Options

No time for [Chat], Mad Stan is on the loose!

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Except YOU because you didn't put in the meager effort to press "send friend request" you jerk.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    @ronya

I dumped Windows 8 and installed 10 Tech Preview on my laptop.

Seems solid so far. Wifi connects quicker. Start Menu is a start menu. I won't get much of a chance to dive into the corporate IT features which are the main event, though.

is this happening for you?

win10font.png

I am annoyed at the continuing confusion between design elements, but I suppose a lot of it is WIP

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    skippy I am logged in where are you

I am watching the voice and pouting

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    If Valkyria Chronicles wasn't made I probably would not be posting here.

Shiv would never have liked video games in the first place

I am actually eight

Your research work is incredibly impressive in light of this

A lot of things are impressive in light of this, unfortunately they are not worth getting carded for PG-13 movies.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    tyrannus is being difficult about watching the wire.

Because he is a jerk.

who is a nerd.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    watching Coraline

as stories about fairies should be, it is terrifying

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    watching Coraline

as stories about fairies should be, it is terrifying

Great movie

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    This is huge. Like destruction of the Berlin Wall, but more important:

http://toucharcade.com/2014/10/27/king-of-dragon-pass-developers-working-on-spiritual-successor-six-ages/

• Options
    Coraline being the one based on that book with the girl and the parents and there is rain at one point?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    @ronya

Seems solid so far. Wifi connects quicker. Start Menu is a start menu. I won't get much of a chance to dive into the corporate IT features which are the main event, though.

win10font.png

I am annoyed at the continuing confusion between design elements, but I suppose a lot of it is WIP

2nd half of the alphabet is DLC.

Windows going freemium.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Nope you are searchable apparently

I thought I friended you back when we were gonna BL2 but I guess not!

• Options
    Nope you are searchable apparently

I thought I friended you back when we were gonna BL2 but I guess not!

Huh

Weeeeeird!

• Options
    Coraline being the one based on that book with the girl and the parents and there is rain at one point?

and buttons, yes

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

and buttons, yes

Rad

I love that movie. It did a fantastic job of making me feel creeped out with no overtly creepy elements.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @syndalis - the Shadow Sun is really good. Feels like a KotoR game in terms of engine. Multiple quest solutions. I'm enjoying it.

• Options

and buttons, yes

Rad

I love that movie. It did a fantastic job of making me feel creeped out with no overtly creepy elements.

the fair folk is terrifying for exactly that reason

and make no mistake this is about the fair folk

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    nsfstraightmales:
    tom_hiddleston_05.jpg
    tom_hiddleston_01.jpg

He can be the hiddler on my roof any day

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    nsfstraightmales:
    tom_hiddleston_05.jpg
    tom_hiddleston_01.jpg

he is such the pretties
    cannot even

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Ooh, Valkyria Chronicles on PC. Cool.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    from the side that dude looks like matthew mcc

• Options
    the best part of the elder scrolls setting is the daedra

the worst part is the regular world

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I think that trying to take away the control panel is foolhardy

not because it's impossible to translate it into metro, but because nobody's going to go back and make sure that all the niche features of applets dating from WinXP/2K/NT will still work

I do also resent that whoever is metro-izing the control panel appears to have contempt for things like tabbing across interface elements, alt+tab, copy/paste, and so forth, but that might be fixable. Might. If they decide to. Which they might not.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    This is huge. Like destruction of the Berlin Wall, but more important:

http://toucharcade.com/2014/10/27/king-of-dragon-pass-developers-working-on-spiritual-successor-six-ages/

Are these games fun to play on iOS?

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    nsfstraightmales:
    tom_hiddleston_05.jpg
    tom_hiddleston_01.jpg

Is that the guy from Glee?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    the best part of the elder scrolls setting is the daedra

the worst part is the regular world

The worst part is that I can't have a cute pet wolf named senor nibs.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    nsfstraightmales:
    tom_hiddleston_05.jpg
    tom_hiddleston_01.jpg

Tom Hiddleston
    the guy from a handful of different things, most notably Loki in the MCU

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @ronya

win10font.png

No, it's not.

Also, since it's the technical preview, UI design is the most in-progress of the work-in-progress. Most of it is still pieces borrowed from Win8.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    nsfstraightmales:
    tom_hiddleston_05.jpg
    tom_hiddleston_01.jpg

I thought it was Loke

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options

not because it's impossible to translate it into metro, but because nobody's going to go back and make sure that all the niche features of applets dating from WinXP/2K/NT will still work

I do also resent that whoever is metro-izing the control panel appears to have contempt for things like tabbing across interface elements, alt+tab, copy/paste, and so forth, but that might be fixable. Might. If they decide to. Which they might not.

Have things actually been removed that were in the win8 control panel?

If they're just fleshing out the metro settings app that doesn't necessarily mean they're planning to ice the control panel.

They still haven't officially killed RT, so the settings app remains necessary.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    @ronya

win10font.png

No, it's not.

Also, since it's the technical preview, UI design is the most in-progress of the work-in-progress. Most of it is still pieces borrowed from Win8.

Ahhh... Work in progress.

I'm all like, ohh no not more shit... What the hell are they calling it now "Windows I..something Presentation?"

Grr.

Gosh darn rouge acronyms.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

If they're just fleshing out the metro settings app that doesn't necessarily mean they're planning to ice the control panel.

Win10 control panel is exactly the same as Win8 control panel.

But Win8 control panel occasionally dumps you into a mobile app paradigm - for example, when customizing user accounts, or changing wifi network settings - which is jarring and less efficient than the Win7 ways of doing things.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I don't get the Hiddleston and Cumberbatch love, I just don't

I can see when men are attractive but I just don't get it with those two

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

I want them to put wifi back in the control panel!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    it's not a WIP, you just have to trust in Karma that your system will configure itself properly.

• Options

When was WiFi in the control panel?

• Options

Win10 control panel is exactly the same as Win8 control panel.

But Win8 control panel occasionally dumps you into a mobile app paradigm - for example, when customizing user accounts, or changing wifi network settings - which is jarring and less efficient than the Win7 ways of doing things.

Ah okay. I am plenty familiar with the win 8 control panel's shenanigans.

I'm as pro win-8 as they come, and even I think their handling of wifi is a disgrace.

Ever had to delete a saved ssid/password? :rotate:

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

cumberbatch makes no sense yeah

but hiddleston i mean did you see only lovers left alive?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Forget it jake, it's squeetown

• Options
    edited October 2014
    redx wrote: »

When was WiFi in the control panel?

LDck1cA.png

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

hiddleston is good looking but yeah cumberbatch is funny lookin' in a general way

This discussion has been closed.