As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[American Dad!] - Now Available (in some counties) on Disney+'s Star

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    I'd say some of my favorite episodes are Hot Water and Rapture's Delight. Which are amazing but are a huge departure from standard American Dad, which is saying something in a show where so much random shit happens and continuity is foggy at best.

I love when they have Francine point out continuity discrepancies.

Stan: "And that's why this family can never have a dog."
    Francine: "Hold on, didn't we have a dog before? No, wait, we've had two dogs..."
    Stan: "Those were just dreams."

Francine: "Dr. Ray? I thought you got killed by a giant ant."
    Dr. Ray: "No, I didn't!"
    Francine: "Oh. Okay!"

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I like how francine is a low key criminal

also I loved both the Stomp episode and the Big Chill episode

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Low key? She had a secret lair filled with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise she shoplifted. She didn't even wear those clothes, she just enjoyed stealing them and occasionally sitting on a throne of stolen dresses.

• Options
    Hevach wrote: »
    Low key? She had a secret lair filled with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise she shoplifted. She didn't even wear those clothes, she just enjoyed stealing them and occasionally sitting on a throne of stolen dresses.

that's why she's low key

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I'd say some of my favorite episodes are Hot Water and Rapture's Delight. Which are amazing but are a huge departure from standard American Dad, which is saying something in a show where so much random shit happens and continuity is foggy at best.

I love when they have Francine point out continuity discrepancies.

Stan: "And that's why this family can never have a dog."
    Francine: "Hold on, didn't we have a dog before? No, wait, we've had two dogs..."
    Stan: "Those were just dreams."

Francine: "Dr. Ray? I thought you got killed by a giant ant."
    Dr. Ray: "No, I didn't!"
    Francine: "Oh. Okay!"

They do explain Dr. Ray is a weird clone experiment

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I wish they'd do more with the Morning Mimosa hosts. I thought they were going to be the replacement for Greg and Terry, but they've been missing for a while.

I just like the premise of a morning show where the hosts and everyone in the audience gets progressively more intoxicated while they simultaneously harass the guests.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0z3gCFXHj0

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I wish they'd do more with the Morning Mimosa hosts. I thought they were going to be the replacement for Greg and Terry, but they've been missing for a while.

I just like the premise of a morning show where the hosts and everyone in the audience gets progressively more intoxicated while they simultaneously harass the guests.

I thought they were a direct take on Kathie Lee and Hoda

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Man, of the two kinds of American Dad Christmas episodes, Stan is a dick and wants a redo, or family vs evil Santa, I continue to really prefer the latter.

I mean, doing something different would be totally fine too.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I really enjoy the later

though last nights was pretty great

for a gross out gag, the tensile steel cable joke was very nicely executed

• Options
    edited December 2020
    I love how the American Dad Santa lines up with the Family Guy Santa in the sorta-kinda shared universe.

Santa killed himself and turned his workshop into some horrible distopic nightmare world because he genuinely wanted to give everyone in the world the gifts they want. But the Smiths? Totally fuck those guys. Just them in particular, the Griffins are worse people but they all get new iPads.

Hevach on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    I like the Nemo xmas one. Especially for the Stan beating up Roger bit.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Yeah, my wife walked in on the episode ten minutes in and asked me what she missed. "It's a Stan is mad at the family for not doing Chrismas his way episode," was my reply.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Do you like Ghost Ship? American Dad likes Ghost Ship!

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Gyral wrote: »
    Yeah, my wife walked in on the episode ten minutes in and asked me what she missed. "It's a Stan is mad at the family for not doing Chrismas his way episode," was my reply.

Eh I think that was a very minor part of the episode and more of a setup. The rest of the episode is just him trying to find a way to save their lives.

I thought it was funny, especially the day being saved by Steve masturbating. I just didn't like they didn't resolve the blackmailer part.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The Krampus episode is required holiday viewing in our house.

When I'm breakin' the finger. Lawd, it breakin' my heart. :whistle:

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    The Krampus episode is required holiday viewing in our house.

