Options

Chrono [Chat]ter!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also not sure how anyone could not be a dick to Merrill the whole time.

I mean some how I ended up sleeping with her in my first game.

I also was sleeping with Isabela.

Yeah, DA2 where polyamory happened by accident/bug.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Greeper wrote: »
    the world's better mutated, atomika.

so much better.

Apparently.

Step 1: mutate everyone

Step 2: [404 error: file not found]

Step 3: $$$$$

I can't even remember what was going on in Resident Evil 6. The bad guys assassinated the President and bombed China with a zombie gas ... for ... selling weapons for money!!

When you've pissed off the two most powerful nations on earth, what are you going to do with money? America will send in Jason Bourne to slit your throat at that point.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    The world would be more interesting dragon.

488W936.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I started a second game of Dragonfall as a fist adept but gave up within the first hour or so because it was super dull

I tried a fist adept and it was not really my thing either. I think the class needs an overhaul.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

that was an accident?

and I made a conscious effort to try and be nice to Merrill

and ended up sleeping with her

and immediately regretted it

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I started a second game of Dragonfall as a fist adept but gave up within the first hour or so because it was super dull

I tried a fist adept and it was not really my thing either. I think the class needs an overhaul.

I've done games as rifle-samurai and pistol-decker

I am not sure if there's another class I'm particularly interested in trying

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    I just got my first lvl 70 character in Diablo

Life stayed exactly the same.

What gives?
    now you can keep doing the same thing but for paragon levels / loot until you grow bored / die

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Yay new Hark a Vagrant!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Also I'm tempted to get FF6 / Chronotrigger on the Wii store and do that

MrMister on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

so much better.

Apparently.

I can't even remember what was going on in Resident Evil 6. The bad guys assassinated the President and bombed China with a zombie gas ... for ... selling weapons for money!!

When you've pissed off the two most powerful nations on earth, what are you going to do with money? America will send in Jason Bourne to slit your throat at that point.

Retire to some far-flung nonextradition country and live like an exiled and impoverished king.

Probably in Botswana or Slovakia or something.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Merrill is the elf who makes you pause, even if only briefly, and consider if, perhaps, the racist humans were right about the elves. Your first inclinations of the character are later on proven to be incorrect in the worst possible ways.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Elldren wrote: »

that was an accident?

and I made a conscious effort to try and be nice to Merrill

and ended up sleeping with her

and immediately regretted it

Well...

I was nice to her because I felt bad at the end of her story line.

But I was already with Isabela.

Then Isabela asks me if I wanted to still be with her.

And I was like yeah.

So...I kept sleeping with both.

Edit: This was my femhawke btw.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    I hate Wild Wild West, but I love Patton Oswalt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10XIDC1bUs

So much money pissed away. So, so much money pissed away.

At least Jon Peters finally got the robot spider he always wanted.

I will always be equal parts amused and perplexed that there exists a guy who was obsessed with the idea of a giant robot spider being in a movie, who also had enough influence to make it happen. He could make his dreams literally come true on the screen, and his mission was robot spider.

A giant robot spider.

And it was glorious

• Options
    I never slept with Merrill. Too much crazy.

Is there anyone in DA2 outside of Isabella that isn't a raging asshole or crazy person?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

I feel like pistoldecker is the best choice in Dragonfall simply because it fits the story so well. You're Monika's protege, of course you'd be a techie.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

so much better.

Apparently.

Retire to some far-flung nonextradition country and live like an exiled and impoverished king.

That is why God created assassins and deniability.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    I am installing The Wolf Among Us and Gone Home because I need to play something that is at least somewhat intellectually engaging.

Daiblo makes my brain feel mush.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Yes, i'll do BORDERLANDS next...

It should be cool!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Is there anyone in DA2 outside of Isabella that isn't a raging asshole or crazy person?

I'm sympathetic to crazy

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

i am offended by this post because it either means you forgot about varric or think he's an asshole or crazy

how dare u

• Options
    I am installing The Wolf Among Us and Gone Home because I need to play something that is at least somewhat intellectually engaging.

Marvel Heroes did that to me, which is essentially a Diablo clone.

click this
    shoot that
    click this other thing
    loot
    manage loot
    shoot thing
    too much loot
    drop loot
    click
    click
    clickety

• Options

Varric and Aveline

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Do you have Kentucky Route Zero

if not: get Kentucky Route Zero

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

I feel like pistoldecker is the best choice in Dragonfall simply because it fits the story so well. You're Monika's protege, of course you'd be a techie.

i feel like rigger kind of fits too, like you're the wheelman when you're not popping nerds with your drones all barack o-bomb-ya up ins

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    My friends and I are close to beating Gauntlet on Hard, so we started looking for another co-op game. One friend decided to buy a 4-pack of a similar top-down co-op action game called "FORCED".

