As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    my case is silly big but I won it at a pax so I can't complain

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    butts.

i forgot how to play WoW.

Apparently Earth Shock was removed from the game, so my "smash this one button for Shaman Glory" macro was broke. It took me like 20 minutes last night to figure that out.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I'm too plebeian to give up DVD drives

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    the only band i really want to see right now is ghost

i will have to catch them the next time they are in the us

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I think I'd rather set myself on fire than use "bing" as a verb.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    i prefer the monolithic towers to anything else available

I have that Fractal case too. My computer's network name is Kubrick because big black monolith.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I'm too plebeian to give up DVD drives

They are dirt cheap and can have some use. I keep one in my machine.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

yeah, I would pay a microtransaction to replace the word "bing" with "search"

But fuck it, it works nice in the context of the xbox and I'll deal with the mild irritant.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Hmmm... thanks Synd. That gives me a little more to think about.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    So, [chat], if I finally pull the trigger on the Xbone, do I get the Kinect version or the Kinect-less version?

Like, we dropped cable-TV at home, so I feel like the "command your media via voice" stuff might be a waste, but I know there's other stuff you can do with it. Also, I don't have my Xbox hooked up to my TV; it's at my desk, so I feel like that would probably give the Kinect issues with how close I am to it.

Wat do?

Its useful for quick and dirty stuff, even without the TV.

Like, "xbox mute" "xbox pause" "xbox volume down" "xbox record that" "xbox bing... breaking bad (will show you all the places you can watch it including all your streaming services, and a one click jump direct to the show inside the app)"

Also, auto login is neat. Summer watching TV, I can step in, it sees me and signs me in... I can tell the xbox to go home and show my stuff and all my icons pop up on screen. It's all pretty seamless.

There have been very few games that really make it worthwhile though. For me, it has been nice while playing a game to be able to control the volume (or mute it) without having to pause, put the controller down, etc.

There is no one thing that says you NEED it, but its a bunch of minor quality of life things that I feel add up to a nice package.

kinect let people see me stream last night

every time i showed a nipple i got another viewer

lesson learned

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    the only band i really want to see right now is ghost

i will have to catch them the next time they are in the us

I saw them about a year ago and they were the best. They were touring with Dream Theater headlining and a good 20% of the crowd left when ghost was done. I should have done the same. Dream theater is not good live. So loud and incomprehensible.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    butts.

Apparently Earth Shock was removed from the game, so my "smash this one button for Shaman Glory" macro was broke. It took me like 20 minutes last night to figure that out.

No Earth Shock? Wasn't that the interrupt ability? That was an essential skill.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    i prefer the monolithic towers to anything else available

I have that Fractal case too. My computer's network name is Kubrick because big black monolith.

My file server's name is monolith.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Is Chris Hemsworth a stock image model when hes not making Marvel movies???

Throat_tightness.jpeg?1386671855

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    a good friend of mine has a very similar case

if the case that i'm currently using didn't come with the mobo that i got i would be breadboarding

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Swiss-Style brackets seem like a dumb system unless there's some kind of ranking carryover

It's basically just single-elimination except all the losers keep playing for no reason.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So, [chat], if I finally pull the trigger on the Xbone, do I get the Kinect version or the Kinect-less version?

Like, we dropped cable-TV at home, so I feel like the "command your media via voice" stuff might be a waste, but I know there's other stuff you can do with it. Also, I don't have my Xbox hooked up to my TV; it's at my desk, so I feel like that would probably give the Kinect issues with how close I am to it.

Wat do?

@iTunesIsEvil‌ You don't need it. Pull the trigger, friend us all, get Destiny, join the cult.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    butts.

It's named Wind Shear now apparently, but does no damage and is interrupt only.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Oh yeah, 1080p wide angle HD camera with a sensitive mic that picks up voice anywhere in the room.

If you have a bunch of people on both sides of the conversation (like, say, christmas or thanksgiving), XBO skype is straight-up amazing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    breadboardshrink.jpg

the post-anarchism of this setup

the interconnected yet discrete components...

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Is Chris Hemsworth a stock image model when hes not making Marvel movies???

Throat_tightness.jpeg?1386671855

Listen. JCPenny's catalog may not be the most grandiose job. But it pays the bills.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

Wat do?

@iTunesIsEvil‌ You don't need it. Pull the trigger, friend us all, get Destiny, join the cult.

It's nonessential. Just nice. But yeah, jump in and join us. JOIN USSSSSSS.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    butts.

