As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Payday 2] Ron Perlman joins the crew! THE BIKER PACK available now!

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    So the 220th achievement was for DW on the Art Gallery. There are now 4 more achievements, obviously related to the Hoxton breakout thing. They have placeholder names right now, called "I", "am", "free" and "!". The internal names on SteamDB are bulldog_1 - bulldog_4.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Bulldog likely doesn't mean anything about the heist for people wondering.

It's just a super British dog breed so they're likely using it as a code for Hoxton related stuff.

• Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    I do wonder if the trailer is an indication of an actual heist. If that's true, then we might actually participate in a chase scene, firing while on the move.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I kinda don't want that. Get the impression their engine would struggle to do it any justice.

Though if they took this time to announce a revamped escape system where you can watch the progress of the escape on the map and discard loot/equipment bags to increase the odds of getting away that'd be nice.

• Options
    Well, it seems like people mostly hate escapes. But I was thinking about new escapes not as a random day, but rather as a regular days. Imagine something like Heat Street, where you need to push through lots of cops on an open street. To make it less annoying on heists with lots of bags, this kind of escape can feature several loot drop points along the way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Or the "bulldog" codename is related to the new enemy type.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    The King of the Jungle is a second studio to work specifically on more heists.

Which is awesome but a little weird to announce during your big celebration/big content splurge thing and not have a new heist to go with.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    The King of the Jungle is a second studio to work specifically on more heists.

Which is awesome but a little weird to announce during your big celebration/big content splurge thing and not have a new heist to go with.

It might be a promotion for those guys. The lead was working at Overkill, and he might be a relative of the level designer and the voice of sniper for hire.

Redthirst on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Lions live in the Savannah goddamnit Overkill.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I just grabbed Payday 2 while it's on sale, and man am I awful. I can't stealth that bank mission with the deposit boxes to save my life, any tips for someone who knows literally zero about what to do?

• Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Shoot like, all the cops.

As far as an actual tip for shooting cops goes, headshots are really important in this game. Fortunately they're also very easy to do compared to most FPSs.

Vic_Hazard on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well the free shotgun is a blast to use even unmodded

• Options
    @Kanden buzzed you a friend invite. If you're ever on feel free to pester me. I'm usually up for heisting.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well the free shotgun is a blast to use even unmodded

HA! HA!.....blast. :o

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Holy cow I have had such incredibly bad luck with pubs this weekend.

• Options

Bigger player base due to the event and sale translates into a lot of rusty players and newbies running around.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am rusty because I gave up for a time because of the really bad runs I was getting. All I was offered was overkill or death wish before the batch

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

Bigger player base due to the event and sale translates into a lot of rusty players and newbies running around.

Not only that but I don't think players realize what a big, big change it is to NOT have tier bonuses anymore. That and I feel Overkill is really amped up in terms of difficulty. But yeah, players just randomly disconnecting, kicking people for no reason, or not sticking with the group and then people getting downed and then more people getting downed saving them.

SPAS-12 is a nice addition though; I have it sitting at 88 damage with 000-buck and it fills that "better than the SPAS and M1044 but not quite as a good as the pump-action guns" quite nicely.

• Options

Not only that but I don't think players realize what a big, big change it is to NOT have tier bonuses anymore. That and I feel Overkill is really amped up in terms of difficulty. But yeah, players just randomly disconnecting, kicking people for no reason, or not sticking with the group and then people getting downed and then more people getting downed saving them.

SPAS-12 is a nice addition though; I have it sitting at 88 damage with 000-buck and it fills that "better than the SPAS and M1044 but not quite as a good as the pump-action guns" quite nicely.

Nah, it's universal that the more people you have playing the game, the worse the overall skill will be. During the early days of PD:TH, people who played on Overkill were usualy good at the game, since all the newbies played on lower difficulties. Here, we have players who don't really have much knowledge about the game going on Overkill and even Deathwish and failing there.
    As for difficulties, Overkill fucked up the scaling there. All difficulties before Deathwish are scaled quite nicely. But there is a huge gap between Overkill and Deathwish. So there are people for whom Overkill is too easy and Deathwish is too hard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like the Hoxton breakout heist is today...

