As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COULD YOU IMAGINE THE SMT Persona Thread? IT'S GENIUS!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Jars wrote: »
    so when is this game coming out on pc

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

it's understood that Hollywood sells Californication

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    so when is this game coming out on pc

When Mother 3 is localized

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So far I'm liking the ladies in the cast far more than the dudes.

So far I haven;t even SEEN the dudes except for the main character. why do they always focus on the girls?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Because they probably sell the game far more than some dude

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    P5's art style just gets more incredible every time I see it.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Because they probably sell the game far more than some dude

'Probably'? The internet's reaction to megane says it all.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    $ W A I F U M O N E Y $

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Clearly I should have spent more time in high school learning how to draw cute people

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Naked

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    If you can't draw a character naked, I won't trust you with giving the character clothes.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    okay catching up on all this

holy fuck knight armor caestus-wielding motorcycle girl, persona character of the year, all years, who do i make this check out to

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Punch Lady is Best Lady

Tea Lady is a close second

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    okay catching up on all this

holy fuck knight armor caestus-wielding motorcycle girl, persona character of the year, all years, who do i make this check out to

Please make the check out to me

In addition to being the dub cast I served as character designer

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh

my

fucking

god

who are you

i will take a mortal blow for you

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    YaYa wrote: »

Guy in the top left has his face hidden

Definitely an antagonist who joins you for the mid to lategame right

Chslp4ZUoAUbEYa.jpg:orig

that's him, top right

if someone could scale this to a phone background I'd be eternally grateful

e: just the character stuff don't need the title/date

dunno about phone sizes but here's the art sans text

key_visual.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

So far I haven;t even SEEN the dudes except for the main character. why do they always focus on the girls?

I'm really digging the dapper suit/Neo-esque trenchcoat the main character has.

• Options
    Chara CaroliChara Caroli Canes VenaticiRegistered User regular

They already explained the backstory for the Protagonist, Ryuji and Yusuke last year: http://gematsu.com/2015/10/persona-5-reveals-new-persona-artwork-updated-character-descriptions

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Sharon Begley
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    oh

my

fucking

god

who are you

What if...what if that's nanako

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Whippy wrote: »
    oh

my

fucking

god

who are you

What if...what if that's nanako

Her victory quote is

"Every Day's Great At Your

Fuck You~"

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Punch Lady is student council president?!

she cannot get better! I refuse to believe!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yeah the male character designs definitely don't make as much of an impression on me as the female character designs.
    But I can't tell if they:
    - actually made the female designs stand out more than the male ones, or if it's
    - just my personal perception bias, or if
    - it was maybe that way in 3 and 4 too and it just feels like the characters were more equally distinct because of the non-visual characterization they gained later from the actual story and dialogue. I don't FEEL like the female characters stood out more than the male ones in those games before I played them, but memory is awfully unreliable for that sort of ephemeral first impression...

It's that one.

• Options
    I like the main character's design quite a bit

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I like the main character's design quite a bit

He's probably my favorite of the bunch and my favorite of the Persona MCs so far.

Which is extra exciting because it's always more fun when you really enjoy the MC.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    play asia has standard edition, says theyll be getting anniversary one soon ish

does amazon.jp ship to NA?

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    They usually do these days, but I'm shipping it to a reshipper because it'll be way cheaper for me that way.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    E3 can't come soon enough

One more month right

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    oh, that bike she's riding on is literally her persona

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Uhh

is there suppose to be subtitles?

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    They should appear by default with the CC icon.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I wish I knew what the transition from P3 to P4 was like

I have to imagine there's always this trepidation of "how could they possibly make a new cast that even comes close to measuring up to the last one"

And yet people already love Punch Lady and Tea Lady and the game's not out yet

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    there's still plenty of room for them to turn out to be yosukes :rotate:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    More like you-suck-'kay, amirite?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I think people conflate a character having negative qualities with being a bad character to much

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think Yosuke and Warren from Life Is Strange get the same rap

They're realistically shitty teens, ones that people are embarrassed to admit they actually do identify with because of how awful they are

They will eventually be good people but god they suck right now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I think Yosuke and Warren from Life Is Strange get the same rap

They're realistically shitty teens, ones that people are embarrassed to admit they actually do identify with because of how awful they are

They will eventually be good people but god they suck right now

I think this is accurate, but I also think that it's kinda good to hate on dudes like that

Like, rejecting that Jungian shadow. Recognizing that, "There but for the grace of God go I" and putting the distance in.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Yosuke has a lot of genuinely good qualities.

He's mostly a good guy that has some bad attitudes/a lack of perspective when it comes to a few things. And I think the idea was that it largely has to do with cultural norms and how they tend to raise kids like him with certain mindsets.

One of the themes running through P4 is how media and culture effects who we are and how we see the world, other people, and ourselves. And Yosuke represents the average teen that's a mental slave to the social norms broadcasted at him 24/7. I think there's a reason he's the one who's the most like the stereotypical anime teen boy.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I've really soured on him the more games they make with the P4 cast

Yosuke being uncomfortable with Kanji being one of the big character traits they decided to run with (and giving it to Yu when he gets a personality, albeit a lesser version) is a sticking point for me

And if a major theme of a piece of media is how media and culture affects who we are and how we see the world I think it has a responsibility to do more to denounce the shitty views espoused within or else it almost seems like an endorsement

Care Free Bomb on
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
This discussion has been closed.