Oh man this game is so bad! The voice acting is horrible and it controls like a twin stick shooter, to the point where the animations don't make any sense (running backwards at top speed, strafing everywhere). The combination of combat and puzzles seems really interesting but the netcode is not great. The game lags to the point where it's unplayable!

What gets me the most though is how bad the voice acting is. It sounds like Scandinavians reading a script in English for the first time, laying down an awkward, halting first take, then using that as the audio in-game.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Aveline! She's uptight and a bit naive but - despite the Internet's protestations to the contrary - being uncool is hardly on par with "murderously irresponsible" or just plain "murderous."

EDIT: and Varric is great wtf

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

I'm sympathetic to crazy

im not i only allow SUPER SANE people who make COMPLETELY RATIONAL DECISIONS

i aint down with the nonstandard

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Anyone who likes RPGs that allow you to make meaningful choices really must play Neverwinter Nights 2: mask of the betrayer. Don't be put off by it being D&D, or an expansion pack to NWN2, which is lackluster, or even by the combat not being very good. It might be the single most well crafted branching story in RPG history, and the characters are
    deep, varied and spectacular. Also, it features an evil path that is not cartoonish at all.

• Options

i am offended by this post because it either means you forgot about varric or think he's an asshole or crazy

how dare u

I actually forgot about Varric :|

Varric's problem for me what that I never found his skillset to be all that helpful, and I would always have Isabella with me anyway, so I didn't want to be rogue-heavy.

Loved the character, though.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

so much better.

Apparently.

Doesn't matter if the arms dealer buys a castle in Botswana or a duplex in Switzerland or or an igloo in Siberia, America and China will send dudes after them. It's not like we asked for Pakistan's permission when we killed Bin Laden.

emnmnme on
  • Options

Varric and Aveline

Aveline was kind of an asshole. Not like Fenris or Anders or Sebastian, but . . . . :\

• Options
    i feel like asscreed needs to go full on crazy and just like back up the weird statement you keep hearing that the templars and assassins have been at war for thousands of years

straight up do some like, cain is the first assassin abel is the first templar tier ridiculousness or something even more fantastically dumb

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I hate Wild Wild West, but I love Patton Oswalt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10XIDC1bUs

So much money pissed away. So, so much money pissed away.

At least Jon Peters finally got the robot spider he always wanted.

I will always be equal parts amused and perplexed that there exists a guy who was obsessed with the idea of a giant robot spider being in a movie, who also had enough influence to make it happen. He could make his dreams literally come true on the screen, and his mission was robot spider.

A giant robot spider.

That is probably going to be my favorite Hollywood story forever.

Quid on
  • Options

so much better.

Apparently.

Doesn't matter if the arms dealer buys a castle in Botswana or a duplex in Switzerland or or an igloo in Siberia, America and China will send dudes after them. It's not like we asked for Pakistan's permission when we killed Bin Laden.

No, this is still a totally sound plan!

We can make this work!

We just need more zombies!!

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    a friend of mine has no idea what studio ghibli is, and was therefore perplexed by the professor tororo pic

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Varric is the only good character in the game.

Everyone else was terrible.

Good banter.

But god,

I should not want to murder my party.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    i feel like asscreed needs to go full on crazy and just like back up the weird statement you keep hearing that the templars and assassins have been at war for thousands of years

straight up do some like, cain is the first assassin abel is the first templar tier ridiculousness or something even more fantastically dumb

That game needs to start doing some Platinum tier crazy. Trying to keep it grounded seems pointless now.

• Options

Aveline! She's uptight and a bit naive but - despite the Internet's protestations to the contrary - being uncool is hardly on par with "murderously irresponsible" or just plain "murderous."

EDIT: and Varric is great wtf

Yeah, Aveline has her head on tight and knows how to run the Guards. She's alright.

And yes, Varric, chest hair extraordinaire hello!

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i luv fenris because he is voiced by gideon emery who voiced balthier who was like, the best dude in ffxii

gideon emery also voices the sentinel pilots in dawn of war II: retribution and this one guard in new tristram right near the beginning of diablo 3

*lovingly strokes gideon emery effigy seated atop dedicated shrine in closet*

Rear Admiral Choco on
This discussion has been closed.