Options

Chrono [Chat]ter!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Greeper wrote: »
    There's tons of tragic villains in video games.

Wha... just tons.

Resident Evil never fails to have the stupidest, most perplexingly-motivated villains.

"I'm going to mutate the world!! Mwahahaha!"

oh god why on earth

"Mutate the World" is the name of my charity startup.

We have a lofty mission but I think we have the power to make it happen.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm at my cousins engagement party. It is an awesome mix of elderly Jews and young Dominicans

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I never slept with Merrill. Too much crazy.

Is there anyone in DA2 outside of Isabella that isn't a raging asshole or crazy person?

Varric and Aveline

Aveline was kind of an asshole. Not like Fenris or Anders or Sebastian, but . . . . :\

Just curious why you think this?

Because she was tough but not an asshole. I mean maybe if you were an asshole to her.

She was actually a cool character because she was your big sister and kind of a best friend but wasn't suppose to be a love interest. She tells you when you are being an idiot. She cares for her guards. She wants to protect the city and the peace. She isn't perfect but I never found her to be an asshole.

Anders is just a dick. Fenris is less of an asshole if you talk to him but I never cared too.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Speaking of Varric the videos from when they let the youtubers come in and play DA3 are amazing because you have Varric this short fat dwarf flipping around in the air doing no scope headshots like its fucking counter-strike

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I started a second game of Dragonfall as a fist adept but gave up within the first hour or so because it was super dull

I tried a fist adept and it was not really my thing either. I think the class needs an overhaul.

I've done games as rifle-samurai and pistol-decker

I am not sure if there's another class I'm particularly interested in trying

I feel like pistoldecker is the best choice in Dragonfall simply because it fits the story so well. You're Monika's protege, of course you'd be a techie.

i also like the idea of a character who is 90% cybernetics and uses melee weapons (and maybe some form of gun as well)

just a murder machine, and played as amoral

i don't feel like the game has enough replayability to actually go through and do that, though, and i liked having decking to give me access to extra story options

having high strength gives you plenty of options as well though

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Varric is the only good character in the game.

Everyone else was terrible.

Good banter.

But god,

I should not want to murder my party.

Other than the fact that she basically started a war that lead to the deaths of many people, what's wrong with Isabella?

But yes, if I were making a team just based on the characters, it would be Hawke, Bethany, Varric, and Isabella.

I guess if I rolled a tank Hawke I could do that . . . .

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Oh gad. Low battery on my DS forgot charger still 3 hours left and the store is dead

This is the worst event in history

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    bloodyroarxx was warned for this.
    Ok I know im not the most tactful person and I can be an asshole alot

but what the fuck is this thing in the front row?

do we kill it with fire?
    10629639_10205090915177256_1641822715573928168_n.jpg?oh=f2265ef8bf47f72d239ab74ca918b876&oe=54BBC79E&__gda__=1425417352_340815ca807d6cd5a374a07d66455ed4

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Ok I know im not the most tactful person and I can be an asshole alot

but what the fuck is this thing in the front row?

do we kill it with fire?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10629639_10205090915177256_1641822715573928168_n.jpg?oh=f2265ef8bf47f72d239ab74ca918b876&oe=54BBC79E&__gda__=1425417352_340815ca807d6cd5a374a07d66455ed4

That actually kinda looks like my family.

Quid on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    It's an ugly bag.

edit: unless you're talking about the people, in which case, I'd reconsider that post if I were you

Tav on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    not that it's not funny but posting a picture of someone to laugh at how bad they look seems like a thing we shouldn't do!

sig.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Wha... just tons.

Resident Evil never fails to have the stupidest, most perplexingly-motivated villains.

oh god why on earth

I'm trying to get some recording artists on board to raise awareness for all the unmutated children in Africa.

Our goal is to make sure that at least 10,000 children have third arms or x-ray vision by next Christmas.

We have Danny Elfman writing lyrics and... well, nobody else yet.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I never slept with Merrill. Too much crazy.

Is there anyone in DA2 outside of Isabella that isn't a raging asshole or crazy person?

Aveline! She's uptight and a bit naive but - despite the Internet's protestations to the contrary - being uncool is hardly on par with "murderously irresponsible" or just plain "murderous."

EDIT: and Varric is great wtf

Yeah, Aveline has her head on tight and knows how to run the Guards. She's alright.

And yes, Varric, chest hair extraordinaire hello!

