As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Today is Dragon Age: Inquisition release day.

This is problematic.

Who's bright idea was it to have Tera game night be Tuesdays? :razz:

The world may never know.

Just like the world may never know how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

This is problematic.

The world may never know.

Just like the world may never know how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Not that people haven't tried to do science on it.

MKR on
  • Options
    Speaking of science, what can a level 22 sorcerer do with 841 gold to make life easier? Expanding inventory slots is a given.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    How the hell did I misspell "whose" as "who's"?

That's embarrassing. I blame autocorrect.
    MKR wrote: »
    Speaking of science, what can a level 22 sorcerer do with 841 gold to make life easier? Expanding inventory slots is a given.

Assuming you have a maxed +9 avatar weapon, just check the broker for the best armor for your level - there's a filter to show "better than my currently equipped" so that simplifies the search process. Although for a sorc, armor probably isn't as relevant as the weapon anyway.

If you don't have a +9 weapon then that's where I'd start. Dirt cheap to enchant to that point and makes a ton of difference. Totally worth doing every time you get a new avatar weapon.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    How the hell did I misspell "whose" as "who's"?

That's embarrassing. I blame autocorrect.

Assuming you have a maxed +9 avatar weapon, just check the broker for the best armor for your level - there's a filter to show "better than my currently equipped" so that simplifies the search process. Although for a sorc, armor probably isn't as relevant as the weapon anyway.

If you don't have a +9 weapon then that's where I'd start. Dirt cheap to enchant to that point and makes a ton of difference. Totally worth doing every time you get a new avatar weapon.

I guess I should look into this. I was so surprised at the weapon's boost in power that I didn't think about improving it. All the stuff I struggled with before melted like butter. :rotate:

• Options
    With a maxed avatar weapon, everything melts like butter that's been touched by Satan.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Hmm, you should have basically everything up to Crescentia done, including all but one thing in the graveyard (that you get from the outpost past it) - all your current quests should be from the outpost. That said, it shouldn't take long to knock off anything you missed. Plus, you want to ding 16 so you can pick up the artifact quest (You get it automatically, then go talk to the person in Crescentia).

Well, I was in Crescentia when I logged out. @Kalnaur gave me his list of current quests; all I've presently got is the same main quest, no sides. I'll aim to ping 16 by TTT start time.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I met my first kinda-BAM last night in the graveyard and it kicked my ass to next Tuesday.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I met my first kinda-BAM last night in the graveyard and it kicked my ass to next Tuesday.

The Dragoon things? Melted.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

This is problematic.

I think it was Corrigan's idea.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    I don't think there are any "kinda BAM" creatures. It's a BAM or it's not, and when you start seeing them, you'll know it. :razz:

(And then, if you're playing a lancer, you just LOL at their inability to hurt you and you roll over them with glee. At least, that's been my experience through level 35 - I've effortlessly solo'd every BAM the game has thrown at me. Could change later, and wouldn't surprise me if it does!)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    It probably was a BAM then. Unique in name and style in the graveyard. Had no problem with anything else then he just up and murdered me.

• Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    It probably was a BAM then. Unique in name and style in the graveyard. Had no problem with anything else then he just up and murdered me.

Was it a bone knight on a dragon-like mount? Because if it was, that's just a regular enemy.

BAMs are bigger.

• Options
    Yeah, BAMs are aptly-named BIG-ass monsters and there aren't any in the graveyard (if you mean the graveyard outside Crescentia). The first BAM you're likely to see is either a basilisk (near the first dungeon) or a kumas (a few zones down the road). Unless there's another one I can't remember...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, BAMs are aptly-named BIG-ass monsters and there aren't any in the graveyard (if you mean the graveyard outside Crescentia). The first BAM you're likely to see is either a basilisk (near the first dungeon) or a kumas (a few zones down the road). Unless there's another one I can't remember...

EDIT: nothing to see here, move along. (reading comprehension fail)

Yeah, basilisk's are likely to be the first BAM's. Then the Kumas.

Than the Nagas. I like fighting the naga BAM's. At least, I do as a tank.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

By a thigh size changer and give yourself thunder thighs.

this may not actually be good advice

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    ^ Can confirm. Makes sorcerer badass.

Source: none, making this up as I go along.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I totally bought myself a cowboy hat with Federation Bills last night.

• Options
    Playing the game right.

(rumors that my main castanic lancer has pretty much every costume in the game and a multitude of wings and hats and glasses are greatly only slightly exaggerated. And every other character has at least one costume)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    This is what BAM melting with a +9 avatar weapon looks like: Naga, Kumas

I almost got the warlord, but I went too far and lost aggro, so it reset to full HP. Then it creamed me because I didn't bother to heal or recharge.