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Looks like the Hoxton breakout heist is today...

Yup, that's been a known thing since near the start of crimefest.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    I will be online tonight with an eager desire to heist. Crossing fingers the new update is pushed by then.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Guys release the Hoxton Breakout mission
    Guys?

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Spam re-freshing the page.

Overkill please.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    It's on now.

• Options
    Okay.

Some ass come carry my level 0 ass through this thing.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    It's out.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Guys. Guys.

Load up Crimefests page. The music's great to listen to while patching.

• Options
    Okay.

Some ass come carry my level 0 ass through this thing.

If you're on later tonight by all means invite me, I'd love to play with some PA people.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    About halfway done downloading the update, shall we temporarily revive the crime time group to form proper crews for the ensuing shenanigans?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I'll head into the Crime time chat and chill.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I really need to get that assault pack achievement that unlocks a bunch of mods
    Why they tied it to an achievement that requires 3 other people with the correct masks is beyond my comprehension

New Talent Tree and Perk Deck, stolen from reddit
    THE FUGITIVE SKILL TREE
    TIER1:

Unlocking the fugitive: Unlocks the first aid kit deployable. The first aid kit is quick to deploy, quick to use, and restores health on pickup. You get four first aid kits.
    TIER2:
    DareDevil Basic: Increase climbing speed by 20%
    DareDevil Ace: you gain 15% dodge chance while zip-lining
    Hidden Blade basic: Increases your melee weapon concealment by 2
    Hidden Blade Ace: Enemeis make 95% less noise when shot or meleed to death.
    Thick Skin Basic: Your steadiness is increased by 10.
    Thick Skin Ace: The armor of all ballistic vests is increased by 20.
    TIER 3:
    Run and Gun Basic: You gain 10% more movement speed
    Run and Gun Ace: Your movement is unhindered while using steel sight
    Sixth Sense Basic: When you stand still for 3.5 seconds in stealth, you start to highlight people around you within a 10 meter radius
    Sixth Sense Ace: You can pick up items in casing mode.

Duck and Cover Basic: You have a 5% better chance to dodge while crouching.
    Duck and Cover Ace: You have an additional 10% better chance to dodge while crouching.
    TIER 4:
    Brother's Keeper Basic: The damage thugs deal to you is reduced by 10%
    Brother's Keeper Ace: The damage thugs deal to you is reduced by an additional 25%
    Winston Wolfe Basic: You can now carry 1 additional body bag
    Winston Wolfe Ace: During stealth, you know how to kill without leaving a trace. Reducing cleaning costs by 75%
    Quick fix basic: Decreases your first aid kit deploy time by 50%
    Quick fix Ace: crew members that use your first aid kits take 20% less damage for 10 seconds.
    TIER 5 (Note, costs increase from 1/3 for basic/ace to 4/8 for basic/ace from here on):
    Swan Song Basic: When your health reaches 0, instead of instantly going down, you can fight for 3 seconds with a 60% move penalty.
    Swan Song Ace: You no longer need to relead and can fight for an additional 6 seconds.
    UnderTaker Basic: You unlock the ability to place the body bag case deployable (Oh god yes)
    UnderTaker Ace: You can now place 2 body bag cases instead of just one
    Uppers Basic: Adds 3 more first aid kits to your inventory.
    Uppers Ace: Adds 7 more first aid kits to your inventory.
    TIER 6:
    Trigger Happy Basic: Each successful pistol hit grants a 10% damage boost for 2 seconds and can stack 4 times.
    Trigger Happy Ace: Increases the damage boost duration to 8.