Did they fix fragile totems so they are no longer destroyed by a PVP opponent with a simple macro?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki wrote: »
    POSTING FROM NEW COMPUTAR LEL
    it looks like this

image.php.jpg

is very boring tower hoho

first time i turned it on it didnt boot and i was like uhhh

so i hard reset it
    then it says

"overclocking failed"

it turns out they actually underclocked the ram because ddr4 3000mhz ram is currently unstable with most bioses, and are waiting for a bios update which they will notify me of

but still i nearly had a moment where i was like WTFAAAAAAAAAK

specs are dis
    Case FRACTAL DEFINE R4 BLACK PEARL QUIET MID-TOWER CASE
    Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-5930K (3.5GHz) 15MB Cache
    Motherboard ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
    Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X PREDATOR QUAD-DDR4 3000MHz X.M.P (4 x 4GB)
    Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
    1st Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
    2nd Hard Disk 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
    1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
    Power Supply CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
    Processor Cooling Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
    Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Looks like we're case twinsies. Well, more like a case family with the rest of chat. I recommend that you find the setting in your mb BIOS to turn off the LED, because it is bright as fuck.

Hahaha I came here to make this exact post. Same exact case, LED was stupid bright. It's the best case aside from its size. All full of soundproofing, especially with that front panel closed.

It shines in all-caps. God help you if you turn off the light in your room with the computer still on.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Wat do?

I like the kinect although it's a far cry from, like, Siri. In practice it mostly is my "pause" and "play" video playback device.

There are some cool uses of it here and there -- in project Spark you can create custom skeletal animations for creatures by recording your own movements with a kinect and it really works pretty well.

Ultimately though it is not mandatory so the unfortunwte consensus is that it will probably be underutilized.

If you have a iPhone/iPad be sure to get the Xbone Smartglass app and sync your YouTube app to the Xbone. That is super handy (especially since you can't voice search within the Xbone YouTube app).

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    still-of-ethan-hawke-and-uma-thurman-in-gattaca-(1997)-large-picture.jpg

Our astro scientists should aspire to Gattaca levels of cool, not proto-idiocracy cheeto stained cargo shorts.

My dad thought the coolest part of the future in that movie wasn't the gene engineering but that you could wear a suit into space

• Options
    deleuze would've breadboarded

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    butts.

Did they fix fragile totems so they are no longer destroyed by a PVP opponent with a simple macro?

no. pvp for [enh] shaman still bad.

• Options
    breadboardshrink.jpg

Also it's super fun when you drop a paperclip or staple and it goes POP and now you need a new GPU.

Also good for people who really like the sound of a running hair drier.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So Cass, I'm suggesting you follow me in my new Christmas Tradition this year. Everytime TBS plays A Christmas Story, I put on Die Hard and watch it instead.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

this was...so...so painful

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    What would possess someone to buy a silk shirt that looks like an 80s arcade cabinet?
    Why would that person then wear that shirt at a PR event???

NASA pls

That's ESA, the European Space Agency

America's nerds have standards

nasa-mohawk-guy.jpg

i luv u Bobak Ferdowsi

he's persian u kno

he should have used the sands of time to stop himself from getting that haircut

puh leez I remember watching the Curiosity feed and being like "That cute guy sure stands out!" and then he got a call from the President and became the Curiosity team's media darling

*hisses*

Lud is just jelly that the guy with the mohawk and stars is cuter than he is.

• Options
    NED RYERSON!

BING!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    deleuze would've breadboarded

woulda gotten a mac and reveled in the contradictions, I think

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Judging people is a useful skill! On the train at night I am a judgement machine. If I can't get the outside seat in a 3 seater, then I am furiously judging everyone as I go up and down the aisles, looking for the right combination of passive/submissive looking people and thin people so that I can expect to not be crowded in the seat.

• Options
    http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6597/breadboardshrink.jpg

Running a VGA monitor from that setup? What is this the USSR?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    emnmnme wrote: »

They have a thing where you can configure sets of totems and throw up all four with one button.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    breadboardshrink.jpg

Also it's super fun when you drop a paperclip or staple and it goes POP and now you need a new GPU.

Also good for people who really like the sound of a running hair drier.

i don't mind fan noise

and to that first point: [as if i have any small tchotchkes in my apartment whatsoever / tread softly, for you tread on my dreams]

Eddy on
  • Options
    The best part of the Kinect is yelling things at it while Will plays destiny.

Xbox snap Internet explorer. Xbox play music.

This discussion has been closed.