holding it back, new consoles not providing the power they thought of with the concept, intentional cutting back for dlc, whatever reason.

I think the reason this game is taking so much heat is it's the first multi console next gen big thing. Watchdogs took a lot of heat for the same reason, and had titanfall been multi platform, even though I love it, I feel it'd have similar backlash/loud negative opinions.

I feel like this post was in relation to mine and the video so I'd like to say again I love this game and I've played it more than anything as an adult except wow at this point. But it does have its fault and does start to feel like a grind at the end. I've played MMO's and know the grind, but if it was a full MMO it'd be lacking.

Like I said earlier and so many have said before, it's an amazing game that has flaws. It will grow into an amazing game via more content, dlc, and sequels I feel but right now it lacks polish. And if nothing else, the games that follow it and the model but can perfect it, will be a sight to behold.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Personally speaking, I didn't pay any attention to the game pre-release until the beta and I can't say I was ever "hyped" for the game.

The Bungie name on the box ensured I would have a fun time (and I did), but playing the final product it was disappointing to see the game fall short in so many obvious ways, particularly given Bungie's pedigree.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    To add to the Field Scout (max ammo) discussion a few pages ago:

- The Calling (FWC Scout Rifle, shop) : 16 magazine and 214 ammo -> 27 magazine and 324 ammo
    - The Crash (FWC shotgun, Cryptarch reward) : 6 magazine and 19 ammo -> 7 magazine and 29 ammo
    - Invisible Hand (shotgun, engram) : 5 magazine and 17 ammo -> 7 magazine and 28 ammo
    (note: the first to ones are maxed to 300 attack, the bottom one still needs 4 upgrades, tested on a char with no ammo boosters)

In case of the scout rifle, that a serious upgrade :o

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options

- The Calling (FWC Scout Rifle, shop) : 16 magazine and 214 ammo -> 27 magazine and 324 ammo
    - The Crash (FWC shotgun, Cryptarch reward) : 6 magazine and 19 ammo -> 7 magazine and 29 ammo
    - Invisible Hand (shotgun, engram) : 5 magazine and 17 ammo -> 7 magazine and 28 ammo
    (note: the first to ones are maxed to 300 attack, the bottom one still needs 4 upgrades, tested on a char with no ammo boosters)

I missed that discussion. Did someone bring up that increasing your mag size/max ammo also increases the amount of ammo you pick up from drops? 2 heavy ammo increases will double the amount of ammo a machine gun gets for pvp.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular

Hrrrm, how did you guys approach it? Just brute force it the normal way until he goes down, or did you guys use the starting platform?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »

This is awesome.

I didn't get to buy this, I hope I find it sometime soon

It totally caught me off guard. Was only in the crucible to grind out one more win for the bounty before the 5am rollover happened. Hell, I got dumped into the game half-way through it. Squeaked out the win and had this shiny yellow item in my award column. I started giggling once I realized it was the icebreaker. I've been wanting one since I couldn't afford it the other week. Very nice replacement over my Final Boss.

I got enough experience for Field Scout on my hand cannon and it went from 12 to 13 rounds. Kinda laughable, but it did up the ammo count to around 107. I could definitely see being in some situations where that'd be more useful than the range perk.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Personally speaking, I didn't pay any attention to the game pre-release until the beta and I can't say I was ever "hyped" for the game.

The Bungie name on the box ensured I would have a fun time (and I did), but playing the final product it was disappointing to see the game fall short in so many obvious ways, particularly given Bungie's pedigree.

It is a great game. Expectations were badly managed by Bungie. Right now my biggest gripes would be fixed with more gear options / more gear flexibility and better ways to get upgrade materials, specifically the ones you have to farm on patrol. Like, I got new boots in the raid. Awesome.... now go on Venus for an hour and a half to get the needed mats. Getting new gear should be fun :(

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular

Hrrrm, how did you guys approach it? Just brute force it the normal way until he goes down, or did you guys use the starting platform?

Starting platform, with @GMaster7‌ in the back of the arena killing oracles with the relic while the rest of the squad stayed up top and sniped oracles/the boss from the back.

The toughest part of Hard so far has definitely been the conflux spawnings before Templar. Once we got those down things started to progress pretty quickly.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So what's the Pocket Inifinty quest bug/exploit/whatever? I've had that quest clogging my inventory for weeks and I kinda just want to get rid of it now.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    So, I watched this today, and couldn't really stand the first 5 mintues or last 5 minutes roughly. He goes a bit overboard, but I understand what he's saying. Anyways, while I think he's harsh in some ways, I think he offers some valid thoughts and some interesting speculation on what may have been removed/and also what could come. I've never heard of the thought of sparrow races, but yes please! It will probably annoy some, and like I said the first few minutes and last few minutes are harsh, and in some ways it's beating a dead horse. Maybe he's just doing this to try and get views and subscribers, but I think he has some valid points.

And I love this game and have put more time into this game except for some games as kid, and WoW as an adult. Not sure what else would come close, maybe L4D/2, Rockband as a series, NHL as a series, but really I've put more time into this game as anything else and love it. But it is flawed. I think we can all agree on that. Destiny 2 should be amazing, and I hope the DLC does a lot to add to that, but man is this game just so close, yet so far away, from not only being amazing, but maybe the best game ever. And I guarantee this guy has put 100+ hours into it, which anyone is hard pressed to put into a game.

but the best game ever is what we were hyped to believe, and honestly, what it could/can be. We'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5BpeHVTWY&list=UUe9ALkM44Uowu2cCf-dMvOQ

Look, everyone here knows I'm generally pretty salty about Destiny... but this guy is a complete putz. He has no idea how to form a proper argument and makes huge leaps and assumptions that his data doesn't support.