As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reveal Knob's embarrassing repressed fetishes in the [Indie Games] thread

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Heavy... Gear!?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    indie games flash sale on PSN this weekend, lots of indies 50-80% off

also: because of the PSN outage over Christmas, they're giving out a code gives 10% off of your entire cart. everyone in each region shares the same code (North America's code is KF56EM5KB3), it can only be used once per account, and it's only good for this weekend.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    E-SPORTS

EVOLVED

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »

also: because of the PSN outage over Christmas, they're giving out a code gives 10% off of your entire cart. everyone in each region shares the same code (North America's code is KF56EM5KB3), it can only be used once per account, and it's only good for this weekend.

was shadow warrior worth playing?

im thinking about buying that shadow warrior

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Shadow Warrior's pretty fun

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    E-SPORTS

EVOLVED

if it had been written as e-volved, day 1

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Man, Fibbage is fun

I grabbed it, and the lady friend and I test drove it with just the two of us, and it's already a friggin' hoot. On multiple occasions, we put the exact same lie, because we're mindmelded dorks. There were also multiple times where we picked one another lies, and felt mirrored excitement/betrayal.

We got more laughs out of a single game of Fibbage than we have from most anything else we've ever played together. What a special lil' gem that thing is.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Drawful is fibbage but better in every way

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Shadow Warrior's pretty fun

It and Wolfenstein: The New Order are great old school shooters. Very different games aside from that, but both great.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Armello looks awesome as fuck.

It is! I backed the Kickstarter, and started playing the Early Access last night. It's really, really fun.

They gave all these warnings about how unfinished the game was, how it still has so much development left, etc. But it already feels really robust, stable, and an all-around pleasure to play.

• Options

My crew ain't big into drawing, but is big into lying

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I've developed a strategy with Early Access games as of late

I buy them, play them for a little bit and go "okay this is cool, now I am never going to play this again until it is finished"

I already know Massive Chalice is incredible

and the next time I play it will be when it's released, and it'll be way way better

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Been real tempted to grab the Jackbox Party Pack on my Fire TV Stick

I figure that would be a neat thing to be able to take on the go

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Mr. G wrote: »

I buy them, play them for a little bit and go "okay this is cool, now I am never going to play this again until it is finished"

and the next time I play it will be when it's released, and it'll be way way better

I thought it was released?

Edit: But that's what I do too, yeah. I kicked Sunless Sea, played it for a few hours, and went, "Yeah, I'm good 'till it's out out"

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    They released the beta to backers and then a couple weeks later put it on Early Access, and it's still in Early Access as of now

They're at version 0.9 so it should be fully released pretty soon

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Massive Chalice is really good but its really unbalanced

The hybrid classes are all worse than their base class and its difficult to avoid getting them

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Im finding saying fuck you to the other classes and focusing on Hunters is a solid strategy

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

I thought it was released?

Edit: But that's what I do too, yeah. I kicked Sunless Sea, played it for a few hours, and went, "Yeah, I'm good 'till it's out out"

Sunless Sea is damn close now. Week after next I believe.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

My crew ain't big into drawing, but is big into lying

It's more that fibbage has a finite number of questions

While drawful has a similar number, it takes far more time for people to run out of ways to draw things shitty

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I'm gonna play Theme Hospital for some reason. @Huntera is also here???

http://www.hitbox.tv/johnham

signature.png

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »

man!

if you've had PS+ for a while this is a really shitty sale!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I got around to picking up Freedom Wars, got the monster hunting bug bad I guess, couldn't wait.

Game's premise is so over the top as to be hilarious, resources are scarce, society has collapsed, if you are a person without worth to society you are labeled a Sinner and have to do dangerous field work to repay your drain on society, etc. You start off with 1 million years of jail time for your crime of amnesia, doing missions lessons this jail time, breaking laws earns you jail time.

I got 10 years of jail time added for trying to talk to someone, then I got 10 years of jail time for walking within 1 meter of someone of the opposite gender. Scared of getting more jail time I started sprinting back to my cell. Only to get 20 years of jail time for sprinting longer than 5 seconds, I need to save that energy for missions, wasting calories on leisure time is not allowed.

Through doing missions I am slowly buying back my rights to do things and not earn jail time, I just earned the right to sleep lying down instead of sitting.

• Options
    Ack this isn't the playstation thread.

Tempted to pick up Rollers of the Realm for my Vita from the sale.

• Options
    Amazing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I found a Theme Hospital mod that allows you to play in higher resolutions, and also probably eliminates that bug that killed me twice.

I am going to play more Theme Hospital at some point. I don't know why, really.

signature.png

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I found a Theme Hospital mod that allows you to play in higher resolutions, and also probably eliminates that bug that killed me twice.

I am going to play more Theme Hospital at some point. I don't know why, really.

It's a really good game

Edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DyTkXZD9pI

Also the music and background voices were really well done

Peas on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Y'know, I think I might give Theme Hospital a shot. It still free on Origin or whatever?

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

oh hey it's nice of them to release the other half of beyond earth

pretty sure I already used this joke, don't care. still bitter

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Beyond Earth was always about colonizing a single planet

Starships is about travelling across a Galaxy running into other cultures and finding other humans

Your joke don't work

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Yeah these are definitely different games. Beyond earth will get there after a couple expansions

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Seems to me that it should have already been there when they asked people to pay €50 for it.

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Seems to me that it should have already been there when they asked people to pay €50 for it.

It is an entirely competent, playable game

Every modern Civilization game has been like this. Th base game is solid but not amazing and the expansions improve and tweak its mechanics .

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I liked Beyond Earth a whole lot!

I had more fun with Endless Legend, but it didn't make BE retroactively un-fun or nothin'. I got my money's worth and enjoyed the heck out of it.

• Options
    Yeah I like BE too

It ain't perfect but it was worth the price

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    BE is a good game and I legit don't get why so many people want to act like it killed their dog or something.

It's not a great game, yet, and feels in some ways like the design philosophy doesn't reflect what they learned along the way with the Civ 5 expansions, but it's still a solid game.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Every modern Civilization game has been like this. Th base game is solid but not amazing and the expansions improve and tweak its mechanics .

I wasn't commenting on it's current quality, I was commenting on the, apparently accepted, idea that "Beyond earth will get there after a couple expansions".

• Options
    BE was alright but they totally dropped the ball with the end game, personally, so it is hard for me to get excited to start up a new game as I know the end game is just going to be a boring slog.

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I wasn't commenting on it's current quality, I was commenting on the, apparently accepted, idea that "Beyond earth will get there after a couple expansions".
    Eh, that's how a lot of strategy games work

They figure out what systems need improving and what would be fun to add via player response to the base game

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Civ V was a very good game that became incredible after two expansions. I expect BE to follow a similar trajectory, but I don't think any part of the expansions is going to include interplanetary stuff, either.

signature.png

This discussion has been closed.