Well

except the part where she endangers your life to keep her crush safe.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Jacob - have you played NWN2: MotB? I think you'd really like it, based on what you consider core to an RPG.

• Options
    Is that a rock?

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    ohh... gideon-senpai~

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    DA2 could have had that Aveline romance sidequest not involve any of the boring combat. Apparently there are no beaches near Kirkwall that aren't infested with monsters.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I'm getting the feeling everyone here hated DA2 but they're going to buy DA3 at launch.

• Options
    I like that you can have a guy in your party who literally believes that all mages should die. But who won't care in the slightest if you are a mage.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I'm getting the feeling everyone here hated DA2 but they're going to buy DA3 at launch.

isn't this how sequels work

• Options

Then you are feeling wrong.

There are tons of folks in [chat] who liked DA2. Flaws and all.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Nope.

I hated the fuck out of it, and haven't even bought ME3 because of it. Like literally, it's everything I hate in a video game rolled into 1.

• Options
    AND I PLAY MOO3

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i never played da2 because i heard it sux
    and i wont buy da3 at launch. maybe my brother will and i'll mooch

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I like that you can have a guy in your party who literally believes that all mages should die. But who won't care in the slightest if you are a mage.

It is like how nobody notices if you use blood magic in Dragon Age 1. I guess there is nothing surprising about a person suddenly using blood magic after going into the Fade to deal with a devil.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

Wha... just tons.

oh god why on earth

I'm trying to get some recording artists on board to raise awareness for all the unmutated children in Africa.

Our goal is to make sure that at least 10,000 children have third arms or x-ray vision by next Christmas.

We have Danny Elfman writing lyrics and... well, nobody else yet.

"Do They Know It's X-Mas"

• Options
    Also, DA2 is why I don't listen to @Elendil about games anymore.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    you know what I look forward to even more than the holidays?January and Will's yearly update to the anime thread. it's the most wonderful time of the year.there'll be much weaboohooing

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i never played da2 because i heard it sux
    and i wont buy da3 at launch. maybe my brother will and i'll mooch

I actually liked DA1 quite a bit, despite its many flaws. Because of the wheel and combat changes, I did not play DA2 and will not play DA3. It they want to make an actual sequel to DA1, maybe I would buy that.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacob - have you played NWN2: MotB? I think you'd really like it, based on what you consider core to an RPG.

No! I have been meaning to for a long time. I avoided it originally because the core game of NWN1 really bored me - the one and only time I have never finished a Bioware game.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    yes, all those posters who don't post here are really going to have their jimmies rustled by not being allowed an anime thread

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

It is like how nobody notices if you use blood magic in Dragon Age 1. I guess there is nothing surprising about a person suddenly using blood magic after going into the Fade to deal with a devil.

The story / mechanics disconnect with blood magic has consistently been one of the most incongruously dumb things about the Dragon Age series.

• Options

Yea but DA3 looks like they said ok what about DA1 and 2 worked respectivley and said ok take those and make a kick ass game.

Oh and add the AMAZING multiplayer from Mass Effect 3 into it.

and right there DAY ONE, also I like it because the Multiplayer characters are actual characters in game and they apparently talk shit to each other and stuff in mid battle.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    YOU CAN MAKE WYNNE A BLOOD MAGE

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Look man I just wanted to say weeaboohooing ok?

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Look man I just wanted to say weeaboohooing ok?

Weeaboo.jpg

• Options

Yea but DA3 looks like they said ok what about DA1 and 2 worked respectivley and said ok take those and make a kick ass game.

Oh and add the AMAZING multiplayer from Mass Effect 3 into it.

and right there DAY ONE, also I like it because the Multiplayer characters are actual characters in game and they apparently talk shit to each other and stuff in mid battle.

I still give 0 shits about the multiplayer.

Like none at all.

Yeah ME3 was fun.

But I could done with out it.

Seriously like why will I play multiplayer? There is a huge fucking single player campaign that I have to finish.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    P10 wrote: »
    yes, all those posters who don't post here are really going to have their jimmies rustled by not being allowed an anime thread

Who knows, maybe this is the year where Will-san's heart melts and he lets the tribe back in?

Maybe just for a day.

Before taking it back away from them.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    AND I PLAY MOO3

nooo cinders don't do that to yourself

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    After living in California the fact that I have to drive to a liquor store boggles my mind. This is far too inconvenient. Too inconvenient for me to even buy liquor anymore.

This discussion has been closed.