• Options
    After looking at your health bar, I have new advice: save up 1800 gold or so (varies day to day) and buy some magic underwear from the broker. Listed as "innerwear" in the armor section of the broker, iirc. The wimpiest version of it, equippable at any level, gives you +3001 hit points and a few other miscellaneous bonuses.

Worth every penny.

This advice applies to every new character.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    After looking at your health bar, I have new advice: save up 1800 gold or so (varies day to day) and buy some magic underwear from the broker. Listed as "innerwear" in the armor section of the broker, iirc. The wimpiest version of it, equippable at any level, gives you +3001 hit points and a few other miscellaneous bonuses.

Worth every penny.

!

I guess it's back to the mines the next time I log in. Thanks for the advice.

• Options

Worth every penny.

Why am I not surprised that this game has underwear equipables . . .

Well, I guess it's better than Scarlet Blade, where all the characters are female and they have CS items to take off your undergarments. :eek:

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Played this game off and on since release and still didn't know that. Time to save up some cash.

• Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Re: magic underwear
    All TERA toons are Mormons CONFIRMED.

Just making sure I got this right: in order to unlock the first dungeon do I need to do all of the Cultist storyline missions in Valley of Titans, etc first?

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ironsizide wrote: »
    Re: magic underwear
    All TERA toons are Mormons CONFIRMED.

Just making sure I got this right: in order to unlock the first dungeon do I need to do all of the Cultist storyline missions in Valley of Titans, etc first?

You just need to hit level 20 to unlock the first dungeon. Completing the cultist questline up to that point will unlock the quests for the dungeon, but you can run the dungeon at level 20 regardless of quest status, and you cannot run the dungeon prior to level 20 regardless of quest progress.

• Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Gotcha. I may or may not have a freshly minted lvl20 sorcerer that could fill in if need be for any TTT shenanigans tonight. I'll probably be on in the 8:30-10pm EST (GMT-5) range.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    NEVERMIND! SHIT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK AGAIN!

I will try one more time. But I am NOT fucking with this every time I try to play. If it happens again, I am out. This is ridiculous.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Two SS's from tonight

?.jpg

and

?.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm out. I have better things to do with my time than fight with this launcher.

You know what other MMOs have? A repair button. That you can just hit at any time to fix the launcher. Hell, sometimes they even have it outside of the launcher for such an occasion where you cannot access the launcher.

You know. A good idea.

I'll give the game one more chance. a complete reinstallation and download. It will take me three fucking days to actually finish it, but whatever. I want to enjoy this game. I WAS enjoying this game. But clearly I'm not allowed enjoyment.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Tera's launcher has a repair button...

Just sayin.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Tera's launcher has a repair button...

Just sayin.
    Cant use it if it resets before I'm able to push it! It should be able to be pushed regardless of what the launcher is doing (Well, maybe not while patching) But it does not let you push the button until you log in...which causes the launcher to reset. Also, aparently you cannot just push the button. The launcher has to deign you worthy to hit the button.

Edit: Sorry. I'm whining and probably annoying everyone. I'm just so sick of nothing ever working. It's become a joke around here that I can never run anything properly, and the fact is that it's completely true. It's very rare where I'm actually able to enjoy something without it coming back and giving me a middle finger.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I can sympathise, my own install of TERA will periodically just break and and I'll need to spend hours googling and trying solutions before it'll work. Frankly I'm shocked it's still an issue this far into the game's lifespan. :/

[edit] It's also the main reason the game doesn't live on my fast gaming HD any more, because I got tired of needing to move everything else off it in order to reinstall it, due to the game needing twice its size in space to reinstall itself.

Glal on
  • Options
    Wish I could help you out. No idea what the issue is. When I had that infinite log-in loop issue, deleting the .version files sorted it out.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    For BAMs, Basilisks are surprisingly easy to melt. I could farm these even without the repeatable quest.

• Options
    Amazing. Simply amazing. A full game reinstallation did not fix my issue.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Your avatar seems oddly apropos at this junction.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I've been warning my roommate for ages that he can't facetank as a Slayer, and now he's hit the mid twenties and I keep hearing "What the hell? That one shot me?!" and it's hilarious. I'm probably not going to be putting too much time into Tera outside of TTT (it's just not grabbing me like WoW did), but he just gave up LoL and it looks like this'll be his timesink for a while.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    All this TERA talk makes me want to bring Montague the rabbit out of retirement

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    I've been warning my roommate for ages that he can't facetank as a Slayer, and now he's hit the mid twenties and I keep hearing "What the hell? That one shot me?!" and it's hilarious. I'm probably not going to be putting too much time into Tera outside of TTT (it's just not grabbing me like WoW did), but he just gave up LoL and it looks like this'll be his timesink for a while.

Oh... his life as a slayer is going to be short and unhappy.