When I'm breakin' the finger. Lawd, it breakin' my heart. :whistle:

We've turned that episode into a Sing-A-Long tradition.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I can always appreciate a good time-loop episode. :)

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

I thought they were a direct take on Kathie Lee and Hoda

Yeah I thought this was just satire and then I saw hour 3(4?) of the today show which was literally just them day drinking. Joel McHale showed up one of katheelees last days before retiring and just slammed a whiskey bottle down on the table and they all did shots. The whole thing was crazy and I would have thought a network would be more responsible about normalizing wine moms.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The only thing networks are responsible about normalizing is Nielsen numbers and sponsor contracts. For example, there's more examples of actors refusing to film an offensive episode than of networks refusing to air one afterwards.

Hevach on
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2021

I love that this is what they chose to showcase.

"Ohhh, he nipped me! I got nipped!"
    "Ahhh! I got nipped!"
    "Oooh, I got nipped!"
    "Ahhh!"
    "Ahhh!"
    "Ahhh!"
    "Ahhh!"

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

I love that this is what they chose to showcase.

"Ohhh, he nipped me! I got nipped!"
    "Ahhh! I got nipped!"
    "Oooh, I got nipped!"
    "Ahhh!"
    "Ahhh!"
    "Ahhh!"
    "Ahhh!"

"Our viewers are very cruel."

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    i really wish american dad was back on netflix bc I hate watching it with commercials. (Also jeez the seasons to buy digitally are so expensive)

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    i really wish american dad was back on netflix bc I hate watching it with commercials. (Also jeez the seasons to buy digitally are so expensive)

TBS is owned by Time Warner and Time Warner is owned by AT&T so why isn't American Dad on HBO Max?

• Options
    I'm hoping they do add it, but I have a feeling there's some arcane rulings about the streaming rights v them and Disney from the earlier seasons

• Options
    edited February 2021
    So I can't find a clip at the moment, but I just learned that Hell's Kitchen recently had on a band that played hard rock versions of public domain songs, such as "London Bridge is Falling Down."

Steve, his friends, and Roger forming a band that did the exact same thing was a subplot in an early episode of American Dad. They even played "London Bridge is Falling Down."

Now, this could all be a coincidence...but apparently when they introduce the band during the episode there's a clip of them performing this song that Steve's voice actor Scott Grimes wrote, sang, and produced a music video for in 2007.

https://youtu.be/ARddozr7u70

EDIT: I think it was the episode that aired on February 11th and the band was Spandex Nation. I've never watched Hell's Kitchen myself, but I heard about this in an American Dad thread on another forum.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Id like to see more of
    I'm hoping they do add it, but I have a feeling there's some arcane rulings about the streaming rights v them and Disney from the earlier seasons

I dont know who owns it. Presumably Fox did but god knows.

• Options
    I had completely forgotten this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RUg_xOgzv8
    "Alright, that's enough turning around."

I fucking died.

• Options
    I had completely forgotten this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RUg_xOgzv8
    "Alright, that's enough turning around."

I fucking died.

American Dad is a clever show and it deserves a lot more attention and credit than it gets.

• Options
    FYI if you have Disney+, it looks like all of American Dad is on there now.

• Options

On the one hand, good.

On the other hand, fuck, I was hoping it would be on a streaming service I already subscribe to.

• Options

In the UK or Canada?

• Options

In the UK or Canada?

Definitely the UK

• Options
    edited February 2021
    It's not up in the US yet, though an unfinished page is available.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

In the UK or Canada?

Definitely the UK

Excellent, I was looking for something to have playing on the iPad while I play Destiny 2.

I'm mostly watching South Korean shows at the moment, so actually have to watch them.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    This is likely due to their release of Star; if you're in the US, it's still on Hulu. (Star is where some stuff from Hulu is getting stuck in D+ outside the US.)

• Options

Its odd they'd put it on plus. Maybe its coming with their parental lock stuff

• Options

Disappointingly, it seems that American Dad is ironically not coming to Disney+ in America (at least not yet). Apparently it's going to be on something related to Disney+ called Star in several other countries.

• Options

Disappointingly, it seems that American Dad is ironically not coming to Disney+ in America (at least not yet). Apparently it's going to be on something related to Disney+ called Star in several other countries.

Its on Hulu here so that makes more sense. Disney put their less family oriented stuff on Hulu

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

Its on Hulu here so that makes more sense. Disney put their less family oriented stuff on Hulu

That's literally the case here. The UK doesn't have Hulu, so Disney has just rolled in into Disney+ as of yesterday as "star".