Low Blow Basic: You gain 3% critical hit chance for every 3 points of concealment under 35, up to 30%.
    Low Blow Ace: You gain 3% critical hit chance for every 1 point of concealment under 35, up to 30%.
    Counter-Strike Basic: When charging your melee weapon, you will counterattack enemies that try to strike you, knocking them down. The knockdown does not deal damage.
    Counter-Strike Ace: You can now counter attack cloakers.
    TIER 7:
    BullsEye Basic: You regenerate 16 armor for each successful headshot. This can not occur more than once every 3 seconds.
    BullsEye Ace: You regenerate an additional 16 armor per headshot.

Sneaky Bastard Basic: You gain 1% dodge chance for every 3 points of concealment under 35%,up to 10%.
    Sneaky Bastard Ace: You can 1% dodge for every 1 point of concealment under 35%, up to 10%.
    AKIMBO Basic: You can dual wield two weapons, These can be found under the Akimbo tab in the inventory. These weapons have a 50% stability penalty.
    AKIMBO Ace: Your stability penalty with Akimbo weapons is set to 25% and increases the ammo capacity of your akimbo weapons to 150%

THE CROOK PERK DECK
    Card 1 - Subtle: Your chance to dodge is increased by 10%
    Card 3 - Basic Composure: Your chance to dodge is increased by 10% for ballistic vests.
    Card 5 - Advanced Composure: Your chance to dodge is increased by 10% for ballistic vests.
    Card 7 - Expert Composure: Your chance to dodge is increased by 15% for ballistic vests.
    Card 9 - Master Recovery: Your armor recovery rate is increased by 10%

Italics are mine. I think I'm switching from MM/Ghost to MM/Fugitive, rename myself to Chow Yun Fatt and go dual wielding pistols

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emw2-g8UKzI

Also, link to the breakout song

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    I probably won't be on till 9ish EST... hopefully by then people know how the heist works!

• Options
    Taking all my perk points.

Putting them in Crook.

Getting my god damned dodge chance back.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    So, on day 2 of the new mission, once you have finally done the whole mission and are holding in the entrance drilling the last door, DON'T put the server down, because either the bag is destructible or it just glitches out when the door opens. Somehow or another it disappeared, didn't reappear where it spawns, and we couldn't escape.

FUCK.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Hey all. I'm looking at picking this up. Is there any dlc that is considered necessary or worthwhile?

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    The first day took us ... 4 tries? The second day took one. On Overkill it was about 2.75m payout and toooooons of experience.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Hey all. I'm looking at picking this up. Is there any dlc that is considered necessary or worthwhile?
    Gage Mod Courier Pack is a must-have.
    Weapon Pack 1 is pretty nice as well since you get grenades.

Weapon Pack 2 has LMGS and my understanding is that they are generally less useful than other primaries, although you can terrorize people or something with them now.
    The Sniper Pack has sniper rifles which are sometimes very useful but I haven't messed with them much.
    The Shotgun Pack has some nice things for shotguns and some shotguns are really good.
    The Assault Pack has some nifty assault rifles but ultimately not quite as good as what the base game already has, but there's also a grenade launcher which is probably worth it alone.

The various heists are maybe worth getting if you don't have any friends with them. You can still join DLC games without the DLC. IMO Hotline Miami > Big Bank >>>>>>>> Armored Transport.

• Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So, on day 2 of the new mission, once you have finally done the whole mission and are holding in the entrance drilling the last door, DON'T put the server down, because either the bag is destructible or it just glitches out when the door opens. Somehow or another it disappeared, didn't reappear where it spawns, and we couldn't escape.

FUCK.
    It's fucking HoxHud's anti-cheat system, which can't quite come to grips with the mechanics of the fugitive's first-aid kits and other things of the latest update and as a result puts the kaibosh on any after 2 and anything else put down with the equipment key, bags included, and idiots just can't fucking get it that patches tend to break mods and broken mods tend to break games.
    The first day took us ... 4 tries? The second day took one. On Overkill it was about 2.75m payout and toooooons of experience.
    I think you forgot a 0 or a 1, because 2.75's what you get for non-pro hard. Between the contract pay and crew bonus Overkill should be a fucking bonanza.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    It was non-pro overkill and it was 2.75 million in spending cash. The offshore was way over 10 million. But I don't care about offshore.